What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A plea for civility in the PSF. (1 Viewer)

Some of the worst shtick here is the anti-alias cops turning alias cops when they think it's somebody from the other team. :lol:
How about guy that assigns sides to posters hit claims he’s always in the middle?

Or guy that claims to ignore 40 posters but responds to them all the time.

Those are my favorites

The guys that defend every liberal and liberal policy 24/7 but criticize every conservative or conservative policy 24/7: "I'm Independent!".

The guys that vote Democrat all of their life but once voted for a Republican 30 years ago for School Board: "I'm an Independent!!".

The guys that always claim Republicans are the worst and are evil but once said that they didn't like the choice of shoes Joe Biden chose for the day: "See? I criticize Democrats too! I'm an Independent!!".

Yeah, we call those guys PSF Independents™. Liberals who are trying fool people into thinking they are fair, balanced and unbiased towards both parties but are just liberals thru and thru.
Change "Democrat" to Republican" and "liberal" to "conservative" and you are describing yourself. :thumbup:

It's odd- I would think people so upset that Joe didn't unite all of us would be more willing to see when people are agreeing with them or calling out people for going too far in posts about them. For some weird reason I am starting to think that being on a team, and therefore needing an opponent, is more important.

Some of the worst shtick here is the anti-alias cops turning alias cops when they think it's somebody from the other team. :lol:
How about guy that assigns sides to posters hit claims he’s always in the middle?

Those are my favorites

The guys that defend every liberal and liberal policy 24/7 but criticize every conservative or conservative policy 24/7: "I'm Independent!".

The guys that vote Democrat all of their life but once voted for a Republican 30 years ago for School Board: "I'm an Independent!!".

The guys that always claim Republicans are the worst and are evil but once said that they didn't like the choice of shoes Joe Biden chose for the day: "See? I criticize Democrats too! I'm an Independent!!".

Yeah, we call those guys PSF Independents™. Liberals who are trying fool people into thinking they are fair, balanced and unbiased towards both parties but are just liberals thru and thru.
Change "Democrat" to Republican" and "liberal" to "conservative" and you are describing yourself. :thumbup:

It's odd- I would think people so upset that Joe didn't unite all of us would be more willing to see when people are agreeing with them or calling out people for going too far in posts about them. For some weird reason I am starting to think that being on a team, and therefore needing an opponent, is more important.
:potkettle:

Civility lasted what..2-3 days. Tried to read through a couple threads here tonight.

Things are right back in the crapper.
It’s sad I agree.

We should just ignore posts that don’t deal directly with political issues.

We should just ignore posts that don’t deal directly with political issues.

Unless of course, they involve "fisting" which has seemed to have gotten the FBG's Seal Of Approval for a thread tile.

I seriously just don't get what is going on with this site anymore.
In what context are people talking about fisting? Different strokes and all that , I guess
Please refer to the syllabus

Those are my favorites

You need to understand that Trumpism isn't something independents can get behind. So yes, at present we've moved from voting for Gary Johnson to voting almost exclusively blue because Republicans have let the crazies take the wheel of their party. That doesn't make us liberal anymore than it makes Romney and Cheney RINOs.

Those are my favorites

:potkettle:
Actually, I'm white. :lol:

Sadly for you most wouldn’t waste their time on the types that hide in a one sided echo chamber repeating the same weak talking points. The good news is you found a role with Tim. Don’t let him down! 😂
Keep those players hydrated, GB. You're a big part of the team.
@timschochet , he’s looking for something to do. :towelwave:
I guess this is an attempt at humor? I’m sure you’re insulting him, or me, or both of us, but I’m afraid I’m too dumb to get it.

The waterboys aren't talented enough to make the cut but, despite their lack of skills, the coach lets them hang around to hydrate the real players with likes and emojis.

The cutest thing about waterboys is that at the end of the day, when they close their eyes to sleep, they think to themselves, "We played a great game today."

Please do less of the snarky insult stuff.

Those are my favorites

But I'm not calling myself an Independent. :shrug:

So your attempt at Gotcha™ has failed yet again. Better luck next time! :thumbup:

Maybe you can take some inspiration from this for your next attempt: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0089222/

Last edited:

Those are my favorites

Awesome, none of those apply to me, so thanks for verifying.

Not my fault too many view themselves as being on a team, and therefore need others to be on a team so they have someone to battle. I don't think that way, that's on you.
De Nile is not just a river in Egypt, I see!!!

Those are my favorites

I’m new here but I’ll bet many like myself voted for lots of republicans pre-Trump. It’s the party of Trump that we find so off putting. I was a registered republican until 2008 and Palin ushered in the new era of the GOP that Trump has quintuple downed on.

Those are my favorites

I’m new here but I’ll bet many like myself voted for lots of republicans pre-Trump. It’s the party of Trump that we find so off putting. I was a registered republican until 2008 and Palin ushered in the new era of the GOP that Trump has quintuple downed on.

Sure you did, Tobias. :thumbup:

@FBG Moderator

Am I allowed to know why I was banned last week?

I think Tim got banned to. I can't tag him in any posts.
I think Tim quit the board?? He referenced leaving or taking a break. Something like that. 🤷‍♂️

Tim still checks in all the time.

Although he did say he was quitting, probably a good thing for him and his family as he was here 24-7.
Fun Fact: "24/7" was coined in 1697 after King William III noticed how much time Ye Olde Tim Schochet of Winchester was spending on internet message boards.

Last edited:
@FBG Moderator

We’ll, it’s whatever, but I don’t remember posting anything ban worthy
You're a Cowboys fan. That's always ban-worthy. :lol:

And not even their #1 fan, but their #8 fan.
Fair enough. Just put that on the message I got that says “YOU ARE BANNED”
Then I’ll know why lol

@FBG Moderator

We’ll, it’s whatever, but I don’t remember posting anything ban worthy
You're a Cowboys fan. That's always ban-worthy. :lol:

And not even their #1 fan, but their #8 fan.
Fair enough. Just put that on the message I got that says “YOU ARE BANNED”
Then I’ll know why lol
Was probably for a trash talk violation. Talking trash about the team you beat in the regular season only to have lost to them in the playoffs is some kind of violation. @tommyGunZ probably rightfully reported that.

@FBG Moderator

You should have been told when you were given the time out...at least I have always gotten some sort of explanation, although several of my suspensions were flat out wrong in which the moderator misread or completely misunderstood my post (and there is no appeal for that, no matter how long the suspension).

@FBG Moderator

No he just had a tantrum, he’s still lurking and using aliases.

I don't think he has been using an alias, he has a rather distinctive posting style (as many do here) and I have seen nothing with a Tim flavor.

@FBG Moderator

You should have been told when you were given the time out...at least I have always gotten some sort of explanation, although several of my suspensions were flat out wrong in which the moderator misread or completely misunderstood my post (and there is no appeal for that, no matter how long the suspension).

You guys are running out of liberals.
If only that were true. :lol:
Ah, so the real goal is an echo chamber for your crew. Noted.
Lighten up, Francis.
yep, I was being super serious.
Sometimes sarcasm doesn't come thru well on internet message boards, especially when the back and forth history between two posters has been, shall we say, combative.

That's why I usually use an emoji to make it clear with certain posters and also when there is any doubt it could be taken the incorrect way. :thumbup:

This is a real problem because it's hard to know what is ok to post and what isn't. People get banned and threads disappear and we don't know why. We should know why imo.
Agreed. When a thread gets locked, there's frequently an explanation. It's been my experience to get an explanation for time outs. But when posts and entire threads get deleted with no explanation, you have no idea why. Was the topic off limits? Did someone derail the convo over night?

This is a real problem because it's hard to know what is ok to post and what isn't. People get banned and threads disappear and we don't know why. We should know why imo.
Agreed. When a thread gets locked, there's frequently an explanation. It's been my experience to get an explanation for time outs. But when posts and entire threads get deleted with no explanation, you have no idea why. Was the topic off limits? Did someone derail the convo over night?
But wait NB I’m confused, how are you posting, your title says banned.

@FBG Moderator

In my case I was innocent and had proof, in that the reason the moderator gave for suspending me was false as it contradicted what I had posted - in other words, the moderator obviously misread my post.

Unfortunately if a suspension is completely erroneous there is no way to appeal it, no matter how long the suspension, which is wrong IMO.

@FBG Moderator

:lol:

timschochet

Footballguy
Joined Sep 17, 2007
Last seen 46 minutes ago · Viewing thread The Joe Biden Thread- things are looking up

I can't @ him. His name doesn't show up.

@FBG Moderator

I don't think he has been using an alias, he has a rather distinctive posting style (as many do here) and I have seen nothing with a Tim flavor.
Believe it or not he thinks to change that to not be obvious. Bromigo.

@FBG Moderator

Except most people can see through someone's supposed alias as posting styles are distinctive and grammatical mistakes and other quirks are often repeated, like the guy who has the nickname for always being wrong - his aliases are instantly recognizable because he always misspells certain words like arguement (sic).
Sorry you can’t see through it, won’t matter though as we all know he will be back shortly flooding the board with Left propaganda.

@FBG Moderator

Except most people can see through someone's supposed alias as posting styles are distinctive and grammatical mistakes and other quirks are often repeated, like the guy who has the nickname for always being wrong - his aliases are instantly recognizable because he always misspells certain words like arguement (sic).
Sorry you can’t see through it, won’t matter though as we all know he will be back shortly flooding the board with Left propaganda.

So if you are so sure, what alias has Tim been posting under?

@FBG Moderator

So if you are so sure, what alias has Tim been posting under?
Not going to ruin the surprise for you.

@FBG Moderator

In my case I was innocent and had proof, in that the reason the moderator gave for suspending me was false as it contradicted what I had posted - in other words, the moderator obviously misread my post.

Unfortunately if a suspension is completely erroneous there is no way to appeal it, no matter how long the suspension, which is wrong IMO.
Sure you are. :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread