What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (11 Viewers)

A couple of Jets came out today and said Hardman had a terrible work ethic and got beat out by undrafted FAs. They also said to be wary of disgruntled employees sharing their opinions. They insinuated that Hardman shared the Jets game plan against Philly with former Georgia players on the Eagles. Anyway, good riddance.

JD had a news conference and basically said nothing. Huff will not be franchised. WIlson was given permission to seek out a trade partner. Oh, he likes the culture of the team.

More importantly, my Rodgers jerseys and Jets shirt still lay in a pile in original wrapping.

WIlson was given permission to seek out a trade partner.

You scared the **** out of me. I thought you meant Garrett. Please, for the love of God, RAGE, put at least a "Z." next time you say Wilson and trade in the same sentence.

Come on man. I would be throwing a tirade if it was Garrett. Not sure how you can even confuse the two given the context of what has been happening with the team.

Z Wilson gets a 10 word almost mono-syllabic sentence. G Wilson would get paragraphs of anger.

Anyway, you won't have to worry about it soon enough.

So Huff is not going to get franchised - so either the market is lower than expected and the Jets have a shot to re-sign him or he walks for nothing. I think he's gone. McDonald better take that JJ yr 2 leap!

Sounds like Ulbrich sees the writing on the wall and wanted to jump ship to San Francisco (lateral move to be their DC.). Jets obviously said no.

Hard to blame the guy. Its a sinking ship and his stock can only go down. Another abject failure and everyone gets fired. Actually surprised he didn't get interviews this cycle.

Sounds like Ulbrich sees the writing on the wall and wanted to jump ship to San Francisco (lateral move to be their DC.). Jets obviously said no.

Hard to blame the guy. Its a sinking ship and his stock can only go down. Another abject failure and everyone gets fired. Actually surprised he didn't get interviews this cycle.
Hard to say how much of the defense is Saleh vs Ulrich - kind of like the KC Reid/EB situation. Gotta figure hes not long here anyway - either they make a run and he gets a lot of HC offers or they miss playoffs and everyone is gone.

Hard to say how much of the defense is Saleh vs Ulrich - kind of like the KC Reid/EB situation. Gotta figure hes not long here anyway - either they make a run and he gets a lot of HC offers or they miss playoffs and everyone is gone.
And we wonder why this won't be a FA destination this offseason.

Jets twitter already resigned to the fact that Huff will be gone the moment the tampering period starts. And they're probably right. And they're gonna get nothing for him (as they'll likely spend big $$ for either a WR or OL to cancel out the comp pick)

Just absolutely abysmal roster management. Should have traded him at the deadline once it became clear he was playing his way out of their price range. Brutal

Jets twitter already resigned to the fact that Huff will be gone the moment the tampering period starts. And they're probably right. And they're gonna get nothing for him (as they'll likely spend big $$ for either a WR or OL to cancel out the comp pick)

Just absolutely abysmal roster management. Should have traded him at the deadline once it became clear he was playing his way out of their price range. Brutal
The one chance they had to trade from a position of strength/depth to help out the rest of the gaping holes. Nah let's just sit on our hands, don't want to mess up the chemistry in the locker room.

Problem starts at the very top. Woody Johnson is not a good businessman. Never had been.
Agreed, he's terrible. I don't think he's ever actually been a businessman. He earned his money the old fashioned way - he inherited it. His great-grandfather started the company and his gradfather built it to be a huge company. His father wasn't a businessman either. He was fired by his father (Woody's grandfather) because he sucked so much at it. It's been a couple of generations since that family did much more than inherit money.

Pats getting a 6th rder for Mac jones doesnt bode well for a zach wilson trade - lowering expectations to anything as long as they dont have to cut him or eat salary - what a disaster

Problem starts at the very top. Woody Johnson is not a good businessman. Never had been.
Agreed, he's terrible. I don't think he's ever actually been a businessman. He earned his money the old fashioned way - he inherited it. His great-grandfather started the company and his gradfather built it to be a huge company. His father wasn't a businessman either. He was fired by his father (Woody's grandfather) because he sucked so much at it. It's been a couple of generations since that family did much more than inherit money.
I think Woody is as annoying as the next guy - I cringe every time they show him on those draft pick calls - but I really dont think hes the reason they are losing. They won with Rex while Woody was in charge. Sure hes a doofus but he spends $,rarely directly meddles (Tebow disaster aside) built a 1st class training facility - He just has picked the wrong people. If the Rangers and Knicks can turn it around with Dolan then no reason the Jets cant do it with Woody

There once was a time when I was the most optimistic poster in this forum. I was thinking today how I am like a ball of hate frustrated with this team.

So the Jets beat writers came out today and said don't expect the Jets to be big spenders in free agency. They won't overpay for any free agents.

No worries. We don't need to overpay. Everyone wants to play for Keith Carter, Hackett, Saleh, the amazing Metlife turf, and a long history of managerial malpractice.

JD apparently doesn't feel the heat. Wouldn't you somehow love to be this guy at your job?

So we're going to lose Huff. Malpractice! They don't play Lawson last year and push his cap hit into this year. They barely play McDonald. They could have signed Huff cheaply a year ago. They could have traded him at the deadline. Nope. We're going to lose Huff for nothing. Homegrown talent. The Eagles and other teams are frothing at the mouth to sign this young pass-rushing stud that we're going to let out the door.

They won't spend big because apparently it didn't go well in the past (Lazard, Lawson, Tomlinson, etc), but whose fault was that? Yes, the Faty Guy that signed them. We need 3 guys on the o-line and 2 more Wrs. How do these clowns expect to want anyone to play here and not get paid top of the market? Let's not forget that our co-MVPS (Greg the Leg and Moorstead) are free agents.

We should have cleaned house with JD and the coaching staff. Hell, half the coaching staff scurried like rats on a sinking ship. Even our defensive coordinator (who won't change his scheme to cover an opponent's only weapon) wanted out.

I just have no faith in this coaching staff, GM, and owner. We're just giving them another year to eff things up even more. This free agency period has the potential to make us get pitchforks and march on to the Jets facility. I hope not, but I have almost no hope.

Sorry, I had to get that out before Free Agency tomorrow.

Yup, can already see where this is going. I bet they re-sign both kickers.(good thing) They'll spend money on a mediocre rotational d lineman and will get two 2nd tier olinemen. No idea what WR they end up with. Don't hate a 4th rounder for Courtland Sutton. I think he's very talented and a good compliment to Wilson.

If they sign MVS or any other a-rod lackeys I'm gonna be depressed

There once was a time when I was the most optimistic poster in this forum. I was thinking today how I am like a ball of hate frustrated with this team.

So the Jets beat writers came out today and said don't expect the Jets to be big spenders in free agency. They won't overpay for any free agents.

No worries. We don't need to overpay. Everyone wants to play for Keith Carter, Hackett, Saleh, the amazing Metlife turf, and a long history of managerial malpractice.

JD apparently doesn't feel the heat. Wouldn't you somehow love to be this guy at your job?

So we're going to lose Huff. Malpractice! They don't play Lawson last year and push his cap hit into this year. They barely play McDonald. They could have signed Huff cheaply a year ago. They could have traded him at the deadline. Nope. We're going to lose Huff for nothing. Homegrown talent. The Eagles and other teams are frothing at the mouth to sign this young pass-rushing stud that we're going to let out the door.

They won't spend big because apparently it didn't go well in the past (Lazard, Lawson, Tomlinson, etc), but whose fault was that? Yes, the Faty Guy that signed them. We need 3 guys on the o-line and 2 more Wrs. How do these clowns expect to want anyone to play here and not get paid top of the market? Let's not forget that our co-MVPS (Greg the Leg and Moorstead) are free agents.

We should have cleaned house with JD and the coaching staff. Hell, half the coaching staff scurried like rats on a sinking ship. Even our defensive coordinator (who won't change his scheme to cover an opponent's only weapon) wanted out.

I just have no faith in this coaching staff, GM, and owner. We're just giving them another year to eff things up even more. This free agency period has the potential to make us get pitchforks and march on to the Jets facility. I hope not, but I have almost no hope.

everything you posted is probably correct - but the team sold its soul for Rodgers and I cant go crazy for letting them play it out. If mediocre next year - even in Rodgers gets hurt - everyone is gone. If they make the playoffs I think theyll go for it one more year. Very rare to be so protected despite losing so much but here we are - only thing we can do is hope angry Aaron comes back with MVP form and lifts everyone around him. Longshot but not impossible

Z was most of the O last year - no brainer to sign him - punter on Wed most likely. Hoping some OL help comes in early but not holding my breath. JD usually is a day 2 or 3 FA buyer even when he has money to spend.

everything you posted is probably correct - but the team sold its soul for Rodgers and I cant go crazy for letting them play it out. If mediocre next year - even in Rodgers gets hurt - everyone is gone. If they make the playoffs I think theyll go for it one more year. Very rare to be so protected despite losing so much but here we are - only thing we can do is hope angry Aaron comes back with MVP form and lifts everyone around him. Longshot but not impossible
You're right, but it's still frustrating.

I keep seeing dopes like Leberfeld say things like it's best if the Jets avoid free agency on day 1 because those free agents were pricey and didn't work. Somehow JD escapes responsibility for signing the wrong players. It's as if he has Teflon.

Only 17M. EASILY could have it work if they didn't carry forward the uzamoh and Lawson money into this year.

Malpractice

This franchise is a freaking embarrassment. The last line of Cimini's tweet: Looking at the depth chart, the Jets could use an edge rusher now. lol. Only the Jets

The mismanagement and constantly effin idiocy is making it hard (for me, personally) to even root for this to happen at this point.

JD's in his rare press conferences: "We believe in building our team through the draft and from developing home grown talent"

Then lets a young stud pass rusher out the door.

tough to lose Huff without even a late rd pick - and they wont get a comp pick unless they dont sign any decent FAs...which may happen!

Jets sites all in a tizzy about the lack of moves - this is JDs calling card. Day 2 or 3. Even when his job is on the line

All of a sudden the Fields market is drying up - hes looking at backup gigs at this point and a mid rd pick....how bout a Zach and a 4th for Fields deal lol - amazing how bad all those 1st rd QBs ended up except Trevor

Nearly all the good o-linemen are off the board.

Its gonna be Baktiari (assuming he actually makes it through training camp), whoever they draft at 10 at RT and someone I've never heard of playing guard on opening day. With no decent depth.

Swell.

Its gonna be Baktiari (assuming he actually makes it through training camp), whoever they draft at 10 at RT and someone I've never heard of playing guard on opening day. With no decent depth.

Swell.
It's Becton selfie season!!

Swell.

Fast forward to "How did JD go into the season with an injury prone LT and no back-ups"? Then cue the song "I got you babe". Groundhog day strikes again.

Twitter seems mixed on Simpson. He was objectively bad with the Raiders and easily the worst player on a really good line in Baltimore (so was he propped up?). Also 2nd in the league in penalties last year (among guards)

Guess this is what what happens when you're bargain shopping.

Taylor solid choice as backup qb. Kinlaw fits the pattern for their depth d line signings

Twitter seems mixed on Simpson. He was objectively bad with the Raiders and easily the worst player on a really good line in Baltimore (so was he propped up?). Also 2nd in the league in penalties last year (among guards)

Taylor solid choice as backup qb. Kinlaw fits the pattern for their depth d line signings
I don't know what he did with the Raiders, but I watched him a lot last season and he was perfectly fine. He was on a line with 4 past or present Pro Bowlers, so being the "worst" doesn't necessarily mean much. I read that he graded out as 21st among Gs last season, which - check my math - put him in the top third at his position.

I don't know what he did with the Raiders, but I watched him a lot last season and he was perfectly fine. He was on a line with 4 past or present Pro Bowlers, so being the "worst" doesn't necessarily mean much. I read that he graded out as 21st among Gs last season, which - check my math - put him in the top third at his position.
Appreciate the feedback

Tyrod Taylor to the Jets. 2 years/$18m.

He loves that MetLife turf.
I'm good with this. Not a guy you want to depend on, but at least he's credible and can manage the offense if need be. Probably should have been remained the starter last year over Cutlets, but Giants brass needed to see what they had in the kid.

Tyrod is a solid backup - pricey but thats the going rate for a good backup

Simpson - meh - probably a small upgrade but im not a fan of signing the worst guy on a good OL - especially a penalty prone one at $9Myr

Kinlaw is a good signing - 1 yr - likely cheap - reminds me of the Solomon pickup. Solid depth/rotational piece

Next dominos have to be OT and WR - there are still quality ones out there. Hope the waiting drops the prices a bit.

Would love - Ridley and Jonah Williams

Preparing for: OBJ and Bakhtiari

Tyrod: He can make up to $18m over 2 years. That's with incentives. Probably closer to $6m/year. Maybe with a Jets tax it's $7m/ yr.

A Jets insider says that we are not on Tyron Smith and that Ridley is too pricey for JD even though he likes him. Says he's hearing that Bakhtiari is likely.

Basically he says that JD has his price and that agents are telling him that it will cost more to sign with the Jets because other teams have higher upside. Then agents take the Jets offer and tell their preferred team to beat the offer or at least match it.

Aaron Rodgers at “top of list” to be running mate with Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.

Kennedy told the Times that he has been talking “pretty continuously” to Rodgers over the past month. A representative for Rodgers did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Times. The Jets did not immediately respond to a request for comment from the Times, either.

Kennedy is expected to name his running mate in the coming weeks.

It’s hard to imagine Rodgers balancing running for Vice President with, you know, his job. He’s the starting quarterback of the Jets. Football season starts in September. The election is on November 5. It’s hard to fit projects like running for the second-highest office in the land in with preparing to face the Bills on Thursday Night Football.

The mere fact that he’s even in consideration flies in the face of what Rodgers said during his end-of-season press conference, about distractions.

Plans for Tyrod to start the first few weeks of the season until after the election, maybe?

Gave kinlaw 7m guaranteed. This is the jarred davis signing all over again

Unbelievable. How on earth did this guy deserve $7m? That's 2 d-line signings vs 1 on the o-line so far for anyone keeping count.

Rodgers and this VP thing is so on-brand. At this point, it would be hilarious (in not a good way) if he left to run for a failing VP run and Woody was forced to keep all his loser coaches and GM. Maybe that's why Fatso is refusing to spend money on the offense and is actually scouting all the QBs.

I forgot to mention:

Rodgers: "The bs that has nothing to do with winning, needs to get out of the building."

Immediately after: Accuses Kimmel of being on the Epstein list. Talks all kinds of conspiracies on multiple podcasts. May be running for VP. Lol, you can't make this up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread