What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Blueprint Juice Diet (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Anyone ever do this thing? You basically drink nothing but fruit juice for three days. The downside is it tastes terrible, and it's expensive. The upside is it's great for lazy people like Otis.Don't worry, I'll keep you posted. :porked:

Last edited by a moderator:
The site is totally geared towards wimmen. There's a whole page showing pictures of brides. "Try not to be a fat pig on your wedding day." :bag:

This is a weight-loss thing?
I mean, you drink vegetables and ingest nothing else. I sure as hell hope so.
It looks more like a colon-blow thing than a diet thing. You can't lose that much weight in 3 days without doing anything. And if you want low calories, I've read you should read the fruits/vegetables rather than drinking the juice. You fill up much more for the same calories.But.... you should do it. What could go wrong?

It looks more like a colon-blow thing than a diet thing. You can't lose that much weight in 3 days without doing anything. And if you want low calories, I've read you should read the fruits/vegetables rather than drinking the juice. You fill up much more for the same calories.But.... you should do it. What could go wrong?
It's a jump start on a diet thing. Also, you have a couple prep days where you basically cut all the crap out before you start it. So my juice gets delivered tomorrow afternoon, I start the next day. Today I ate a banana, a salad with no meat and no dressing (it looked like what you empty out of a lawnmower), and one of those greek yogurts. I've got some almonds to let loose in a bit and get really wild.So at the end of the week is it possible I lost 10lbs? I bet maybe.

It's a jump start on a diet thing. Also, you have a couple prep days where you basically cut all the crap out before you start it. So my juice gets delivered tomorrow afternoon, I start the next day. Today I ate a banana, a salad with no meat and no dressing (it looked like what you empty out of a lawnmower), and one of those greek yogurts. I've got some almonds to let loose in a bit and get really wild.So at the end of the week is it possible I lost 10lbs? I bet maybe.
No working out just switching from steaks and chocolate-covered crackers to juice? I bet not.

No working out just switching from steaks and chocolate-covered crackers to juice? I bet not.
BLACKDOT

Looks like these things range from 21g to 45g of sugar per serving, this isn't going to help you much. May as well go on a Coca-Cola diet.

How tall are you again? Notebook says 6'3"ish?

6'4"

Looks like these things range from 21g to 45g of sugar per serving, this isn't going to help you much. May as well go on a Coca-Cola diet.
Look, if I can't trust that mashed up fruits and vegetables will get the job done, then I just give up. I'm not eating any of that weird space food you people eat.

6'4"
And how heavy these days?

I can see this becoming a full-blown juice thing for Otis, though. There's something about people who juice. I don't know what it is, but they become fanatics about it. Beets, celery, kale, spinach, whatever is in their crisper goes in and it becomes a daily thing.

Look, if I can't trust that mashed up fruits and vegetables will get the job done, then I just give up. I'm not eating any of that weird space food you people eat.
A diet of meats and vegetables isn't space food. If you want to consume that much sugar, you're going to have a bad time regardless of its source.

A diet of meats and vegetables isn't space food. If you want to consume that much sugar, you're going to have a bad time regardless of its source.
Gonna be hilarious when oat consumes nothing but fruit juice for an entire week and ends up gaining 5lbs.

Gonna be hilarious when oat consumes nothing but fruit juice for an entire week and ends up gaining 5lbs.
Doubt that happens, but per the website this is the only first step in weight loss. Not sure this is going to have the impact Otis is hoping for.

Doubt that happens, but per the website this is the only first step in weight loss. Not sure this is going to have the impact Otis is hoping for.
:hot:

Really this sums it up:

“Many people are undiagnosed diabetics, and these cleanses can cause spikes and crashes in blood sugar levels that could be quite dangerous,” said Nancy Kalish, a certified health coach in Brooklyn who advises clients against juice cleanses. “In addition, even if you have nothing wrong with you, this kind of cleansing puts a lot of stress on your body. Your body wants and expects food. And as with most crash diets, which is really what this is, your body thinks it’s starving. It doesn’t know it’s going to get more food. So it lowers your metabolism, and if you do this enough, it can lower your metabolism permanently.”
In other words doing this too much makes it harder to lose weight. Really all of these are fad diets. Want to lose weight? Take in less calories and get more exercise, skip the magical thinking.

So you're buying into this system which consists of consuming only 6 carbohydrate laden beverages per day? You do realize the reason you will lose weight is because that's only about 1,100 calories per day and you will be starving like a rabid dog? Why don't you simply eat only 1,100 calories of whole fruits and vegetables so you can save your money and not risk jacking up your system with who knows what that's in that crap? You and Woz need to Skype each other and discuss your secrets for looking fabulous.

Really this sums it up:

“Many people are undiagnosed diabetics, and these cleanses can cause spikes and crashes in blood sugar levels that could be quite dangerous,” said Nancy Kalish, a certified health coach in Brooklyn who advises clients against juice cleanses. “In addition, even if you have nothing wrong with you, this kind of cleansing puts a lot of stress on your body. Your body wants and expects food. And as with most crash diets, which is really what this is, your body thinks it’s starving. It doesn’t know it’s going to get more food. So it lowers your metabolism, and if you do this enough, it can lower your metabolism permanently.”
In other words doing this too much makes it harder to lose weight. Really all of these are fad diets. Want to lose weight? Take in less calories and get more exercise, skip the magical thinking. Do this for a week and report back.

Cut out the late night eating, snacks and start eating breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.. the weight will come off a whole lot more naturally.

Christ on a crutch! Where's everyone's sense of adventure? Will there be photos of you holding Teh Juice, Lana?

Dr. Gillow recalled one recent client who was “somewhat prone to magical thinking.”“She had a fantasy that juicing would rescue her from her overeating — and the underlying neediness,” she added. “So she juices intensely, loses 20 pounds, goes on a vegan diet for the next three months, breaks down, and resumes her romance with cheese fries. The weight quickly piles back on.”Another patient, Dr. Gillow said, “shows up in my office on Day 2 of a juice fast depressed and miserable. She essentially needs me to give her permission to stop juicing. She decides to give up this cycle of juicing and binging, goes on a moderate, portion-controlled diet. Eventually she loses weight. I see both these sorts of patients again and again.”
I'm thinking Otis is Day Two guy.

Cut out the late night eating, snacks and start eating breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper.. the weight will come off a whole lot more naturally.
I'll do that after.I get this isn't a long term solution, and it's hyper low calorie, but it seems like a good way to "reset" and start fresh without the daily habits. In any event, I can't imagine eating only fruits and vegetables for three days can be bad for you. Pleasant? No. Sustainable? Probably not. Bad? Come on.

Dr. Gillow recalled one recent client who was “somewhat prone to magical thinking.”“She had a fantasy that juicing would rescue her from her overeating — and the underlying neediness,” she added. “So she juices intensely, loses 20 pounds, goes on a vegan diet for the next three months, breaks down, and resumes her romance with cheese fries. The weight quickly piles back on.”Another patient, Dr. Gillow said, “shows up in my office on Day 2 of a juice fast depressed and miserable. She essentially needs me to give her permission to stop juicing. She decides to give up this cycle of juicing and binging, goes on a moderate, portion-controlled diet. Eventually she loses weight. I see both these sorts of patients again and again.”
I'm already that guy. Nowhere to go but up :thumbup:

Taking wagers?

Taking wagers?
Maybe we could establish a line.

I'm already that guy. Nowhere to go but up :thumbup:
Just pickin' GB. But really these Cleanses are more about parting you from your money than fat from your person.

Taking wagers?
I'll take #1. Oats loses 20 lbs by Memorial Day. Weighs 10+ pounds over his Memorial Day wieght by Super Bowl Monday next year.

Taking wagers?
I'll take #1. Oats loses 20 lbs by Memorial Day. Weighs 10+ pounds over his Memorial Day wieght by Super Bowl Monday next year.
So a long term thing. I like it.

Taking wagers?
I'm thinking he simply weighs +/- 5 lbs from his current weight by next Superbowl, unless he happens to time next year's diet cash with New Years.

I recommend watching the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It chronicles some people who do juice fasts and get pretty amazing results.

It's obviously not meant to be a long-term solution. But in the short term, if it works, it works.

I recommend watching the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead. It chronicles some people who do juice fasts and get pretty amazing results.

It's obviously not meant to be a long-term solution. But in the short term, if it works, it works.
If Maurile supports this, I'm pretty sure it's automatically a good idea. :thumbup:

Good Luck! Way to pickup the FFA while the AZ Ron thread slows down a little and the participants recover from Coshole! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread