What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Alex Murdaugh found shot (1 Viewer)

The Big Donkey

Footballguy
link

HAMPTON COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – Officials with the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) confirmed to News 2 they are investigating a shooting in Hampton County.

Law enforcement officials in Hampton County say Alex Murdaugh was found shot in the head at a property in the 15000 block of Salkehatchie Rd.

He was taken to a hospital in Savannah for treatment.

SLED has been called in to assist the Hampton County Sheriff’s Office in their investigation.

Alex Murdaugh is the father of Paul Murdaugh who was found dead along with his mother, Margaret, at a family property in Colleton County back in June of this year.

very strange story, the whole of it.  

edit: sounds like he was shot in the head while changing a tire.  expected to survive.    

Last edited by a moderator:
No idea who this is but I’ll watch the Netflix documentary on it whenever it gets made.
It might make it.  

the son that was shot dead in June was driving a boat while intoxicated and killed a girl in 2019. link   

they also re-opened a hit and run death in 2015 after the murders in June.  there are rumors the mother, who was shot dead in June, was driving.

the father who was shot in the original post is a big time lawyer.

It might make it.  

the son that was shot dead in June was driving a boat while intoxicated and killed a girl in 2019. link   

they also re-opened a hit and run death in 2015 after the murders in June.  there are rumors the mother, who was shot dead in June, was driving.

the father who was shot in the original post is a big time lawyer.
Gotta be related to the boat accident people, right?

Or is it a long term enemy of the Murdoughs who found a great opportunity to dodge blame/questioning?

I can already hear Keith Morrison's voice.

I’m going to venture a guess that the murders of his wife and son were the result and not the cause of any of his decisions.

Agreed. Sounds like the downward spiral finally hit bottom.

And odds are that the "shooting" over the weekend was staged. Initial reports were that Alex had a description of the truck yet police never released a description for the public to be aware.

So any chance he killed his wife and son and this was to help cover it up? First thing I thought of.

He suffered a grazed shot to his head while changing his tire?

So any chance he killed his wife and son and this was to help cover it up? First thing I thought of.

He suffered a grazed shot to his head while changing his tire?

if millions are missing, he probably embezzled it over time, financing his lifestyle and addiction. 

Right before his wife and son were killed, it was announced that the civil suit from the boat accident  was going to trial and the family financials would have to be divulged.

IMO, he either killed them or had them killed to buy time to get the case settled, avoid a court audit and to make his embarrassing son go away. Additionally,  Alex was rumored to be having an affair and his wife had moved out to their beach house in Edisto.  Some of their property was in her name so a divorce would be especially costly. 

Law firm finds out that millions are missing,  he gets canned then stages  superficial gunshot wound for sympathy as his world collapses. 

I remember hearing about this, and the first thing that came to mind was how alcohol can destroy even the most well to do families.  The guys wife and son were a mess, and there was speculation the dad may have had them murdered.  The other thing I thought of was maybe someone seeking revenge for the girl that was killed.  Nothing can bring back a loved one, but killing the entire family of the person who killed your loved one may bring comfort to some.

BTW, the girl the son killed in the boat was beautiful. Malory Beach

https://www.fitsnews.com/2020/06/12/murdaugh-slapped-and-spit-on-girlfriend-before-fatal-sc-boat-crash-court-records-say/

Just saw a picture of this Alex Murdaugh fella......has anybody ever seen him and Raiders' owner Mark Davis in the same room together?  I swear they are doppelgangers.  Two of the ugliest men I've ever seen in my life.  Egads.  

Crazy stories here.

General Malaise said:
Just saw a picture of this Alex Murdaugh fella......has anybody ever seen him and Raiders' owner Mark Davis in the same room together?  I swear they are doppelgangers.  Two of the ugliest men I've ever seen in my life.  Egads.  

Crazy stories here.
If you showed me a picture and told me it was Conan O'Brien after a tragic beekeeping accident, I wouldn't have even questioned it.

CletiusMaximus said:
This seems the most likely explanation under the circumstances, but honestly gotta say "gunshot wound to the head" is an incredibly bold coverup strategy.

Supposedly there's video  from the nearby church. Also reports that they found the knife that slashed Alexs tires....

@MandyMatney: BREAKING: Multiple sources familiar with the investigation into the Alex Murdaugh shooting have confirmed to @Fitsnews that the knife used to puncture a run-flat tire on his SUV has been recovered.

That knife has been linked to Alex Murdaugh.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/09/08/sources-investigators-recover-knife-used-to-puncture-alex-murdaughs-tire/

Supposedly there's video  from the nearby church. Also reports that they found the knife that slashed Alexs tires....

@MandyMatney: BREAKING: Multiple sources familiar with the investigation into the Alex Murdaugh shooting have confirmed to @Fitsnews that the knife used to puncture a run-flat tire on his SUV has been recovered.

That knife has been linked to Alex Murdaugh.

https://www.fitsnews.com/2021/09/08/sources-investigators-recover-knife-used-to-puncture-alex-murdaughs-tire/
I'm not saying this isn't true, but I would be careful with relying on this site (Fitsnews) so much. Particularly when it comes to anonymous sourcing.

This is like redneck Fargo.

Biggest question I have right now is - what insurance company was dumb enough to write a 10 Mil policy on this guy?
One odd issue here is that a suicide exclusion clause in a life insurance policy typically expires after 1-3 years, but the “hired a guy to murder me” insurance fraud approach almost certainly voids the policy entirely. So it’s either a very recent policy, or he doesn’t understand how life insurance works, or the prevailing theory that he orchestrated this to generate death benefits for his remaining heir doesn’t add up. 

One odd issue here is that a suicide exclusion clause in a life insurance policy typically expires after 1-3 years, but the “hired a guy to murder me” insurance fraud approach almost certainly voids the policy entirely. So it’s either a very recent policy, or he doesn’t understand how life insurance works, or the prevailing theory that he orchestrated this to generate death benefits for his remaining heir doesn’t add up. 
The fraud angle could still fit with the rest, if, like many insurance fraud episodes:

1. It would only void the policy if he gets caught (i.e. the company can show he hired someone to murder him), and

2. He assumed he won't get caught.

Not to suggest that's proof of fraud, just suggesting it's still possible and could fit with the rest of the current info.

It looks like it was a staged "hit" so his son could collect a 10 million dollar insurance claim. 

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1438015988499374082
Just saw the story on USA Today, remembered it from here and was going to post that link. The family has a history of being involved in apparently shady things, and while I hope this guy gets the help he says he needs, I must question his intelligence for this. He had to have known that this was going to be investigated, but then again, he is a lawyer, so I suppose it can’t be helped.

Users who are viewing this thread