What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chris Ivory (1 Viewer)

Have had him on the bench most of the season. Good game last night but the jets crappy offense makes him hard to trust. Gonna try to trade him to somebody
Been trying to move him and it's a tough road. Maybe he will get a bump from last night which will help.

He's actually been pretty solid on my bench most of the season (Chargers and Broncos games notwithstanding) but last night was the first time I started him. Happy get came through for me. Definitely hard to trust, but I think he's a good bench/depth guy.

had him on my bench in FFPC unfortunately. I was going back and forth between him and Rueben Randle but in a PPR, I went with Randle. Looks like a mistake. :\
Yeah, I benched him for ingram at the last second yesterday because of his crappy stat lines the last two weeks. I'm doubting ingram beats the twenty or so points I lost by not starting ivory last night.

Quietly the number 10 overall rb in my league. I may actually start him this week. Surprised not more talk about this guy. Probably because he's on the jets

Quietly the number 10 overall rb in my league. I may actually start him this week. Surprised not more talk about this guy. Probably because he's on the jets
I can't get anywhere close to fair value for him, no one respects him. I think he's RB12 right now and I was shopping him around to teams for a WR. There were teams that were starting Frank Gore or Trent Richardson who wouldn't deal a WR like Emmanual Sanders or Terrance Williams for him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I offered him straight up for Knile 3 weeks ago (I own Charles). No response. Guess that was insulting.

Thinking about starting him over vereen
Looks like we are in the same boat

My top 3 backs are Ivory, Hillman and Vereen

Ivory is playing on the road at KC this week. In my league KC has given up the least amount of points to RB’s this season.

Vegas has the over under on the Broncos/Pats game at around 55, the Jets/KC around 40

I don’t know if I can make myself start Ivory given that info

Looks like we are in the same boatMy top 3 backs are Ivory, Hillman and Vereen

Ivory is playing on the road at KC this week. In my league KC has given up the least amount of points to RB’s this season.

Vegas has the over under on the Broncos/Pats game at around 55, the Jets/KC around 40

Wow good info. Yeah my first instinct was to start vereen over ivory but when you really break down the numbers comparing their performance s this season it really leans ivory. But there is no question who is on the better offense. I think vereen also gets more chances to score vs den. I could see kc blowing nyj out and allowing 0 tds. Vereen almost scored twice last week with gray getting like 20 carries. I don't think gray gets that much this week. Its tough but gun to my head I think I will prob start vereen

God, this guy... I have him as well in FFPC but have a decent line-up, so he's always on my bench. And he's on my bench this week, too. lol.

Wow good info. Yeah my first instinct was to start vereen over ivory but when you really break down the numbers comparing their performance s this season it really leans ivory. But there is no question who is on the better offense. I think vereen also gets more chances to score vs den. I could see kc blowing nyj out and allowing 0 tds. Vereen almost scored twice last week with gray getting like 20 carries. I don't think gray gets that much this week. Its tough but gun to my head I think I will prob start vereen
Jesus, don't do that. Ivory is RB 9 in non-PPR. Forte is on bye. Ivory is in the top eight. Christ. Vereen could go off. He's RB 17. So...your decision. But them's the facts.

eta* why Ivory is on anybody's bench besides worrying about injury is beyond me.

KC's D is not that good, eventually there will be a game where they let a rb score a buttload of points. Plus, this has the look of a game where one team does not take it that seriously, thus making it closer than it should be...

Jesus, don't do that. Ivory is RB 9 in non-PPR. Forte is on bye. Ivory is in the top eight. Christ. Vereen could go off. He's RB 17. So...your decision. But them's the facts.

eta* why Ivory is on anybody's bench besides worrying about injury is beyond me.
I understand that ivory has outperformed vereen so far. But this is about this Sunday and the matchups between the 2 tell me to start vereen. Wish ivorys matchup wasn't so bad

I understand that ivory has outperformed vereen so far. But this is about this Sunday and the matchups between the 2 tell me to start vereen. Wish ivorys matchup wasn't so bad
Yep. Do your thing.

I have Bell and Ingram ahead of him, but I have had no problem giving him the nod when a bye or injury comes up.

I still can't believe the disrespect he's been getting. I offered a owner in my league Ivory or Denard for Mike Wallace and he chose Denard.

I have Bell and Ingram ahead of him, but I have had no problem giving him the nod when a bye or injury comes up.

I still can't believe the disrespect he's been getting. I offered a owner in my league Ivory or Denard for Mike Wallace and he chose Denard.
Wow. Injury history just lingers. I have to cut Gore or Johnson this week, it seems, and I'm leaning Johnson, with reservations. Trying to trade out of it.

Ivory is playing on the road at KC this week. In my league KC has given up the least amount of points to RBs this season.

