What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving. (1 Viewer)

Looks like I'm going to take my first loss of the season(unless Rivers goes ape ####)

Left Cobb, Decker, and Walker on my bench.......really could have used those points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I'm stupid enough to keep playing in a TD-only league for big money.

Yes, my opponent picked up the Giants defense this week in bye-week desperation, despite them giving up 7 TDs last week.

Yes, they scored with no time on the clock after running in a TB fumble on a last-play "UM lateral the ball all over the place" play.

Yes, I lost a game that could very easily decide whether or not I get into the playoffs.

Yes, the dog is hiding under the bed.

Opponent in one league apparently forgot to submit a lineup for this week, and started only 6 active players for 10 slots (Ellington, Fitz, Hauschka, HOU DEF all on bye).

His 6 players? Dalton, Vereen, Cobb, Sanders, Eifert, and Olsen, for a total of 116 points.

If I don't get 12 out of Langford tomorrow, I lose to a guy with 40% of his starting lineup on bye. :bag:

ETA - oh, and I left Sammy on the bench.

My main league. 10 teamer with my childhood friends ... Last 4 weeks , have lost Charles, Foster and now Lewis. Had by far the strongest RB in the league at one time :(

Thank you Derek Carr for being awesome.

Unfortunately my already crappy RB corps took a hit with Dion Lewis out. My two starters are now Matt Jones and Melvin Gordon (and Gordon's out next week)

NFL.com non-ppr league

I'm losing 110-117. In my team, Jeremy Langford to play. In opponent's team, Jay Cutler to play.

Gilmore is on bye. The only TE that I can add now is John Phillips, Chargers TE2 (Green is out and Gates (probable)).

Was cruising undefeated in my league a few weeks ago. Proceeded to lose Arian Foster. That's ok, I got depth. Down goes Forte. Crap, well I still got some depth and WRs. See ya Keenan Allen. Ouch man, this sucks. I think I can still do it. Dion Lewis, you're next to go. Finally get Big Ben back. He's awesome again! Ah crap... WTF man. I still got a decent roster thanks to some depth i picked up along the way, but man this sucks....was loving my team, now I'm just ok with it.

Mr. Know-It-All said:
1-8 almost wrapped up. Played the #1 team, who had bye week issues at RB so he picked up Karlos Williams. My god this game is random. McCoy goes down, Williams goes off and his bye week play is his high scorer.
ETA - 5th of 12 in scoring, 11th of 12 in points against. 1-8 to show for it. Crazy. The team that is 12th in points against is 10th in points scored and is 5-4. Guess I need a better AD/scheduler.

I shouldn't change lineups on Sunday morning for anything other than injury.

Overthought my gut on Sunday morning. I'd picked up Langford on Tuesday and immediately started him (bancging McFadden).

As the week wore on, I let the concensus view get into my head.

McFadden was the safer play. Put McFadden back in.

More often than not, the Tuesday lineup is the best lineup. It's all gut.

My team is a dumpster fire. It was power ranked 4th out of 14 teams after the draft.

- Lacy is a fat ### and is about to be benched for Starks.

- Manning has noodle arms and has been dropped.

- Joseph Randle has psychological issues and has been dropped.

- Maclin has suffered from poor QB play.

- Steve Smith is out for the year.

- Dion Lewis is out for the year.

The only three decent players on my team that have produced well are Dalton, Peterson (sort of), and Jordan Reed.

I'm 2-7, with a 6-game losing streak and in 12th place. Out of playoff contension. Why do I do this to myself, year after year?

After starting 0-3, I've run off 6 wins in a row to be 6-3. 1st in the standings, 2nd in points scored. Losing Foster was disheartening, but almost everyone is losing someone this year. 7-6 almost always makes the playoffs, so for the first time I'm feeling really confident to at least do that. Can start thinking of positioning myself for stretch run rather than feel like I have to scratch and claw for every point every week.

Knocked off the undefeated heavyweight in the league, thanks to Antonio Brown blowing up, then Danny Woodhead's final catch of the night before Rivers got sacked into oblivion.

Pulled a win out of my ### to stay alive in my money league. Was up 9 pts with Langford & Lambo v Rivers & Floyd. Floyd got hurt, Rivers was quiet, and I pulled off an ugly win despite benching Davante Adams for Robert Woods (-20 pts there.)

Now 5-4, 1st in points, and playing the leader of my division who has a 2 game lead on me. 1 game back of the Wildcard as well, so this is literally a must win game.

First Dion Lewis, now Luck. I don't think my team can survive this unless the scheduling gods bestow some blessings upon my team

One simple tweak: Stop reading any websites or forums (except for injury reports) on Sunday morning.

Dammit. I've lost Steve Smiff & Dion Lewis. Then this Andrew Luck news. I wish I didn't hate the very existence of FanDuel & Draft Kings; otherwise I could be like everyone else & publicly contemplate switching entirely to DFS next year.

Ugg, this game can be so frustrating...a couple weeks ago I thought I would be marching to an easy championship in my big money league. Currently sitting 9-0, but its not looking good anymore.

Had:

Keenan Allen

Matt Forte

Dion Lewis

Freeman on a bye

Just benched Sanders for Colston

Starting Marcel Reese and CJ Spiller at RB this week

With Sanders out my new #1 WR is Willie Snead or Reuben Randle

Maybe Gronk and Jordan Reed will combine for 100 points

My teams are done. Dion Lewis on both teams. Gronk on one and Brady/LaFell on the other. Patriots aren't the same team.

Put me down as shocked about the performances by the Denver D and the Packers today. I really thought the Broncs would buzzsaw the Chiefs home, but I didn't count on Peyton looking like Joe Namath when he played for the Rams. And as for the Pack well they haven't lost at home to the Lions since 1991, I felt good about that one. Lorna more football to be played but podffdtttt.

1-4 to 6-4, Lions fire the front office and win in Wisconsin for first time since I was in middle school. Things looking better than a few weeks ago.

Started Brees (15.6 points) and Julius Thomas (4.4 points)

Cutler (30.62 points) and Richard Rodgers (14.2 points) on my bench

I need 38.2 points from Jeremy Hill to win the matchup. :tebow:

Man goose egg from Snead in a game with sixty total points scored is tough to swallow. Left seventeen points from hurns on my bench, that was the difference in my loss. Was worried about his injury. What can ya do :-/

#1 in points but drawing bad matchup after bad matchup all season, I've found myself chasing the guy in first in my division, 2 games up on me. I got to play him this week and take matters into my own hands.

Won 176-107.

1 game back now. 2 weeks to go. And now in the Wildcard driver's seat.

Let's Go!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Charcandrick West and Martavis Bryant on my bench.

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Charcandrick West and Martavis Bryant on my bench.

Grumble Grumble Grumble
Grumble Grumble Grumble

Martavis Bryant, Barnage, and Decker on my bench

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Still winning by 11.....my AJ vs his Blue

Started Cooper and Diggs over Cooks and Fitzgerald.

:wall:

I knew it was gonna be a tough choice and I was sure to make the wrong decision, but it just looks so freakin stupid right now.

Superflex league, had Rivers on bye, McCown and Big Ben hurt, so I picked up Landry Jones to start alongside Dalton.

of course, Jones gets hurt early, Big Ben comes in and has a huge game.......on my bench,

and to top it off, my opponent had Antonio Brown. :censored:

There goes my six game winning streak.

Man goose egg from Snead in a game with sixty total points scored is tough to swallow. Left seventeen points from hurns on my bench, that was the difference in my loss. Was worried about his injury. What can ya do :-/
What are you doing Starting Snead over Hurns at this point?? He was comiing into this week vs a weak Bal D and going for 7 straight tds. Snead is just a flex guy or bye filler come on bro. that's bad decision making, almost Like what the Lions would do :wall: :no: I can't even feel sorry for you it wasn't like it was a toss up Hurns is light years ahead of Snead. :loco:

Started Cooper and Diggs over Cooks and Fitzgerald.

:wall:

I knew it was gonna be a tough choice and I was sure to make the wrong decision, but it just looks so freakin stupid right now.
wow that is a tough one but I think I would have went with Cooper/Cooks which wasn't as bad but fitz in over cooper would be the play although I would have never thought that. Hard to bench cooks with the way Brees has been hitting him up last 3 weeks

If I win this week, I will have won the league high points 5 out of 10 weeks. Thinking of each week as a ten-sided die, I think its pretty good to win half the rolls. Is it possible to win high points ALL weeks in a competitive league? Has anyone ever done this or got close to doing this?

T with T said:
jawhoo said:
What are you doing Starting Snead over Hurns at this point?? He was comiing into this week vs a weak Bal D and going for 7 straight tds. Snead is just a flex guy or bye filler come on bro. that's bad decision making, almost Like what the Lions would do :wall: :no: I can't even feel sorry for you it wasn't like it was a toss up Hurns is light years ahead of Snead. :loco:
FWIW, my FBG rankings had Hurns #21 @ 14.0 projection and Snead #23 @ 13.4 projection. I also put up the question in Assistant Coach and the other responses (only 2) also recommended to sit Hurns given the injury risk. Figured NO/WAS should be a shootout (it was) and Snead should be a safer play (he wasn't). Anyway, I wasn't the only one who thought it was at least close ;)

If I win this week, I will have won the league high points 5 out of 10 weeks. Thinking of each week as a ten-sided die, I think its pretty good to win half the rolls. Is it possible to win high points ALL weeks in a competitive league? Has anyone ever done this or got close to doing this?
Closest I came was 8.5 high weeks in 2013. 8 outright high scores and one tie...out of a 13 game schedule. Strange year though because despite that I wound up 9-4, so any week I wasn't high score I lost.

Hopkins' lowest total so far in my league this year was a 10. I need 9 out of him to win tonight. He has 0 at the half, and it's not even close to 1. I'm going to lose. Arggggghhhh!

Users who are viewing this thread