What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Charity Music Draft - Theme 2 (1 Viewer)

TripItUp said:
Nice job Fellas!! 
Awesome and wow.  Didn't expect this at all.  And I voted for the other two!  I'll give a write up about my charity tonight when we get back from Legoland 

i would be a graceless prig not to pause my embargo long enough to thank @Captain Cranks, @krista4fellow participants and voters for acknowledging my selections in CMD2.

Summit Academy made itself known to me for one of the great people, Louis King (check out his chat w Al Franken), to come out of Minnesota's last couple of years of racial unrest and one who impressed as a person with actual answers. i am proud and thankful to now be a supporter of those answers.

good luck in CMD3 and its worthy subject. when i can once again post without my id growling about what indignities we must suffer to enjoy each other's company, i will rejoin you. til next & Happy Holidays!

and congratulations @Ilov80s, @Mister CIA, @Getzlaf15 and @Chaos Commish!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
krista4 said:
THIRD PLACE

Congrats to ... and @Chaos Commish!

It's Christmas week, so instead of dividing stuff up, I'll send $100 to each of your charities.  Please indicate where you want the $ to go.  :)  
Hey now that's a cool surprise. My favorite charity around the holidays is Father Joe's. I like instant gratification for the needy. Muchas gracias. I'll match it times 5.

Li'l note. In the 90s the company I worked for bought 100 turkeys for Thanksgiving and we served the homeless for Father Joe (rip). It was just a soup kitchen using a church rec center for seating and providing shelter for about 100 homeless. Now they house over 2500 people, over 100 families in "dignified" dormitory setups. There's free medical care and a small clinic. Career/job skills training. Drug rehab. A massive childcare center. Well done Father Joe and those who continued his legacy. 

Also, I had the honor of being destroyed in the post by Junior Seau playing a little 3on3 after the food was removed from the 1/2 basketball court where we dished out the plates. 

Hey now that's a cool surprise. My favorite charity around the holidays is Father Joe's. I like instant gratification for the needy. Muchas gracias. I'll match it times 5.

Li'l note. In the 90s the company I worked for bought 100 turkeys for Thanksgiving and we served the homeless for Father Joe (rip). It was just a soup kitchen using a church rec center for seating and providing shelter for about 100 homeless. Now they house over 2500 people, over 100 families in "dignified" dormitory setups. There's free medical care and a small clinic. Career/job skills training. Drug rehab. A massive childcare center. Well done Father Joe and those who continued his legacy. 

Also, I had the honor of being destroyed in the post by Junior Seau playing a little 3on3 after the food was removed from the 1/2 basketball court where we dished out the plates. 

Wow, fantastic choice.  Donation has been made (also to Summit and St. Jude).

Kudos to you, Chaos. I'll disclose: I voted for your playlist. I found it perfect. The Lord Huron song, as I wrote k4 when I voted, was the one I didn't know, and it was achingly beautiful.

I'm thrilled to hear you'll be matching the charitable contribution times five. That's just generous and wonderful. 

Big, big public thanks to krista for organizing and all the work she's putting in. 

Also thanks to commish @Captain Cranks for his organization and generosity. It's a fine thing y'all are doing. I really appreciate it. 

I appreciate this and other comments but feel like I'm garnering more than my fair share of praise.  This is Captain Cranks's idea and baby, and he puts together the draft orders and the spreadsheets.  In addition, he's the one giving the biggest donation each time.  :)   I haven't done much in comparison.

I appreciate this and other comments but feel like I'm garnering more than my fair share of praise.  This is Captain Cranks's idea and baby, and he puts together the draft orders and the spreadsheets.  In addition, he's the one giving the biggest donation each time.  :)   I haven't done much in comparison.
I agree with your praise of Cranks's idea and implementation, not to mention his generosity. It's such a great thing, and I don't mean that lightly. In fact, I'm always embarrassed even giving thanks, so it has to mean something to me for me to publicly laud someone. 

Anyway, enough emoting on my end. 

when i can once again post without my id growling
I was going to ask if this was possible, but then I remember my friend used to call me a "big ball of id," and I don't think it was a compliment, so I'll refrain from saying anything. I would mean it as a compliment. Perhaps it's a sophisticated id? 

Either way, we await your return, friend. 

Kudos to you, Chaos. I'll disclose: I voted for your playlist. I found it perfect. The Lord Huron song, as I wrote k4 when I voted, was the one I didn't know, and it was achingly beautiful.

I'm thrilled to hear you'll be matching the charitable contribution times five. That's just generous and wonderful. 
OMG - I feel a krista-like rant coming on.  Doesn't anybody read my posts (music picks)??!!

;)  

Congrats to the winners! Great playlists all around. 

Sorry, KP. Have you picked that in the past? I'm scared to ask. 

:scared:
Yeah.  That album is one of my faves of the last 10 years or so.   I think I took 4-5 songs from it in the year long draft.   

Looks like CC took the album version.   0 clue what the category was, but I remember taking the version for the NF show that had Phoebe Bridgers singing with him.  LINK

Overall just busting balls.   It's a gorgeous song, and I really don't care how people are introduced to it.  

Good luck in CMD3 and its worthy subject. when i can once again post without my id growling about what indignities we must suffer to enjoy each other's company, i will rejoin you. til next & Happy Holidays!

@Ilov80s, @Mister CIA, @Getzlaf15 and @Chaos Commish
If this is about the laugh emoji, I'm with ya.  I can't think of a more illogical decision and it makes me think he's protecting certain people.  It's certainly not because he's afraid to use the ban hammer on the rest of us.

Yeah.  That album is one of my faves of the last 10 years or so.   I think I took 4-5 songs from it in the year long draft.   

Overall just busting balls.   It's a gorgeous song, and I really don't care how people are introduced to it.  
Awesome. I didn't know that it's one of your faves. I don't participate in the year-long or year-ending ones, except for 2018, I think. I also just have certain memory lapses. 

I knew or figured you were teasing and weren't hurt. That was a really good song. Cool stuff. 

Awesome. I didn't know that it's one of your faves. I don't participate in the year-long or year-ending ones, except for 2018, I think. I also just have certain memory lapses. 

I knew or figured you were teasing and weren't hurt. That was a really good song. Cool stuff. 
You weren't in Genrepolooza4 ?  

Oh yeah, I was. Whoops. I thought you meant year-end, not G4. Oh well. I'm a clod. Heh. 
You were also in the Desert Island Discs draft for the 2010s.  I had to look if my memory was correct, and here it was:

1    .    8    ---    KarmaPolice    ---    Lord Huron    ---    Strange Trails

:pokey:   ;)  

Long story short, I think if people liked that song, they would like a good bit of that album, especially songs like Love Like Ghosts, Meet Me in the Woods, and Yawning Grave/Frozen Pines.  

TripItUp said:
Nice job Fellas!! 

Many thanks to Cranks for doing all of this and to Krista for trying to laugh at everything.

My Charity is Camp Del Corazon.

It's a camp every late summer for kids 7-17 that have had open heart surgeries, on Catalina Island. Very special place and time they all have as they rarely see anyone else with a zipper on their chest like them. It's all free for the kids. 

My youngest son, Zack, is 24. He went to all those age 7-17 years and has now been a counselor the last six. Feel free to use his camp handle, Tchaikovsky, on the donation form when asked. Zack had three such surgeries from age one to 15 months old.

The annual camp Gala raises a ton of money to make this all happen. Zack and I have gone to the last four. Tom Arnold is the Camp spokesman and spends a week at all three camps playing with with the kids. Tom somehow was able to get the second-to-last episode of ER to be based on the camp. Sylvester Stallone and family are huge contributors as they have a son that had surgeries also.

Donate here

Many, many thanks!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Many thanks to Cranks for doing all of this and to Krista for trying to laugh at everything.

My Charity is Camp Del Corazon.

It's a camp every late summer for kids 7-17 that have had open heart surgeries, on Catalina Island. Very special place and time they all have as they rarely see anyone else with a zipper on their chest like them. It's all free for the kids. 

My youngest son, Zack, is 24. He went to all those age 7-17 years and has now been a counselor the last six. Feel free to use his camp handle, Tchaikovsky, on the donation form when asked. Zack had three such surgeries from age one to 15 months old.

The annual camp Gala raises a ton of money to make this all happen. Zack and I have gone to the last four. Tom Arnold is the Camp spokesman and spends a week at all three camps playing with with the kids. Tom somehow was able to get the second-to-last episode of ER to be based on the camp. Sylvester Stallone and family are huge contributors as they have a son that had surgeries also.

Donate here

Many, many thanks!!!!!
So cool!  Donation made, with Tchaikovsky named "in honor of."

Users who are viewing this thread