What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Calling out help from Sharks (1 Viewer)

Carter_Can_Fly

Footballguy
Friday Frenzy wrote"Here is my projection on Lamont.I'll give my take.260 rushing attempts4.6 YPC1200 yards20 receptions200 yards7 TDsGood for around the 18th-22nd ranked RB.Will not get as many TDs as people think.P.S. Carter Can Fly, I'll make you a wager that my keeper (Chris Brown) will get more fantasy points than your keeper (Lamont Jordan)."And here is what has happened.......................SOOOOOOOO, Friday is a friend of mine and we are in the same league together.We did make the bet and it was for an NFL jersey. I could go back and find the posts where Friday has accepted the bet, but now, Friday has said he wants to wait until after the draft to finalize our bet. Obviously C. Brown could go on to finish ahead of L. Jordan but, the point is, we made the bet and since there has been small rumblings about the Titans maybe drafting a RB FridayFrenzy has seemed to get scared off. Should I allow him to go back on his word or should the bet be finalized.Also, let me know who you think will get more fantasy points next year if you want. L.Jordan vs C. Brown. 2 guys with potential top 10 ability in ff next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
If both have about the same amount of playing time (no major injuries) Brown will outperform.

Brown, without hesitation.

Titans will not draft a RB early. All smoke and mirrors. Draft posturing.
I agree 100%. C. Brown no question. :thumbup:
stone cold lock, you say?consider that OAK gets 2 games each vs DEN(w 3/4 of the CLEV D-line ranked LAST vs the run last yr) and KC, which was almost as bad defensively...yes, SD does put up alittle more of a run D...Jordan can have some very nice numbers against this group

Jax(11th) and Hous (13th) finished just outside the top-10...not too shabby, and that doesn't take into consideration that Chrissy Brown is only 50-50 to suit up for 10 games

I'd say don't sweat it...I doubt Tenn goes RB early, as they have lost a ton of STARTERS that need replacing

I've already bought my Chris Brown jersey. Besides not being authentic....Its beautiful. :wub:

LINK

I, at least have the balls to buy my jersey now, while you said you are waiting a while into the season to see if Lamont is actually good. You are calling me out about trying to delay the bet till after the draft, when you don't even have the balls to buy your jersey until Lamont has played a few weeks. :rotflmao:

Without trying to predict injuries...Brown will finish higher than Lamont and then a free jersey is coming my way. Thanks.

P.S. Carter, please work on your quoting abilities, they are terrible. You do know you have a preview button and an edit button, right? Sheesh...its difficult to read and follow.

Titans | Open to a RB at No. 6 Pick - from www.KFFL.comMon, 11 Apr 2005 10:56:03 -0700Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans are open to the possibility of selecting a running back should one of the top prospects slip to their No. 6 overall draft choice. ''Oh yeah,'' general manager Floyd Reese said. ''Again, we are going to try and get as much value for the spot, and if one of those running backs is worth a six pick, we wouldn't hesitate to take them.'' The top running back prospects are considered to be Auburn RBs Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown along with Texas RB Cedric Benson.
Smokescreen....or a way to scare other teams into trading down for that spot.I hope anyways.... :cry:

Titans | Open to a RB at No. 6 Pick - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:56:03 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans are open to the possibility of selecting a running back should one of the top prospects slip to their No. 6 overall draft choice. ''Oh yeah,'' general manager Floyd Reese said. ''Again, we are going to try and get as much value for the spot, and if one of those running backs is worth a six pick, we wouldn't hesitate to take them.'' The top running back prospects are considered to be Auburn RBs Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown along with Texas RB Cedric Benson.
Smokescreen....or a way to scare other teams into trading down for that spot.

I hope anyways.... :cry:
Why would you hope? If you're a Titans fan wouldn't you want a RB that can stay on the field. Or do you want a repeat performance of the cluster**** that occurred last year?

Titans | Open to a RB at No. 6 Pick - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 11 Apr 2005 10:56:03 -0700

Jim Wyatt, of the Tennessean, reports the Tennessee Titans are open to the possibility of selecting a running back should one of the top prospects slip to their No. 6 overall draft choice. ''Oh yeah,'' general manager Floyd Reese said. ''Again, we are going to try and get as much value for the spot, and if one of those running backs is worth a six pick, we wouldn't hesitate to take them.'' The top running back prospects are considered to be Auburn RBs Carnell Williams and Ronnie Brown along with Texas RB Cedric Benson.
Smokescreen....or a way to scare other teams into trading down for that spot.

I hope anyways.... :cry:
Why would you hope? If you're a Titans fan wouldn't you want a RB that can stay on the field. Or do you want a repeat performance of the cluster**** that occurred last year?
1. I'm not a Titan's fan, just a Chris Brown owner.2. Even though I am not a Titans fan, I know that that move wouldn't be too stellar for a team that is in salary cap problems, and that has so much more holes to fill other than a starting RB. If they do stay at the #6 spot, which I doubt, then they can still get value at a different position. I can see the Titans maybe drafting a RB late to be the backup but I don't think they would draft a RB in the top 6 picks knowing the contract that would come along with that.

3. I wouldn't imply that Chris Brown is injury prone just after one season. He had a turf toe problem that plagued him all season. I am not calling Brown injury prone just yet. Would you call Julius Jones a bandaid or injury prone? He missed a significant amount of time in his first year as a starter, but just because he sat out for those 8 weeks doesn't make him a bandaid like people say about Brown, a player who tried to play through the pain. In his first year Brown had injury problems, but I am not prepared to predict that for his whole career just yet, like you are.

Jordan > Chrissy
This doesn't seem right.........something's missing.........oh, wait a minute........yep, here it is...... :popcorn:
Hate for my first post in the Pool since the offseason began to be this lame, but this just happened to be the first thread I opened and blammo! Right where we left off. All I can add to H.K.'s comment is::rotflmao:

Jordan > Chrissy
This doesn't seem right.........something's missing.........oh, wait a minute........yep, here it is...... :popcorn:
Hate for my first post in the Pool since the offseason began to be this lame, but this just happened to be the first thread I opened and blammo! Right where we left off. All I can add to H.K.'s comment is::rotflmao:
Welcome back Marc :football:

Jordan > Chrissy
Welcome back Marc :football:
Thanks - been here a month or so talking over staff stuff, but mostly been dredging the FFA while I get my fantasy foo chops back.

I wouldn't imply that Chris Brown is injury prone just after one season. He had a turf toe problem that plagued him all season. I am not calling Brown injury prone just yet. Would you call Julius Jones a bandaid or injury prone? He missed a significant amount of time in his first year as a starter, but just because he sat out for those 8 weeks doesn't make him a bandaid like people say about Brown, a player who tried to play through the pain. In his first year Brown had injury problems, but I am not prepared to predict that for his whole career just yet, like you are.
The problem is that C.Brown has been injured every year and on every level for his whole career. He was labeled as soft in his final year at Colorado because people thought he was protecting himself for the NFL. Can't really fault someone for protecting their moneymaker but his injury history is extensive and varied.I see him as the next Fred Taylor the question is how long will it take him to accept the difference between injured and hurt.FWIW If they both play 16 games I see Brown finishing ahead however since I think Brown is a mortal lock to miss time I predict Carter will be sporting a brand new Lamont Jordan jersey to compliment his Lamont Jordan woody.

Teams don't run a lot when they're down by 20 pts.

The Titans will be passing.

Here's my vote for Jordan.
And Oakland's D is gonna keep every game close, right.......right?? I'm abstaining, as I think both are piles of poo (one for being in new place, new offense and the other for being a walking injury).

And Oakland's D is gonna keep every game close, right.......right?? I'm abstaining, as I think both are piles of poo (one for being in new place, new offense and the other for being a walking injury).
No, but there offense will.

Jordan > Chrissy
Thanks Marc, good to see you around again.As far as the thread goes, I think this is a difficult call. If Brown stays healthy, I think he'll be better, but that is a HUGE if...

I go with Brown.....I think there may be some disapointed people....the same ones who have been waiting on Jordan for the last 4 years...He has to prove he can do the job as far as I am concerned....I haven't seen him play that often but I wasn't overly impressed by Jordan when I did see him...time will tell.

Jordan > Chrissy
Thanks Marc, good to see you around again.As far as the thread goes, I think this is a difficult call. If Brown stays healthy, I think he'll be better, but that is a HUGE if...

