What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (13 Viewers)

Wilson finally traded

Ripped em off.

Seriously congratulations on getting out of the distraction and getting something for him

-QG
My friend said that they should build a statue for JD for being able to trade him. I said, great, let's build a statue for the guy that made one of the worst draft picks in Jets history, if not all time.

I'm curious to see if Payton can turn him into a decent QB. God knows that we can't develop any QBs. The kid has a great arm and mobility, but a bird brain so far.

Maybe Broncos are tanking for next season?

Zach Wilson, Jarrett Stidham, Ben DiNucci. Oof.

So do you guys hunt out a cheap #3/emergency guy?

-QG

Best return we could hope for based on the mkt for other QBs traded. At least hes gone and wont be a distraction. Not an awful dice roll by Denver and ZW has a legit offensive coach. Win/Win.

Officially closes the book on the worst draft pick in team history - and theres been a ton

Yeah, miracle they got anything for this weekend. I always assumed this would be the result ( 7 for 6 swap) but I figured the other team would delay until after the draft just to kick the "cost" down the road a year.

Maybe next time let's look at who the guy is playing against in college before we mess our pants over a handful of OMG chuck and pray TD passes....ey Joe?

This one was a disaster from day 1. I stopped playing football in 5th grade and I knew it from the start

Yeah, miracle they got anything for this weekend. I always assumed this would be the result ( 7 for 6 swap) but I figured the other team would delay until after the draft just to kick the "cost" down the road a year.

Maybe next time let's look at who the guy is playing against in college before we mess our pants over a handful of OMG chuck and pray TD passes....ey Joe?

This one was a disaster from day 1. I stopped playing football in 5th grade and I knew it from the start
guy vaulted up to #2 over a pro day throw!

silver lining is all the other 1st rd QBs except Trevor are awful as well. Once they won that meaningless game the die was cast!

guy vaulted up to #2 over a pro day throw!

silver lining is all the other 1st rd QBs except Trevor are awful as well. Once they won that meaningless game the die was cast!

Pretty sure he was at #2 way before the Pro-Day. It only cemented that we were taking him over Fields. I don't think Lance was even in the conversation either.

I'll give you credit. You called it from the start......but it's a pretty safe bet no matter whomever we draft. We are just terrible at developing QBs. Gotta wonder if Mahomes would have been bad behind this team.

I'll give you credit. You called it from the start......but it's a pretty safe bet no matter whomever we draft. We are just terrible at developing QBs. Gotta wonder if Mahomes would have been bad behind this team.

To be fair, I thought fields would be good and should have been the pick (and I still believe he can be salvaged)

But God this was just so obvious. I truly believe Wilson would have failed anywhere. He's that bad

I have a feeling its going to be a WR at 10 (unless Alt somehow falls)

And then you just hold your nose and PRAY that Smith stays healthy enough to play left tackle for 5 months, which is an unbelievable gamble.

I still think they should trade BACK....but it takes two to tango.

And then you just hold your nose and PRAY that Smith stays healthy enough to play left tackle for 5 months, which is an unbelievable gamble.

Maybe Indy looks to jump up from 15 to take Bowers and we can get their 2nd back for it. Probably would need to send something back their way too though.

Maybe Indy looks to jump up from 15 to take Bowers and we can get their 2nd back for it. Probably would need to send something back their way too though.

That would be like our first and third for their first, second, and 5th rounder.

Hold your nose again when we sign Bakhtiari to fill in for Smith.

The Rodgers window is very short.....so it's tough to swallow using the pick on a guy who theoretically might not play this year....but it was the right move. Natural LT and Smith probably doesn't make it through the year unscathed.

Fleeced minny for a couple of picks on the trade down as well

Loved getting premium Oline, plus extra picks. Bowers was the sexy choice, but tackle issues are season killers. Hopefully we got Brick 2.0.

Aside from insurance this year, we would have been in the same situation the following year looking for starting tackles. This is also a relatively cheap option going forward.

Definitely not the sexy choice, but smart one imo. Now let's get some pass catchers.

Not sexy but the right move. OL is old and injury prone. Cant risk having a mess again. Pretty confident he'll play this year and likely a lot. This leaves the OL with a future core of Olu, AVT and Tippman. Cant have enough OL IMO after the last few yrs. Id stil sign another body!

Great trade down - assuming JD was bluffing hard and it woked out great with LV/Denver right behind Minny. I definitely think there is a good chance they trade into the 2d for a WR. Looking at the chart - their 3rd and the 3 4ths equal about 384 pts which could get them around pick 53 (mid 2d) - if they throw in a 3rd next yr that should get them a bit higher - definitely see a possible trade up if their guy is on the board

Not sexy but the right move. OL is old and injury prone. Cant risk having a mess again. Pretty confident he'll play this year and likely a lot. This leaves the OL with a future core of Olu, AVT and Tippman. Cant have enough OL IMO after the last few yrs. Id stil sign another body!

Great trade down - assuming JD was bluffing hard and it woked out great with LV/Denver right behind Minny. I definitely think there is a good chance they trade into the 2d for a WR. Looking at the chart - their 3rd and the 3 4ths equal about 384 pts which could get them around pick 53 (mid 2d) - if they throw in a 3rd next yr that should get them a bit higher - definitely see a possible trade up if their guy is on the board
Unless they love someone in the 50s, I think I'd rather stand pat. Maybe someone like Polk in the 3rd, and then in the 4th, they can add a good backup RB to Breece and maybe look at a developmental-type QB before giving the D some help.

ETA: What kind of value does our 2025 2nd have in a trade up with our 3rd this year?

Users who are viewing this thread