I dont know if I can make myself start Ivory given that info

I have Bell and Ingram ahead of him, but I have had no problem giving him the nod when a bye or injury comes up.I still can't believe the disrespect he's been getting. I offered a owner in my league Ivory or Denard for Mike Wallace and he chose Denard.
Wow. Injury history just lingers. I have to cut Gore or Johnson this week, it seems, and I'm leaning Johnson, with reservations. Trying to trade out of it.
Johnson? Chris Johnson? Yea I cut him week 4. Hasn't hurt me yet. Biggest draft mistake this year.

Insein said:

Ivory is playing on the road at KC this week. In my league KC has given up the least amount of points to RBs this season.

I dont know if I can make myself start Ivory given that info

I have Bell and Ingram ahead of him, but I have had no problem giving him the nod when a bye or injury comes up.I still can't believe the disrespect he's been getting. I offered a owner in my league Ivory or Denard for Mike Wallace and he chose Denard.
Johnson? Chris Johnson? Yea I cut him week 4. Hasn't hurt me yet. Biggest draft mistake this year.
Only thing that keeps me coming back is Ivory's injury history. If he gets hurt, I want a piece of the Jet running game, for some reason.

One of the most underrated RBs in the league now. Was Top 5 in yards after contact and PFF's elusive rating in 2013. Making just as many missed tackles this year. Top 10 this year in rushing yards and rushing TDs. Runs with as much power as anyone in the league right now.

You can't trade him because you'll never get value back based on no one wanting him. Hold on to him and pray Vick turns things around and up his value further. Injuries are a concern, but that's every single RB. Charles, Ingram, Martin, Ball, Gio, Bradshaw, etc. Show me a RB without some injury concern.

One of the most underrated RBs in the league now. Was Top 5 in yards after contact and PFF's elusive rating in 2013. Making just as many missed tackles this year. Top 10 this year in rushing yards and rushing TDs. Runs with as much power as anyone in the league right now.

You can't trade him because you'll never get value back based on no one wanting him. Hold on to him and pray Vick turns things around and up his value further. Injuries are a concern, but that's every single RB. Charles, Ingram, Martin, Ball, Gio, Bradshaw, etc. Show me a RB without some injury concern.
Sure sounds like you would play ivory over vereen

One problem with Ivory is he has hands of stone. He is a good rb but is dependent on touches and td's more then other top 10 rb's. The jets have tried at times to get him some receptions, but it is painful watching him catch a football. The rb's this year have been a crap shoot and Ivory has actually been decent all things considered. He is a decent RB 2 for the now and future.

One problem with Ivory is he has hands of stone. He is a good rb but is dependent on touches and td's more then other top 10 rb's. The jets have tried at times to get him some receptions, but it is painful watching him catch a football. The rb's this year have been a crap shoot and Ivory has actually been decent all things considered. He is a decent RB 2 for the now and future.
He's actually looked better catching the ball this season, but no he's not a great receiver and he isn't heavily used in the passing game. He has 12 catches in 8 games which puts him on pace for a career high 24 receptions and his 8.6 ypr is fairly decent for a RB.

He's actually looked better catching the ball this season, but no he's not a great receiver and he isn't heavily used in the passing game. He has 12 catches in 8 games which puts him on pace for a career high 24 receptions and his 8.6 ypr is fairly decent for a RB.
Anyone watch the Lions game this year when Ivory T-Rex-arm dropped a screen pass that looked like a 60 yard TD?It was a thing of beauty.

Dr. Octopus said:
Carter_Can_Fly said:
Gridiron11 said:

8.6 ypr is pretty darn good for any back.

Agreed, his lack of action in the passing game limits him from entering RB1 territory like some other more well rounded studs. That's partly due to his skillset and partly the fact he's always been used in platoons in NO (billion RBs) and Jets (at least 3 RBs), who love Billal Powel more than someone probably should.

Chris Johnson will be "featured" this week - whatever that means.
The only way this holds any water is if they plan to do a bunch of zone read crap with Vick. Ivory is clearly more of a power back and not sure that fits his style. Messing with the only thing the offense does well sounds like a real dumb idea so It's probably the Jets main gameplan.

Chris Johnson will be "featured" this week - whatever that means.
The only way this holds any water is if they plan to do a bunch of zone read crap with Vick. Ivory is clearly more of a power back and not sure that fits his style. Messing with the only thing the offense does well sounds like a real dumb idea so It's probably the Jets main gameplan.
So true. Jets are going to get drilled in this game

Bummer. I guess they weren't kidding about the 50/50 split. Makes sense to take the lead role away from your most talented RB. ### #### Jets. :doh:

Bummer. I guess they weren't kidding about the 50/50 split. Makes sense to take the lead role away from your most talented RB. ### #### Jets. :doh:
Figures. I don't start him the last 2 weeks and then this week I have no choice. Morningweg sucks.

Any hope for Ivory this season? The draft could blow a hole in his value but at the moment the Jets only have Powell (signed to a 1 year/$2M deal).

Any hope for Ivory this season? The draft could blow a hole in his value but at the moment the Jets only have Powell (signed to a 1 year/$2M deal).
Ivory has performed very well for the Jets from an NFL standpoint, but hasn't been a huge fantasy producer due to his lack of receptions and the Jets offense not creating a lot of touchdown opportunities.

The team really likes Powell, who is a solid all around back, but doesn't excel in any aspect and would be limited in more than a supporting role most likely.

With the offense (on paper) looking like it should be improved this year, Ivory could be a solid RB3, perhaps even a low end RB2 if he stays healthy. I do expect that they could add a shifty/speed type runner like Duke Johnson in the draft, as that is what they are lacking and that type of back is useful in Gailey's system.

Ivory has performed very well for the Jets from an NFL standpoint, but hasn't been a huge fantasy producer due to his lack of receptions and the Jets offense not creating a lot of touchdown opportunities.

The team really likes Powell, who is a solid all around back, but doesn't excel in any aspect and would be limited in more than a supporting role most likely.

With the offense (on paper) looking like it should be improved this year, Ivory could be a solid RB3, perhaps even a low end RB2 if he stays healthy. I do expect that they could add a shifty/speed type runner like Duke Johnson in the draft, as that is what they are lacking and that type of back is useful in Gailey's system.
i think ivory is in for a big year. he is a good rb just not used to his fullest. even if they draft a rb he will still be a big part of the run game. i never understand the logic of why people stay away from runners because they are in a committee or because a team drafts a rb. more than most of the teams have a committee and lots of teams need depth and more talent at the position.

when you have a player like ivory a rookie isnt going to come in and start taking all the snaps. that happens in only rare occasions. teams like the packers when they drafted lacy had no choice but to give lacy the bulk do to no depth or talent but teams like the bengals still give bjge (regardless of your opinion was a decent rb most of his career) a ton of carries even though they drafted a rb early. or what about christine michael? enough said on that account.

i wouldnt be worried even if they drafted gordon or gurley, at least not for this year.

Ivory can play, but he isn't a feature guy. If he was, we would have seen something higher than the max 833 yard rushing season some time over the 5 years he's been in the league. Sure, it's possible he busts out a 1k season next year, but it isn't likely based on historical evidence.

The other thing I don't love is that for all of the grief Chris Johnson takes, both he and Powell had higher YPC than Ivory did last year. Ivory also was the worst of the three just on 1st and 2nd down (which is something I tend to look at to filter out 3rd down passing situations). He was solid in short yardage situations, but so was Chris Johnson believe it or not. 8 out of 10 first downs at 2 yards and less for CJ2yd. Small sample, but that's pretty good work.

There is no way the Jets don't add a back to compete/share with Ivory and Powell. Those two have 2 16 game seasons combined in the last 9 combined seasons.

Ivory is a career 4.7 ypa guy on 636 attempts, that's pretty impressive. Although last year was his worst year at 4.1 (still not bad and that team was a hot mess on offense).

I like him and wish he would get the opportunity to consistently carry the ball 15 times a game but I just don't think that's going to happen.

Rotoworld:

Chris Ivory - RB - Jets
NJ.com believes Chris Ivory and Stevan Ridley could share the backfield duties for the Jets this season.

"Regarding the running game, expect Chris Ivory and Stevan Ridley to share the bulk of the load," Dom Cosentino said. "One of those two might get 20 to 30 carries more than the other guy, but it won't be a huge gap, provided both backs stay healthy all season." It is an interesting take on the situation, but one that seems very unlikely. Neither Ivory or Ridley have the pass-game chops OC Chan Gailey has required from his backs in the past, and the Jets look poised to add a running back in the draft. There will be a role for a back like Ridley or Ivory in the offense, but the Jets only need one of them on the roster to fill it.

Related: Stevan Ridley

Source: Newark Star-Ledger
Apr 25 - 11:05 AM

Rotoworld:

Coach Todd Bowles said Chris Ivory currently sits atop the running back depth chart.

Bilal Powell is the No. 2, and Daryl Richardson is No. 3. Meanwhile, newcomers Stevan Ridley and Zac Stacy are still recovering from injury (Ridley) learning the offense. This is possible the muddiest running back situation in the league. It has the makings of a true committee. Ivory, Ridley, and Stacy should compete for early-down work, while the Jets seem hellbent on involving Powell.

Source: Rich Cimini on Twitter
Jun 11 - 1:13 PM

I love Ivory running for the Jets, and I wouldn't ever waste a pick on a Jets running back. Rotoworld has this right for once -- it's the muddiest situation in the league save Philly and Denver, and it won't be well until the year has begun until it all susses out, IMO.

I like Ivory as potentially this year's 2014 JStew. He's cheap, a good runner, and should be in an improved offense. For the price of RB50ish (in dynasty) I'm buying.

I love Ivory running for the Jets, and I wouldn't ever waste a pick on a Jets running back. Rotoworld has this right for once -- it's the muddiest situation in the league save Philly and Denver, and it won't be well until the year has begun until it all susses out, IMO.
Agree it is muddy, but if you compare to Philly and Denver (both with the lead back with an ADP in the top 12 for RBs), Ivory (or any Jet RB for that matter) is a ticket that can pay off.

Users who are viewing this thread