What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (11 Viewers)

Gave kinlaw 7m guaranteed. This is the jarred davis signing all over again

Unbelievable. How on earth did this guy deserve $7m? That's 2 d-line signings vs 1 on the o-line so far for anyone keeping count.

Rodgers and this VP thing is so on-brand. At this point, it would be hilarious (in not a good way) if he left to run for a failing VP run and Woody was forced to keep all his loser coaches and GM. Maybe that's why Fatso is refusing to spend money on the offense and is actually scouting all the QBs.

I forgot to mention:

Rodgers: "The bs that has nothing to do with winning, needs to get out of the building."

Immediately after: Accuses Kimmel of being on the Epstein list. Talks all kinds of conspiracies on multiple podcasts. May be running for VP. Lol, you can't make this up.
In the words of Tony Soprano: "I'm gonna say a few things. And I'm gonna say some bad words. And you're just gonna have to deal with it."
<rant incoming>

I'm just about done with this stupid ###### franchise. Only this joke of an organization can bring in this walking clownshow, and empower him to do whatever the hell his pompous, egotistical ### wants to do because there is ZERO semblance of balls or leadership anywhere in this organization to either keep him in check, or at least counterbalance his ######## amongst the rest of the team. You would think this ###hole would be concerned with continuing the rehab of his catastrophic injury so he can MAYBE come back and be 75% of his former self? Nope, let's just make a mockery of all of it with these fake political campaigns, going viral with subversive ######## with all his new age loser snake oil salesman friends like Toe Rogan, Aubrey Marcus and the like. Are you a future HOFer coming here to "save" this franchise, or are you a pop culture icon that sometimes plays football in the background?

And we're allegedly supposed to be a Super Bowl contender? On what planet?! This team is sitting idly, getting worse by the day refusing to even go half all in for this unsustainable situation. Yet they can't/won't draft a QB to try YET again to find a franchise qb because theyre handcuffed to this moron that they sold their soul to.

This is going to piss some people off, and it's probably at least 50% reactionary on a stupid morning here, but I'm getting to the point where I legitimately want this whole thing to crash and burn in a very prominent way. This whole org needs to be fired and [once again] start over.

The Rodgers stuff is just usual offseason nonsense for him. I put zero concern into his strange behavior as long as hes healthy and plays this year.

I am less than happy with FA so far - in a win now scenario they overpaid for a few mediocre pieces that dont move the needle at all. JD saving money like hes here the long term - strange.

I have no doubt agents use the Jets - its been happening for years - they are always used to inflate offers and have to overpay to land players - winning takes care of that eventually

Im not getting too upset because if it goes bad then they are all gone

Looking at these signings is painful - Kinlaw, Fotu and Simpson contracts together are pretty close on a yearly for what Huff signed. Id much rather have Huff.....very underwhelmed for an all in year with limited premium draft picks

only positive is JD leaving the next guy lots of cap room for next year - $100M plus at least $16M in obvious cuts.

Looking at these signings is painful - Kinlaw, Fotu and Simpson contracts together are pretty close on a yearly for what Huff signed. Id much rather have Huff.....very underwhelmed for an all in year with limited premium draft picks

only positive is JD leaving the next guy lots of cap room for next year - $100M plus at least $16M in obvious cuts.
I appreciate that he's not overspending just for the sake of it to try to save his job and leave us in cap hell after he's gone, but its also baffling that he's not trying to press at least a little, especially with the alleged window they believe we're in because of Rodgers. Diontae Johnson was GIVEN away - not sure why it wouldn't have been viable to bring him in at the cost of minimal draft capital.

We're going to end up cleaning house with coach/GM but in typical JEST fashion, still cannot figure out how to align those 2 with their young QB of choice. Instead, it feels like it'll be more of a temporary regime coming in to continue to assist Rodgers in his bidding until he finally decides to retire (which I pray is after this season). So while that cap space will be nice on paper, I still don't think anybody is beating down the door to sign here. Maybe it means we'll be able to keep the 4 good players we actually have (besides the Williams bros).

Wow, Fatso actually signed Greg the Leg. I’m almost shocked that he paid up. Good start to the day.
More shocking that he'd want to come back.

I appreciate that he's not overspending just for the sake of it to try to save his job and leave us in cap hell after he's gone, but its also baffling that he's not trying to press at least a little, especially with the alleged window they believe we're in because of Rodgers. Diontae Johnson was GIVEN away - not sure why it wouldn't have been viable to bring him in at the cost of minimal draft capital.

