What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AP's tragic situation (1 Viewer)

We (all of us) are pitiful. When we say "Hey, Hernandez hasn't been found guilty of anything yet," people say "Shut up! We are speculating and that is ok.

When we speculate, someone says "Show some compassion."

When we show compassion (like a few years ago asking if anyone knew is Jeremy Maclin was really sick with a disease, people blasted "Oh get over yourself, you just want to know if he is going to help your FF team this year."

THe facts are, things like this (and worse) happen thousands of times a day and are probably happening in your community. But we only talk about it here because it is AP. I don't recall seeing anyone start every morning with "Guys, pray for my neighbor Mrs. Gillicutty...her husband had a stroke last night."

So let's be honest and real and move on.

History tends to show us that athletes play more than they don't play when tradgedy strikes. So it really just comes down to Peterson, as a man and his opinion becuase the team will let him play if he wants and they will support him if he doesn't.

Like someone above said, if it were me, I am with family and I'm sure my team and fans will understand. If they don't, they can pound sand. That's my boy.

But with AP, we will see and no one should judge, either way because we all grieve or take out our frustrations in different ways. Respect it and move on.
:goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting: :goodposting:

/thread

Just horrible. Sad this kid wasn't living with his father. This could have been easily avoided.
How could this have been easily avoided, you do not even know the facts or what happened.
Maybe I don't but I thought that the kid was beaten by the boyfriend of AP's baby momma in some apartment? Is that not correct? I'm pretty sure this situation goes down different had he been living with his dad in one of his mansions.
So having kids live with the mother is bad when the parents are separated?

Not really? How is asking the simple question "Will AP play Sunday?" inconsiderate?
It's a completely pointless question at the moment, so why even go there?

No one can possibly answer it except for AP, and the entire Internet will know as soon as he wants them to.

Pipes said:
While Phenix is abrasive and sometimes, ok pretty much always an ### in here he's spot on in this instance.
Not really? How is asking the simple question "Will AP play Sunday?" inconsiderate? We're not directly tweeting at him and it's not like any of us aren't caring and hoping his son comes out of this okay. But this is a fantasy forum. Should we not discuss AP's status for Sunday? Instead we should just all start him blindly and hope he plays. And if he doesn't, start him to show our support for his child. And possibly lose money in your fantasy leagues because that's how dedicated we are to showing support for AP!
Because no one knows what's going to happen this Sunday. The Vikings don't know and I doubt even AP knows so what's the point of speculating about it when there is a chance a man's son could die? Oh wait your pretend team could be negatively impacted by this...my bad. This seems like a time to just let the news come in and see what happen rather than conjure up fantasy scenarios that really don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. What's next? Should I trade Adrian Peterson because...? People take this hobby way too seriously sometimes.
This was posted in the Shark Pool which is supposed to be for "fantasy football strategy discussion" so while I can understand why most would be more concerned for the welfare of the child involved in this tragic situation, it doesn't make sense to kill a guy just for asking a question that many were probably also thinking about. It may have been a little too soon for some, but at some point this conversation was inevitably going to turn to whether or not AP will play on Sunday as people are going to have to set their lineups, etc. so eventually someone was going to be the first person to ask the question. If people wanted a topic devoted strictly to the tragedy itself, perhaps it should have been posted in the Free For All which is supposed to be where non-fantasy football related topics go. :shrug:

Deadspin quoting city pages saying that it's not actually AP's kid.
CityPages 'source' is some random person who sent an email. I'll hold my "Thank God it's not APs kid" until we get some more concrete information.

Not really? How is asking the simple question "Will AP play Sunday?" inconsiderate?

No one can possibly answer it except for AP, and the entire Internet will know as soon as he wants them to.
Stupid question, not inconsiderate.
Thank you, finally someone here who understands the definitions of words.

You shouldn't make jokes about a situation like this nor should you worry about fantasy implications under these circumstances.

Priorities, folks.
It's a fantasy football board. If we cannot talk about it here, then we can't talk about it at all?

This isn't about priorities. There is nothing I can do for AP except pray for him, his son, and their family.

But that doesn't make a discussion about fantasy football implications inconsiderate. If I spoke about it in front of AP, THAT would be inconsiderate.

Stupid question, not inconsiderate.
Thank you, finally someone here who understands the definitions of words.
Asking a stupid question in a sensitive thread is inconsiderate.

CityPages 'source' is some random person who sent an email. I'll hold my "Thank God it's not APs kid" until we get some more concrete information.
Its still tragic no matter whose kid it is.
Did I say it wasn't? Jesus man, go away. Seriously.
So you'll be happy it's not APs kid but some unknown toddler is fine with you. Disgusting take, you need help.
Hmmmm, someone else wants you to go away.

Go to another thread titles ADP or Gerharts production this week, and not a thread title tragic incident.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pipes said:
While Phenix is abrasive and sometimes, ok pretty much always an ### in here he's spot on in this instance.
Not really? How is asking the simple question "Will AP play Sunday?" inconsiderate? We're not directly tweeting at him and it's not like any of us aren't caring and hoping his son comes out of this okay. But this is a fantasy forum. Should we not discuss AP's status for Sunday? Instead we should just all start him blindly and hope he plays. And if he doesn't, start him to show our support for his child. And possibly lose money in your fantasy leagues because that's how dedicated we are to showing support for AP!
Because no one knows what's going to happen this Sunday. The Vikings don't know and I doubt even AP knows so what's the point of speculating about it when there is a chance a man's son could die? Oh wait your pretend team could be negatively impacted by this...my bad. This seems like a time to just let the news come in and see what happen rather than conjure up fantasy scenarios that really don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. What's next? Should I trade Adrian Peterson because...? People take this hobby way too seriously sometimes.
This pretty much nails it. I guess we can't expect people that are brain dead enough that they would think it's even appropriate to be bringing that stuff up in this particular thread to be smart enough to realize that asking about his status for Sunday within an hour of the news broke won't yield a single bit of info anyway.

Saying "it's a fantasy football site" doesn't somehow absolve you of being a self centered, inconsiderate, jerk.

Any person with half a brain would see this news and think "man, that really sucks. I would imagine he's totally messed up right now. No way would play in that situation. I'll stick him on my bench assuming he won't play. Hopefully it's not as bad as they think and his son gets better quickly. If that happens I'm sure it will be all over the different news sites like Rotoworld and I can put him back in my lineup at that point. But for now, I hope his son is OK and that Peterson can be with him."

Only a moron couldn't reason that out quickly and only a moron that revels in his lack of empathy would go one step further and reveal how much of a moron he is by posting to a message board within an hour of the news breaking to ask if Peterson would play.

So you'll be happy it's not APs kid but some unknown toddler is fine with you. Disgusting take, you need help.
Can people learn how to read? Did I say "Thank God it's not APs kid and just some random little child. Now everything is right with the world"? No... I didn't. I can't be happy for Adrian Peterson that it isn't his child while still being disgusted at what happened to the actual child?

You people need to friggin relax.

You shouldn't make jokes about a situation like this nor should you worry about fantasy implications under these circumstances.

Priorities, folks.
It's a fantasy football board. If we cannot talk about it here, then we can't talk about it at all?

This isn't about priorities. There is nothing I can do for AP except pray for him, his son, and their family.

But that doesn't make a discussion about fantasy football implications inconsiderate. If I spoke about it in front of AP, THAT would be inconsiderate.
Make a thread about 'AP's Availability this Weekend' then. Not post about it in a thread discussing a 2 year old child in critical condition.

Pipes said:
Any person with half a brain would see this news and think "man, that really sucks. I would imagine he's totally messed up right now. No way would play in that situation. I'll stick him on my bench assuming he won't play. Hopefully it's not as bad as they think and his son gets better quickly. If that happens I'm sure it will be all over the different news sites like Rotoworld and I can put him back in my lineup at that point. But for now, I hope his son is OK and that Peterson can be with him."
You shouldn't be thinking of fantasy implications and put him on your bench. That's inconsiderate.

Priorities, folks.

Make a thread about 'AP's Availability this Weekend' then. Not post about it in a thread discussing a 2 year old child in critical condition.
Sounds good. And move the entire thread to the FFA.

Just horrible. Sad this kid wasn't living with his father. This could have been easily avoided.
How could this have been easily avoided, you do not even know the facts or what happened.
Maybe I don't but I thought that the kid was beaten by the boyfriend of AP's baby momma in some apartment? Is that not correct? I'm pretty sure this situation goes down different had he been living with his dad in one of his mansions.
So having kids live with the mother is bad when the parents are separated?
Many times in the NFL, if the woman is the "baby momma" she is a hanger on who the athlete banged without protection and then pays off. If this is the case here then yes, the situation could have been easily avoided.

Maybe people shouldnt jump to that assumption though, maybe this was a long term relationship that resulted in pregnancy and it didnt work out, leaving AP no reason to think the upstanding mother would be hanging around low lifes who would do this?

Priorities, folks.

This thread hasn't been about the kid since... ever. The news broke and this thread immediately devolved into a pissing match over who is being more sensitive, who is being a jerk, and who is holier-than-thou.

It's never been about the kid.

ADP's kid or not, this is terrible.... I know child raising isn't for everyone and it can but frustiting but what would make a grown man beat a small child to critical condition. Pay back will be coming in jail buddy.

Priorities, folks.

Sounds good. And move the entire thread to the FFA.
I agree with that.

Its still tragic no matter whose kid it is.
Did I say it wasn't? Jesus man, go away. Seriously.
You are a self righteous jerk. What you said sickens me.
Seriously? Really? Relax.

People really need to learn to read and not put words into others mouths on these boards. And understand, #### like this happens EVERY SINGLE DAY, hundreds of times a day. If this was never assumed to be Adrian Peterson's child nobody would have ever even heard about it. It would have been filed away with all the other hundreds and thousands of tragedies that happen every day in this world. If you took the time to be sad about every single situation that occurred like this you'd probably kill yourself from the depression.

I never said it's good that it's not AP's kid and thank god it's someone else's child. So don't pretend like I did.

Priorities, folks.

Yeah, pretty much right on. This is a FANTASY FOOTBALL FORUM. If you want to post a 30 paragraph thoughts and prayers memo, that's fine also. But don't sit on your high horse and crack on people who can manage to still care about their fantasy teams through this.

You can call it being insensitive, but I will call you out as being OVER sensitive regarding a situation you know nothing about, and dealing with people who you do not know at all personally.

It's not like people wondering if AP is gonna play this week are sitting here not caring about his kid at all, or think that AP should play even if his kid is about to die or something. It's simply a legit question that is perfectly approppriate given that this is a forum for those questions.

No reason to snipe at each other here. Nobody here is only concerned about their fantasy team. I'm sure everyone is shocked and disgusted at what happened. If someone asks a fantasy-related question, it's only because this is a fantasy football board. This isn't in the FFA section. Don't assume your morals are stronger than someone else's because they asked a fantasy question and you didn't. This is just a public message board.

The real lesson here is, if you're the parent of a young child you have to be careful who you have around them. They can't defend themselves against your bad decisions. If you don't know them well enough to make that determination, you don't know them well enough to let them around your baby.

Did I just read correctly? Several people on here think this is Peterson's fault?????
Yup, seems like there are a lot of people here who know a lot more about AP, his kid, the kid's mom, her lifestyle, or APs involvement in the kids life than this thread or any linked article suggests.

Either that or they are assuming a heck of a lot of things.

Anyone else notice that a few of the biggest ####### trolls on the entire board, like Phenix and Keith Lewis, have suddenly come into this thread and want to talk about decency? I find that bother ironic and hilarious.

Did I just read correctly? Several people on here think this is Peterson's fault?????
Yup, seems like there are a lot of people here who know a lot more about AP, his kid, the kid's mom, her lifestyle, or APs involvement in the kids life than this thread or any linked article suggests.

Either that or they are assuming a heck of a lot of things.
lol, I dont care what the situation was, unless AP beat the kid himself, not sure how would be his fault.

And for the people wondering why the kid is with his mom, lol is all I can do.

Priorities, folks.

Yeah, pretty much right on. This is a FANTASY FOOTBALL FORUM. If you want to post a 30 paragraph thoughts and prayers memo, that's fine also. But don't sit on your high horse and crack on people who can manage to still care about their fantasy teams through this.

You can call it being insensitive, but I will call you out as being OVER sensitive regarding a situation you know nothing about, and dealing with people who you do not know at all personally.

It's not like people wondering if AP is gonna play this week are sitting here not caring about his kid at all, or think that AP should play even if his kid is about to die or something. It's simply a legit question that is perfectly approppriate given that this is a forum for those questions.
You know what I am doing with Peterson on my roster? I am leaving him in my lineup until I hear otherwise.

You know what I'll do if he doesn't play? Put someone else in.

You know what I was expecting to read when I came in this thread? I was expecting to read about 'AP's tragic situation'. Not 'Is AP playing this weekend?'

You know what I'll do when I see a thread about his availability this weekend? Discuss his availability.

Thanks.

Anyone who harms a innocent child deserves to be punished with the wrath of Hell...

We punish people severely for drug offenses... yet these sick people that harm kids seem to always slip through the cracks...

Some good old fashion justice is in need for these losers...

Classic Hanging in the town square...show all criminals that want to commit sick acts....that nobody will tolerate this non-sense

i'm guessing someone on the vikings knows some people who know some people that might share a prison with this guy.

knock knock, mother####er.

Priorities, folks.
So, what should AP owners do, then? What should their priorities be, in your view?
Get on with your life?
I'm not an AP owner so I have no stake in this bickering, but I'm genuinely curious at statements like "Priorities, folks". I have to wonder what people expect AP owners to do. How long does it take to say a prayer? What do you do after that - if you're even the praying type? When someone says "you should get your priorities straight" it implies that something is important enough to be a priority... so what should an AP's owner's priorities be, exactly?

Beyond just "get on with your life", which isn't really helpful in this context.

To sum up this thread for people just joining:

Apparently it's Peterson's fault his child was with his mother.

People are wondering whether Peterson will play five minutes after we here the first vague details.

People are mad with some who are curious about fantasy football on a fantasy football message board.

This thread man...this thread.

To sum up this thread for people just joining:

Apparently it's Peterson's fault his child was with his mother.

People are wondering whether Peterson will play five minutes after we here the first vague details.

People are mad with some who are curious about fantasy football on a fantasy football message board.

This thread man...this thread.
I think you can sum it up thusly:

"YOU'RE A JERK!"

"NO, YOU'RE A JERK!"

"NO, YOU'RE A JERK!"

"NO, YOU'RE A JERK!"

"NO, YOU'RE A JERK!"

"NO, YOU'RE A JERK!"

"NO, YOU'RE A JERK!"

ad infinitum

Move this thread to the FFA.

Create a thread discussing possible fantasy implications in the Shark Pool.

Act accordingly.

Users who are viewing this thread