What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Can we discuss pet peeves here? (2 Viewers)

If you haven't hung out with these people for more than 5 minutes why are you telling them you are moving.. .

People in my apartment complex while we’re walking dogs or whatever. What’s new?, I’m moving soon, oh really where?!….

Out to dinner solo and strike up conversation with dude next to me at the bar. You live downtown? I’m in Glendale, now but moving to Vegas soon. Oh cool….
People don't really plan to come visit you buddy. They just don't know what to say. Would you prefer they express their complete joy that you are moving out of their lives for good? :)

-edit- I will be there in mid December, just saying

We’ll miss you. Good luck!

That would suffice.
You want some random dude you chatted up at the bar to say he'll miss you?

I’d rather that than insinuate him crashing at my place sometime in the future

If you haven't hung out with these people for more than 5 minutes why are you telling them you are moving.. .

People in my apartment complex while we’re walking dogs or whatever. What’s new?, I’m moving soon, oh really where?!….

Out to dinner solo and strike up conversation with dude next to me at the bar. You live downtown? I’m in Glendale, now but moving to Vegas soon. Oh cool….
People don't really plan to come visit you buddy. They just don't know what to say. Would you prefer they express their complete joy that you are moving out of their lives for good? :)

-edit- I will be there in mid December, just saying

We’ll miss you. Good luck!

That would suffice.
:shrug:

People suck at goodbyes. And small talk is the worst
This. My wife turns a simple "see you later" into a 30 minute ordeal.

I agree with the walking prt, and we don't mind. However he was there and it was close so why not? Now if you holier than thou fellas are saying you will pass on a close space and say "hey, I know this is close but I want to walk more just because" well I call BS on that.
Even better...your wife wants th space and you tell her...No...park further away, just because. I'd like to be in the car when some of you try that play.
My wife would punch me in the nuts if I sat there waiting on a spot rather than just parking a little further away. We're invariably in the store and through the first three aisles while Waddles is still sitting there waiting on the spot 20 ft closer to the door. And note, we're 60-ish, so it isn't a young versus old thing.

So my golf group, guy is coordinating tee times for this weekend. The past 2 weeks - I have sent email that said I am out until second week of November. Both emails have been acknowledged by him. "Ok thanks".....

So this week he sends out emails again about who is in, etc, and of course he says still waiting to hear back from me before he opens my spot to guests.....

I don't know why this enrages me so much but ******** man - how many times do I need to say I'm done for the next 6 weeks..... :lol:

Last edited:
So my golf group, guy is coordinating tee times for this weekend. The past 2 weeks - I have sent email that said I am out until second week of November. Both emails have been acknowledged by him. "Ok thanks".....

So this week he sends out emails again about who is in, etc, and of course he says still waiting to hear back from me before he opens my spot to guests.....

I don't know why this enrages me so much but ******** man - how many times do I need to say I'm done for the next 6 weeks..... :lol:

I agree with the walking prt, and we don't mind. However he was there and it was close so why not? Now if you holier than thou fellas are saying you will pass on a close space and say "hey, I know this is close but I want to walk more just because" well I call BS on that.
Even better...your wife wants th space and you tell her...No...park further away, just because. I'd like to be in the car when some of you try that play.
My wife would punch me in the nuts if I sat there waiting on a spot rather than just parking a little further away. We're invariably in the store and through the first three aisles while Waddles is still sitting there waiting on the spot 20 ft closer to the door. And note, we're 60-ish, so it isn't a young versus old thing.
Yeah blah. If you are headed down an aisle and see a guy getting in his car ready to leave, I doubt any of you would simply pass by in order to park further away. If you do do that, well then congrats because you do opposite of just about everyone else, ever. Now...Waiting for a guy who is walking to his car to grab a spot...yeah that's not worth the wait. And we don't mind walking. But if the opportunity presents itself to get a closer space, we will take it, assuming it isn't a long wait of course.

School emails are annoying. But of course i have to receive every damn bake sale, dance, whatever email because if I unsubscribe i wont get the school closure, or other actually important emails.

What makes it more annoying is that they send a text too telling me to check my email.

My daughter is in kindergarten. I dont care about the 6th grade dance traffic and parking patterns.

School emails are annoying. But of course i have to receive every damn bake sale, dance, whatever email because if I unsubscribe i wont get the school closure, or other actually important emails.

What makes it more annoying is that they send a text too telling me to check my email.

My daughter is in kindergarten. I dont care about the 6th grade dance traffic and parking patterns.
Just you wait. I have a junior in HS. Endless emails.

Yeah blah. If you are headed down an aisle and see a guy getting in his car ready to leave, I doubt any of you would simply pass by in order to park further away. If you do do that, well then congrats because you do opposite of just about everyone else, ever. Now...Waiting for a guy who is walking to his car to grab a spot...yeah that's not worth the wait. And we don't mind walking. But if the opportunity presents itself to get a closer space, we will take it, assuming it isn't a long wait of course.
Pfft, my goal when shopping is to get in and get out. I wait on nobody for anything I'm not forced to. I actually have grown to love self checkouts simply because of less wait at the checkout. In the parking lot my mentality is to park facing toward the lot exit preferably without passing the store entrance and/or crosswalk. I also like to park next to the cart return. I will pass empty spots to park in my optimum spots for time efficiency. Like I posted above I live in an area where there are always plenty of spots to choose from, no way am I waiting for an occupied spot to become vacant. I actually pride myself on getting to the store entrance faster than people who pull into the parking lot in front of me and take spots closer than mine.

Last edited:
The people across the street put up Christmas lights last weekend. Some people are disturbed.
Some house in the neighborhood has had the same Halloween decorations left out for at least the past three years, so I'm just happy that they don't bother me at this time of year.

I lied. They bother the - out of me because I know they've been out the last three years and probably won't be put away before next Halloween.

I mentioned this in the Eagles-Cardinals game thread but I'll put it here too.

Announcers who forget the intentional grounding rules. "Inside the tackle box" and "throw landed behind the line of scrimmage" DON'T MATTER IF THERE WAS A RECEIVER IN THE AREA.
Agreed

I’ll add the classic dumb announcer statement “ he did that all on his own!!!!!” after a long run. Apparently the 9 guys blocking did nothing to help

Every year it seems I see people on SM or hear people complain that "teenagers took the whole bucket of candy" on Halloween. I'm not saying its right to take it, but its has a pretty high rate of likelihood. Don't be such a lazy a** and it wont happen.

Every year it seems I see people on SM or hear people complain that "teenagers took the whole bucket of candy" on Halloween. I'm not saying its right to take it, but its has a pretty high rate of likelihood. Don't be such a lazy a** and it wont happen.
Just heard about a kid maybe 9 or 10 stealing a whole bucket and then flipping off the porch camera.

Just heard about a kid maybe 9 or 10 stealing a whole bucket and then flipping off the porch camera.

Seems like a setup. He was way to slow and gave zero Fs.

We had ours taken last night. And we weren't being lazy, we were just about to leave to take OUR kids out so we left a bowl with what should have been plenty for the whole night, but it got jacked within 5 minutes. And a snazzy Halloween candle holder. People are just self-entitled jerks. Even kids.

We had ours taken last night. And we weren't being lazy, we were just about to leave to take OUR kids out so we left a bowl with what should have been plenty for the whole night, but it got jacked within 5 minutes. And a snazzy Halloween candle holder. People are just self-entitled jerks. Even kids.
Yeah. Not every situation applies to 100% of people.

I'm sure this is probably more me but now especially with smart phones I just get annoyed at little questions it would take the person 30seconds to look up.....hey do you know what division this school is? Nope....oh thought you would have known.

First trick or treater of the night reached in with two hands grabbed a ton and ran away before I could utter a word. Am I allowed to think that kid is pretty rude? Just want to make sure I pass your judgment threshold. Was I being lazy because I didnt construct some sort of rudimentary device that would allow children to still select which candy they want, but restrict them from being a greedy little brat? Was I lazy for not running after him?

Thanks in advance.

First trick or treater of the night reached in with two hands grabbed a ton and ran away before I could utter a word. Am I allowed to think that kid is pretty rude? Just want to make sure I pass your judgment threshold. Was I being lazy because I didnt construct some sort of rudimentary device that would allow children to still select which candy they want, but restrict them from being a greedy little brat? Was I lazy for not running after him?

Thanks in advance.
Clearly you dont understand the scenario I am talking about. Good day.

Thanks in advance.
Lol. I understood. It wasn't complicated. Why don't you just answer the questions so I can figure out your poor judgment threshold.

I hate when people get mad at people upset over poor behavior instead of getting upset over the poor behavior.

Examples...

People pissed off about people upset that they tried to be nice to the neighborhood kids by leaving candy out and one stupid kid ruins it for everybody. I mean how on earth could you possibly be mad at the person that put the candy out? Unless of course you were that kid.

Thanks in advance.
Lol. I understood. It wasn't complicated. Why don't you just answer the questions so I can figure out your poor judgment threshold.
Your example has zero to do with my post. It is a completely different situation. By the way, I’ve not once suggested that the kids weren’t rude or jerks or doing something wrong.

I hate when people get mad at people upset over poor behavior instead of getting upset over the poor behavior.

Examples...

People pissed off about people upset that they tried to be nice to the neighborhood kids by leaving candy out and one stupid kid ruins it for everybody. I mean how on earth could you possibly be mad at the person that put the candy out? Unless of course you were that kid.
You got it all wrong. People are pissed because the person who left the candy bowl out and got all pissed when one kid drained the bowl is a moron for doing it in the first place because EVERYONE IN THE UNIVERSE knows one kid will always drain the bowl.

Burning leaves when it is unseasonably warm and breezy out. After a few weeks of normal highs in the mid 50s, last weekend it was sunny and in the 70s. We opened all the windows and were enjoying the fresh air. House at the end of the block decided to start burning their huge leaf pile. Keep in mind last week we had a few days with rain, so these were wet leaves. Their pile was smokey AF, and since we happen to live downwind our whole house started to smell like smoke. Closed up all the windows so it wouldn't get too bad inside and decided to try and do some yard work. After 15 minutes small pieces of ash started to fall all over the place.

Burning leaves when it is unseasonably warm and breezy out. After a few weeks of normal highs in the mid 50s, last weekend it was sunny and in the 70s. We opened all the windows and were enjoying the fresh air. House at the end of the block decided to start burning their huge leaf pile. Keep in mind last week we had a few days with rain, so these were wet leaves. Their pile was smokey AF, and since we happen to live downwind our whole house started to smell like smoke. Closed up all the windows so it wouldn't get too bad inside and decided to try and do some yard work. After 15 minutes small pieces of ash started to fall all over the place.
My neighbor behind me started burning the remnants of his 25 year arsenic laced pressure treated wood deck he tore down.

That was nice.

My neighbor behind me started burning the remnants of his 25 year arsenic laced pressure treated wood deck he tore down.

That was nice.
Call the cops. For real.

Examples...

How dare you.

I'm sure this is probably more me but now especially with smart phones I just get annoyed at little questions it would take the person 30seconds to look up.....hey do you know what division this school is? Nope....oh thought you would have known.
What really bothers me is that after someone asks me one of those stupid questions. I feel compelled to look it up myself.

Related: When I spend the time and effort texting or emailing a person or a group all of the pertinent information about a meeting, get together, event (date, time, location, what to bring), and I get texts the day of like “when are we meeting again?” Hey buddy, why don’t you take the ten seconds it takes to scroll up to the text or find the email where I sent you all the info instead of wasting my time because you can’t be bothered?

For years now, I have been working to become more zen, but the above will get me every time.

Last edited:

Related: When I spend the time and effort texting or emailing a person or a group all of the pertinent information about a meeting, get together, event (date, time, location, what to bring), and I get texts the day off like “when are we meeting again?” Hey buddy, why don’t you take the ten seconds it takes to scroll up to the text or find the email where I sent you all the info instead of taking wasting my time because you can’t be bothered?

For years now, I have been working to become more zen, but the above will get me every time.
Yep this x 1000

What really bothers me is that after someone asks me one of those stupid questions. I feel compelled to look it up myself.
Lol same here, I think my new schtick is going to be looking it up and then not telling.

Lol same here, I think my new schtick is going to be looking it up and then not telling.

Googles division turns to person. Yes. Yes I do. :mellow:

:mad: ... going to the office

I received this email today. I'm positive the bolded was included to head me off at the pass.

The A/C ducts of the office and visitor center will be cleaned in Dec. Please see the schedule below.

It will take +/- 6 to 7 days for the office and +/- 2 to 3 days for the visitor center.

The A/C unit will be off while performing the service. Please note that we have few A/C units in the entire office, and they won’t be off at the same time. In addition, we will be in Dec that should be cooler than now.

We will start with the accounting side of the office, therefore, for those of you working on this side of the building, you will have the option to move your computer to the logistics side or visitor center while the service will be done. If you work in the logistics side, once the vendor starts working there, you may have the option to go to the visitor center. Please align with Bill/Charles/Emerson to help you with your computers. This has been approved by Joe B. Please note that the option to work from home is not available at this time.

:mad: ... going to the office

I received this email today. I'm positive the bolded was included to head me off at the pass.

The A/C ducts of the office and visitor center will be cleaned in Dec. Please see the schedule below.

It will take +/- 6 to 7 days for the office and +/- 2 to 3 days for the visitor center.

The A/C unit will be off while performing the service. Please note that we have few A/C units in the entire office, and they won’t be off at the same time. In addition, we will be in Dec that should be cooler than now.

We will start with the accounting side of the office, therefore, for those of you working on this side of the building, you will have the option to move your computer to the logistics side or visitor center while the service will be done. If you work in the logistics side, once the vendor starts working there, you may have the option to go to the visitor center. Please align with Bill/Charles/Emerson to help you with your computers. This has been approved by Joe B. Please note that the option to work from home is not available at this time.

booooooo :tdown:

The phrase "pet peeve" is a pet peeve of mine. I'm sure there is some kind of origin story I am too lazy to google.
Don't you dare ask me!@!#;#

Users who are viewing this thread