What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Another FBG subscriber contest (3 Viewers)

Submitted my 50 tonight, no errors.

Love the idea. Lot of picks to make though, wish there were less. I just whizzed through them at about 2 seconds per pick. If there were 10-20 picks to make I'd actually do a bit of research. Maybe I'll be more accurate without research, lol.

It's odd that you can only do 50 a day and need at least 150 answered to qualify for prizes. Means you need to do it for 3 out of the 4 days it's offered. Not everyone comes to the site that often. I'd recommend allowing the full 150 in a day in three rounds of 50 questions each, unless there is some technological limitation.
Increasing site traffic could possibly be one of the benefits for this....just saying....

It's odd that you can only do 50 a day and need at least 150 answered to qualify for prizes. Means you need to do it for 3 out of the 4 days it's offered. Not everyone comes to the site that often. I'd recommend allowing the full 150 in a day in three rounds of 50 questions each, unless there is some technological limitation.
:goodposting:

Still very much a work in progress, but here is a rough draft of the other end of it.

FBG community wisdom, updated every hour.
I'm not sure how much community wisdom is in there. As others have pointed out, 50 questions seems to be way too many. I think most people are going to spend about 2 seconds on each question and are just going to pick the bigger names rather than look at the actual individual matchups each week.

Couple things:

1. I'll talk this over with Joe and David, but it seems likely that we'll be cutting down the number of questions, per your feedback. Maybe 25 per day and a minimum of 60 for the week to qualify.

2. As stated in the rules, the season contest doesn't include week 1, because we knew there would be some bugs. We'll still give a weekly prize, but week one is basically a preseason game for us (as the announcers always say, "it's preseason for the refs too"). It'll stay Shark Pool only this week, so a better chances for everyone reading this than there will be next week.

3. I'll have to see how Massaquoi slipped in there, but I'll bet he drops pretty quickly. We shall see.

1. I'll talk this over with Joe and David, but it seems likely that we'll be cutting down the number of questions, per your feedback. Maybe 25 per day and a minimum of 60 for the week to qualify.
:thumbup: I think this will lead to MUCH better quality answers.

My answers for today. I totally agree with reducing it to 25 questions.

Michael Vick / Matt Schaub inserted.

Eli Manning / Ryan Fitzpatrick inserted.

Tony Romo / Kevin Kolb inserted.

Drew Brees / Josh Freeman inserted.

Kyle Orton / Jay Cutler inserted.

Bernard Scott / Derrick Ward inserted.

Pierre Thomas / James Starks inserted.

Daniel Thomas / Michael Bush inserted.

Peyton Hillis / Darren McFadden inserted.

Willis McGahee / Thomas Jones inserted.

Ryan Grant / James Starks inserted.

Derrick Ward / Roy Helu inserted.

Ahmad Bradshaw / BenJarvus Green-Ellis inserted.

LeSean McCoy / Matt Forte inserted.

Mike Tolbert / Marshawn Lynch inserted.

Calvin Johnson / Mike Wallace inserted.

Mike Sims-Walker / Steve Smith inserted.

Arrelious Benn / Austin Collie inserted.

Andre Roberts / Jeremy Maclin inserted.

Malcom Floyd / Davone Bess inserted.

Santana Moss / Mike Sims-Walker inserted.

Steve Smith / Malcom Floyd inserted.

Nate Burleson / Mike Williams inserted.

Santonio Holmes / Kenny Britt inserted.

Lee Evans / Roy Williams inserted.

Rob Gronkowski / Dallas Clark inserted.

Ben Watson / Jared Cook inserted.

Antonio Gates / Owen Daniels inserted.

Ben Watson / Fred Davis inserted.

Antonio Gates / Dallas Clark inserted.

Dez Bryant / Brandon Jacobs inserted.

Antonio Gates / Roy Williams inserted.

Marques Colston / Jason Witten inserted.

Felix Jones / Roddy White inserted.

Wes Welker / Jimmy Graham inserted.

Thomas Jones / Roy Williams inserted.

Thomas Jones / Austin Collie inserted.

Mario Manningham / Joseph Addai inserted.

Julio Jones / Marcedes Lewis inserted.

Vernon Davis / Mike Wallace inserted.

Nick Folk / Matt Prater inserted.

Nate Kaeding / Stephen Gostkowski inserted.

Josh Scobee / Adam Vinatieri inserted.

Neil Rackers / Nate Kaeding inserted.

Sebastian Janikowski / Jason Hanson inserted.

Philadelphia Eagles / Chicago Bears inserted.

New England Patriots / Pittsburgh Steelers inserted.

New York Giants / Houston Texans inserted.

Detroit Lions / Carolina Panthers inserted.

Seattle Seahawks / Green Bay Packers inserted.

I LOVE this idea. Well done. I'm really, really curious to see the success of the collective wisdom, if we get critical mass.

1. Need an easy link on MyFBG to enter for the day, see past picks,etc.

2. Gotta give some of us a pass for yesterday's bug.

3. Would love to see the WOC results posted in real-time so I can use to make my real line-up decisions.

1. Need an easy link on MyFBG to enter for the day, see past picks,etc.2. Gotta give some of us a pass for yesterday's bug.3. Would love to see the WOC results posted in real-time so I can use to make my real line-up decisions.
:mellow:See posts 54 & 58 above.

1. Need an easy link on MyFBG to enter for the day, see past picks,etc.2. Gotta give some of us a pass for yesterday's bug.3. Would love to see the WOC results posted in real-time so I can use to make my real line-up decisions.
I'm pretty sure we'll see a link on the front page after week 1, because this is just the soft release/beta week.

I feel like I'm the only one at 150 questions answered so far. Not much discussion about this.

I was half expecting to see some of the questions this morning include players from last night's game, but it looks like you guys nipped that potential bug early. :thumbup:

I feel like I'm the only one at 150 questions answered so far. Not much discussion about this.I was half expecting to see some of the questions this morning include players from last night's game, but it looks like you guys nipped that potential bug early. :thumbup:
I've answered all 150 questions. Not much to discuss though since its simple either or questions and it seems like which questions people get are random.

I feel like I'm the only one at 150 questions answered so far. Not much discussion about this.I was half expecting to see some of the questions this morning include players from last night's game, but it looks like you guys nipped that potential bug early. :thumbup:
I've answered all 150 questions. Not much to discuss though since its simple either or questions and it seems like which questions people get are random.
Strategy wise, it's probably a good idea not to answer the kicker questions unless one of the kickers is out with injury and showed up anyway.

'Anonymous Internet User said:
'Modog814 said:
'butcher boy said:
Strategy wise, it's probably a good idea not to answer the kicker questions unless one of the kickers is out with injury and showed up anyway.
Interesting idea. Looking at this as purely a contest it makes good sense, however, it goes against what FBG's are trying to achieve here. Personally I don't see the point of the "no vote" option. I see this as less of a contest and more of an exercise. The prizes are the incentive to compete. So I'm not sure why you'd allow someone not to answer a question.

So for those of you who have answered these questions. How many of you have used the comments section? Did you do it for a few or all?

As for "no vote", I agree with modog... doesn't really serve a purpose.

So for those of you who have answered these questions. How many of you have used the comments section? Did you do it for a few or all? As for "no vote", I agree with modog... doesn't really serve a purpose.
i havent used the comments at all

I look at the "No Vote" really as a way to have a default setting to start from. That said, "No Vote" is for wimps :)

I've answered 150 questions as well. I hope to do good but who the heck knows :shrug:

Love that FBG is willing to think outside the box and try something new like this.

-QG

Basically 'Hot or Not', just 15 years behind.

I like it!

The results don't seem to be matching the great idea yet though...Collie is painfully low.

Can someone put a link to this under Contests on the main page menu? Can't seem to find a link to it anywhere. :)

Can someone put a link to this under Contests on the main page menu? Can't seem to find a link to it anywhere. :)
I believe the Turk said that for this warm-up week it's not going live to the main page - just going to be shown in the Shark Pool. -QG

Basically 'Hot or Not', just 15 years behind.I like it!The results don't seem to be matching the great idea yet though...Collie is painfully low.
I think the Collie ranking is indicative of a community that is afraid of the Indy passing game. That tells me something and if I do feel strongly enough about Collie then I know I need to act now while this level of uncertainty exists concerning his value.

'griff321 said:
Basically 'Hot or Not', just 15 years behind.I like it!The results don't seem to be matching the great idea yet though...Collie is painfully low.
I think the Collie ranking is indicative of a community that is afraid of the Indy passing game. That tells me something and if I do feel strongly enough about Collie then I know I need to act now while this level of uncertainty exists concerning his value.
This brings up a good point. In regards to getting a much better indication of public opinion on a player. For example, Warrior seems to think that Collie is being underrated in this, while the "rest of the public" seems to disagree. It could present a good opportunity to gauge Collies "public" perception and then throw some trade offers out there. Especially if this could be extended to a going forward concept too (meaning question would be Rodgers or Vick for rest of season, not just this weeks game).

This sounds really cool. I look forward to it. I also don't think that 50 questions a day is too much. Though if comments on player comparisons is desired then I agree with above posters. I am more likely to comment on my choice if I had less choices to make.

Looking forward to starting this next week! :boxing:

This sounds really cool. I look forward to it. I also don't think that 50 questions a day is too much. Though if comments on player comparisons is desired then I agree with above posters. I am more likely to comment on my choice if I had less choices to make. Looking forward to starting this next week! :boxing:
I'm not getting the point of the comment field. Either not a single person left a single comment or they're not available for public viewing, so what's the point of it?

105 participants answered the requisite 125+ questions this week, so your chances are relatively good if you did (EV of about two bucks!).

Next week, it'll be....

25 questions per day (3 QB, 5 RB, 5 WR, 3 TE, 5 FLEX, 2 PK, 2 TD)

60 question minimum to qualify

And we'll be opening it up beyond the Shark Pool.

Can we get this pinned (especially with a subtitle that says -- VOTE ONCE per day W-TH-FRI-SAT-- as I completely forgot about this (save the first day that I did it), or maybe a link on the footballguys.com homepage near 'week 1 content'

Don't worry hipple. You'll get much more frequent reminders --- both on the weekly content page, and maybe even in your myfbg home page --- in the coming weeks. This was a preseason game for the system, so we kept it a little quiet. The overall season contest does not include week 1 scores, so you didn't hurt yourself there.

Given the contest is brand spanking new are there any plans for an easy way to track our picks after the games conclude? (i.e. the individual results themselves not just total points). Curious how I'm doing in this :)

-QG

Given the contest is brand spanking new are there any plans for an easy way to track our picks after the games conclude? (i.e. the individual results themselves not just total points). Curious how I'm doing in this :) -QG
Agreed, If I am doing terrible, I definitely want confirmation. Of course in my mind, my picks are ideal. ;)

I think that along with dropping the questions down to 25 (I don't mind 50 but I imagine many will) you should require that all questions be answered to avoid what the poster above suggests.

Incidentally, the crowd answered 53.3% of the questions correctly in week one.
7 "losses" vs 1 "win" on my kicker picks before wising up and not answering those. Oof. If I didn't pick any kickers, I would have cracked top 10.
Crowd percentages by position:QB: 57.9%RB: 53.5%WR: 52.1%TE: 51.9%FLEX: 54.0%PK: 47.7%TD: 55.7%Random trivia: the crowd was 36% on questions involving Titans, but 68% on questions involving Lions.

Users who are viewing this thread