What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (14 Viewers)

It's good to see JD bounce back after embarassing himself last year. Obviously still need high-end o-line, but I would like to see JD add a good develpmental QB. I think a playoff berth in 2024 is a realistic expectation with Rodgers and even Taylor but they need to think about the long term too. If they lose both vets, which is most likely going to happen within the next 2 years, there's still a good team there so it would be a shame to lose that by not having a long term QB plan.

Any chance the Jets take a QB with that first pick? They seemingly have put together a solid team but counting on a 40 year man coming off an Achilles injury seems to be optimistic.

Opportunity totally wasted. Per Pro Football Focus's Timo Riske

Since 2019 (when we started charting every route coverage), there are two teams who held opposing wide receivers to fewer than one yard per route run when covering them with a CB.The 2022 Jets and the 2023 Jets.

League-wide, when a WR is covered by:

a CB: 1.53 yards per route run
a safety: 1.83 yards per route run
a LB: 2.27 yards per route run

Opportunity totally wasted. Per Pro Football Focus's Timo Riske

Since 2019 (when we started charting every route coverage), there are two teams who held opposing wide receivers to fewer than one yard per route run when covering them with a CB.The 2022 Jets and the 2023 Jets.

League-wide, when a WR is covered by:

a CB: 1.53 yards per route run
a safety: 1.83 yards per route run
a LB: 2.27 yards per route run
Not sure if I should be excited about this stat or cry for what could have been. Maybe both.

JD threading the needle with his back against the wall, seems like he should have been acting this way last year, but better late then never I suppose. Lots of flexibility coming into the draft, should be an exciting draft night. He's gonna hand over a playoff caliber roster to Salah, but I think regardless, they are attached at the hip, playoffs or bust for both of them probably.

Some chatter over the weekend that Jets have offers for Zach but are holding out for better - then Woody opens his mouth and says if they dont trade him they'll keep Zach. Certainly sounds like Jets PR posts ruined by loudmouth Woody. If they had any offer for him he'd be gone already

Some chatter over the weekend that Jets have offers for Zach but are holding out for better - then Woody opens his mouth and says if they dont trade him they'll keep Zach. Certainly sounds like Jets PR posts ruined by loudmouth Woody. If they had any offer for him he'd be gone already
Those Woody comments seem like CYA for the Zach pick in case no one wants him at any price. I'm sure he'd rather just retain him as QB3 rather than outright cut him.

Those Woody comments seem like CYA for the Zach pick in case no one wants him at any price. I'm sure he'd rather just retain him as QB3 rather than outright cut him.
They are out the money regardless so I suppose why not - Zach can complain all he wants but its his own fault he has no value.

Oh yeah, lots of offers. Desperately trying to drum one up. If they got an offer, it's this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnmIoF_2Q4Y

Colleen Wolfe is reporting that a source told her that Woody and Saleh got into a heated argument at the Owner's Meeting. Apparently it got awkward since it was in front of everyone.

John Frascella (Football)
BREAKING:

Jets owner Woody Johnson & head coach Robert Saleh got into a ‘heated’ argument at the NFL owners meetings, per Colleen Wolfe of NFL Media.

My personal source tells me Woody Johnson is sick & tired of Saleh’s one-sided conversations, solely about Defense.

Johnson wants Saleh to become a more well-rounded head coach, not simply a glorified Defensive Coordinator.

Johnson is thinking Offense at the No. 10 pick in the NFL Draft, while Saleh is inquiring about adding to his pass rush without Bryce Huff.

Just another day in Jet Land.

BREAKING:

Jets owner Woody Johnson & head coach Robert Saleh got into a ‘heated’ argument at the NFL owners meetings, per Colleen Wolfe of NFL Media.

My personal source tells me Woody Johnson is sick & tired of Saleh’s one-sided conversations, solely about Defense.

Johnson wants Saleh to become a more well-rounded head coach, not simply a glorified Defensive Coordinator.

Johnson is thinking Offense at the No. 10 pick in the NFL Draft, while Saleh is inquiring about adding to his pass rush without Bryce Huff.

If they seriously take a defensive player…

woody was literally saying offense offense offense....i know its obvious but im sure JD/Saleh would like a little mystery to manipulate the draft. Woody has been way too vocal lately

BREAKING:

If they seriously take a defensive player…
Honestly, I'd rather see them go defense than take, say, Brock Bowers if he's there. Keep the defense humming and build depth, or if you're going offense, build the line. TE is an unnecessary need and just a luxury pick.

I mean....in a vacuum its obviously a good trade. 3 drafts from now...who really cares about a 3rd rounder (2nd would hurt, but whatever)

Just weird that they basically swapped Huff for Reddick (Who they'll have to re-sign anyway. And he's 4 years older) and have to give Philly a draft pick. (although they can obviously re-coup a pick if he leaves via free agency next off-season)

But the team is certainly better than they were an hour ago, and they gave up a draft pick outside the likely Rodgers window....so hard to knock the move.

I mean....in a vacuum its obviously a good trade. 3 drafts from now...who really cares about a 3rd rounder (2nd would hurt, but whatever)

Just weird that they basically swapped Huff for Reddick (Who they'll have to re-sign anyway. And he's 4 years older) and have to give Philly a draft pick. (although they can obviously re-coup a pick if he leaves via free agency next off-season)

But the team is certainly better than they were an hour ago, and they gave up a draft pick outside the likely Rodgers window....so hard to knock the move.
obviously we need to see the new contract which I think will be less than Huff - but I think its clear that JD felt that Huff was a rotational player/product of the system. Reddick is a proven 3 down player - with the rotation theres a good chance it will be a 3rd so why not! Goin all in for this year!!!

It's certainly an interesting trade. If you are going for it with Rodgers, then this makes complete sense. Wow. Let's see how the year works out.

Jets traded with Philly for H Reddick. Future 3rd or second round pick (2026). Good trade.
Is he much better than Huff though, who they could have re-signed cheaper and without giving up a draft pick?

Who knows, but who cares (Reddick is probably a better all around player although Huff might be a better pass rusher given the opportunity). More importantly, we have a pass rusher again and even more importantly, this "should" remove any temptation to go defense with #10.

obviously we need to see the new contract which I think will be less than Huff - but I think its clear that JD felt that Huff was a rotational player/product of the system. Reddick is a proven 3 down player - with the rotation theres a good chance it will be a 3rd so why not! Goin all in for this year!!!

Stats from last season. It's a strange trade for the Jets. Why trade for an older guy that is seeking a $25M per year contract when you had a younger version of the guy who you could have had for cheaper? If you were looking for a 3 down DE, they should have just went after Hunter. Reddick plays 3 downs, but he wasn't really effective at it. This seems like a lateral move on the field that could hurt a bit down the line.

Bryce Huff
Sacks: 10.0
Solo: 19
Ast: 10
TFL: 10
QBhits: 21
PD: 1
Snaps: 480

Haason Reddick
Sacks: 11.0
Solo: 29
Ast: 9
TFL: 13
QBhits: 23
Snaps: 862

Stats from last season. It's a strange trade for the Jets. Why trade for an older guy that is seeking a $25M per year contract when you had a younger version of the guy who you could have had for cheaper? If you were looking for a 3 down DE, they should have just went after Hunter. Reddick plays 3 downs, but he wasn't really effective at it. This seems like a lateral move on the field that could hurt a bit down the line.

Bryce Huff

Haason Reddick
my take is Saleh believes Huff is a product of the system and Reddick is a much better player. Also Huff never bought into Saleh's rotation and complained about wanting full time snaps. I think Reddick isnt as concerned about it. I also doubt the Jets give him a $25M contract - this is a one year all in deal unless they can find some middle ground.

Bryce Huff

Haason Reddick
my take is Saleh believes Huff is a product of the system and Reddick is a much better player. Also Huff never bought into Saleh's rotation and complained about wanting full time snaps. I think Reddick isnt as concerned about it. I also doubt the Jets give him a $25M contract - this is a one year all in deal unless they can find some middle ground.

Why do you think Reddick wouldn't be concerned about not getting full time snaps in a contract year? He's looking for probably his last big payday.

Bryce Huff

Haason Reddick

Why do you think Reddick wouldn't be concerned about not getting full time snaps in a contract year? He's looking for probably his last big payday.
again speculating but first of all its clear hes not going to get a contract with Philly so at least he has a chance of getting a payday with the Jets. 2d he will be playing next to a beast in Q which should open him up to a monster season. lastly - he was traded so not sure he had much of a say. im expecting him to be a pro and ball out this year and get a payday whether with the jets or someone else

Bryce Huff

Haason Reddick

again speculating but first of all its clear hes not going to get a contract with Philly so at least he has a chance of getting a payday with the Jets. 2d he will be playing next to a beast in Q which should open him up to a monster season. lastly - he was traded so not sure he had much of a say. im expecting him to be a pro and ball out this year and get a payday whether with the jets or someone else

He didn't get a contract in Philly because he was asking for too much.

The fact that he'll be playing with Williams is irrelevant. He was playing with stud DTs in Philly too.

I don't know how NY is planning on using Reddick, but if they use him on only 50% of the snaps in a rotation, his numbers are going to plummet. This is why the Eagles were dumb for setting the draft pick conditions on 67.5% of the snaps AND 10 sacks. I would have made that AND an OR.

Bryce Huff

Haason Reddick

The fact that he'll be playing with Williams is irrelevant. He was playing with stud DTs in Philly too.

I don't know how NY is planning on using Reddick, but if they use him on only 50% of the snaps in a rotation, his numbers are going to plummet. This is why the Eagles were dumb for setting the draft pick conditions on 67.5% of the snaps AND 10 sacks. I would have made that AND an OR.
sounds like you know more than me as to him then - Im merely speculating. Regardless for a likely 3rd in 2026 I think its a good deal for the Jets. Both teams for their own reasons like the players they recd more than they gave up. At the very least both teams recd very good players so its really a win/win

Bryce Huff

Haason Reddick

sounds like you know more than me as to him then - Im merely speculating. Regardless for a likely 3rd in 2026 I think its a good deal for the Jets. Both teams for their own reasons like the players they recd more than they gave up. At the very least both teams recd very good players so its really a win/win

He's a local guy, grew up across the bridge in Camden, then played at my alma mater, Temple. I've watched him play a lot. Only giving up a conditional 3rd is worth the risk he walks since you'll get a comp pick back when he does. The Eagles are banking on Reddick continuing to play at the level (and snap %) he played at in Philly and Rodgers not being with the Jets (or not playing well after his injury) in 2025 making the pick a high 2nd. Of course, Philly could just be loading up picks to make a trade (rumors had them trying to get Surtain from Denver).

So where are you guys leaning on that 10th overall pick?

Trade back?

O-line?

WR if any are there

Trade up?

Bowers

Other

If in the unlikely event Alt is there, he would have to be the pick. If one of the top 3 WRs are there, that would be my second option.

Trade back would be my third choice (and take a lineman/WR combo with our first 2 picks).

I won't cry if get Bowers, but I doubt our dummy OC can use him properly.

Trade up is my least favorite option. We are already short on draft capital. If we landed Alt or Nabors/Odunze, I wouldn't cry about it though.

I am surprised someone at the Jets don't have a talk with Rodgers and how he handles the media.. Today he was on TV saying how the Gov developed AIDS..

He is getting crazier and crazier when he starts talking about politics at his pressers, which is why I am shocked NYJ don't tell him too chill.

Would love a trade back a few spots, but that will definitely seem to rely on how the draft breaks.. wouldn't mind all Offense for the first 4 picks that's for sure... wouldn't mind a trade up for one of the WR's either if the price is right...

I was driving around yesterday and found myself enjoying a michael jackson song.

It made me think "huh....if I can enjoy this piece of art from a child molester, maybe I can enjoy a Jets team lead by a sandy hook conspiracy theorist. I mean....rodgers just THINKS evil things. MJ DID them"

Then I get home and see that he thinks the government created AIDS.

Dude sure isn't making it easy

He is getting crazier and crazier when he starts talking about politics at his pressers, which is why I am shocked NYJ don't tell him too chill.

Woody Johnson just made the max donation for he and his wife to a conspiracy peddler. 1.6 million dollars. What do you think he can say?

Rodgers is a beaut.

I am surprised someone at the Jets don't have a talk with Rodgers and how he handles the media.. Today he was on TV saying how the Gov developed AIDS..

Good luck telling Aaron Rodgers what he can and can’t say in these interviews on his own time.

It really is hard to root for this team.
I really want to root for them, but Rodgers makes it impossible. I find myself rooting against them now. I hope this is his last year so I can go back to liking the Jets.
its a slippery slope - im a nets fan and Kyrie was acting similar to Rodgers. They booted him and now are stuck in NBA irrelevance while Kyrie leads another team to the playoffs. Where is the line? With most teams employing a player or two who have criminal incidents much worse than Rodgers stupid theories - im choosing to ignore his verbal nonsense and just hope he puts together an MVP season to give my favorite team a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread