What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bragging, venting, crowing, grieving... (6 Viewers)

Just an observation I didn’t know where else to put.

My 10-team auction league has one TE spot, two flex spots and one superflex spot. So you can start up to 4 TEs if you really want to.

Most of us rostered one TE. One team rostered five.

Guess who is in last place?

Last year I went from 2 leagues to 5. I thought that familiarity with those leagues and having a good pulse on all of the players would make it easier and so I joined the FGB bowl too.

So the premise of winning in fantasy football is that if you are knowledgeable enough about talent and situation, you can have an edge. WRONG.

Luck >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> knowledge of talent and situation.

Mark Andrews turning into a zero out of the blue at age 28.
Miami's offense is a dumpster fire- just like everyone predicted.
Injuries and random stuff just torpedoes all of the time I'm investing in trying to get an edge.

Fun hobby but only as a way to connect with people. Thinking that increasing your time invested to winning is just not smart. I'm about to go back to being a more casual player. Not sure which leagues --- if any --I'll be bowing out of. I'll be keeping more track of the time and $ I'm putting into the hobby and making a some decisions.

In my home league this week, I play my two buddies in a doubleheader week.

I'm potentially without SEVEN of my 8 non-QB starters due to injury (Mixon, Singletary, Dell, Shakir, McBride) or bye (Pollard and A.J. Brown, who would be in the other list if they weren't off. Giving 2023 Dolphins-Broncos vibes.

Nothing like cutting Cousins on Tuesday after scoring 43 total over the first 4 weeks only to have him score 37 last night.
:censored: :wall:

Swapped Aaron jones into my lineup last minute today. Lasted a quarter

…for Achane, who lasted a quarter.

So, reversing penguin meme, I guess?

Old school 10 team league, TD heavy scoring start 1QB 2RB 4WR/TE 1K 1DST
My starting WR: CD, AJB, Adams, Nabers:frown: lost Aaron Jones & Moody. Picked Up & started: Keon, Alec Pierce, Kraft:clap:CeeDee

Just need Hunt to not go crazy on MNF and I can pull off a huuuge upset.....:banned:

In my home league this week, I play my two buddies in a doubleheader week.

I'm potentially without SEVEN of my 8 non-QB starters due to injury (Mixon, Singletary, Dell, Shakir, McBride) or bye (Pollard and A.J. Brown, who would be in the other list if they weren't off. Giving 2023 Dolphins-Broncos vibes.
Ugh. Lost both games as the 3rd highest scorer in the league through Sunday night. Had Burrow and Stevenson on the bench.

I know no one cares but first real year back (played in my son’s league for no money last year) in a while and I somehow clawed my way to 5-0 last night. I’ve got the best roster, I think, overall but was missing St. Brown, Gibbs, DeVonta Smith and Montgomery to bye weeks and had Aaron Jones go out in the 1st Q and Moody go out right before the punter kicks a FG before half in a start 9 player league. Kelce and Hint did they part to win by a little more than 1 point against one of the worst teams. Got very lucky this week and I needed it to stay in front of 2 4-1 teams who I play the next two weeks.

The good: Just had one of those weeks where everyone gelled at once and I put up 225 pts (PPR, SF) against a projected 147. Won my match by 95 pts, would have beaten any one else in the league by at least 40.

The bad: May be losing Nico for a little while.

The ugly: 2nd in total points, but sitting at 2-3 in 8th place because of brutal schedule the first 4 weeks.

My entire lineup just about is questionable. Robinson, Cook, Dionte, shaheed. Kupp out , Tua out. What's the the point of even paying attention anymore. Oh and I have studs Breece, Braelon, Garrett

Just posted this in the SharkPool Home League Uno thread to my league mates, but it definitely belongs in this Venting thread….

League vote on referendum A:

Reduce starting line up requirements to any 5 healthy players, at any position, including kickers.

Yay or nay

Is venting about missing a 9 leg parlay by Aiyuk being 2.5 yards short allowed? Maybe it's better to compare it to a 1000 entry DFS and losing the championship game by .002 yards instead.

Point at the shirt or something but no clue how to insert that emoji.

Last night couldnt have gotten me off to a much worse start. Mason doing really well UNTIL an injury...never to be heard from again. Brock Purdy had a nice game...on my bench. My opponent had both Kittle and his high score for the year and Lockett and his only td and high score for the year. Oh and to add insult to injury I Lost a 30 yd TD to Mason because of a penalty on..... yep....his guy with 2 tds Kittle. Ughhh

After losing by 5 points in a 200+ point game last week with Nico going down, I'm now out Nico, Nabers, JT, BRob, and Rhamondre this week. Wasn't fantasy supposed to be fun?

Looks at roster:

Olave ☑️
Evans ☑️
Nabers ☑️

I fear for Metcalf's health next week... might need to put him in the concussion protocol as a precaution.

Had to start Harrison Jr, Ridley and Wicks because of nico collins and losing rice. They combined to give me 2.9 points in ppr. 🤦

14 team dynasty .. standard Scoring

falling to 2-4

Mahomes, Daniels, Stafford
CMC, Barkley, JTaylor, JJacobs, KMiller
ARSB, Collins, Aiyuk, Dell, JSN, GDavis
Kelce, McBride, All
Tucker
Jets, Bears

2nd highest Scoring team just playing the wrong teams on a week they go off

Mahomes my be going on the trade block

Duds all over the league today in Week 7; with the 2 MNF to go:
  • Tyreek Hill 1-8 rec, 1-5 rush
  • Travis Kelce 4-17
  • Alvin Kamara 7-10, 6-14
  • Davante Adams 3-30 on 9 targets
  • CJ Stroud 86 yards passing, 19 rushing
  • Deebo Samuel - only played a few first half snaps (illness), no stats
  • Brandon Aiyuk - 2-23, also ruled out at halftime
  • James Cook 12-32-1, 0 targets, in a timeshare with Ray Davis now
  • Malik Nabors 4-41
  • DeVonta Smith caught one of two targets for minus-2
  • Sam LaPorta 1-25 B2B one catch games coming out of the bye, 3 targets in last 2 g
  • Jayden Daniels 6 yards passing, 3-50-1 rushing, left early with rib injury
  • David Montgomery 9-31-0, 3-39-0, lost fumble (scoop n score) - minor knee early, catastrophic turnover late
  • Dalton Kincaid 3-52 6 targets....oh, wait, that's a good week for him
  • Jayden Reed 2-10, 1-0
  • Rhamondre Stevenson 7-18, 2-7
  • Tank Dell 4 targets, bagels
  • Diontae Johnson 1-17
  • Jaylen Waddle 1-11
  • Jameson Williams 1-(-4) on 1 target
  • Xavier Worthy 3-19, 1-5
  • JSN 3-9 on 6 targets
  • Raheem Mostert 11-50-0, lost fumble
  • Chase Brown 15-44-0, 2-9
  • Zach Moss 6-7, 3-33
  • Austin Ekeler 4-17, 2-3
  • Christian Kirk 1-24
  • Kirk Cousins 232 1 TD 2 INT + 1 lost fumble
  • Josh Downs 1-3 on 3 targets (9-12-9 previous 3 g)
Seeing a lot of ugly lineups in my redraft league today.

I might be done with fantasy football after this year. I just lost to a team that had Dicker score 17 points as I was up by 16.5 before tonight's game. This team is horrendous and drafted Bo Nix 10th overall followed by Sutton and Javonte Williams. They also started Jeff Wilson at running back this week against me.

really sucks to play opponent's best game each week. Extra sucks when you consistently have one of the best weekly scores and lose.

really sucks to play opponent's best game each week. Extra sucks when you consistently have one of the best weekly scores and lose.
It's happened to me 3 of the last 4 weeks. I'm the highest scoring team in the league. My record is 3-4, my All Play record is 59-18.

For once I actually did something right. Triple tinkered. Last minute had a gut feeling and swapped D. Smith from my flex for Hunt. Worked phenominally. I have Stroud and didn't like his matchup so I picked up Cousins. 10 minutes later said screw it, dropped Cousins and picked up Richardson instead. Richardson laid an egg, but Cousins was even worse, and Stroud was even worse than both of them. I won my matchup by less than 2 points against the 1st place juggernaut of a team (145.xx to 143.xx). The swap from ****ty cousins to just barely better ****ty Richardson actually worked. Sometimes it's nice to have the luck on your side.

But bad news is I dropped Jennings to get Cousins orignally. Now with Aiyuk done I am 8th on the waiver and may not get him back. We will see tomorrow. Worth it though as that win got me to 4-3 and 3rd in the league. Was in 9th after week 3.

Users who are viewing this thread