What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bands you should like, but don't. (1 Viewer)

Rush
Radiohead
Greta Van Fleet
Arcade Fire

Zeppelin…I’m fine if I never hear another song of theirs, but I do appreciate them. Plants vocals just grate on me anymore

Bands I just don’t care for
U2
Van Halen

I mean I can tolerate a few songs but usually an instant channel change outside of Hot For Teacher

Dream Theater
I'm a hard rock/metal guy and they are all supposedly great musicians but I find them mostly terrible and boring.
This is a main one for me as well. I dig the proggy metal, but I can't do the vocals and I just get heavy pretentious doosh vibes when I listen.

I'll stick my neck out farther and as a 90s kid the main one for me was Nirvana. They were always my least favorite of the main Seattle bands, and still don't get the love they receive over the other bands. I can't remember the last time I purposely listened to them.

Knowing they are Rolling Stone gods seals the deal for me.
This seems like a really odd reason not to like a band. I haven’t looked at a Rolling Stone magazine (print or digital) in 30 years.

If you hated the magazine so much, that it influences your musical taste, how would you even know they are treated like Gods by the magazine? Do you hate read it each month?
I quit my subscription 30 years ago.

Not a fan of Robert plant’s voice
Plants overdone whininess ruins a lot of their songs.

The same for AC DC who added screaming to the whiny singing.
Axl Rose distorts his voice in a really bad way. It works for a couple of their songs but gets annoying really quickly.

Last edited:
Radiohead- have always loved one song, but no matter how many times I try anything else is a swing-and-a-miss
Try the first record again. It has Creep, but it also has alot of great little rock tunes. Most Radioheadd fans sleep on it now for whatever reasons, but it's really good and straightforward imo.

Funny thing is you can do that with many bands. The first records are often pretty raw but authentic. Not taking that bait, but Arcade Fire for example.

Death Cab for Cutie.

Sometimes I just let the Algorithm present me with music and sure enough, everytime DCfC comes on my reaction is "wtf is that?".

The one I don't get is how people who like that kind of music don't like Wilco, must be the voice

I have a lot though, so I probably do get it

Kind of random but Presidents of the United States of America. I like most of the rock music of that era, all my friends generally enjoyed their hits. I can’t stand their music though. Just find it so annoying.

Rolling Stones, never understood the hype, and despite being a massive rock and classic rock fan I’m hard-pressed to find one song I like from them.

Last edited:
Radiohead- have always loved one song, but no matter how many times I try anything else is a swing-and-a-miss
Try the first record again. It has Creep, but it also has alot of great little rock tunes. Most Radioheadd fans sleep on it now for whatever reasons, but it's really good and straightforward imo.

Funny thing is you can do that with many bands. The first records are often pretty raw but authentic. Not taking that bait, but Arcade Fire for example.

Don't try and convert the Radiohead ignorant. We don't want them liking Radiohead. It fortifies my belief that they're the best band on the planet.

Kind of random but Presidents of the United States of America. I like most of the rock music of that era, all my friends generally enjoyed their hits. I can’t stand their music though. Just find it so annoying.

Horrible band. You're on the right side of this one.
I loved them when I was 12. I forgot about them for a couple decades then tried listening to them again when our kids starting getting into music. They aged horribly.

I love 90s alternative. Ergo, I should love Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stone Age, and U2 but I don’t.

Dream Theater
I'm a hard rock/metal guy and they are all supposedly great musicians but I find them mostly terrible and boring.
I agree on this one. I’m a prog/jazz fusion guy and can’t get in to them at all. Also, outside of maybe 1 or 2 songs, Genesis should be someone I like, but don’t.

Really? That is a weird one.

Lump sat alone in a boggy marsh
Totally emotionless except for her heart
Mud flowed up into lump's pajamas
She totally confused all the passing piranhas
She's lump, she's lump
She's in my head
She's lump, she's lump, she's lump
She might be dead
Lump lingered last in line for brains
And the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
Small things so sad that birds could land
Is lump fast asleep or rockin' out with the band?
She's lump, she's lump
She's in my head
She might be dead
Lump was limp and lonely and needed a shove
Lump slipped on a kiss and tumbled into love
She spent her twenties between the sheets
And life limped along at sub-sonic speeds
She's lump, she's lump
She's in my head
She might be dead
Is this lump outta my head?
I think so
I think so
I think so

The one that comes to mind here is the Foo Fighters. I usually like what I hear, but have never felt compelled to try and see them live or dive into their catalogue.
Grohl has always seemed inauthentic, like he is putting on an act.
In my opinion, he should get an Oscar for his acting then. I've always thought he was a great guy that loves music and is so happy he gets to play for a living.

I agree on some of the Bowie sentiment....I love some of his stuff and some of his stuff I don't get at all.

Peak Bowie was before my time so I may not get it.

Users who are viewing this thread