What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Brown (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still say Brown will run circles around DeShaun Foster's numbers this year.But that's why they play the games . . .
Interesting comparison there. If Brown is the uncontested starter, I'd agree with you. However, if the Titans do bring in an Antowain Smith to take some carries, Foster is likely the better play because he is definitely the more dynamic talent and will do more with limited opportunity than Brown will.

I still say Brown will run circles around DeShaun Foster's numbers this year.But that's why they play the games . . .
Interesting comparison there. If Brown is the uncontested starter, I'd agree with you. However, if the Titans do bring in an Antowain Smith to take some carries, Foster is likely the better play because he is definitely the more dynamic talent and will do more with limited opportunity than Brown will.
Anybody they bring in will not prevent Brown from at least 250 carries this year. Every back in the NFL gets a breather now and then. Some more than others, but there is NO reason to believe that James Stewart or A Smith would cut into Brown's carries that much. Signing Stewart or A Smith does NOT lower Brown's value one bit.

Anybody they bring in will not prevent Brown from at least 250 carries this year... but there is NO reason to believe that James Stewart or A Smith would cut into Brown's carries that much. Signing Stewart or A Smith does NOT lower Brown's value one bit.
:wall: :wall: :wall:

Anybody they bring in will not prevent Brown from at least 250 carries this year... but there is NO reason to believe that James Stewart or A Smith would cut into Brown's carries that much. Signing Stewart or A Smith does NOT lower Brown's value one bit.

Johnny, it has to lower his value some. Just like if Eddiee goes to Dallas that would drop Julius Jones's value. How could it not, it is common sense.However, whether they bring in A. Smith or Stewart, those 2 guys won't cut into Brown's numbers as much as Eddie George would have. Eddie would have been close to a split overall, these guys will probably get about 25 percent.

Johnny, it has to lower his value some. Just like if Eddiee goes to Dallas that would drop Julius Jones's value. How could it not, it is common sense.However, whether they bring in A. Smith or Stewart, those 2 guys won't cut into Brown's numbers as much as Eddie George would have. Eddie would have been close to a split overall, these guys will probably get about 25 percent.
I can't believe the only person on this board that agrees with me isn't even on this board....it's a damn CBS writer :loco:

Does Chester Taylor and Musa lower Jamal Lewis value?The point is that no back gets 100% of the carries. I believe anyone they bring in would get only enough carries to relieve Brown from time to time, not split carries with him.

Blurb I just read on CBS that appears to echo my sentiments:

with George on the market, the value of several running backs could be altered this season. Second-year rusher Chris Brown would move up the depth chart and emerge as the Titans' starter, but the team will also look to sign a veteran such as James Stewart, Antowain Smith or Stacey Mack as insurance.  Brown and Robert Holcombe are the only two backs on the roster with NFL experience -- Troy Fleming, Vick King and Jarrett Payton are all rookies -- so owners should expect a veteran to be signed and take carries from Brown and limit the rise in his value. At best, the Colorado product will serve as a useful No. 3, flex player or an occasional No. 2 against favorable opponents.
Two key words = "At Best" :football:
Two key words = "as insurance". :football: There is nothing to indicate this is anything but insurance against injury, as ANY team would have. There is also nothing to suggest that Smith, Mack or whoever they bring in would take any more carries away from Brown than any other backup would take from the starter. There is always the chance Brown could flop, but your suggestion that Foster would be a top 10 back in Tennessee where Brown will be, at best, a top 20 back is no better than rolling dice. BOTH are unproven as starters.

Johnny, it has to lower his value some.  Just like if Eddiee goes to Dallas that would drop Julius Jones's value.  How could it not, it is common sense.However, whether they bring in A. Smith or Stewart, those 2 guys won't cut into Brown's numbers as much as Eddie George would have. Eddie would have been close to a split overall, these guys will probably get about 25 percent.
Does Chester Taylor and Musa lower Jamal Lewis value?The point is that no back gets 100% of the carries. I believe anyone they bring in would get only enough carries to relieve Brown from time to time, not split carries with him.
No, Chester and Musa doesn't lower Lewis's value. Are you suggesting that Chris Brown is now on par with Jamal Lewis. The same guy who just busted 2000 last year is being compared to Chris Brown.Chris Brown is unproven in this league as a starter. So when they bring in a vet, guys like A. Smith or James Stewart, you can assume they will get more carries than Musa Smith or Chester Taylor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Johnny, it has to lower his value some.  Just like if Eddiee goes to Dallas that would drop Julius Jones's value.  How could it not, it is common sense.However, whether they bring in A. Smith or Stewart, those 2 guys won't cut into Brown's numbers as much as Eddie George would have. Eddie would have been close to a split overall, these guys will probably get about 25 percent.
No, Chester and Musa doesn't lower Lewis's value. Are you suggesting that Chris Brown is now on par with Jamal Lewis. The same guy who just busted 2000 last year is being compared to Chris Brown.Chris Brown is unproven in this league as a starter. So when they bring in a vet, guys like A. Smith or James Stewart, you can assume they will get more carries than Musa Smith or Chester Taylor.
No, I'm not suggesting that Brown is on par with Jamal Lewis. I figured that was a given and didn't need to mention it. I guess I was wrong. Also, there is no basis to suggest that if they bring in stiffs like Stewart or A Smith, that they would prevent Brown from getting 250 carries.

Johnny, I guess I don't understand your point about Musa and Chester with Jamal. The reason they don't subtract value is because they were already in Baltimore going into this year and that Jamal is a proven stud.You threw them out as a comparison correct? I just don't see the comparison when talking about bringing in Stewart or Smith. Guys that have carried the load for their teams in the near past. For crying out loud, Antwan Smith just was the leading rusher for the Super Bowl Champs last year. So you think they're going to bring him in and give him 1.5 million not to get carries. I'm talking about 100 plus carries, maybe closer to 130. I do. They'll use the Vet. they bring in more than Chester Taylor or Musa Smith will be used, I'll gaurantee you that.I'll give you that Brown will be the leading ball carrier, but he's not in the same situation yet with all the stud Rb's who you know will get the ball every series. If you thought that of Brown, he'd mid ranked in the top 15 Rb's.

Johnny, I guess I don't understand your point about Musa and Chester with Jamal. The reason they don't subtract value is because they were already in Baltimore going into this year and that Jamal is a proven stud.You threw them out as a comparison correct? I just don't see the comparison when talking about bringing in Stewart or Smith. Guys that have carried the load for their teams in the near past. For crying out loud, Antwan Smith just was the leading rusher for the Super Bowl Champs last year. So you think they're going to bring him in and give him 1.5 million not to get carries. I'm talking about 100 plus carries, maybe closer to 130. I do. They'll use the Vet. they bring in more than Chester Taylor or Musa Smith will be used, I'll gaurantee you that.I'll give you that Brown will be the leading ball carrier, but he's not in the same situation yet with all the stud Rb's who you know will get the ball every series. If you thought that of Brown, he'd mid ranked in the top 15 Rb's.
I will admit the Chester Taylor, Musa Smith comparison was bad, but I do believe Tenn will give Brown a legitimate shot whether they bring in Stewart or Smith. Meaning he will get his 250 carries as long as he performs from the beginning.

I will admit the Chester Taylor, Musa Smith comparison was bad, but I do believe Tenn will give Brown a legitimate shot whether they bring in Stewart or Smith. Meaning he will get his 250 carries as long as he performs from the beginning.
I agree with you there as far as getting a shot. I think he gets more than a shot, I think he's the starter but will get more relief than your stud would as the Vet. they bring in will get some work.

I'll give you that Brown will be the leading ball carrier
Why would anybody be willing to concede that in this hypothetical?
Well, let's see, if YOU were running a team and had the following options to pick from, who would seem like the most logical choice.George, 31, 3.3 ypc in 2003Stewart, 33, DNP in 2003ASmith, 32, 3.5 ypc in 2003Mack, 29, 2.7 ypc in 2003Brown, 23, 4.3 ypc in 2003 (including playoffs)Just thinking out loud . . .

Johnny, I guess I don't understand your point about Musa and Chester with Jamal. The reason they don't subtract value is because they were already in Baltimore going into this year and that Jamal is a proven stud.You threw them out as a comparison correct? I just don't see the comparison when talking about bringing in Stewart or Smith.  Guys that have carried the load for their teams in the near past. For crying out loud, Antwan Smith just was the leading rusher for the Super Bowl Champs last year. So you think they're going to bring him in and give him 1.5 million not to get carries. I'm talking about 100 plus carries, maybe closer to 130. I do.  They'll use the Vet. they bring in more than Chester Taylor or Musa Smith will be used, I'll gaurantee you that.I'll give you that Brown will be the leading ball carrier, but he's not in the same situation yet with all the stud Rb's who you know will get the ball every series. If you thought that of Brown, he'd mid ranked in the top 15 Rb's.
I agree with you there as far as getting a shot. I think he gets more than a shot, I think he's the starter but will get more relief than your stud would as the Vet. they bring in will get some work.
The STIFFS won't be stealing too many carries if Brown performs very well out of the gate.

Because the Titans were confident enough to not give George anymore money, which leads me to believe they think Brown can get the job done.Lhucks, Can you agree with me that Tennesse is trying to win a Super Bowl this year. If you do, you don't think they're going to get rid of their starting RB for the year do you?Me either, so they kept Brown. And with them thinking S.B., you can't honostly believe that they would put their hopes into James Stewart do you? A guy who doesn't even know their plays at the end of July.For those that don't think the Titans are going with Chris Brown this season are a little behind IMO in this situation. I plan on having a Vet. brought in, but he won't be the starter, it's Chris Brown. Otherwise Eddie would have been paid a little more money.

Because the Titans:1) did not draft a clear heir/stud RB this year2) did not choose to pay a relatively small amount of money to retain their current (now ex)starting RB 3) have done nothing to disprove the idea that Brown is the clear #1 this year4) would be blooming idiots to make any of the other stiffs mentioned in this thread (A. Smith, Stewart, Mack) the leading ball carrierOther than that, no reason.

Well, let's see, if YOU were running a team and had the following options to pick from, who would seem like the most logical choice.George, 31, 3.3 ypc in 2003Stewart, 33, DNP in 2003ASmith, 32, 3.5 ypc in 2003Mack, 29, 2.7 ypc in 2003Brown, 23, 4.3 ypc in 2003 (including playoffs)Just thinking out loud . . .
A) You can't compare YPC numbers with players from different systems (Olandis Gary in Denver vs. Olandis everywhere else)B) YPC numbers are inflated with part time RBs...see Zereoue

Because the Titans:1) did not draft a clear heir/stud RB this year2) did not choose to pay a relatively small amount of money to retain their current (now ex)starting RB 3) have done nothing to disprove the idea that Brown is the clear #1 this year4) would be blooming idiots to make any of the other stiffs mentioned in this thread (A. Smith, Stewart, Mack) the leading ball carrierOther than that, no reason.
a) maybe because they knew they would have George or a free agent...they are trying to win now and a rookie RB doesn't accomplish that usuallyb) I thought 1.5 was sizable, incentive laden, but sizablec) Nor have they come out and said Brown is the #1 which is HUGEd) A. Smith and Stewart are better RBs than Chris Brown...I truly believe that...based on what I've seen in the past two years. Now Brown may have increased his abilities over the offseason, but I'll believe that when I see it.I'm not saying Brown wont start the season as the #1, I'm saying there is a good chance he wont start the season as the #1 and even a better chance he wont finish the season as a #1.Both of which make him a very risky 4th round pick.

I think anyone who expects a player like Antowain Smith to be a significant factor in the long term is kidding himself. There's a reason no one has signed James Stewart or Antowain Smith. If Chris Brown is even an average NFL RB he should be able to keep the job through 2004. I saw Brown play in college and last year. He has an upright style, but he can be a decent pro RB if he bulks up a bit. I'm not sure he's star material, but it's also important to realize that he was probably only hitting his stride right near the end of the season. He was slowed by injuries for much of the early part of the year.

I think anyone who expects a player like Antowain Smith to be a significant factor in the long term is kidding himself. There's a reason no one has signed James Stewart and Antowain Smith. If Chris Brown is even an average NFL RB he should be able to keep the job through 2004. I saw Brown play in college and last year. He has an upright style, but he can be a decent pro RB if he bulks up a bit. I'm not sure he's star material, but it's also important to realize that he was probably only hitting his stride physically right near the end of the season. He was slowed by injuries for much of the early part of the year.
From Sporting News:
Lost in all of the talk about what the Titans will do with Eddie George has been Chris Brown's offseason dedication. Brown figures to get far more carries regardless of whether George is back. Brown was in the team's weight room four days after the Titans were bounced out of the playoffs by the Patriots. Brown has gotten bigger and stronger and maintained his speed, all while answering the question about just how badly he wants to play. ...

Live press conference: Fisher says Brown will play much more than he would have had Eddie stayed, but will share carries with whomever they agree to terms with.

Live press conference: Fisher says Brown will play much more than he would have had Eddie stayed, but will share carries with whomever they agree to terms with.
RBBC...which is what I've been saying all along.

THats it. I'm done listening to you. Completely. RBBC? EVERY BACK IN THE LEAGUE SHARES CARRIES.And for what its worth, what you've been saying all along is that Eddie wasn't going anywhere, not RBBC.COlin

Of course, but like most other RBs in the league the important matter is the percentage of carries. Brown's percentage just went up in the last few minutes, as stated by the coach. :thumbup:

THats it. I'm done listening to you. Completely. RBBC? EVERY BACK IN THE LEAGUE SHARES CARRIES.And for what its worth, what you've been saying all along is that Eddie wasn't going anywhere, not RBBC.COlin
every back in the league shares carries
Give me a break Colin. Sharing carries and RBBC are two different animals. RBBC in my opinion says no Tenn RB is worth a 4th round pick or higher.
And for what it's worth, what you've been saying all along is that Eddie wasn't going anywhere, not RBBC.
You're right and wrong about this, it completely surprised me that Eddie turned it down. I've contended all along that Eddie and Brown were worthless picks because they would be an RBBC or Eddie would be the majority ball carrier...either of which support my original assertions. Are you implying you knew Eddie wouldn't accept the offer? :rolleyes:

Bottom line here is that Eddie leaving is good news for Brown owners, period. Who the Titans bring in and how the carries get divied up will likely be determined by how well Brown runs. And that's the boon for Brown owners. With Eddie there, Brown would still be caught in depth chart hell. Now, it's his job to lose. There are guys/staff on this board that feel Brown has the goods to be a feature back in the NFL, and there are clearly guys who think far less of him. At least now, we're going to get some resolution to this. As of now, Brown is still a gamble, but far less so than he was a week ago.

every back in the league shares carries
Give me a break Colin. Sharing carries and RBBC are two different animals. RBBC in my opinion says no Tenn RB is worth a 4th round pick or higher.
And for what it's worth, what you've been saying all along is that Eddie wasn't going anywhere, not RBBC.
You're right and wrong about this, it completely surprised me that Eddie turned it down. I've contended all along that Eddie and Brown were worthless picks because they would be an RBBC or Eddie would be the majority ball carrier...either of which support my original assertions. Are you implying you knew Eddie wouldn't accept the offer? :rolleyes:
Its just frustrating. ;) If you think Brown will fall flat on his face and be a 2.2 ypc guy for 6 weeks before they replace him with someone else, than spell that out. But to deny that he is going to have the opportunity to be the MAIN ball-carrier for a quality team that historically runs the ball a TON is silly. If you take their Rushes-out-of-the-backfield average since Fisher has been there, and give Brown 2/3 of those carries, thats 290. At 4ypc, thats 1160 yards on the ground.Did I know George wasn't coming back? I didn't "know" any more than any one else, but I was willing to see it at 50/50 or worse while you called it "50 to 1", which was also silly.Its pointless to talk about "4th round pick or higher" because every redraft league is different. However, MOST redraft leagues have close to 30 RBs gone by the end of the 4th round. If you are absolutely unwilling to concede that Chris Brown is in prime position to be a Top-30 back, than I honestly have very little left to add to the discussion.Colin

