What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A-List Celebrity To Be Outed As A Sexual Predator (1 Viewer)

Chris Hardwick's reinstatement hasn't yet been mentioned in this thread?

Any cultural movement has to operate within constraints else they get conflated with largely baseless panics (e.g. Salem Witch Trials, modern Satanists, 1980s day care abuse scares). The boundaries around #metoo are being formed gradually after the initial societal lurch.

It can be interesting what happens after the accusations fade:

Beyond Chris Hardwick and James Franco: 12 More Men Back at Work Following Their #MeToo Accusations

After Chris Hardwick and James Franco faced accusations of sexual improprieties, they each contended with a raft of dismayed think pieces, social-media brickbats, and a backlash of public opinion; anyone who suggested the possibility of a comeback was immediately upbraided. Some months later, it’s clear that just not the case. AMC announced the end of Chris Hardwick’s suspension after investigating an abuse claim from his former girlfriend. Collider reported that James Franco is circling his first directing project since five women accused him of sexual harassment. (Franco had already been granted reentry to HBO’s second season of “The Deuce”). Meanwhile, Johnny Depp — accused of physically and verbally abusing ex-wife Amber Heard — was the biggest attraction at last week’s Comic-Con.

As the movement continues, different post-scandal fates have started to emerge. As a Vox headline noted this week, “Mel Gibson has set the blueprint for a #MeToo comeback. Expect other men to follow it.” The article delved into Gibson’s behavior (remember when Oksana Grigorieva said he knocked out her teeth?), with key strategies for returning to the public eye (don’t discuss the incident, let your friends do the talking, let time pass, and return in a mode slightly different than the one for which you were known).

However, looking at a dozen men who faced #MeToo accusations in the last year suggests that it may not be that complicated. TJ Miller will again voice Tuffnut for the next installment of the “How To Train Your Dragon” franchise. Harassment accusations against John Lasseter may have lasting impact on the former Disney and Pixar Animation Studio CCO’s career, although he currently remains on the companies’ payroll until the end of the year as a consultant.

Not all accusations are the same. Some, like the one made against Academy president John Bailey, were deemed baseless. At the other extreme, two people that the Academy elected to expel — Harvey Weinstein and Bill Cosby — will likely always be unwelcome; the third, Roman Polanski, continues to collaborate with the world’s top stars.

EDIT: Hadn't even heard that Michael Douglas had been accused of anything before I read this article. And what Douglas did was come out with the allegation was going to be (with vehement denial) before the other party (journalist Susan Braudy) could release it. Braudy got on the Today show with it, but since then ... it's dried up and blown away.

Last edited by a moderator:

Any cultural movement has to operate within constraints else they get conflated with largely baseless panics (e.g. Salem Witch Trials, modern Satanists, 1980s day care abuse scares). The boundaries around #metoo are being formed gradually after the initial societal lurch.
What about Anzari? any update with him? master of none?

Aziz Ansari returns to stand-up after sex misconduct allegations (NY Post 5/14/2018)

Aziz Ansari getting more ‘enthusiastic’ applause after sexual misconduct allegations (NY Post 6/6/2018)

Regarding Master of None, here's what Anzari said about future of the show shortly after the second-season release in April 2017 (8 months before the 'Grace' allegations):

Regarding future seasons, Ansari told Vulture, "I don’t know if we’re going to do a season three. I wouldn’t be surprised if I needed a looonng [sic] break before I could come back to it [...] I’ve got to become a different guy before I write a third season, is my personal thought, I’ve got to get married or have a kid or something. I don’t have anything else to say about being a young guy being single in New York eating food around town all the time." 
Personally ... I could see Ansari starting work on either more Master of None or a new show altogether within a year from now. Laying low seems to work miracles for men facing the less-serious #metoo accusations.

Les Moonves, CBS CEO, also has a article coming out by Ronan Farrow in The New Yorker on allegations of sexual misconduct according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Article

A guy I follow on facebook is adamant that the Tom Hanks accusations are true.  He's as batty as the accuser is. 

I read where he was back last night and he was on AGT.  Good for him

"In American Beauty (1999), Kevin Spacey had to play the part of a pedophile, and had to kiss a man on screen. Being the method actor he is, he started practicing by actually molesting young boys in the 1980s, which finally culminated in his riveting and convincing performance in American Beauty. (i.redd.it)"

submitted 9 hours ago by 123batman456 to r/####tymoviedetails

Asia Argento photo with her accuser comes out - https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/22/entertainment/asia-argento-jimmy-bennett-photo/index.html

Seems kind of difficult to explain that photo if you Ms. Argento.  I don't follow this stuff that closely but happened to see this link - crazy that's she's heavily involved in the metoo movement and this is happening. 
She also admits in a text message to a friend that she had sex with him.
I'm still waiting for the rest of the facts to land... but yugh.

so- if all true, does this change your (collective your) view of her accusations against weinstein? 

so- if all true, does this change your (collective your) view of her accusations against weinstein? 
Tony never had a chance once he entered into a relationship with her. Might as well of just started smack again 

It's possible for her to be a victim AND a bad person. They're not mutually exclusive.
This is certainly true but it would seem to help Harvey that one of his accusers has engaged in the same behavior she is accusing him of. Additionally, I read they have several emails from another of his accusers where she speaks fondly of him and seems to indicate the relationship was consensual.

I have no doubt Harvey is a giant POS but his legal defense has seemed to gotten much stronger in the last week but granted I’m no lawyer.

DA RAIDERS said:
also heard that he may have been the one to actually pay it.
He paid $200k up front and then $10k a month.

Her accusation against Harvey was unwanted oral sex, which eventually turned into consensual sex on a later date.

I hate this dude so much.  Why not just keep your mouth shut instead of looking like a dbag?  Poor you kid, poor you, friendly reminder the kid was 17 when this went down.

"Many brave women and men have spoken out about their own experiences during the #metoo movement, and I appreciate the bravery that it took for each and every one of them to take such a stand. I did not initially speak out about my story because I chose to handle it in private with the person who wronged me. My trauma resurfaced as she came out as a victim herself. I have not made a public statement in the past days and hours because I was ashamed and afraid to be part of the public narrative. I was underage when the event took place, and I tried to seek justice in a way that made sense to me at the time because I was not ready to deal with the ramifications of my story becoming public. At the time I believed there was still a stigma to being in the situation as a male in our society. I didn't think that people would understand the event that took place from the eyes of a teenage boy. I have had to overcome many adversities in my life, and this is another that I will deal with, in time. I would like to move past this event in my life, and today I choose to move forward, no longer in silence."

https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/23/entertainment/jimmy-bennett-statement/index.html

I hate this dude so much.  Why not just keep your mouth shut instead of looking like a dbag?  Poor you kid, poor you, friendly reminder the kid was 17 when this went down.

"Many brave women and men have spoken out about their own experiences during the #metoo movement, and I appreciate the bravery that it took for each and every one of them to take such a stand. I did not initially speak out about my story because I chose to handle it in private with the person who wronged me. My trauma resurfaced as she came out as a victim herself. I have not made a public statement in the past days and hours because I was ashamed and afraid to be part of the public narrative. I was underage when the event took place, and I tried to seek justice in a way that made sense to me at the time because I was not ready to deal with the ramifications of my story becoming public. At the time I believed there was still a stigma to being in the situation as a male in our society. I didn't think that people would understand the event that took place from the eyes of a teenage boy. I have had to overcome many adversities in my life, and this is another that I will deal with, in time. I would like to move past this event in my life, and today I choose to move forward, no longer in silence."

I could see the issue if he was 12. But 17? C’mon. I was living on my own at 17.

"Many brave women and men have spoken out about their own experiences during the #metoo movement, and I appreciate the bravery that it took for each and every one of them to take such a stand. I did not initially speak out about my story because I chose to handle it in private I was paid a ####load of money by the person who wronged me. My trauma resurfaced as she came out as a victim herself. I have not made a public statement in the past days and hours because I was ashamed and afraid to be part of the public narrative. I was underage when the event took place, and I tried to seek justice made out like a bandit in a way that made sense to me at the time because I was not ready to deal with the ramifications of my story becoming public $200K and then $10k/month. At the time I believed there was still a stigma awesomeness to being in the situation as a male in our society. I didn't think that people would understand the event that took place from the eyes of a teenage boy. I have had to overcome many adversities in my life, and this is another that I will deal with, in time. I would like to move past this event in my life, and today I choose to move forward, no longer in silence.But now someone else is paying me more, so...here I am!!"

There is so much we don’t know but based on limited information I’ve concluded this broad is a POS. Evidence to suggest her stepping out on Anthony contributed to his tailspin. Who knows the deal with the 17 year old but she had to know if it ever comes out that she paid him off it looks awful for her. And it always comes out.

There is so much we don’t know but based on limited information I’ve concluded this broad is a POS. Evidence to suggest her stepping out on Anthony contributed to his tailspin. Who knows the deal with the 17 year old but she had to know if it ever comes out that she paid him off it looks awful for her. And it always comes out.
what evidence?

A little weird but not egregious
You better believe that the women in Hollywood would certainly be the marching through the streets calling for justice for the girl and they would want the man’s head on a lance. It’s funny that I haven’t heard a peep from the ladies now

El Floppo said:

Not really but this broad has quite a set of balls or she is just a complete moron. Probably both. 

pantherclub said:

I hope he didn't hurt himself with all that virtue signaling.

God almighty already, I feel like I'm watching Fonzie jump the shark.  If a handshake or looking at a tattoo is any way shape or form considered "harassment" in the ways described above, we're doomed!  Honest to God I'm speechless here.  I'm not a fan of Neil's at all, it's not that I don't like him, I simply am not familiar with him.  I've seen him on a couple episodes of Nova over the years but that's about it.  I cannot fathom any of that being interpreted as sexual let alone harassment. Seriously, this is what's it come to?  I feel horrible for women who are victims of genuine sexual harassment that these histrionics put themselves in the same category is  disheartening.

Users who are viewing this thread