What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2023 New York Jets: Bye Bye (4 Viewers)

The ironic part of that last game was remembering how the Jets were in the drivers seat for drafting Lawrence, then won 2 games at the end of the season to drop to #2 in the draft.
It would have been so easy - if they just played James Morgan to evaluate him down the stretch they would have lost out - no tanking required. Instead they won 2 meaningless games and are stuck in QB purgatory for another decade. Jax was smart enough to do it and are rewarded

Joe Douglas nailed basically every move he had to make....except the most important one.

He's obviously going to survive because the last 2 drafts were great. (other than Zach) But Wilson is an all time Ryan Leaf/Jamarcus Russell level whiff and it puts everything else they've done right in jeopardy.

Will be interesting to see if they give the keys to White next summer or try to acquire someone else. They're obviously not going to pick high enough in the draft to get anyone, (and at this point, this regime can't afford to spend another year letting a rookie take his licks) so I'm guessing they go after a Brissett type. The ultimate LOLZ move would be paying Geno.

They're going to need to resign White. I believe he is a UFA.

Not super impressed with the Tomlinson signing. Feels like an overpayment. I get the attraction to bring him to a system he had familiarity with, but I just haven't been impressed. You could probably make an argument that Becton failing a drug test and issues with weight in college (reached 390 lbs at one point) should have dropped Becton on JD's board, but I get the attraction there given the size and strength. And not to mention, injuries definitely have sucked with him.

Wilson, to me, is super jittery in the pocket. Overthinks things. Indecisive. Slow processor of the game (at least at the NFL level). Makes the simple things difficult. Some of the misses are just head scratchers. It is a near crime in terms of risk management that Joe Douglas went into the 2021 season with the QB situation that they had. I get it, it wasn't like the team was going to compete. But to go into the year with Wilson as your starter (when in actuality, he needed to sit a year) and White (who you had no idea who he was at the time with zero starts under his belt) was a massive whiff. Maybe they had a crystal ball and knew White was serviceable, I don't know. In reality, they should have acquired a serviceable veteran (Flacco wasn't acquired until October) and sat Wilson for a year. I understand, teams don't like sitting highly drafted QBs. At least hedge your bet a bit instead of scrambling halfway through the year to get Joe Flacco. Screams of not planning ahead in case of disaster/things not going to plan.

Douglas had a fantastic 2022 draft. Knight as a UDFA has had some moments as well. Losing AVT and Hall really sucked. Feels like the OL has just gone to **** since AVT went down. Jets are really a QB away from competing, and who knows what the last two games would have looked like if White had played. Maybe they win one of those two. Maybe they win both. Maybe they lost both. I have no clue. It's a shame this season has gone the way it has after such a promising start. Lots to build on though.

At times, I sit back and imagine what this team would currently look like if they had lost to LAR and got Lawrence....

I think re-living the Lawrence thing is just bad for my mental health. I was upset at the time, and it's proven to be correct.

Scratch that, we were all upset at the time, and we were all correct about it. This is the football fan equivalent of some mighty fine anguish.

I think re-living the Lawrence thing is just bad for my mental health. I was upset at the time, and it's proven to be correct.

Scratch that, we were all upset at the time, and we were all correct about it. This is the football fan equivalent of some mighty fine anguish.
I just try to rationalize that had Trevor gone to the Jets, he wouldn’t be the same QB he’s becoming under Doug Pederson.

Ok - he’d still get there, but a guy can dream.

just try to rationalize that had Trevor gone to the Jets, he wouldn’t be the same QB he’s becoming under Doug Pederson.

Ok - he’d still get there, but a guy can dream
Yeah, landing spot always counts. The right combo of talent and coaching doesn't always happen.

At least the Jets won’t ruin Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. Enjoy everyone.

All I want for Christmas is good QB play in 2023. The only Jet QB draft picks that have ever worked for the Jets are Namath, O’Brien and Pennington- and the last two were very good - at best - never great. Two of the best QB seasons in team history came from 2 veteran journeymen that caught fire for one season. It’s sad and amazing.

Love the crazy overt he top Joe B rant - the Jets have pummeled him so much over the years that it has damaged him lol - gotta admit though I enjoy listening to it even though it is borderline insane ramblings....the bit about how the Jets have known White is a possible franchise QB since last year but hid him to play Wilson and now have doctors conspiring the last 2 weeks to not clear White so Wilson can play is epic!

Reactions: LBH
Love the crazy overt he top Joe B rant - the Jets have pummeled him so much over the years that it has damaged him lol - gotta admit though I enjoy listening to it even though it is borderline insane ramblings....the bit about how the Jets have known White is a possible franchise QB since last year but hid him to play Wilson and now have doctors conspiring the last 2 weeks to not clear White so Wilson can play is epic!
I don’t really hear sports radio ever anymore - since I stopped commuting, but he was great.
I don’t believe that rant because I also don’t believe Mike White is a franchise QB. Obviously hope I’m wrong if they do re-sign him.

Is White a "franchise QB"? Obviously that depends on how you define that.

Is White going to be a top 12-15 starter in the league? Almost certainly not. But if the team around him is good enough (and this group has that ability, IMO) a QB in the 15-22 range can take you on a deep run. And then the chips fall where they may.

In Flacco's super bowl year he threw for 3800 yards, 22 TD's, 10 picks and a completion % just under 60%. He got hot in the playoffs and threw 11 TD's (0 picks) for 285 yards a game and 58%. Could White do that in a short stretch with the right team around him? I actually think he could. Now....the league is different than it was 10 years ago. You need to score more. But that 2012 Baltimore team really just wasn't that talented.

Ray Rice, 32 year old Anquan Bolden. Pre-prime Torrey Smith. Only 2 pro-bowlers on D (and one of them was 34 year old Ed Reed). The Jets collection of skill players has WAY more upside than that group, IMO.

Get league average QB play out of White, get everyone healthy. Add another piece to the O-line and 2 more pieces on D (an upgrade at one of the safety spots and a versatile sideline to sideline LB that can cover) and this team can absolutely be in the mix a year from now.

Last edited:
I’m just not sure Mike White wouldn’t be exposed the more starts he gets. I wouldn’t be upset if he gets resigned for a reasonable contract during the offseason, but I also wouldn’t mind if they looked to upgrade if possible. I’m not sure who that is, Jimmy G? Will he even be available?

The players like White, but if some one else can be even better, they’d learn to like him.

White wasn’t exactly winning games this season and he has limitations with his arm. He could also grow more with the offense as well - it will be an interesting off-season for sure. I think the only thing we all know for sure is that Zach is gone now.

I’m just not sure Mike White wouldn’t be exposed the more starts he gets. I wouldn’t be upset if he gets resigned for a reasonable contract during the offseason, but I also wouldn’t mind if they looked to upgrade if possible. I’m not sure who that is, Jimmy G? Will he even be available?

The players like White, but if some one else can be even better, they’d learn to like him.

White wasn’t exactly winning games this season and he has limitations with his arm. He could also grow more with the offense as well - it will be an interesting off-season for sure. I think the only thing we all know for sure is that Zach is gone now.
I dont think White would command a big deal - thinking $7-8M yr for 2 yrs - I kind of like the idea of bringing in some competition and let them battle it out - Minshew or Jimmy G shouldnt command big bucks either...all could be long term solutions as well as they are not too old.....very doubtful this regime takes another crack at a QB early in the draft

I love his rants

Miami losing to GB HUGE for the Jets.
Same exact thing I was thinking. They pretty much control their own destiny if everything else holds, probability-wise.
From all Ive read they need to win out and Pats drop 1 of last 2.....bottom line is they need to sweep the last 2 which are winnable games if they want to be considered a playoff team. Most Jet fans were hoping that last game in Miami would mean something and now it could be - Seattle is not an easy place to play and you just know Geno will be licking his chops to crush his former team's playoff hopes.

Huge ramifications for the next 2 games - not only winning season and playoff spot on the line but literally the starting QB spot for 2023. If White looks solid and sweeps the last 2 he's the clear starter going into 2023...if he gets hurt again then hes injury prone and cant be trusted - if he implodes then all options on the table.

Huge ramifications for the next 2 games - not only winning season and playoff spot on the line but literally the starting QB spot for 2023. If White looks solid and sweeps the last 2 he's the clear starter going into 2023...if he gets hurt again then hes injury prone and cant be trusted - if he implodes then all options on the table.
There’s also the possibility that if he plays really well, as an UFA he may draw the interest of other teams. And with a lot of teams probably looking to upgrade their QB position, no doubt there would be several teams interested in an accurate, highly coachable guy that generally makes good decisions. May come down to economics, as it often does.

Yeah, Douglas and the staff are going to have a lot of VERY interesting decisions to make this off-season....

- Obviously QB is the big one. If White plays well theses 2 games (and heaven forbid they make the playoffs) they're gonna have to give him a decent contract. No idea what that looks like, but it will be something they have to account for in the cap.

- Q will be paid top of the market DT money, as he should be.

- As of now, Carl Lawson is the top cap charge for 2023. If they cut him, they save nearly all of it ($15M of $15.3M). I would think they approach him with a re-structure to see if he's more effective year 2 post Achilles. He makes a play every once in a while, but he seems invisible most of the time. He's obviously not a $15M player. Not even close.

- Similar deal with Corey Davis. He's not an $11M WR. He'll need to restructure if he wants to stay. Whitehead as well. Not sure he's a $10M player and safety play has been the defense's weak spot.

- Bryce Huff is a RFA. He's one of the most efficient per-snap players in the entire league. I would imagine other teams will gamble on that upside. They're gonna have to pay him.

Then they have (by my count) 4 other starters entering free agency. McGovern, Fant (I think that's an easy decision) Quincy williams and Zuerlein.

Roster could change a LOT this Spring.

There’s also the possibility that if he plays really well, as an UFA he may draw the interest of other teams. And with a lot of teams probably looking to upgrade their QB position, no doubt there would be several teams interested in an accurate, highly coachable guy that generally makes good decisions. May come down to economics, as it often does.
If he plays that well that other teams are throwing decent contract numbers at him it verifies that they have to lock him up - they cant let a popular player the team rallied around walk over $. They have enough in cap space next year even if he commands mid tier QB $ which is around $20M

If he plays that well that other teams are throwing decent contract numbers at him it verifies that they have to lock him up - they cant let a popular player the team rallied around walk over $. They have enough in cap space next year even if he commands mid tier QB $ which is around $20M
Agree with that - QB is probably the one position they need to shore up in the offseason. But they do have other needs to fill so it depends how high JD is willing to offer to top all other offers.

Re: White.....It would be interesting to see who MIGHT go after him. A lot of the league is already set at QB's and a lot of the teams that aren't are either A) in a position to draft someone high or B) probably dont have a good enough roster where a Mike White type makes a big difference.

The nightmare scenario is that New England decides to move on from Mac and goes after him. He does a lot of what Bill values in a QB.

Trying to be very positive going into tomorrow - however as a decades beaten down fan I can't help but think what would be more Jet like than having their playoff hopes smashed by Geno freaking Smith...almost too poetic! Of course going into Miami with a win and in scenario and losing to Teddy Bridgewater would be just as horrific. Let's see if they are truly no longer the same old Jets of past! Jump out to a quick lead tomorrow and win decisively!

Trying to be very positive going into tomorrow - however as a decades beaten down fan I can't help but think what would be more Jet like than having their playoff hopes smashed by Geno freaking Smith...almost too poetic! Of course going into Miami with a win and in scenario and losing to Teddy Bridgewater would be just as horrific. Let's see if they are truly no longer the same old Jets of past! Jump out to a quick lead tomorrow and win decisively!
The fact that we are playing a meaningful game after 12/31 is something. I think they can win these last two but it does line up comically well for a classic Jets collapse. The rejected QBs take their revenge.

Looks like Miami isn't gonna help us out. Still should be ok on that end though, as Buffalo should still have homefield in play against NE next week.

Gotta take care of business

Looks like Miami isn't gonna help us out. Still should be ok on that end though, as Buffalo should still have homefield in play against NE next week.

Gotta take care of business
KC needs to hold on though or else the Bills can clinch the #1 seed with a win tomorrow night. But yeah, Jets have to win first before we care about that stuff

I mean....this was a total collapse. No other way to spin it. This team was 6-3 and 7-4 and now they're gonna finish in LAST again.

You can't do much without passable QB play. Everyone understands that. But when you can't even scheme your way to a single TD 2 weeks in a row in the 2022-23 NFL(against 2 teams hovering around .500) , heads have to roll.

Douglas is probably safe (this draft saves him despite the QB and O-line situations). Saleh as well. IMO, LaFleur is the obvious scape goat on the staff. I dont think Saleh will fire him. They're best friends and they have the QB situation as an excuse. But he's on VERY thin ice. At the very least, they need to make sure that they bring an experienced play-caller onto the staff next year (As the QB coach, a consultant, whatever). Basically, if they start next year healthy with a better QB and a healthy Breece Hall and the offense isn't MUCH better....they have to be able to make a switch.

Despite what they added, there are still a lot of holes to fill.

QB, obviously
The entire line other than AVT should be targeted for upgrades. Obviously they cant rely on Becton and Tomlinson is uncuttable next year ($18M in dead money)
Both safeties
And then they're gonna need to re-evaulate their use of resources on the D-line once they're paying Q 25M+. Lawson and JFM will have to be restructured. Mosley is still making a lot of $$ but he'd have to be a post June 1 cut.

This staff better PRAY that they have a healthy Breece Hall 9 months from now. He covered up a LOT of their inadequacies and next year is playoffs or the unemployment line.

As for the draft, looks like they're gonna be in the 10-15 range. (I THINK). Tackle seems like the obvious spot, assuming there's a good one availalbe and they're gonna move AVT back to guard.

sigh....can't believe we're just looking forward to the draft again. this damn team.

Regarding White, I think you @TLEF316 said it in the game thread: hard to say whether his struggles today were due to his ongoing rib issue, the Seattle defense, or him just being the guy we thought he was before this year’s mini hot streak. In any event, it’s amazing how things change in just a few weeks. Much of Jets nation were thinking that we found our potential QB for 2023.

But at the end of the day maybe everyone got ahead of themselves and that White looked so good only because ZW was so dreadful. If the Jets re-sign White, he’s probably earned the right to compete for the job, but in no way shape or form can they rely on him as the guy.

Whichever direction JD and Saleh go with QB, they absolutely have to get it right. It can’t just be a game manager, because it’s very conceivable that Breece won’t be all the way back next year - we’ve seen other top RBs coming off ACLs struggle the first year back and we have to come to grips that we may not see the true Breece until late 2023 or 2024.

Last edited:
y’all are in a 1-6 tailspin and everything seems dark

losing sucks

but when everyone is healthy Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall are Pro Bowl level

Q is at worst a top 3 IDL

Sauce is the best physical cover guy in the league

missing the most important piece is not insignificant, but you still have a great young core group to build around

y’all will figure it out and keep getting better next year

IMO

because it’s very conceivable that Breece won’t be all the way back next year - we’ve seen other top RBs coming off ACLs struggle the first year back and we have to come to grips that we may not see the true Breece until late 2023 or 2024.

This is absolutely true. Not only do RBs struggle, they tend to get cascading soft tissue issues when the joint is finally stable and healthy and ready to go. We won't see Breece at Breece levels until late 2023, and that's the best case scenario. We actually won't see it until 2024. Just because it no longer ruins a guy's career doesn't mean it's a simple fix.

It's not.

This year was unfortunate. I'm sure I can think of more to say in the upcoming days, but I'll sort of hold off for a bit. Everybody is pretty much covering what I would say anyway so no need to be redundant.

This is so depressing.

If you told us at the beginning of the season we'd be in the playoff conversation with two weeks left, we'd have all signed up for that. But wow, the way it ended was brutal. The same record would feel so much better if it was poor early and they came on late and made a charge.

We're nowhere with QB. Next year's guy is definitely not on the roster. And let's face it, even a lousy qb should be able to put up more points than we have - our OC is just plain bad. And our special teams really took a dive this year too and hurt them game after game.

I'm not going to blame the D for anything - even if they allowed a mediocre team to run all over them yesterday, they have to be fed up with the putrid O, and it has to affect their play. They carried this team.

We have legit pieces, though, and I do feel good about our GM, and that's a lot more than we could say in recent years.

That was tough to watch. They hate the same old Jets mantra but it is what fits best - After a few drives I had that same feeling that there was no way they were going to win this game. Tough to see Geno carving up this supposed vaunted D. O as atrocious as always. White turns into a pumpkin returning them to QB purgatory. ST failures and poor coaching with team somehow coming up flat with no adjustments.

We all would have been thrilled with 7 wins before the season but this tastes bad - I hate to look across the stadium but the Giants somehow made it work with less with a rookie coach who developed a QB and kept the D elite with a bunch of injuries/no names. Dont forget this as Woody puts a lot into this type of stuff which makes me think that Saleh is not bullet proof. I disagree and would only replace him if an elite coach like Payton was available but thats a pipe dream so I would run it back with Saleh on the hot seat...I would strongly suggest he get an experienced OC - would love a Frank Reich.

As we now do our little later than usual peek at draft position they are now around #13 - does anyone believe that they wont win a completely meaningless game vs the fish now to drop multiple draft spots lol.

Not much $ to fill holes next year with a new QB and Q new contract eating up most of the space. No change they cut Mosely with his tag but Davis and Lawson likely gone. Will have to hope the new QB and return of the injured players plus a little more experience with the coaching staff is enough to get to the playoffs but as we've seen each season is its own universe and they blew a prime chance this year - no guarantees it shakes out same next year

Reactions: LBH
I'm not close the situation in New Jersey, def no expert

But from afar the issue seems far more tied to roster construction than what is happening in the building and on the practice field

O line and QB need to be priority issues addressed ASAP

yesterday was a **** game, hopeless from the get go

nothing to be learned there, put it in the rearview and move on

it's so hard to see the good that has happened when you're in the middle of a death spiral

but step back and compare this team to where you were two years ago and one year ago

you're on the right path; need come calibration and there are big holes at super important positional groups

but the solid core is there when they are healthy

IMO you have the right HC and that's a pretty big piece to get right

That was tough to watch. They hate the same old Jets mantra but it is what fits best - After a few drives I had that same feeling that there was no way they were going to win this game. Tough to see Geno carving up this supposed vaunted D. O as atrocious as always. White turns into a pumpkin returning them to QB purgatory. ST failures and poor coaching with team somehow coming up flat with no adjustments.

Oh yeah, the apathy/lack of belief crept back in early yesterday for sure. White was clearly out of it early so unless they got a defensive TD or G. Wilson broke a long one, I had zero faith they were gonna get back into a 2 score game. Found myself paying more attention to my phone and even changing the channel (mostly because I didnt want to watch Seattle march right down the field for the death blow)

Just a really crappy end to another crappy season.

And yes, they will absolutely beat Skylar whatever his name is next week in Miami to hurt their draft position.

But from afar the issue seems far more tied to roster construction than what is happening in the building and on the practice field

it's so hard to see the good that has happened when you're in the middle of a death spiral

but step back and compare this team to where you were two years ago and one year ago

you're on the right path; need come calibration and there are big holes at super important positional groups

Jury is out on Saleh, IMO. I think he's a good dude and the players believe in him. But picking your staff is a HUGE part of being a head coach....and he has failed with MLF as the OC. I get why they picked him and he's still young, but he hasn't shown much ability to get the best out of what he's been given. Never tweaked the offense to take advantage of the few things that ZW does semi-well (throwing on the move) and allowed Elijah Moore to become an afterthought malcontent, in part because they kept force-feeding Berrios instead (when Moore is the superior athlete that should have been getting those touches....screens, reverses, short crossing routes, etc.)

At this point, we have 5 perennial bro-bowl caliber guys that will be in the all-pro conversation....

Williams
Gardner
Hall (assuming health)
G. Wilson
AVT

They also have some vets that have played at a near pro-bowl level in Mosley and Reed. And then you have some presumably high-upside pieces whose futures are still TBD (Becton, Moore, Jermaine Johnson, Michael Clemons, Bam Knight, Michael Carter II)

That's awesome and gives me a lot of hope. But in today's NFL....if you dont have a QB and can keep him upright, you dont have much of anything. And those are the 2 weakest parts of the roster.

They dont fix that for next year, the rookie contract window for the last 2 drafts starts to close in a hurry.

Jury is out on Saleh, IMO. I think he's a good dude and the players believe in him. But picking your staff is a HUGE part of being a head coach....and he has failed with MLF as the OC. I get why they picked him and he's still young, but he hasn't shown much ability to get the best out of what he's been given. Never tweaked the offense to take advantage of the few things that ZW does semi-well (throwing on the move) and allowed Elijah Moore to become an afterthought malcontent, in part because they kept force-feeding Berrios instead (when Moore is the superior athlete that should have been getting those touches....screens, reverses, short crossing routes, etc.)

At this point, we have 5 perennial bro-bowl caliber guys that will be in the all-pro conversation....

Williams
Gardner
Hall (assuming health)
G. Wilson
AVT

They also have some vets that have played at a near pro-bowl level in Mosley and Reed. And then you have some presumably high-upside pieces whose futures are still TBD (Becton, Moore, Jermaine Johnson, Michael Clemons, Bam Knight, Michael Carter II)

That's awesome and gives me a lot of hope. But in today's NFL....if you dont have a QB and can keep him upright, you dont have much of anything. And those are the 2 weakest parts of the roster.

They dont fix that for next year, the rookie contract window for the last 2 drafts starts to close in a hurry.
Definitely reason for some optimism among the wreckage - I remember posting just 2 yrs ago that the Jets had zero playmakers that would worry opposing coaches - they now have at least the above 5 with some other real talent.

As said - QB/OL runs all and they had zero at QB (their own fault) and crushing injuries at OL - imagine if Becton, Fant and AVT were healthy all year. That would have been a huge help and probably worth a win on its own. They were playing a 4th rd draft pick and guys off the street. Laken was not worth the money but hes at least a solid player - if those 3 come back healthy and they spend a high pick on another OL it should be much improved

But we all know the sexy offseason talk will be all on the QB - Carr, Jimmy G, Minshew, Lamar, Second coming Sam, D Jones, A Rodgers - come on down - no rumor is too wild over the next few months!

Hard for an uneducated person like myself to judge O-line play (especially interior O-line play) but the advanced metrics support that idea that Tomlinson was REALLY bad this year. So bad that there's some question about whether his Pro bowl level play in SF Was mostly due to playing next to Williams

At the end of the day, he's not cuttable next year (over $18M in dead money to cut him for next year...oof) so they're gonna bring him back and try to make it work.

I think Fant is gone. I know he was banged up this year, but he was bad when he played. Unless they can get him back for REALLY cheap, I bet they let him walk.

I thought Brown's contract was a problem, but its not. He's only $1.5M in dead money as a Post 6/1 cut (with $10M in savings). So the best plan (IMO) is to spend your first rounder on a LT and play him there. Becton on the right, AVT and Tomlinson at the guard spots. Gotta find a center (McGovern is a free agent). Mitchell played fine for a 4th round small school rookie, so I think you're ok with developing him as your swing guy with a little upside. But then I think you need to make sure you have a solid backup guard....because AVT at RT could be the move if Becton gets hurt again (and you dont trust Mitchell as a starter)

Based on some mocks I'm looking at, the 10-20 range seems like the sweet spot for the tackle prospects......

I wasn't too hyped up going into this game. I know fans were excited about the chance of making the playoffs, but considering how we played the past month or so, I don't know why anyone would think we would go on the road and win both games.

Before I even get to any individuals, that was a collective embarrassment. No fight at all these past 2 weeks. Just pathetic. Did anyone tell them that they still had a chance to make the playoffs?

How often do we come out flat? Is it coaching? Lack of leadership? Both? Just terrible.

I don't see many coaching changes coming. I don't see Saleh getting rid of his buddy MLF.

White was terrible, but part of me wants to give him a pass. About a dozen years ago, I cracked 2 ribs right before my hockey championship game. There was no way that I was going to miss that game. I had already been playing through 2 separated shoulders and a sprained MCL. The pain I felt from those ribs were worse than any injury I've ever had (and I've had plenty). Anyway, I was not playing well. I was team captain and league MVP, so I felt that my team needed me. However, I felt completely ineffective, so I benched myself for the final period. I cannot imagine the pain White felt or the loss of functionality that he had during this game with rib injuries on both sides. He probably felt that his team needed him (with no better options on the team unfortunately), plus it was his chance for a contract that would affect the rest of his life. He was clearly off. Nothing like we had seen in previous games. He may not admit it, but I would bet that injury played a big factor in his ineffective play. Not to mention that he had to play with a bunch of guys on autopilot.

That defense has been slipping for a while. My friends were excited about playing Seattle, but I warned them that Walker would probably make us look bad. Our LBs are slow to react and our safeties have been horrible. That's a secondary problem compared to our o-line and QB.

Our o-line never seems to give our QB time to pass. I'm watching other games and even some of the bum QBs have a huge pocket around them. Sure it might collapse after a few seconds, but I don't think we ever get those precious few seconds.

A few weeks ago, we thought we could just use an upgrade at o-line, LB, and safety. Now it seems that we have more holes. We have to fix that o-line next year. Spend our first two picks on it for a tackle and center. Then go for a safety in round 3 and a LB in round 4 or 5.

I don't know what we're going to do at QB, but we have to fix the o-line first. Even the Brock Purdys (last pick of the draft) can look ok with some time to pass. A veteran QB will be running for his life with a bad o-line.

Here we are again looking at the draft order. As pathetic as we have looked recently, you just know we're going to win this week to mess up our draft pick and get angrier again about missing the playoffs by a game that we should have won like against Detroit, Minn, or NE.

I didnt watch the Car game but looking at the highlights and stats - 340 3 TDs and 1 int for Sam is even more depressing. Imagine if they kept him and traded the #2 pick for the haul SF paid....with the current weapons I honestly think Sam could be a decent game manager middle of the road QB. Definitely not a franchise QB but hes serviceable unlike the Jamarcus/Leaf type bust they drafted at #2. JD loved Sam - wouldnt shock me if its on the table for a return - what a crazy thing that would be!

Great point Rage -

Team was in a deathspiral so maybe we were a little delusional

Very possible White's bad performance was due to ribs - I broke 3 of mine and it was brutal for weeks just breathing! Problem is this was his shot to claim the job...even if he lights it up in Miami they just cant go into next year with just him and ZW. A vet is coming

Also agree on the D - they definitely miss a few key pieces - run stuffing DT, side to side LB and a safety are high on the list to really get this to a legit D

I also dont see any major coaching moves but its NY and Woody so never say never - Im old enough to remember being shocked when the owner replaced a pretty good young defensive coach whose team collapsed down the stretch....for rich Kotite. For you younger fans that young coach just beat the stuffing out of them this week so he recovered lol

Users who are viewing this thread