What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (11 Viewers)

I saw that LB Jacob Phillips could be done for the season with a torn bicep.  How big of a blow is this to the Browns defense?
Meaningful, but by itself probably won't net anything tangible. Certainly thins out the unit and puts more pressure on JOK though.

I saw that LB Jacob Phillips could be done for the season with a torn bicep.  How big of a blow is this to the Browns defense?
He was listed 2nd as the MLB on the depth chart but from my understanding depth charts at this time of the year have zero coaching input so take that with a grain of salt.

We haven't heard much from Jacobs this camp.  The buzz has been about the improvement of Mack Wilson listed as the starting WLB ahead of rookie sensation Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah who 'just' started getting 1st team snaps today and looks like he will take over full-time.

The Browns base-D is primarily a 4-2-5 with a S playing-up.  More than likely JOK will play a LB/S hybrid as he did in college but the coaches want to 'ease' him into that role.

The injury sucks for Jacobs but honestly I'd forgotten about him and hadn't heard anything about him this camp.  Feel bad for the kid but the LBers look to be in good shape even with the injury.

Phillips had the green dot in game 1 and has been getting first team reps at WILL. May not have been a full timer, but I think he was penciled in to start opposite Walker. 

The Browns are no joke.  They were by far the better overall team yesterday in my opinion.

They only made one mistake. When the Chiefs scored and the Browns were still up 29-27 they got the ball. And then dropped Mayfield back to pass on three straight snaps. And he got sacked for -6 yards by Chris Jones on that first snap. And then of course the punt happened.

The punter is going to get all the hate today but Stefanski strayed from such a great game plan at the start of that drive. 

The Browns were absolutely destroying the Chiefs defensive line yesterday. If they stay true to the run there I think they win this game. 

Chiefs didn't deserve that win. But they got it somehow. Browns are fun to watch. 

The Browns are no joke.  They were by far the better overall team yesterday in my opinion.

They only made one mistake. When the Chiefs scored and the Browns were still up 29-27 they got the ball. And then dropped Mayfield back to pass on three straight snaps. And he got sacked for -6 yards by Chris Jones on that first snap. And then of course the punt happened.

The punter is going to get all the hate today but Stefanski strayed from such a great game plan at the start of that drive. 

The Browns were absolutely destroying the Chiefs defensive line yesterday. If they stay true to the run there I think they win this game. 

Chiefs didn't deserve that win. But they got it somehow. Browns are fun to watch. 
Chiefs executed when it mattered, and they capitalized on every mistake the Browns made.  (punt, fumble, etc.)

this could become a fun rivalry.  

Look, you and your shovels and pity post can just get the #### right out of here. We don't need your sympathy!

That said, you're pretty much spot on. Good game except for a couple of mistakes but in order to take that next step, the good teams (like KC) 1.) don't make those mistakes and 2.) capitalize on when your opponent does. That's why KC are going to Super Bowls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wasn't expecting a win in KC on the road.  I'm not sure many from NE Ohio have been to that part of the country in early/mid September or even early October when I was shocked to be in triple digit temps.  I checked the local KC forecast a few days before the game and it was triple digits so I knew it would be a scorcher and wasn't sure if we'd be prepared or hold up.  

The heat had a direct effect during the game when at least 3 or 4 Browns had to leave the game to get IVs.  It had an effect on the game.  Literally the biggest play of the game our S had just come  out of the locker room, jogged out of the tunnel, jogged to the sidelines, got zero rest before going right back in the game and whammy T-Hill goes yard.  

JJ was in position to get the INT but was in a fog and never turned his head.

I felt the heat lead to RT Jack Conklin's first sack he gave up when he failed to give a step-kick.  I noticed Chubb had two good strong runs but right before he fumbled he was noticeably gassed and thought they shouldn't give it to him but whammy.

The punter also looked in a funk when he bobbled the ball.

I have to agree with you.  The Browns were the better team, were running it seemingly at will.  Baker was dialed-in.  

Not too disappointed.  The season is a marathon not a sprint.  We have both have bigger fish to fry later in the year and I think their is a good chance we'll meet again. 

Let's be real, KC has needed some flukey crap to happen to beat us these last 2 games. 

That said before I get lambasted, Mahomes did get hurt in the playoff game, so that's a monster factor too.

LT Wills is "day to day".

that's fantastic news after seeing him leave the game on the cart.

Hubbard to start if Wills is unable to go Sunday.
Whew, must have gotten away with a low ankle sprain. I would guess we try to get by without him this week then hope he's able to suit up for the matchup with Khalil Mack.

OBJ already ruled out in week 2.   Schwartz had the game I was expecting out of DPJ.   Should I give DPJ another chance or is the rookie the play going forward when OBJ is out?   47-of-59 snaps in week 1 for Peoples-Jones, which surprised me based on the lack of production.   However, week 2 seems like a whole lot of running.

If he has a chance for greatness in 2022, he needs to be on my roster.   If he has a chance to be a fantasy WR3, I have better things to do with the bench spot.   Between the 6th round pedigree (regardless of how hapless Michigan's passing game was), and not seizing the opportunity in a shootout game in week 1, I'm thinking that the true upside might not be what I was hoping. 

Anyone still expecting big things from him?

there’s a lot of mouths to feed in this offense.  

I fully expect DPJ to have some nice games here and there, but I personally wouldn’t count on him week to week.  

I think there's a clear separation of the 2 best teams in the AFC and that's what we saw yesterday.  Hopefully that's how the season plays out.  I want them again.  

I don't agree that KC and Cleveland are clearly the 2 best teams in the AFC after only 1 week but we will see.

One thing going for them is their schedule is ridiculously easy.  I'll be surprised if they lose more than 4 games this season.  

Tyrod is not Mahomes. Would you expect the Browns to shut down the Texans, thinking especially of Cooks? The CLE defense should be one of the best.

I don't agree that KC and Cleveland are clearly the 2 best teams in the AFC after only 1 week but we will see.

One thing going for them is their schedule is ridiculously easy.  I'll be surprised if they lose more than 4 games this season.  
I just think it's deeper than that.  Sunday justified what was already in my mind for a long time even back to last season.  Will it play out that way?  Who knows...probably not.  Things happen.  There will definitely be other worthy AFC teams this year, I just don't know who yet.  I'd have Baltimore there but their injuries leave me on the hold.

OK.  NOW I get it.

-----------------------------------------------------

Aaron Wilson@AaronWilson_NFL

Cleveland Browns linebacker Anthony Walker injured his hamstring and could be sidelined for a few weeks, according to a league source. Browns are working out Reuben Foster on Friday, per a league source, and is considered a strong practice squad candidate

@SportsTalk790

Greg Newsome left the game with an injury.

Just saw this tweet, looks like he is going to be OK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Greg Newsome II@gnewsii

Thankyou Lord

Browns' Greg Newsome: Will undergo MRI Monday

Rotowire  33 MINS AGO

Newsome (calf) will undergo an MRI to determine the severity of his injury Monday, according to Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal.

Newsome registered three tackles in Week 3 before leaving in the second half with a calf injury, and head coach Kevin Stefanski revealed the rookie cornerback will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine if he'll be sidelined for an extended period of time. In case he can't play in Week 4 against the Vikings, then Greedy Williams will likely replace him in the Browns' secondary for next week.

Browns' Greg Newsome: Will undergo MRI Monday

Rotowire  33 MINS AGO

Newsome (calf) will undergo an MRI to determine the severity of his injury Monday, according to Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal.

Newsome registered three tackles in Week 3 before leaving in the second half with a calf injury, and head coach Kevin Stefanski revealed the rookie cornerback will undergo an MRI on Monday to determine if he'll be sidelined for an extended period of time. In case he can't play in Week 4 against the Vikings, then Greedy Williams will likely replace him in the Browns' secondary for next week.
dang.  hope he’s ok.  

Felton is making an impact on the return game.

Amazing stat.

---------------------

Andrew Gribble@Andrew_Gribble

Demetric Felton had 103 punt return yards today.

The Browns had 115 punt return yards all last season.

That's Pumpkinhead dude! You just never see him without the pumpkin on his head. That's what was in his hand.
huh.  i thought it was just some delusional fan that thought Stefanski was gonna pull him out of the stands and put him in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread