What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charity Music Draft - Theme 2 (1 Viewer)

Only five sets of votes, covering 12 different lists, received so far.  It's anyone's game!

I suspect people are having to do a lot more listening this time before voting; I know I am.

I did a pretty good job of listening as the draft went on.  Added quite a few to my "whiskey sippin" mix on spotify.

men are designed to conquer, living in a world that sees better ways now. we are raised to fill parents' dreams and suffer parents' shame. none of that and the conflicts it creates are our fault. we are not our feelings. we are what we do with our feelings. good job. good luck. good song.
. I can't get rid of replying to this post on my phone.   I'll get my list in tomorrow morning.  Thanks. 

Through about 1/3 and I can tell I was on a different wavelength than most. I was focused more on the trapped winter lonely frustration,  less on the breakup element. I thought it said the breakup was mutual and amicable but maybe that was a miss on my part. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Determining whether the lyrics fit the category is the toughest part of judging, especially for a person with a wandering mind.  I think I'll bump up songs in the rankings where the lyrics are a snug fit (if/when I notice), but for the most part I'll be judging in favor of songs which I think capture the mood best - if that's okay.

Determining whether the lyrics fit the category is the toughest part of judging, especially for a person with a wandering mind.  I think I'll bump up songs in the rankings where the lyrics are a snug fit (if/when I notice), but for the most part I'll be judging in favor of songs which I think capture the mood best - if that's okay.
Spotify adding the lyrics is really helpful right now 

Everyone can use his/her own criteria for voting.  I did leave some bits of the theme intentionally open so that people could interpret in different ways, which they have.  While there isn't a consensus "winner" yet, those near the top right now have taken a variety of tacks, which I think reflects people using different criteria for their votes.

If CC doesn't mind, I'd really like to encourage everyone to vote even if it is difficult.  I think this is a tough one for everybody, but it's a much better draft the more votes we can get.  There is no "right" answer that anyone should worry about hitting.

Through about 1/3 and I can tell I was on a different wavelength than most. I was focused more on the trapped winter lonely frustration,  less on the breakup element. I thought it said the breakup was mutual and amicable but maybe that was a miss on my part. 
I think the creator of the thought more on your line of thinking. 

I was a little surprised how much everyone leaned on the breakup vs loss of income vs cooped up in the house.  

Everyone can use his/her own criteria for voting.  I did leave some bits of the theme intentionally open so that people could interpret in different ways, which they have.  While there isn't a consensus "winner" yet, those near the top right now have taken a variety of tacks, which I think reflects people using different criteria for their votes.

If CC doesn't mind, I'd really like to encourage everyone to vote even if it is difficult.  I think this is a tough one for everybody, but it's a much better draft the more votes we can get.  There is no "right" answer that anyone should worry about hitting.
Other than selecting really ####ty music (and I'll be generous to a fault not to label anything as such), the thing I'll ding most are lyrics where the guy or girl are crying out, "Baby, please don't leave me."

ETA: and auto-tune will likely get a Clifford the Dog size red X.

Totally fine to go as long as everyone needs.  Even through Sunday is fine by me if that's what's required to get more votes in.
Thank you.  I hoped to listen to the playlist songs in order so I have not been listening to every song as picked (not possible).

And there's no way I can listen to all of them by tomorrow, let alone tonight.  I can guarantee a vote by Sunday.

One more for my list of contenders in this draft.  This song reasonates with me because I used to actually live on a boat, but Strange Boat by the Waterboys is a direct hit with both words and mood.  In hindsight I wish I had drafted this song.

ETA: We're turning flesh and body into soul.

wikkid's choice of "She's No Lady" is one of my overall favorites, but for a Lyle Lovett song on my own list I would have taken "She's Already Made Up Her Mind."  Along with the devastating lyrics and the gentle presentation, the structure of this song just floors me.

She said something about going home
She said something about needing to spend some time alone
And she wondered out loud what it was she had to find
But she's already made up her mind

All my friends told me she was too young
Well I knew that myself and I tried to run
But the faster I ran the more I fell behind
Because she'd already made up her mind

She's already made up her mind

Now there is nothing so deep as the ocean
And there is nothing so high as the sky
And there is nothing so unwavering as a woman