Its pointless to talk about "4th round pick or higher" because every redraft league is different. However, MOST redraft leagues have close to 30 RBs gone by the end of the 4th round. If you are absolutely unwilling to concede that Chris Brown is in prime position to be a Top-30 back, than I honestly have very little left to add to the discussion.Colin
I guess we're starting to get into draft philosophy now. But I don't waste 4th round picks on RBs that have little chance of making an impact when I can get a much more proven WR or QB or TE etc. etc.Obviously it depends on the draft, league, etc., but I would never draft Brown in the fourth round in most expert redraft leagues.In my redraft cheatsheet rankings with today's news I have Brown at about 38. And in a standard 12 team league, re-draft I'd be looking at a 7th or 8th round pick...depending on the flexibility of the league with respect to free agents and trading.In my projection rankings I have Brown ranked 31 because he is a safer bet to get mediocre numbers than are guys like Bell, Suggs, Green etc.I don't want to divert this thread into my draft philosophy, I'm just trying to be very clear on where I stand on Brown as of today. After/If they sign Stewart or Smith and what the coaches say upon that signing will obviously impact these rankings.Clear?

One other item:I heavily penalize RBs in my rankings that haven't proven they can play through an entire season or at least a significant portion as the everydown back...thus I have players like Westbrook, DD, Rudi, and Brown lower than the consensus. DD is the least impacted since he has started the most games, but you get the idea.

Well reading the info on this Ant Smith coming town means they are not sold on mister Charlie Brown aka Chris Brown... It has been great the last 2 days watch people in redraft leagues taking chris brown in the late 2nd or early 3rd on thee HYPE hope the hype holds up for my other 3 drafts....

Well reading the info on this Ant Smith coming town means they are not sold on mister Charlie Brown aka Chris Brown... It has been great the last 2 days watch people in redraft leagues taking chris brown in the late 2nd or early 3rd on thee HYPE hope the hype holds up for my other 3 drafts....
I dont believe that for a second. Any smart GM will make sure he has a quality backup if something were to happen to the starter. Ant Smith was just in Tampa, does that mean Gruden has no faith in Garner/Pittman/Alstott/Jamel White?? I dont think so. If you can get a "proven" Backup for a good price you would be a fool to turn that down and Antowain will probably play for cheap. Besides the fact they have NO ONE behind Brown on the depth chart. they would be idiots to not give A.Smith or J.Stewart a call.

I dont believe that for a second. Any smart GM will make sure he has a quality backup if something were to happen to the starter. Ant Smith was just in Tampa, does that mean Gruden has no faith in Garner/Pittman/Alstott/Jamel White?? I dont think so. If you can get a "proven" Backup for a good price you would be a fool to turn that down and Antowain will probably play for cheap. Besides the fact they have NO ONE behind Brown on the depth chart. they would be idiots to not give A.Smith or J.Stewart a call.
I'm surprised you even answerd his post. You would think that everyone could figure out the reason why A Smith was signed. It isn't rocket science.

a) maybe because they knew they would have George or a free agent...they are trying to win now and a rookie RB doesn't accomplish that usuallyb) I thought 1.5 was sizable, incentive laden, but sizablec) Nor have they come out and said Brown is the #1 which is HUGEd) A. Smith and Stewart are better RBs than Chris Brown...I truly believe that...based on what I've seen in the past two years. Now Brown may have increased his abilities over the offseason, but I'll believe that when I see it.I'm not saying Brown wont start the season as the #1, I'm saying there is a good chance he wont start the season as the #1 and even a better chance he wont finish the season as a #1.Both of which make him a very risky 4th round pick.
Wow, A, Smith or Stewart better than Brown!!! :eek: That's a pretty amazing statement for two guys that weren't even retained by their teams. Couldn't disagree with you more, but at least your taking a stand and sticking to it.

Wow, A, Smith or Stewart better than Brown!!! :eek: That's a pretty amazing statement for two guys that weren't even retained by their teams. Couldn't disagree with you more, but at least your taking a stand and sticking to it.
Yeah, that was some funny **** :D :lol:

Alright here is my take from everything I have gathered. I do not own Brown and have not liked him since watching him at Colorado. I do not like his running style, I do not like his durability, I do not like the fact that he will be replacing a great leader and a warrior who has been one of the most durable and reliable backs ever (tell me he's not a hall of famer PUH-LEASE. Put down the crack pipe or should I say YPC Pipe). Now that is my personal take on Chris Brown himself. The Titans have been conservative for quite a few years now. However I believe that they are moving towards opening the offense up more. McNair and Mason are in their primes and Bennett and Calico have shown flashes of being good if not great. Add in Troupe/Kinney and Berlin or Hill and they have a damn good set of recieving options. I know the stats don't back me up but I believe it will be hard not to open it up more with these players on board and an unproven RB starting. They did lose some on the DLine and this will hurt there defense some at least to start out with. Rookie DL's are notorious for being slow to develop. The rest of the D could be great if they can stay healthy but the line is the most important thing on the defense IMO and that would be Tennesee's weakness (at least to start out with IMO). Even though I do not like Brown it would be stupid to deny his opportunity and his value if you got him cheap. He does have a good upside which I do put my blinders too just because I don't believe he can reach that either by lack of skill or lack of durability. I believe now is the time to sell on Brown while the hype machine is high.Edit to add: Eddie deserved the money he was asking for. He played through every injury he has had for the Titans. He gave 100% all the time for them and was a major locker room presence not too mention had an impact on the coaching staff which seemed obvious today. It's sad to see this happen to another RB. Oh well though thats the NFL.

After reading through the LHUCKS/HERD debate, and the rest of the drivel in this thread, here's my take...I knew Eddie wasn't staying. Notice in EBF I drafted CB as my #1 RB, and never grabbed EG as his backup on my team.CB has shown dramatic improvement over his NFL career, he was so dedicated this offseason that it gave the Titans enough confidence and leverage to play hardball with Eddie.ASmith is insurance, nothing else.

After reading through the LHUCKS/HERD debate, and the rest of the drivel in this thread, here's my take...

I knew Eddie wasn't staying. Notice in EBF I drafted CB as my #1 RB, and never grabbed EG as his backup on my team.

CB has shown dramatic improvement over his NFL career, he was so dedicated this offseason that it gave the Titans enough confidence and leverage to play hardball with Eddie.

ASmith is insurance, nothing else.
People that consider improvement over one year end up with players like William Green. :devil:

After reading through the LHUCKS/HERD debate, and the rest of the drivel in this thread, here's my take...

I knew Eddie wasn't staying. Notice in EBF I drafted CB as my #1 RB, and never grabbed EG as his backup on my team.

CB has shown dramatic improvement over his NFL career, he was so dedicated this offseason that it gave the Titans enough confidence and leverage to play hardball with Eddie.

ASmith is insurance, nothing else.
People that consider improvement over one year end up with players like William Green. :devil:
Funny, but when you draft a guy his potential goes up 10 fold. Or is it the other way around? :confused:

CB has shown dramatic improvement over his NFL career,
what?
His YPC increased in every month of the season.His two best games were his last two, both on the road against top-5 defenses.You're right that it isn't much, but thats the only Pro info on the guy we have, so its worth examining a little.Colin

what?
His YPC increased in every month of the season.His two best games were his last two, both on the road against top-5 defenses.You're right that it isn't much, but thats the only Pro info on the guy we have, so its worth examining a little.Colin
74 carries is NO WHERE NEAR enough to say he's improved over his NFL career. That's ludicrous. It is encouraging that he improved month to month through the year. However, he certainly didn't improve game to game. Just trying to inject a little sanity back into this, it's 74 freakin carries.

what?
well I consider not just statistics but other aspects of the game as well, and over the last few games of the season, he was a totally different, vastly improved player.He seemed to understand the scheme better, pick up blocks better, had a knack for receiving (and getting open even if the ball didn't go his way).

This offseason there were a number of reports about how good he looked, how dedicated he was, he appears to have improved greatly from the guy who couldn't even make it onto the field the first three games, and then put up a whopping 0.5YPC his first go.

With the departure of Eddie George, Chris Brown is now the focus of the Titans running game. Questions such as "Can he do the job? Can he stay healthy?" will need to be answered. "I welcome the opportunity if they now expect big things out of me. I'm going to go out there and get the job done," said Brown. "I've been here preparing all offseason so that I can get ready for what happens and be ready for any situation. I've been getting ready ... and getting in shape to stay injury free."

what?
well I consider not just statistics but other aspects of the game as well, and over the last few games of the season, he was a totally different, vastly improved player.He seemed to understand the scheme better, pick up blocks better, had a knack for receiving (and getting open even if the ball didn't go his way).

This offseason there were a number of reports about how good he looked, how dedicated he was, he appears to have improved greatly from the guy who couldn't even make it onto the field the first three games, and then put up a whopping 0.5YPC his first go.

With the departure of Eddie George, Chris Brown is now the focus of the Titans running game. Questions such as "Can he do the job? Can he stay healthy?" will need to be answered. "I welcome the opportunity if they now expect big things out of me. I'm going to go out there and get the job done," said Brown. "I've been here preparing all offseason so that I can get ready for what happens and be ready for any situation. I've been getting ready ... and getting in shape to stay injury free."
Ya'll know LHUCKS is lurking, right? You will give him a coronary with this kind of talk. :rant:

what?

Up and beyond that, the increase in production also indicates how the hamstring tear probably affected his play early on (or maybe as you mention, the related lack of practicing with the team early in the season put him behind), whereas late season production showed what Brown is capable of when healed.

Ya'll know LHUCKS is lurking, right? You will give him a coronary with this kind of talk. :rant:
There is nothing left to be said, either you think Brown is worth a 4th rounder or you don't. Time will tell. If the coaches come out and say Brown is going to get 60 percent of the touches this year I'll bump him up...until then this is a RBBC. My best guess is that Brown doesn't even make it through the season.Brown '04 = Candidate '03

74 carries is NO WHERE NEAR enough to say he's improved over his NFL career. That's ludicrous. It is encouraging that he improved month to month through the year. However, he certainly didn't improve game to game. Just trying to inject a little sanity back into this, it's 74 freakin carries.
But that IS his whole career... or are you going to argue that it isn't?Just compare the playoffs to the beginning of the season...or would you prefer we ONLY look at the Buffalo and Tampa Bay games at the end of the year...here's what we really have to go by...11/09 vs. Miami 12-46-3.8-0 (MIA avg'd 3.3 YPC against)12/21 @ Houston 10-69-6.9-0 (HOU avg'd 4.4 YPC against)In both cases he was better than average, in his only extensive work... I prefer 12-15 carries, but he only had one game with 12 carries, and then one with 10. Yes, it is a limited sample size, but we base rookies off training camp and college highlights, and yet it's good enough.As far as game by game, he did for the most part continue improving...0.5->3.0->3.8->3.8->0.7->8.5->4.0->5.8->1.5->6.9->3.7I wouldn't expect 5.0YPC this season, but 4.2-4.4 is realistic... at 300 carries, that's 1320yards, not too shabby, top-12 or so

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread