What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2024 Las Vegas Raiders thread - who the heck is this team? (7 Viewers)

This team needs top 5 picks

This team needs functional management. Instead, we will probably see Bill Bellycheck hired next offseason in Mork's next hail to Mary.
The problem with the Raiders is that the fanbase has no idea of what they want, other than it has to be a "Raider" of yore. While being a franchise that has only five double digit win season in the past 30 years. There is no such thing as a "Raider Mystique" anymore. It's been two generations since they won the Super Bowl. But come on, they have again only five double digit win seasons since dial up internet.

Would Raider fans chose to shed the old Raider mystique and brand for a new brand and team identity if they promised to be a new, refreshing franchise to the 4 decades of futility of the three prior decades of "Raider Yore" from 1960 to 1990? Just what is success to a Raider fan? The Raiders have only five season in the black in the past 30 seasons. This is a failed franchise. The only reason why it still exists is because people still buy into an inferior product, and reward bad CEO's and leadershiwp.

Edit: Bottom line is Raider fans need to force a sale of the team. Only way to do that is not buy into it anymore. Because they ain't going anywhere now, literally and figuratively.
sounds familiar, why are the niners still called the san francisco 49er’s? santa clara is not san francisco, the team and their fans are just as delusional as every other fan base who’s team hasn’t won a super bowl in 30 years
This isn't about the 49ers. Most people here since I have been on this forum know that 49er fans hate me more that Raider fans. Why? Because they are 49er fans.
Do you think you're hated in here?

I don't recall seeing you in this thread, or previous years, nearly enough to have an opinion about your views on the Raiders.

What are you kidding me? We went through a few days of I saying the Raiders should ditch Derak Carr years ago.
Did we? Okay.

I know you from the boards of course but that interaction didn't resonate enough to make it into my notebook. Sorry.

I first logged on here I think in 2006. I am just not chronically here as much anymore because Joe B amd FBG mods don't like me.
I cant imagine why...

Beat it little Drummer boy
:lmao: I suppose he’s doing the popular thing and playing the victim.

Is this QB from Alabama anything? Looks great at the NCAA level.
He is super interesting.

The PFF guys said based off last year's passing, he's not a top guy, but that he had all the tools. He may be putting it together. Could be a 2nd rounder, could be #1 overall. It's a blast following the QBs this year.

Is this QB from Alabama anything? Looks great at the NCAA level.
He is super interesting.

The PFF guys said based off last year's passing, he's not a top guy, but that he had all the tools. He may be putting it together. Could be a 2nd rounder, could be #1 overall. It's a blast following the QBs this year.
It's very similar to Daniels last year. He was not viewed as a top of the draft QB before last year. Seems to be going the same way for Milroe.

Anyone else find it odd Maxx was missing from the sidelines during a home game? I can’t find any info as to why he wasn’t there supporting his teammates.

Anyone else find it odd Maxx was missing from the sidelines during a home game? I can’t find any info as to why he wasn’t there supporting his teammates.

I'd like to think he was doing rehab, but this could be the sign of something more ominous. Also found it weird that Devante was ruled out so quickly, and that Mayer sat out for personal reasons without further explanation. Also note that AP benched Jack Jones for the first quarter of the game. If the team had been blown out yesterday - thought they were on their way after the first couple drives - the speculation about all these odd facts would be off the charts right now. But they fought back and clawed out a victory, so if there is malcontent, it hopefully hasn't infected Maxx and the overall group.

I do gotta say though, that Zamir needs to be benched. Mattison fits so much better into Getsy's scheme. It's painfully obvious, and difficult to watch them continue to have Zamir run into the backs of blockers when he's not getting blasted upon handoff. JPJ definitely added a spark yesterday to the otherwise decrepit 2024 OL.

I'd like to think he was doing rehab, but this could be the sign of something more ominous. Also found it weird that Devante was ruled out so quickly, and that Mayer sat out for personal reasons without further explanation. Also note that AP benched Jack Jones for the first quarter of the game. If the team had been blown out yesterday - thought they were on their way after the first couple drives - the speculation about all these odd facts would be off the charts right now. But they fought back and clawed out a victory, so if there is malcontent, it hopefully hasn't infected Maxx and the overall group.

I do gotta say though, that Zamir needs to be benched. Mattison fits so much better into Getsy's scheme. It's painfully obvious, and difficult to watch them continue to have Zamir run into the backs of blockers when he's not getting blasted upon handoff. JPJ definitely added a spark yesterday to the otherwise decrepit 2024 OL.
I saw a conspiracy theory (I call that since there was absolutely no evidence for it) that Adams was benched in preparation for a big trade that the Raiders are negotiating with another team to ship him off.

Jack Jones was benched for the 1st Q because of his effort in the game before. That is pretty much the only thing that known to be true.

For Maxx... my guess is that they kept him home so they wouldn't have to hear from him about wanting to play. That dude doesn't know how not to be on the field.

I agree about Zamir.
The only thing I can think of about Maxx is that his injury might be worse than they’re letting on. Maybe they didn’t want him on the sidelines on crutches to give away the severity of the injury. Davante was on the sidelines so I’m sure rehab can be scheduled around a game.

I saw a conspiracy theory (I call that since there was absolutely no evidence for it) that Adams was benched in preparation for a big trade that the Raiders are negotiating with another team to ship him off.

Jack Jones was benched for the 1st Q because of his effort in the game before. That is pretty much the only thing that known to be true.

For Maxx... my guess is that they kept him home so they wouldn't have to hear from him about wanting to play. That dude doesn't know how not to be on the field.
I heard a conspiracy that Mayer was the one on the trade block. Davante trade rumors have been swirling for months, so that one doesn’t shock me. Maxx not there though, has me scratching my head. Something just doesn’t feel right about it.

I heard on a Raiders pod this morning (put out by Vegas paper) the team told him to stay home and keep his ankle elevated. I believe (can't recall now) the reporter got it directly from someone on the coaching staff. Makes sense. I'm sure it would be very easy for him to get very angry or very overjoyed on the field and further aggravate the thing. A little harder to do from your recliner.

Zamir is limited. For what he is-a power guy with wheels, you can see his vision isn't the best. He can be useful, but unless we are opening obvious holes, he's not going to create. Part of a rotation, but any dreams of 20 carries and ground and pound have left my mind, personally.

To be honest, I am kinda impressed with Getsy's play calling so far (Aside from my demand for 20 Bowers targets per game.) I feel like I have seen a good amount of misdirection, rollouts, motion, and seen plays where the play call made the play. Minshew clearly doesn't have the eye of the tiger when he is forced to hold the ball, that has been made very clear. But when he runs the play as called, and gets the ball out under 3 seconds, he's one of the top QBs in the league. That's a testament to Getsy--and to the targets Minshew has. I loved that Getsy got Tre Tucker involved right off the bat, and CLE were thinking about him the rest of the game.

Minshew panics a bit when things break down, like he forgot his hot receiver or something. I am open to the idea that he can improve in this offense as the season wears on. But he clearly doesn't have those special instincts on the move like some guys. So he needs to behave like a game manager, not a hero. Buy time to dump it off, or take off running. That's it. Leave the Mahomes stuff for Mahomes.

Epps out for the year. That really sucks. Now our really nice 3rd safety, is now a starter, and our new 3rd safety is some young guy who hasn't shown anything.

JPJ, oh my God. :wub: :wub: He looks like the love child of Steve Wisnewski and Richie Incognito, and he wears #58. Our left guard wears 58?? Awesome. Let's switch it to 55 so I can imagine Matt Millen is in at LG. :lol:

To be honest, I am kinda impressed with Getsy's play calling so far (Aside from my demand for 20 Bowers targets per game.)
I'm impressed...with yesterday. ;-) Had to make due without his queen (Adams) and got contributions from a bunch of pawns. What I wasn't impressed with was him going into a shell late when they needed a clock-killing drive (or at least a single first down). Way too reminiscent of his time with the Bears last year when they were ahead late. But, hey, I get it...with the Bears and the Raiders he's not used to calling plays with a lead.
Bowers had 3 targets yesterday. And without Adams no less. He should have that many before he gets off the bus.

JPJ, oh my God. :wub: :wub: He looks like the love child of Steve Wisnewski and Richie Incognito, and he wears #58. Our left guard wears 58?? Awesome. Let's switch it to 55 so I can imagine Matt Millen is in at LG. :lol:
Don't look now but could Telesco hit on his first three picks? I guess Glaze graded out badly but he looks like he can be serviceable and perhaps better with time and experience.

I know this is today's NFL but they're a handful of plays away from 0-4. But hell so are the Chiefs.
And suddenly the game in Denver is very big against a team that completely flummoxed both Mayfield and his mates and now Rodgers to the tune of 16 points in 8 quarters. They've got almost as many sacks (12) in that time.

my gut turns when thinking how nice it would be to be sitting at 3-1 if we had just beaten that horrible Panthers team. Oy. This team.

Promising win, though. That 4th and short for Cleveland was exactly the kind of game losing play we’ve given up for the past 2 decades. I was shocked that the raiders shut it down. Wow.

I am kinda impressed with Getsy's play calling so far (Aside from my demand for 20 Bowers targets per game.) I feel like I have seen a good amount of misdirection, rollouts, motion, and seen plays where the play call made the play.

It's not the route designs that have been the problem. It's the run-blocking design not fitting the players the Raiders have at OL and Zamir at RB. Yesterday they ran more gap and inside zone, rather than wide zone. That adjustment, combined with JPJ and Mattison making plays changed the complexion of the run game, which then fed play action and allowed the offense to at least be somewhat functional enough to score a few points and/or get the defense some proper rest between series - and suddenly they were able to seize control of the game, and nearly even broke it wide open, if not for some bad misses by Rico and the Zamir fumble six.

Zamir should be the backup RB that comes in with fresh legs and speed in the 2nd half of a game where the opposing defense is tired and not dominating the LOS. Run some gap plays for him in those moments, and let him bust through the line like a cannon ball. Asking him to run with patience and timing his cuts and explosions has been a miserable failure and I have zero confidence he will figure it out. That's just not his style of running and pretty much the polar opposite, really.

Mattison, OTOH, looks pretty good with that style, and is also better receiver to boot. It's so obvious that under the current system, he should be the primary RB.

I'd like to see what Laube can do in this system, too. Frustrating the guy can't even get on the active 53 on gameday to see where he's at with this. His uber-self CMC has looked all-world for years running behind ZBS.

Promising win, though. That 4th and short for Cleveland was exactly the kind of game losing play we’ve given up for the past 2 decades. I was shocked that the raiders shut it down. Wow.
We were for sure lucky that Deshaun Watson is a shell of himself.

In that moment, perhaps. Rest of the game he was making a lot of nice plays, especially throws on the run. Dude's dead arm narrative is more than a bit overstated IMO - or at least it looked that way yesterday. Amari failed him bigtime at least once, and then when he hit Amari for the winning long TD, his OL failed him with an attempt at a sneaky shirt-pull hold. Don't know what's going on, but I've never seen the Raiders get such a call - Maxx literally gets mugged with close-lines every game without a flag.

Is this real?

Pierce liked a post about Adams not playing another snap in LV..

C’mon. Can’t be real, right? Fake account or something. If it is true, then a truly stupid unprofessional move by Pierce. But I don’t believe it could be true. Right? 😬

Zero chance that is true. Anyone can set up an acct named antoniopierce.

That said, this doesn't mean that AP and Devante are fans of one another right now, and/or that the Raiders aren't trying to shop DA.

Good relationship or not, I'd be looking to shop him right now for a proper bid.

Is this real?

C’mon. Can’t be real, right? Fake account or something. If it is true, then a truly stupid unprofessional move by Pierce. But I don’t believe it could be true. Right? 😬

That said, this doesn't mean that AP and Devante are fans of one another right now, and/or that the Raiders aren't trying to shop DA.

Good relationship or not, I'd be looking to shop him right now for a proper bid.
this fabiano guys start em sit ems are so bad :lmao:

Is this real?

I don't know if its real or not, but I think the fact its even believable is worth mentioning.

I'd be very surprised if Adams was on the Raiders all of October.
No one is going to take on next years contract. It’s much more likely that the riders cut him with zero compensation
can't he agree to restructure if he's sent to a contender? But would they trade within their division? KC just makes so much sense except for the in division thing, but maybe they would be willing to part with a decent pick for him.

Definitely worth discussing!

As everyone knows, randos on social media fooling the tragically ××××ing stupid is always worthy of consideration, it pretty much means it's fact. And everyone also knows the other NFL teams are dying, DYING, to help the Chiefs win another title.

Certainly the AFC West. And certainly the Raiders! Tom Telesco and coach AP know that the best way for a new GM and a new coach to make the fanbase really happy is to throw in the towel after a month, and help their best division rival win another ring. The fans would love it!!

Probably not a 1st rounder, right? because he's old, and is in the last year of his deal. I mean geez, KC aren't suckers ova here

But maybe a 2nd rounder!!! Wooweee, maybe the #64 overall pick next year!!! Whoa. The 64th pick!! And hey, maybe KC loses in the playoffs. Raiders could maybe get the #60 pick!!!!! Can you even imagine?? Golly, we would be so lucky!!

I wonder if part of the trade would be that every Raider fan would be required to send a thank you note to KC, for the Chiefs allowing the Raiders to play some small part in the KC title.

Seems like the least we could do

Definitely worth discussing!

As everyone knows, randos on social media fooling the tragically ××××ing stupid is always worthy of consideration, it pretty much means it's fact. And everyone also knows the other NFL teams are dying, DYING, to help the Chiefs win another title.

Certainly the AFC West. And certainly the Raiders! Tom Telesco and coach AP know that the best way for a new GM and a new coach to make the fanbase really happy is to throw in the towel after a month, and help their best division rival win another ring. The fans would love it!!

Probably not a 1st rounder, right? because he's old, and is in the last year of his deal. I mean geez, KC aren't suckers ova here

But maybe a 2nd rounder!!! Wooweee, maybe the #64 overall pick next year!!! Whoa. The 64th pick!! And hey, maybe KC loses in the playoffs. Raiders could maybe get the #60 pick!!!!! Can you even imagine?? Golly, we would be so lucky!!

I wonder if part of the trade would be that every Raider fan would be required to send a thank you note to KC, for the Chiefs allowing the Raiders to play some small part in the KC title.

Seems like the least we could do
Yeah, KC makes no sense (I feel like the ghost of Al Davis, would come back and haunt Mark Davis) but dealing Adams in general makes a lot of sense.

I think Buffalo (contender with #1 need) and Washington (rising team, with rookie contract QB) would both be interesting landing spots.

Is this real?

I don't know if its real or not, but I think the fact its even believable is worth mentioning.

I'd be very surprised if Adams was on the Raiders all of October.
No one is going to take on next years contract. It’s much more likely that the riders cut him with zero compensation

Another team could trade for him with zero financial commitment beyond the remainder of the 2024 season. A team that trades for him now could release or trade or restructure him after this season with no financial repercussions they were unwilling to accept.

Don't the Jets seem like the most obvious trade partner?
Seems like it to a casual observer like me. And, depending on what's going on with him on the "personal" front, maybe they could package Mayer with him. That would be an upgrade at two spots which Rodgers would be all in on. Things seem like a mess over there right now.
I think Dallas would be a possibility as well. Jones would be salivating at an Adams and Lamb combo and he doesn't mind overpaying sometimes as well (see a 1 for Amari Cooper years back when it was thought no one would give the Raiders a 1 for him).
I doubt Buffalo. They ditched Diggs to get some cap relief. But they do have a bunch of pawns for Allen to throw to so who knows.
Washington is suddenly very intriguing.

I would have bet on Adams NOT being traded up until about 18 hours ago. Now it seems almost like we are just waiting for the news to become official. Never a dull moment has a Raider fan...

... and how about the salt in the wound, didn't the Raiders hire Getsy primarily because of Adams. Now we face the reality of no Adams and being stuck with Getsy?

Maybe TT, AP, and Davis can package Getsy and Adams?!

Is this real?

Go to the 17:00 minute mark , good conversation

Up & Adams Show with Kay Adams! Davante Adams, Tutu Atwell | October 1, 2024​

I’d be excited to see what a Meyers, Tucker, Turner, Bowers, Mayer receiving corpe looks like since we know we’re not going very far this year. A shame we never were able to take advantage of having Adams on the roster. Man, we suck.

Users who are viewing this thread