We're going to end up cleaning house with coach/GM but in typical JEST fashion, still cannot figure out how to align those 2 with their young QB of choice. Instead, it feels like it'll be more of a temporary regime coming in to continue to assist Rodgers in his bidding until he finally decides to retire (which I pray is after this season). So while that cap space will be nice on paper, I still don't think anybody is beating down the door to sign here. Maybe it means we'll be able to keep the 4 good players we actually have (besides the Williams bros).
good call - that has to be a major factor - The big 4 are open to extensions next year and looking at close to $100M (CB $22M yr + Edge $26M + WR $27M + RB $15M = $90M) - if they dont make a major run this year they wasted 3 yr cheap window

While he sets his market on good players and refuses to overpay, he tends to overpay on lesser players that seemingly have little market value. How is Kinlaw getting that much?

Also, he talks about building homegrown talent through the draft, but then lets Huff walk out the door.

Well, the Jets just traded for Morgan Moses. Welcome back

Good trade for sure. I know they wanted to lock him up long term a couple of years ago but he wanted a 1 year prove it deal. (And he did prove it, resulting in a multi year gig in Baltimore)

Very solid starting RT. This honestly might pave the way for a WR at 10

Good trade for sure. I know they wanted to lock him up long term a couple of years ago but he wanted a 1 year prove it deal. (And he did prove it, resulting in a multi year gig in Baltimore)

Very solid starting RT. This honestly might pave the way for a WR at 10

He's only making $5.5 m this year

Moses is solid with a reasonable contract. To land him while only swapping 4ths and giving up a 6th is a solid deal.

Assuming they land Rodgers buddy that would at least cover them at LT - definitely gives them options at #10.

Moses is solid with a reasonable contract. To land him while only swapping 4ths and giving up a 6th is a solid deal.

Assuming they land Rodgers buddy that would at least cover them at LT - definitely gives them options at #10.
It's a great deal. We just have to ignore that JD let him go in the first place and uses assets to get him back, but considering how bad some of his moves are, we can live with it.

I put zero concern into his strange behavior as long as hes healthy and plays this year.

I think the issue is that it could prevent him from playing at the start of the year, isn't that a concern?
My personal opinion is zero chance - even if this becomes a thing Ill be shocked if he misses any games. maybe some practices here and there - just usual Rodgers offseason nonsense

I've been painting our basement for the last month, and every time I go to the paint store, there's a gallon of Jets green paint just sitting there in the $5 bin. I came home last night and told the wife I was going to buy the gallon and paint a wall Jets green. She hesitated, then said "if that's what you want, go ahead." I then paused and said "Never mind." My point is that this franchise sucks.

Awful. Can’t support that, really. That’s delusional, fitting, and somehow perfectly within the zeitgeist.

Bravo to him (sarcasm there) and good riddance when he leaves.

Justin Fields could probably be had for a third. Do it.

Legitimately dangerous offense with Hall, Wilson, & Fields. I’d love to see it.

Sorry, bro, but Fields is terrible. His EPA/att over three years is almost the all-time low for a quarterback selected in the first round in a similar time farme. His company consists of Zach Wilson, Joey Harrington, Sam Darnold, and other awful first-round busts.

I'd still take him today upon hearing the news.

Legitimately dangerous offense with Hall, Wilson, & Fields. I’d love to see it.

Sorry, bro, but Fields is terrible. His EPA/att over three years is almost the all-time low for a quarterback selected in the first round in a similar time farme. His company consists of Zach Wilson, Joey Harrington, Sam Darnold, and other awful first-round busts.

I'd still take him today upon hearing the news.
I’d like to see him in a new circumstance to truly make that evaluation.

Jets OL is better, the offense would theoretically run through Hall, taking some pressure off of Fields, and they have weapons for him.

If any player needed a change of scenery to succeed it’s Fields.

Its difficult to separate the person from the player/entertainer. I decided a long time ago that there has to be a sort of wall. I love Pink Floyd for example - Im not going to deprive myself of listening to them because Roger Waters has crazy views.

The Sandy hook conspiracy theory - assuming he said it - which Im not sure is confirmed as of yet - is reprehensible but just another spoke in the wheel of his crazy stuff. UFOs, anti-vax, drug induced cabin stays - the guy is out there - I was happy when my Nets traded Kyrie after spewing some serious nonsense as well - However I dont think he is going anywhere and will still cheer and pray he leads the Jets to the Super Bowl. That being said I really hope he comes out and denounces that story but not holding my breath. Keep in mind the Jets owner is big time political as well - I seriously doubt anything comes of this.

As for Mosley - its not the restructure we all feared - his contract has been kicked down the line for years. This is way better- went from a $21M cap hit to $8.5 with the same amount of dead cap $ for next year if they move on. Opens up $12M - hopefully for one more OT and WR.

Its difficult to separate the person from the player/entertainer. I decided a long time ago that there has to be a sort of wall. I love Pink Floyd for example - Im not going to deprive myself of listening to them because Roger Waters has crazy views.

The Sandy hook conspiracy theory - assuming he said it - which Im not sure is confirmed as of yet - is reprehensible but just another spoke in the wheel of his crazy stuff. UFOs, anti-vax, drug induced cabin stays - the guy is out there - I was happy when my Nets traded Kyrie after spewing some serious nonsense as well - However I dont think he is going anywhere and will still cheer and pray he leads the Jets to the Super Bowl. That being said I really hope he comes out and denounces that story but not holding my breath. Keep in mind the Jets owner is big time political as well - I seriously doubt anything comes of this.

As for Mosley - its not the restructure we all feared - his contract has been kicked down the line for years. This is way better- went from a $21M cap hit to $8.5 with the same amount of dead cap $ for next year if they move on. Opens up $12M - hopefully for one more OT and WR.

Certainly respect your opinion and I'm definitely not trying to turn this into a political debate (not allowed on this forum and not something I've ever enjoyed anyway)

Totally agree that in many cases, you just have to accept that you're rooting for laundry worn by some not-so-great people. Everyone has to draw their personal line somewhere.

This particular issue/event is where I draw mine. I wasn't personally impacted and dont even have kids, but Sandy Hook affected me in a significant way. (more so than pretty much any other news event in my lifetime other than probably 9/11). Claiming it didnt happen (let alone expressing those views in public) is DISGUSTING and I cant enjoy myself rooting for a team lead by someone like that.

Not judging anyone who feels differently...but I'm done rooting for this team if Rodgers is the QB. (because I dont believe CNN is lying about this, even though they're far from perfect)

Last edited:
The politics forum is gone (

Certainly respect your opinion and I'm definitely not trying to turn this into a political debate (not allowed on this forum and not something I've ever enjoyed anyway)

Totally agree that in many cases, you just have to accept that you're rooting for laundry worn by some not-so-great people. Everyone has to draw their personal line somewhere.

This particular issue/event is where I draw mine. I wasn't personally affected and dont even have kids, but Sandy Hook affected me in a significant way. (more so than pretty much any other news event in my lifetime other than probably 9/11). Claiming it didnt happen (let alone expressing those views in public) is DISGUSTING and I cant enjoy myself rooting for a team lead by someone like that.

Not judging anyone who feels differently...but I'm done rooting for this team if Rodgers is the QB.
I dont think its a political debate - though I did enjoy lurking on the political forums back in the day lol - and certainly respect your opinion and share in the horror of Sandy Hook. My comments in no way support Rodgers IF he did in fact spout this nonsense.

The debate is really where to draw the line - did Steeler fans stop cheering after the Ben allegations? Kobe is still a universally beloved person before and after his passing. Michael Vick was cheered. Kyrie Irving got a monster contract after doubling down on anti-vax and anti-semitic views and he gets cheered nightly.

Its a tough line and its for each individual to choose where it is. I certainly respect anyone who decides that its enough on something like this - the line is different for everyone. I guess as I get older I just tune out things more and accept that some people are just out there.

Even though I personally disagree with just about all of his non-football opinions, we do have that have freedom of speech to allow Rodgers to voice his opinions however dumb or offensive they may be (albeit with repercussions).

It just irks me that he talked about eliminating the bs, but is hypocritical enough to continue spewing bs.

It further irks me that this sideshow organization led by King Dummy himself, Woody, continues to be a joke and probably always will with him in charge. Woody is probably too obtuse to realize how much he is hated by his fanbase or how much of the fault for our failures is his.

Even though I personally disagree with just about all of his non-football opinions, we do have that have freedom of speech to allow Rodgers to voice his opinions however dumb or offensive they may be (albeit with repercussions).

It just irks me that he talked about eliminating the bs, but is hypocritical enough to continue spewing bs.

It further irks me that this sideshow organization led by King Dummy himself, Woody, continues to be a joke and probably always will with him in charge. Woody is probably too obtuse to realize how much he is hated by his fanbase or how much of the fault for our failures is his.
It is ridiculous how he made that comment and then does all this stupid stuff. come on man

Woody could care less. hes a trust fund baby who never earned his fortune, he left his team to take a stupid waste of time political position overseas and has been quoted that he'd rather win an election than the super bowl. While i dont think he is the worst owner in the league - i am confident he could care less about how he is perceived....i mean just watch those cringe phone calls to draft picks.

Rodgers denied it completely - so thats good. Who knows the truth but at least he said the right things as to it.

Now deny the stupid VP stuff and lets sign a WR for him to throw to....

Rodgers denied it completely - so thats good. Who knows the truth but at least he said the right things as to it.

What else could he say? But anyway, real football news:

Corey Davis filed for reinstatement from retirement. The Jets will release him. It's possible that they re-work a contract.

At least he had the decency to deny it.

I dont think I believe him (because I dont think the named reporter at CNN has any reason to lie. Why open yourself up to a MASSIVE libel suit just to derail some 3rd party candidate who isn't going to move the needle anyway?)

But that's obviously a me problem.

Can we bring back a humbled becton on a cheap deal to learn from Tyron and provide the depth we know we're inevitably going to need?

This also feels like we're going to be in a position to take Bowers/Nabers/Rome at 10 now as more of the "win now" pick than a T that likely won't contribute much this season.

Jets hosting Mike Williams next week. Not a bad move if we can get him cheap, but may be just be a more proven Lazard coming off an ACL. Would rather get Tyler Boyd myself.

Can we bring back a humbled becton on a cheap deal to learn from Tyron and provide the depth we know we're inevitably going to need?

This also feels like we're going to be in a position to take Bowers/Nabers/Rome at 10 now as more of the "win now" pick than a T that likely won't contribute much this season.

The Jets and Becton hate each other. Plus he sucks.

Tyrod Taylor deal was
Tyrod: He can make up to $18m over 2 years. That's with incentives. Probably closer to $6m/year. Maybe with a Jets tax it's $7m/ yr.

A Jets insider says that we are not on Tyron Smith and that Ridley is too pricey for JD even though he likes him. Says he's hearing that Bakhtiari is likely.

Basically he says that JD has his price and that agents are telling him that it will cost more to sign with the Jets because other teams have higher upside. Then agents take the Jets offer and tell their preferred team to beat the offer or at least match it.

Bam. Taylor is getting $6m per year. $8.5 m guaranteed. Some bogus years thrown in. 2024 cap hit of $2.8 m. 2025 cap hit of $6.8m. $2.4m dead cap hit of 2026.

Smith is an awesome signing! If they can somehow add Rodgers buddy for a vet min deal to round out the OL and add a #2 WR I dont know how JD couldnt have done better overall.

While Fields trade shows they will likely wind up cutting Zach - what an awful 1st rd QB draft class in 2021. Only Trevor survives but he hasnt even been close to as advertised.

Wilson - #2 overall pick likely cut

Trey Lance #3 overall traded for a 4th - barely played and got the best return lol

Fields - #11 overall pick - traded for 6th 2025

M Jones - #15 overall pick traded for 6th rder

thats a bloodbath - so hard to draft a rookie QB - maybe vet route is the way to go.

thats a bloodbath - so hard to draft a rookie QB - maybe vet route is the way to go.
Happy with Tyrod Taylor as the backup. As far as backups go in the NFL, you can do a lot, lot worse.

As for #2 WR, I’m jonesing for them to get Tyler Boyd and then find another one in a deep rookie WR class.

As for #2 WR, I’m jonesing for them to get Tyler Boyd and then find another one in a deep rookie WR class.

I honestly don't agree. Tyler Boyd is not a great receiver. He doesn't get separation even out of the slot and he doesn't seem to have great hands—this is all according to scouts and may not be accurate, but that's what I'm generally hearing and have believed prior to this. Better to get an outside receiver who can separate, but those are costly.

I honestly don't agree. Tyler Boyd is not a great receiver. He doesn't get separation even out of the slot and he doesn't seem to have great hands—this is all according to scouts and may not be accurate, but that's what I'm generally hearing and have believed prior to this. Better to get an outside receiver who can separate, but those are costly.
Yeah he’s no world beater but played well when he filled in as the #2 guy in the past. Granted that was a few years ago, so maybe he’s better suited as the slot guy. Not much out there as you say, and not sure Mike Williams has that outside separation ability at this point.

Tyron Smith’s contract with the #Jets: 1-year deal worth $6.5M (all guaranteed).

Incentives:
- ⁠Pro Bowl: $500K
- ⁠$250K for each Jets' playoff win. ($1M max)

Rolling incentives:
- 38% snaps: $750K
- ⁠44% snaps: another $1M
- ⁠50% snaps: another $1M
- ⁠56% snaps: another $1M
- ⁠62% snaps: another $1M
- ⁠68% snaps: another $1M
- ⁠74% snaps: another $1.25M
- ⁠80% snaps: another $1.25M
- ⁠86% snaps: another $1.25M
- ⁠92% snaps: another $1.25M
- ⁠98% snaps: another $1.25M

MAX VALUE: 1-year, $20M
Well, can't be mad at that deal for the Jets.

Users who are viewing this thread