Here's another vote for Chris Brown.If he can stay healthy (and I know that's a big if) he could be an elite talent. Check his numbers for the games he did play. He can dominate.Lamont Jordan's nice, but he's no elite back by any stretch of the imagination.BTW, it's 50-50% that Brown will play the WHOLE 16 games, not 10. I think the odds on Brown playing 10 games are pretty good.And another BTW... both the Raiders and Titans suck out loud, so they'll both be playing from behind alot this year.

I wouldn't imply that Chris Brown is injury prone just after one season.  He had a turf toe problem that plagued him all season.  I am not calling Brown injury prone just yet.  Would you call Julius Jones a bandaid or injury prone?  He missed a significant amount of time in his first year as a starter, but just because he sat out for those 8 weeks doesn't make him a bandaid like people say about Brown, a player who tried to play through the pain.  In his first year Brown had injury problems, but I am not prepared to predict that for his whole career just yet, like you are.
The problem is that C.Brown has been injured every year and on every level for his whole career. He was labeled as soft in his final year at Colorado because people thought he was protecting himself for the NFL. Can't really fault someone for protecting their moneymaker but his injury history is extensive and varied.I see him as the next Fred Taylor the question is how long will it take him to accept the difference between injured and hurt.

FWIW If they both play 16 games I see Brown finishing ahead however since I think Brown is a mortal lock to miss time I predict Carter will be sporting a brand new Lamont Jordan jersey to compliment his Lamont Jordan woody.
That, unfortunately, is true - he got injured every year he played at Colorado.

Sooooo...The question is who will score more fantasy points in 2005 season Jordan or Brown.Everyone who says Brown, qualifies it with "if he can stay healthy" or "assuming they play the same number of games". I would say that is exactly why Jordan is the choice here. We can not assume that Brown will be in every game (or at least he won't finish every game). Jordan is the less likely injury risk IMO.Therefore: Jordan > Brown.Simple really.

I have heard as well that Brown was injured in college, but I haven't heard any proof yet. I am not arguing that he was never injured, but I am thinking some people may be over reacting to saying Brown was always injured in college.

All I can see is this.

from cbs.sportsline.com draft bio

Injury History

Suffered a high ankle sprain vs. Texas A&M in 2001, seeing limited action in the next four games...Did not play vs. Nebraska and Oklahoma (Big 12 Championship) in 2002 after severely bruising his sternum in the second quarter vs. Iowa State.
According to ESPN.com, he only missed 3 games in his college career. Can anyone who actually knows Brown's college career explain the minor injuries he had that caused him to get this rep?

Thanks

Sooooo...

The question is who will score more fantasy points in 2005 season Jordan or Brown.

Everyone who says Brown, qualifies it with "if he can stay healthy" or "assuming they play the same number of games". I would say that is exactly why Jordan is the choice here. We can not assume that Brown will be in every game (or at least he won't finish every game). Jordan is the less likely injury risk IMO.

Therefore: Jordan > Brown.

Simple really.
Even so, I still think Brown would outproduce Jordan even if they didn't play the same amount of games.Brown for 12 games > Jordan for 14.

I predict that Jordan will put up better numbers, and I don't even think it will be close. Brown is an explosive back, but they are a pass first team that will be behind a lot, and he has shown that his upright running style leads him to nagging injuries. Lamont is bigger, faster, and more instintive while running, and is also a much better receiver. He will be playing in a better offense, and the Raiders will be ahead a lot more often than the Titans. Norv Turner has a talent for finding runners that fit well into his system, and I think Jordan will be a top 10 back this season.

I predict that Jordan will put up better numbers, and I don't even think it will be close. Brown is an explosive back, but they are a pass first team that will be behind a lot, and he has shown that his upright running style leads him to nagging injuries. Lamont is bigger, faster, and more instintive while running, and is also a much better receiver. He will be playing in a better offense, and the Raiders will be ahead a lot more often than the Titans. Norv Turner has a talent for finding runners that fit well into his system, and I think Jordan will be a top 10 back this season.
So many things wrong with that post. :rotflmao:

Sooooo...

The question is who will score more fantasy points in 2005 season Jordan or Brown.

Everyone who says Brown, qualifies it with "if he can stay healthy" or "assuming they play the same number of games". I would say that is exactly why Jordan is the choice here. We can not assume that Brown will be in every game (or at least he won't finish every game). Jordan is the less likely injury risk IMO.

Simple really.
Not really that simple - if LJordan plays 16 games and averages only 10-12 pts/game, I'll take a couple games midseason off from CBrown if he's averaging 20/game.Simple really.

I have heard as well that Brown was injured in college, but I haven't heard any proof yet. I am not arguing that he was never injured, but I am thinking some people may be over reacting to saying Brown was always injured in college.

All I can see is this.

Injury History

Suffered a high ankle sprain vs. Texas A&M in 2001, seeing limited action in the next four games...Did not play vs. Nebraska and Oklahoma (Big 12 Championship) in 2002 after severely bruising his sternum in the second quarter vs. Iowa State.
According to ESPN.com, he only missed 3 games in his college career. Can anyone who actually knows Brown's college career explain the minor injuries he had that caused him to get this rep?

Thanks
He was injured every year - missed a game or two - he came out after his junior year. IIRC, he was redshirted his freshman year - maybe behind Blaylock??? His two years at Colorado as the RB starter, he suffered injuries each year.I watched most of the Colorado Buff games, being a Denver boy.

I have heard as well that Brown was injured in college, but I haven't heard any proof yet.  I am not arguing that he was never injured, but I am thinking some people may be over reacting to saying Brown was always injured in college.

All I can see is this.

Injury History

Thanks
He was injured every year - missed a game or two - he came out after his junior year. IIRC, he was redshirted his freshman year - maybe behind Blaylock??? His two years at Colorado as the RB starter, he suffered injuries each year.I watched most of the Colorado Buff games, being a Denver boy.
P.S. - yes,. the injury thing is overbloiwn. He WAS injured each year, but he also had only nagging minor injuries that forced him to miss time, but weren't really wear and tear on his body - while the turf toe last year kept him off the field while the team was in a losing spiral, he suffered more serious injuries earlier in the year and played through them.He's a tough kid who, unfortunately, gets nicked up every year.

Sooooo...

Simple really.
Even so, I still think Brown would outproduce Jordan even if they didn't play the same amount of games.Brown for 12 games > Jordan for 14.
IMO, or 16.

According to ESPN.com, he only missed 3 games in his college career.

Can anyone who actually knows Brown's college career explain the minor injuries he had that caused him to get this rep?
I am not trying to be a C.Brown hater but he has earned the caveat "When he's healthy" before his name in any fantasy analysis. I am still trying to answer your question (above)...It is true that he only missed three starts but that says nothing about how much in-game time he missed. I am sure everyone remembers the Miami game last season. He got the start but didn't log the finish. I know for a fact that there was concern about his health status in 2002 before the USC game (14 carries 44 yards Fight On!).

It is actually more difficult than I thought to find injury reports from college games but here is what I have dug up regarding Browns injuries:

Link Jan 19, 2005

Chris Brown started rehabbing and working out soon after the regular season ended.

He had minor surgery on both ankles and is still recovering from turf toe. He's a fantasy wild card next season. No doubt a top ten talent, but his injury history is a huge risk.
Link
In his brief career, Brown has been listed as questionable on the Titans' injury report a total of 11 times in 24 games. He started off his rookie season by missing five of the first eight games with a hamstring injury, which hampered him most of the year. This year, Brown started off by missing the entire second half of week one with a twisted ankle. He sat out the second half again in week six after a shoulder injury, and a turf toe injury would have sidelined him for week eight had the Titans' coach and trainers not called him out publicly for a lack of desire to play through injury. It should be noted, however, that Brown took a big step towards showing the toughness needed to succeed as an NFL back when he played through the painful turf toe injury to rush 32 times for 147 yards and a touchdown.
Link I include this to emphasize my first statement about him maybe not finishing games. Only once in his college career did he manage 300+ carries. Mind you they were remarkably productive carries...
2002 SeasonLed the conference and ranked third in the nation with 303 carries for 1,841 yards (6.1 avg.) and 19 touchdowns

2001 Season Led the team with 190 carries for 946 yards (5.0 avg.) and 16 touchdowns (scores rank seventh on the school's season-record list)

2000 SeasonRanked fifth in the nation with 185 carries for 1,284 yards (6.9 avg.) and 13 touchdowns. Fort Scott Ju-Co.
The search will continue...

Granted Jordan was playing one of the best RBs to ever play but the bottom line is...He has never proven he can be THE guy. I'm not saying that I don't think he can be THE guy but until he shows more than filling in, I gotta go with the guy who produced as a #1 back.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Friday it's nice to see you have come around and accepted the bet. I will love beatting you in both our league and this bet. I can't wait to put my L. Jordan jersey on every Sunday and rub it in your face.

I've already bought my Chris Brown jersey. Besides not being authentic....Its beautiful. :wub:

LINK

I, at least have the balls to buy my jersey now, while you said you are waiting a while into the season to see if Lamont is actually good. You are calling me out about trying to delay the bet till after the draft, when you don't even have the balls to buy your jersey until Lamont has played a few weeks. :rotflmao:

Without trying to predict injuries...Brown will finish higher than Lamont and then a free jersey is coming my way. Thanks.
I will order my Oakland jersey off of EBAY asap and I will have it crested before the start of the season. The bet is ON!!!!!By the end of the year people will be giving C. Brown jersey's away as he is plagued with another injury depleted season and will be demoted to bench duties for the 2006 season.

LINK

I will order my Oakland jersey off of EBAY asap and I will have it crested before the start of the season. The bet is ON!!!!!By the end of the year people will be giving C. Brown jersey's away as he is plagued with another injury depleted season and will be demoted to bench duties for the 2006 season.
And even if that happens, he will still beat Jordan. :rotflmao:I'm gonna be more happy rubbing your baseless 7th RB ranking for Lamont than anything. Do you wanna bet on that as well? Projecting Lamont the 7th ranked RB. :rotflmao: That cracks me up everytime I think about it.

Says the LaMont Jordan owner... how about a little objectivity, homer? :rotflmao:Titans are a pass-first team huh? Eddie George must have sucked then.

Jordan is faster and more instinctive than Brown? And you know this from watching him play so much these past 4 years?

The Raiders have a better offense than the Titans? The Raiders (did) have the #7, the Titans #6. Boy, you're right, the Raiders are far better...

Lamont Jordan will be a Top 10 back? Tell that to (in no given order)...

Tomlinson

Alexander

Holmes

McGahee

A. Green

Portis

D. Davis

J. Lewis

K. Jones

Holmes

Dillon

J. Jones

McAllister

Bell

C. Brown

R. Johnson

Henry (should he get traded)

Barber

S. Jackson

Westbrook

Martin

Taylor

:rolleyes:

Says the LaMont Jordan owner... how about a little objectivity, homer? :rotflmao:Titans are a pass-first team huh? Eddie George must have sucked then.

Jordan is faster and more instinctive than Brown? And you know this from watching him play so much these past 4 years?

The Raiders have a better offense than the Titans? The Raiders (did) have the #7, the Titans #6. Boy, you're right, the Raiders are far better...

Lamont Jordan will be a Top 10 back? Tell that to (in no given order)...

Tomlinson

Alexander

Holmes

McGahee

A. Green

Portis

D. Davis

J. Lewis

K. Jones

Holmes

Dillon

J. Jones

McAllister

Bell

C. Brown

R. Johnson

Henry (should he get traded)

Barber

S. Jackson

Westbrook

Martin

Taylor

:rolleyes:
I know your pain Kit. These Lamont Jordan owners/homers will do anything to try and spin greatness for him. They need to seperate what they want to happen and what most likely will happen.

Yudkin, this may be for you.One stat I am enamoured with for the Raiders is the fact that they were the LAST ranked team in rushing last year. I don't care what RBs you have playing, that is plain brutal. With that being said, I am curious to see what kind of jumps some of the worst rushing teams in one year have made to the next year, regardless of player changes and what not. I understand you don't need a great rushing team to have a good fantasy RB, but it certainly helps.Is it plausible to see a major jump in team rushing for the Raiders this year?What kind of odds from using previous years does the worst ranked rushing team somehow jump to the middle of the pack next year? In this case, it would mean 500-600 yards more rushing for the Raiders for the season.I do not have time right now as I have to go back to work, but I am going to look into this and get back, I am curious as to how much of a jump we can actually expect out of the Raiders in terms of team rushing.

Users who are viewing this thread