What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

______ Passed Away Today, RIP (2 Viewers)

RIP William Friedken, director/producer/writer of ' The Exorcist '. Guy founded a whole new horror genre. That's gotta count for something
Ugh great freaking director. The Exorcisr, French Connection, Sorceror and the highly underappreciated To Live and Die in LA.
Sorcerer so underrated
I totally forgot about 'The French Connection'....Sorceror was underrated and good as well. Roy Scheider balled out in both of those.

DJ Casper, creator of the iconic Cha Cha Slide, has died. He originally wrote it as an exercise track for his nephew in the late '90s before it exploded in popularity and became a worldwide hit.

What a rough week, now we’ve lost Robbie Robertson. Time to fire up Music from Big Pink.
Dang. I remember listening to the hell out of The Last Waltz. He was really the heart and soul of that group. He wrote great songs and was hugely influential.

In our fantasy football league every season each member gives me one artists/band during the offseason and I create a playlist using only those bands to be played at the draft.
We use one “in memorial” slot that goes to whichever major artist that passes away closest to the draft.
In the last few weeks we’ve gone from Tony Bennett to Sinead O’Connor to The Eagles/Poco to the Kinks and now The Band/Robbie Robertson.
Hopefully we’re listening to The Band on 8/26.

Last edited:
What a rough week, now we’ve lost Robbie Robertson. Time to fire up Music from Big Pink.
I seem to be the documentary guy each time we lose another musical great. I highly recommend "Once Were Brothers" a doc about Robbie Robertson and The Band.

When I heard Robbie died I immediately played this video from the Playing For Change group:

I would also suggest taking a listen to Robbie Robertson's self-titled solo record. He has Peter Gabriel, U2, The BoDeans and Maria McKee as guests on it. I love the record.

Last edited:
I seem to be the documentary guy each time we lose another musical great. I highly recommend "Once Were Brothers" a doc about Robbie Robertson and The Band.

When I heard Robbie died I immediately played this video from the Playing For Change group:

I would also suggest taking a listen to Robbie Robertson's self-titled solo record. He has Peter Gabriel, U2, The BoDeans and Maria McKee as guests on it. I love the record.
His first solo album is indeed great, as is his second one, Storyville.

Dang. I remember listening to the hell out of The Last Waltz. He was really the heart and soul of that group. He wrote great songs and was hugely influential.

Wow at the quality of that YouTube video. 1978? Looks like it was recorded yesterday.

Wow at the quality of that YouTube video. 1978? Looks like it was recorded yesterday.
Filmed in 1976, released in 1978, directed by Scorsese.

Med Cruise 1985-86 we watched a VHS copy of The Last Waltz approximately 100 times. Pretty much on continuous loop in the petty officer lounge.

I’m no expert on the subject, but I think TLW is considered to be on the Mt Rushmore of music documentaries, along with Gimme Shelter and … not sure what else

I’m no expert on the subject, but I think TLW is considered to be on the Mt Rushmore of music documentaries, along with Gimme Shelter and … not sure what else
Yeah for sure. Stop Making Sense is elite too but it's pure concert film so that might be sort of a different category.

And this started the tradition of Robertson providing music for Scorsese's films. Robertson provided music for Scorsese's latest film- Killers of the Flower Moon.

It was a theatrical release directed by Martin Scorsese.

Robert Swan, the actor that was best known for his roles in “Hoosiers”, “Rudy”, and “The Babe”, has passed away at the age of 78. He also appeared in "Somewhere in Time", "The Untouchables", and "Natural Born Killers".
he was the dad in hoosiers who made his kids apologize for being jerks to coach dale did a nice job and sad to hear this take that to the bank brohans

Robert Swan, the actor that was best known for his roles in “Hoosiers”, “Rudy”, and “The Babe”, has passed away at the age of 78. He also appeared in "Somewhere in Time", "The Untouchables", and "Natural Born Killers".
He was the head Mountie in Untouchables and had a very brief one liner in Somewhere In Time.
"Mr. Ness, I do not approve of your methods!".
(Well, you're not from Chicago).

Users who are viewing this thread