What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (4 Viewers)

Just saw a list of the top 100 pizza places in the world. It had a tie at #1, followed by a place ranked #2, #3 and so on down to #100.

I know that not everyone is good at math, but simply being able to count should prevent this.
Of course, the full list does give you 100 good reasons to travel in the next year. Check out the rankings below.

Lol

People that wait in the street for their garage doors to open when they have a driveway spot open.

Nobody does this.
I was about to say the same thing. I’ve never seen this before in my life. Your neighbor is a psychopath.
T intersection right after turning into my subdivision. There is a driveway that is just off of it. Woman that lives there comes to a stop in the street, pushes button, waits, makes left turn into driveway and straight into garage once it opens. Cars behind her just have to wait. Sometimes makes two directions have to wait.

It is not very far from where I wait with my daughter at the bus stop in the morning. So I have seen her do it on several occasions at this point.

People that wait in the street for their garage doors to open when they have a driveway spot open.

Nobody does this.
I was about to say the same thing. I’ve never seen this before in my life. Your neighbor is a psychopath.
T intersection right after turning into my subdivision. There is a driveway that is just off of it. Woman that lives there comes to a stop in the street, pushes button, waits, makes left turn into driveway and straight into garage once it opens. Cars behind her just have to wait. Sometimes makes two directions have to wait.

It is not very far from where I wait with my daughter at the bus stop in the morning. So I have seen her do it on several occasions at this point.
Why don’t people just lay on the horn the whole time she waits? She’ll get the point quick.

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this... maybe on page 100 or so of this thread... but I just cannot stand when people sign off emails with "Best".

Best what, man? Corporate snark at its BEST if you ask me.

*shakes fist at cloud*

I'm pretty sure I mentioned this... maybe on page 100 or so of this thread... but I just cannot stand when people sign off emails with "Best".

Best what, man? Corporate snark at its BEST if you ask me.

*shakes fist at cloud*
1980s catalog store

Now sure what you call it, lack of self awareness, lack of irony.....

First....just sat in a car for one hour where there was zero seconds of no one talking for one hour straight blah blah blah but to top it off I had to hear my SiL trash one of her friends because they live above their means and giving " financial advice "to her kids. This is the cheap woman who has filed for bankruptcy 3 times....
Then I hear her talking about someone and their kids and how she was a bad influence about drinking
My SiL drinks every night and is always drunk smh 😂

Last edited:
Now sure what you call it, lack of self awareness, lack of irony.....

First....just sat in a car for one hour where there was zero seconds of no one talking for one hour straight blah blah blah but to top it off I had to hear my SiL trash one of her friends because they live above their means and giving " financial advice "to her kids. This is the cheap woman who has filed for bankruptcy 3 times....
Then I hear her talking about someone and their kids and how she was a bad influence about drinking
My SiL drinks every night and is always drunk smh 😂
Any chance she lives in a glass house?

"seedless" fruit that is nowhere near seedless. I took 9 seeds out of a seedless mandarin orange just now.

I can handle an occasional watermelon seed or even a grape seed now and again in the seedless versions.

But we pull seeds out of at least half of these mandarins now.

The neighbor diagonally from us has lived there 20+ years. Good neighbor as all things go, but despite keeping a very meticulous yard, they have a pile of trash cans, cinder blocks, tree stumps, etc. They choose to put this behind their shed, which means they can't see it at all from 90% of their yard, but their poor neighbors (particularly the people next to us) get to see it all of the time. It's also easily visible from the street, because the shed is on the side of their house near the front, which I think is against township regulations, but whatever. It just seems pretty obnoxious to keep what you can see really neat and tidy but ugly up what your neighbors can see. The people behind us (who are also good neighbors) have a scaled down version of the same thing that we have to look at, although he's cleaned it up some this year.

It just seems pretty obnoxious to keep what you can see really neat and tidy but ugly up what your neighbors can see.
It's just the yard version of chucking everything in your closet or under your bed..............just if the walls of your closet were see through for the other bedroom to see.

Probably already covered but on the rare occasions I grab a bottled water it would be nice if the plastic bottle could support it's own weight. I keep getting these lopsided bottles that fall over because of the thin regurgitated plastic they use.

FFS, we can’t laugh anymore again? WTF?

(Use the lmao response)
lol-lolol.gif

Home Depot and or Lowe's alleged policies with hooking up appliances. It might even be code in some places, but they technically won't hook up anything if there's not a shut off located behind the appliance. Had a guy come out with my refrigerator told me you know you need a shutoff rightbhere. He told me that he'd will still hook it up. I said I'll do it and he's says no it's ok. I go well. Let me ask you this. What sense does a shut off behind a refrigerator make? When you'd have to move the giant refrigerator out of way where I can just go down in my basement and turn the knob that's sitting right below the refrigerator floor?.

And I'm not saying there should not be a shutoff. But its a lot easier to go into my basement to close the gas leading to the stove and water leading to the fridge instead of having to yank out the appliance to do it.

*I know not all houses are like this

Unreasonably loud people. Had to endure about 35 minutes of some (I think she was kinda sauced) 60-something year old woman going on and on to the lady sitting next to her and the flight attendants (she was sitting in the first row of a Southwest plane). Loud. I dunno if it was because she had a few chardonnays before the flight or if she was partially hard of hearing but man, it was bad. I was two rows behind her and even with the drone of the engine it sounded like she was right next to me. Have some self-awareness....

My in ability to get used to my new fridge.

Our old fridge had a drawer inside where we kept drinks and had it's own temp. Had a little type holder

The new awesome fridge has a separate drawer that you can set to it's own temp. Meet/cheese/wine/drink etc. Has a holder etc. So we are using that for our drinks. I've opened the main doors at least 4 times now :lol:

Our old fridge had a drawer inside where we kept drinks and had it's own temp. Had a little type holder

The new awesome fridge has a separate drawer that you can set to it's own temp. Meet/cheese/wine/drink etc. Has a holder etc. So we are using that for our drinks. I've opened the main doors at least 4 times now :lol:
I'd laugh or smile, but I just can't.

I'd laugh or smile, but I just can't.
I'm crying on the inside

Everything about the self check out at IKEA. What’s the point of forcing me to use the self check out if I have to wait for an employee to approve every transaction?l

Also, self check out only is dumb. Some people are really efficient at using them and some people can’t even use them at all, not fair to either party.

Why do I even fill out stuff in advance if it seems to make no difference?

Two recent examples

1. Airport car rental. I uploaded a picture of my ID. I filled in the license number. I chose "no additional insurance". I told you the dates and times and what sort of vehicle I wanted. Why do you ask me all the same questions in person then proceed to type those answers into your computer from 1997 and make what should be a 30 second encounter a 30 minute ordeal?

2. New internet service. When I signed up for the appointment it specifically asked if I have ever had service with your company - which I answered no. So why does the technician who just came to my door ask if I have had service before and when told no, acts all befuddled and has to make sure that there is a suitable line nearby for him to run from?

Why do I even fill out stuff in advance if it seems to make no difference?

Two recent examples

1. Airport car rental. I uploaded a picture of my ID. I filled in the license number. I chose "no additional insurance". I told you the dates and times and what sort of vehicle I wanted. Why do you ask me all the same questions in person then proceed to type those answers into your computer from 1997 and make what should be a 30 second encounter a 30 minute ordeal?

2. New internet service. When I signed up for the appointment it specifically asked if I have ever had service with your company - which I answered no. So why does the technician who just came to my door ask if I have had service before and when told no, acts all befuddled and has to make sure that there is a suitable line nearby for him to run from?
I get a cold brew coffee almost every morning from Wawa.....

The last question is do you want a straw? I answer no. Every time the person who made the coffee hands me a straw and I say no thanks. I actually asked why is that a question if you guys ask all the time.....

The last question is do you want a straw? I answer no. Every time the person who made the coffee hands me a straw and I say no thanks. I actually asked why is that a question if you guys ask all the time.....
Move to California. Only give you a straw if you ask for it but if you do ask then you will get a crappy paper straw that makes everything taste like cardboard. So win-win

Move to California. Only give you a straw if you ask for it but if you do ask then you will get a crappy paper straw that makes everything taste like cardboard. So win-win
… and wilts easily.

… and wilts easily.
Oh, the jokes I could tell.

… and wilts easily.
i propped it up on a drooping tee for you

Straws are dumb anyway. Nobody uses them at home or for like 99% of drinking needs
Not in the nirad3 household. My wife works at Starbucks so we have about 91385713581357 of their plastic tumblers w/ lid & straw. Both kids and wife use them for water/lemonade all the time.

When I have my afternoon cocktails, I use a Yeti tumbler (it keeps that ice fresh for hours) but I've been contemplating grabbing one of the plastic straws for ease of drinking. :oldunsure:

Just to update. The tech was incredible. Not his fault at all and he did a fantastic job. Cheap me had like 30 Mbps that would crap out all the time. Finally decided to spend 5 more bucks a month for 300 +

… and wilts easily.

:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread