What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (17 Viewers)

This guy was our 7th round draft pick, late flyer. Hasn't been mentioned at all. One of the prospects who took a tumble due to off-field issue and may have gotten lost in the COVID fog.

Odds against him but interesting. Just throwing his name out there.

Isaiah Thomas the Wild Card at DE Late round pick has his eye on the defensive line rotation.

... what are his chances of making the 53-man final roster?

... (6’-5”, 266 pounds) ... Basketball ... excelled... kept him in prime shape... basketball powerhouse... finals... 5A State Champions.

... started as a freshman... ranked Number 4 Oklahoman Super 30 list 2017... playing some offensive tackle... Honorable Mention All-State ... U.S. Army All-American... started four games freshman ... five sophomore... starting junior COVID year 2020... 10 starts, 31 total tackles, two batted passes, one forced fumble, two fumble recoveries, 12 tackles for loss plus an impressive 7.5 sacks.

... senior eight sacks, 38 total tackles, three batted passes, three forced fumbles, one fumble recovery, 10.5 tackles for loss with 12 starts and 34 QB pressures... named captain... final two seasons - Second Team All-Big 12

Senior Bowl - held own... Combine - 4.7 ... 40 ... 31.5” vert ... 9’9” broad

...several issues - off-the-field... senior - petty larceny... misdemeanor DUI ... didn’t appear in court for the larceny charge, that generated a failure to appear warrant and was then booked

... Chris Trapasso of CBS Sports posted the following about the selection of Thomas:

Browns Best pick (Grade A): DL Isaiah Thomas, Oklahoma (R7, P223)

NFL-sized edge rusher with heavy hands and an energetic style around the corner. Awesome swim move. Decent explosiveness. Ready to contribute from Day 1. More EDGE help for Cleveland.

Thomas’ strengths include good upper body strength, short-area quickness, lots of hustle, relentless pass rush with powerful hands. Negatives include a below average run stopper, limited overall athletic ability, not explosive off the snap and does not possess elite flexibility.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaiah Thomas, 7th round pick hasn't been mentioned. I get it, I overlooked him but understand why we took a flyer.
Isaiah Thomas looked really good last night making a couple of big plays that stood out.

Isaiah Thomas storms backfield for TFL on Travis Etienne Jr.

Isaiah Thomas pulls down Jake Luton for 9-yard sack
I like this kid.
LINK to Isaiah Thomas Monday Night sack

After a disastrous start, the defense has shown signs of life.
---------------------------------
Cody Suek@CodySuek
#BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png Defensive EPA per play ranks:
Weeks 1 thru 6- 31st
Weeks 7 thru 8- 6th
Very small sample size, but the improvement has been drastic over the past couple of weeks against the Ravens and Bengals.
Despite Injuries, Browns Defense Playing with Increased Confidence
...The Browns defensive tackle situation continues to be abysmal, but the rest of the unit is doing a better job of masking it, much as they did last year. The Browns are still going to have to upgrade that position dramatically if they want to have an elite defense.
Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_
There may be issues on defense for the Browns and their staff, but Jason Tarver has been very good for the Browns linebackers.
Pete Smith@_PeteSmith_
The first two games of the season, they had the top 2 rated linebackers in JOK and Anthony Walker.
Now, Sione Takitaki is rated 6th.

Always fun to win at home on a big stage, kudo's to the defense and offense, well rounded game from both sides of the ball. Special teams is still **** and York is looking like a bust to me.

PS - I absolutely hate trying to find this thread

The offensive line went HEAVY where ALL of the O-linemen were on the field at the same time in a package that Pat Mcafee said is unstoppable.
Skip forward to 8:10 point of the video for that play but it begins with a devastating block by Joel Bitonio that took out Try Henderickson for the rest of the game when he got free and went for Trey's ribs, completely legal play and they celebrate this play in the breakdown.
The Browns Ran An Absolutely UNSTOPPABLE Play Against The Bengals | In The Trenches With AQ Shipley
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Others made mention of the UNSTOPPABLE play.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Browns Notes: Offense goes big to pound Bengals, head into bye on high note
BEREA, Ohio (92.3 The Fan) – The jumbo tackle-eligible packages worked like a charm in Monday night’s 32-13 win over the Bengals...
...Hudson had the block of the night when he took out Bengals linebacker Akeem Davis-Gaither on the 2-point try after going in motion.
“We watched it a couple times today,” Conklin said. “That was awesome. He wrecked him. That was awesome to see him do that. Those are the type of plays you look back on and you see the entire team just takes to that. You see just the power and the physicality of it. That is what we pride ourselves on, and that is what we want to be as a team.”
It set the tone for the rest of the night up front and led to the Browns racking up 172 yards and three touchdowns on the ground.
“It gave our players a lot of energy – just watch James Hudson running off the field after that two-point conversion,” Stefanski said. “It really goes to show you how much those guys love competing and love to play that physical brand of football.
--------------
lol Hudson's reaction after the play....he knew. "Pull up the tape!!"

Trading Hunt is dumb unless the return is something ya just can't turn down, like a 2nd.
Whoever trades for him is renting a back for a half season...I don't expect any windfall offers to be made. If Cleveland loses Monday night, they can pretty much throw in the towel on this season and it makes sense to get something...anything...for him before he leaves in free agency. If we win, I think it makes sense to keep him, and not take a low ball offer, as we are still in the mix.
I don't think taking peanuts for a fairly cheap good player is a good idea, especially if we don't have a 1st next year to cheer for.
Let's not send that message that a future 4th is more important than trying to win.
Keeping the team with some semblance of playing to win for when Deshaun is back has some value as well
I don't think the marginal difference between Hunt and D'Ern (and maybe Ford) is all that much.
Neither is a 4th or 5th rounder
Magnified if one of the RBs gets hurts.
I'm glad we didn't trade him

Huh.
I think we MAY have had a deal in place to dish Hunt for Cooks but the trade obviously never went down.
Look at the following.
I don't think Cooks would ever have been worth a 2nd round pick.
Dov Kleiman
@NFL_DovKleiman

The #Texans will reportedly only listen to offers that include a 2nd round pick for WR Brandin Cooks. Potential destinations for Cooks are the #Giants, #Rams and #Vikings, per
@AdamSchefter
----------------------
That is what the Texans were asking but was never going to happen but Kay Breezy indicates the two players were linked and I think she was onto something.
------------------------------
The Cleveland Browns are trading a 2nd round pick to get a new Wide Receiver
...According to sources told by ESPN's reporter Jeff Simon, the Browns are trading a 2nd round pick (2023) with the Texans for a new Wide Receiver for their offensive line, the player is Brandin Cooks. He is a nine-year NFL veteran.
Kayla Burton
@Kay_Breezy22
Roughly 30 minutes till the #NFL trade deadline. Nothing for #BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png RB Kareem Hunt, nothing for #Texans WR Brandin Cooks. Per
@MikeGarafolo
Cooks was not at practice for personal reasons. Stay tuned.
Dov Kleiman@NFL_DovKleiman
Replying to @AdamSchefter
Update: #Texans Brandin Cooks certainly seems like he's looking to be traded based on his "Likes" The Texans have been talking to teams about just that. We'll see if it happens before the deadline.
Brandin Cooks
@brandincooks
Don’t take a man’s kindness for granted. Covered for the lies for too long those days are done. Crossed the line with playing with my career 1f3f9.png
-----------------------------
Cooks can opt out after this year.
Speculation is that Cooks will walk after this season.
I'm not real crazy about Cooks but Watson worked with him so there 'may' be mutual interest between the QB and WR soooooo..... Stay tuned in the offseason when things 'might' heat up.
----------------------------
Brandin Cooks seems unhappy Texans did not trade him
...Cooks posted back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons in 2020 and 2021. He had Deshaun Watson throwing to him two seasons ago ...

Huh.
I think we MAY have had a deal in place to dish Hunt for Cooks but the trade obviously never went down.
Look at the following.
I don't think Cooks would ever have been worth a 2nd round pick.
Dov Kleiman
@NFL_DovKleiman

The #Texans will reportedly only listen to offers that include a 2nd round pick for WR Brandin Cooks. Potential destinations for Cooks are the #Giants, #Rams and #Vikings, per
@AdamSchefter
----------------------
That is what the Texans were asking but was never going to happen but Kay Breezy indicates the two players were linked and I think she was onto something.
------------------------------
The Cleveland Browns are trading a 2nd round pick to get a new Wide Receiver
...According to sources told by ESPN's reporter Jeff Simon, the Browns are trading a 2nd round pick (2023) with the Texans for a new Wide Receiver for their offensive line, the player is Brandin Cooks. He is a nine-year NFL veteran.
Kayla Burton
@Kay_Breezy22
Roughly 30 minutes till the #NFL trade deadline. Nothing for #BrownsView attachment 3111 RB Kareem Hunt, nothing for #Texans WR Brandin Cooks. Per
@MikeGarafolo
Cooks was not at practice for personal reasons. Stay tuned.
Dov Kleiman@NFL_DovKleiman
Replying to @AdamSchefter
Update: #Texans Brandin Cooks certainly seems like he's looking to be traded based on his "Likes" The Texans have been talking to teams about just that. We'll see if it happens before the deadline.
Brandin Cooks
@brandincooks
Don’t take a man’s kindness for granted. Covered for the lies for too long those days are done. Crossed the line with playing with my career View attachment 3112
-----------------------------
Cooks can opt out after this year.
Speculation is that Cooks will walk after this season.
I'm not real crazy about Cooks but Watson worked with him so there 'may' be mutual interest between the QB and WR soooooo..... Stay tuned in the offseason when things 'might' heat up.
Brandin Cooks seems unhappy Texans did not trade him
...Cooks posted back-to-back 1,000-yard seasons in 2020 and 2021. He had Deshaun Watson throwing to him two seasons ago ...
I heard rumors about Cooks not being on the practice field yesterday speculating a trade then today Andrew Berry mentioned they had something in the works yesterday but the compensation didn't work out. Kinda sounds like this deal.

Neither is a 4th or 5th rounder
In a vacuum I don't necessarily disagree, but those sort of tools are how to take advantage when someone slips on draft day (i.e. JOK.) and potentially acquire cheap cost controlled future starters. Was a 4 actually offered? Beats me. Based on what happened on the market I'd be very surprised if it was any more than that though.

Fred Greetham
@FredGreetham9
#BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png Andrew Berry said the team was close to acquiring a player at the trade deadline, but it didn't happen as the compensation could not be agreed to. He also said they did not come close to trading Kareem Hunt. He praised Hunt for working hard, putting team first.

Jack Duffin@JackDuffin PFF Rookie Defender Rankings for 2022
1 - CB Jones 2 - CB Gardner 3 - ED Williams 4 - DT Davis 5 - CB Emerson
==================================
Emerson is better than I could have imagined when we took him. He isn't just a 'decent' DB he's one of the best defensive rookies in the league.
Browns CB Martin Emerson Jr. earns rookie honor for Week 8 Third-round selection lands a spot on Pro Football Focus’ list of the top rookies for his performance against the Bengals.
--------------------------
NFL Rookie Watch
@NFLRookieWatxh
Martin Emerson vs Tee Higgins 1f512.png3 targets 1f512.png2 receptions allowed (8 yards) 1f512.png1 PD 1f512.png0 first downs The Browns rookie CB put the CLAMPS on one of the Bengals elite WR’s
------------------------1f440.png
Looking like we got a first-round talent in the 3rd round.
He's been great all year.

Stefanski needs to hand the reins to Van Pelt, and Woods needs to go. This defense is an embarrassment.
John Shipley
@_John_Shipley
Most red-zone trips entering Week 9
No. 1 Browns: 31
No. 2 Chiefs: 30
No. 3 Ravens: 30 No.
4 Jaguars: 30

Red-zone drives ending in a TD
No. 1: Chiefs (76.7%)
No. 11: Browns (61.3%)
No. 15: Ravens (56.7%)
No. 24: Jaguars (50.0%)

Stefanski needs to hand the reins to Van Pelt, and Woods needs to go. This defense is an embarrassment.
John Shipley
@_John_Shipley
Most red-zone trips entering Week 9
No. 1 Browns: 31
No. 2 Chiefs: 30
No. 3 Ravens: 30 No.
4 Jaguars: 30

Red-zone drives ending in a TD
No. 1: Chiefs (76.7%)
No. 11: Browns (61.3%)
No. 15: Ravens (56.7%)
No. 24: Jaguars (50.0%)
And? You can’t seriously disagree that his play calling hasn’t cost us at least 2 games by forgetting that Nick Chubb exists.

Looking like we got a first-round talent in the 3rd round.
Redrafting the 2022 NFL Draft:

23. BUFFALO BILLS (VIA CARDINALS THROUGH RAVENS): CB MARTIN EMERSON

Original Pick: CB Kaiir Elam

Emerson has been a major steal for the Browns, as they selected him in the third round and he’s already a big-time difference-maker. Across 218 coverage snaps, he’s allowed just 253 passing yards while forcing eight incompletions and making six solo stops. Kaiir Elam hasn’t been bad by any means, but for the fun of this exercise, we’ll make the switch.

Defensive tackle has been and continues to be the glaring issue.
...The Browns don't have NFL caliber defensive tackles, which puts their undersized linebackers at a gross disadvantage every week when it comes to taking on the interior running game. That's before they fail to execute assignments or make tackles on their own merits...
Defensive Tackle Continues to be Drain on Browns Defense
Defensive tackle was the worst position for the Cleveland Browns in the 2021 season and a month into the 2022 season, it is no better.
...Elliott has played 178 snaps this season while Togiai has played 82. Out of 123 defensive tackles in the NFL, they rank 122nd and 123rd respectively.
...The Steelers interior blew the Browns off the ball and Harris simply ran over and through Browns linebackers and safeties.
...last year where Harris had a combined 279 rushing yards in two games
-----------
JC
@JCozmo
As bad as we all thought thought the DT room was, the idea that everyone in that room would be acres below replacement level is far worse than anticipated.
Midseason 2022 NFL roster rankings for all 32 teams: Strengths, weaknesses and X factors for every starting lineup

CLEVELAND BROWNSPRESEASON RANK (13)

Biggest strength: Offensive line. Since 2020, Cleveland’s offensive line has the best run-blocking grade in the NFL (91.8) and ranks third in pass protection (80.6). The Browns continue to clear massive holes for running back Nick Chubb and the rest of the running back room week in and week out.

Biggest weakness: Interior defensive line. The exact opposite of its offensive strength, Cleveland failed to address the interior of its defensive line this offseason. The Browns brought edge defender Jadeveon Clowney back on another one-year deal but rank dead last with a 36.2 grade for their interior defender unit. Cleveland is allowing 0.2 expected points added per rush on carries between the tackles, dead last in the NFL.

Biggest weakness: Interior defensive line. The exact opposite of its offensive strength, Cleveland failed to address the interior of its defensive line this offseason. The Browns brought edge defender Jadeveon Clowney back on another one-year deal but rank dead last with a 36.2 grade for their interior defender unit. Cleveland is allowing 0.2 expected points added per rush on carries between the tackles, dead last in the NFL.
maybe they can draft a stud DT in the first round next year? oh, wait...

just glad i didn't get home till after the second half started yesterday and the game was already over. never turned it on.

This team is just not good. Not even competitive.
Cody Suek
@CodySuek
#BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png Yesterday was the first time since Week 5 of the 2019 season that the team did not have an offensive or defensive player grade higher than 75.
Absolutely embarrassing performance.
--------------------------------------------------------
Jake Trotter
@Jake_Trotter

The #BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png now rank 31st in defensive EPA (Lions are 32nd)

Last edited:
Joe Woods-led run defense is worst in the last decade
Cody Suek
@CodySuek

Went all the way back to 2010. No defense has allowed more EPA per rush thru 10 weeks of a season than the 2022 #BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png at 0.139.
-------------------------------------------
Cody Suek
@CodySuek
can confirm it is the worst rush defense performance from an EPA perspective since (at least) 2005.
Orchard Park forecast isn't as bad as Buffalo is

Browns vs. Bills: Another legendary snow game in Buffalo on the way?

Mike Cejka​

@mikecejka4
JUST FOR KICKS...GET IT? Here's kickoff time at Highmark. Axis of heaviest lake effect snow may pass right over the stadium at that time. Could be an interesting game. Tracking,
@News4Buffalo
WakeUp!

...The Browns don't have NFL caliber defensive tackles, which puts their undersized linebackers at a gross disadvantage every week when it comes to taking on the interior running game. That's before they fail to execute assignments or make tackles on their own merits...
Defensive Tackle Continues to be Drain on Browns Defense
Defensive tackle was the worst position for the Cleveland Browns in the 2021 season and a month into the 2022 season, it is no better.
...Elliott has played 178 snaps this season while Togiai has played 82. Out of 123 defensive tackles in the NFL, they rank 122nd and 123rd respectively.
...The Steelers interior blew the Browns off the ball and Harris simply ran over and through Browns linebackers and safeties.
...last year where Harris had a combined 279 rushing yards in two games
-----------
JC
@JCozmo
As bad as we all thought thought the DT room was, the idea that everyone in that room would be acres below replacement level is far worse than anticipated.
Midseason 2022 NFL roster rankings for all 32 teams: Strengths, weaknesses and X factors for every starting lineup

CLEVELAND BROWNSPRESEASON RANK (13)

Biggest strength: Offensive line. Since 2020, Cleveland’s offensive line has the best run-blocking grade in the NFL (91.8) and ranks third in pass protection (80.6). The Browns continue to clear massive holes for running back Nick Chubb and the rest of the running back room week in and week out.

Amazing discussion of a fundamental change in the NFL landscape that explains the problem with the Browns defense and how we'll go about addressing it going forward.
One of the best, most impactful discussions ever heard on NFL Live.
----------------------
Pete Smith
@_PeteSmith_
This is the lens in which the Browns will be trying to address the defensive interior, the defense in general this coming offseason.
Dan Orlovsky
@danorlovsky7
One of the coolest conversations I’ve ever been a part of on TV, again. @minakines @realrclark25 @mspears96 @laurarutledge
LINK to video

Axis of heaviest lake effect snow may pass right over the stadium at that time. Could be an interesting game.
This would be about the only thing that would keep me interested in this game. If they play it in a dome we're going to get boat raced again.

And even with 5 feet of snow I feel like we'd have 40+ pass attempts.

Three areas of focus.

1. Critical injury early in the game.
Pocic was rated the 2nd best center in the entire league. He went down right after we scored on that first drive and the offense, especially the run game went downhill right after his injury. Hjalte Froholdt took over at center. Brissett and Froholdt had a fumbled exchange that the Bills recovered.
Browns starting center Ethan Pocic’s absence was felt at every turn in Bills loss
The Bills came in with the intent of stopping Nick Chubb and they did as he had his worst game since his rookie season back in 2018, 14 rushes for 19 yards. The injury to Pocic was compounded by the injury to Jack Conklin who got dinged and that lead to the Bills utter manhandling the offensive line.

2. Special teams have been an issue for years. I won't even bother explaining and just state the ST coach absolutely needs to be fired after the season.

3. Worst Defensive tackles in the league and that is THEE personnel issue with the team. Worst DTs in the league means we can't stop the run. Manhandled, the DTs got blasted apart on virtually every play.
Soft doesn't come close to describing our DTs. The Commadores could have written the tune EASY about them because they are EASY, EASY AS SUNDAY MORNING. They spread as easy as Strawberry jam. We've given up over 150 rushing yards in 5 games and lost all 5 of them.

Brissett took this as far as he could, Watson WON'T cure all ills. We better hope Pocic's injury isn't season-ending so we can see what this offense 'should' look like when defenses can't load-up to stop the run daring Bressett to beat them.
Other than that, special teams have been killing us and we will suck on defense because we can't stop the run with Mickey Mouse DTs.

Other than that, special teams have been killing us and we will suck on defense because we can't stop the run with Mickey Mouse DTs.
You're "other than that" comment reminded me of the age old joke, "so Mrs. Lincoln, other than that, how'd you like the play?"

I have nothing to add. The soon to be iconic picture of Garrett sitting on the bench alone after the game pretty much sums it up. You can only do so much. They are locked into this groundhog day for the rest of the season. They won't be firing anyone until after the season (barring something really horrific) and even if they do, who are getting to come to this dumpster fire? I feel for Brissett. He's done everything we've asked of him and performed what I would consider well above expectation. He'll go off and have a nice clipboard career because of this year so good luck to him if he leaves and goes elsewhere.

It's time...wait till next year!!

injuries stink, and they haven't helped the Browns season.

but Berry has some explaining to do about this roster.

at this point, i wouldn't be shocked if Haslam cleans house again at the end of the season.

hopefully they can patch some holes and try again next year, but something about this current team seems unrepairable.

Critical injury early in the game.
Pocic was rated the 2nd best center ... We better hope Pocic's injury isn't season-ending so we can see what this offense 'should' look like when defenses can't load-up to stop the run daring Bressett to beat them.
Pocic will be out for weeks so that means he 'probably' won't be back when Watson takes over in less than two weeks.
His replacement, Froholdt never played center in the NFL and had issues so Watson WON'T have the 2nd best center in the league, and we can expect 'issues' till Pocic gets back.
This is a big deal and shouldn't be glossed over. It will cause turnovers and be a circus every time we are in the shotgun wondering if/when/where the snap will go since Brissett had to dig out nearly every snap off of the turf.
We saw how poorly Froholdt run blocked especially bad on those 'automatic' Brissett QB sneaks on 4th and 1, where both got stuffed in the backfield.
It's a big deal.
Ethan Pocic's injury creates another hole in the center of Browns offensive line
... Hjalte Froholdt came in on the third play to replace Pocic at center. However, the Browns' offensive line was never quite the same after that point.
...Pocic will be out "weeks,"
... Pocic had played at a high level. Pro Football Focus graded him at a 83 out of 100 overall, which was No. 2 among all qualified centers in the league, as well as a league-best 84.3 run-block grade.
...Froholdt's 73 snaps at center against the Bills marked the first time he had ever taken a regular-season snap at the position in his career. There were some issues which arose due to that, including a few low shotgun snaps and a fumbled snap to Jacoby Brissett that Buffalo recovered near midfield.

Special teams have been an issue for years. I won't even bother explaining and just state the ST coach absolutely needs to be fired after the season.
Browns special teams one of the worst in the NFL
-------------------------------------
Worst Defensive tackles in the league
Jake Burns @jake_burns18
The #Browns' entire iDL has 18 "run stop" tackles this year (STOP is defined by PFF as tackles that constitute a "failure" for the offense).

There are 11(!!) players in the NFL who have as many or more than that total individually.
Jake Burns @jake_burns18
#BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png have invested 3 picks inside the t75 of the draft on DL since 2017.
Myles Garrett
Larry Ogunjobi
Chad Thomas
Might be time.
Chris Waldock@cjwaldock22
Jake, sincere question: how much of the browns defensive struggles all come back to the DT position? Has that position dominoed throughout the defense as they compensate for their DTs?
Jake Burns @jake_burns18
I believe it has badly influenced the LB and EDGE positions. Safety and CB not so much.

Cleveland sports talk radio.
--------------------------------
Cody Suek
@CodySuek

"Kevin Stefanski shouldn't be calling plays" Meanwhile, the #BrownsCLEBrowns2022SeasonEmoji.png offense ranks 3rd in PFF grade, 6th in EPA per play and 10th in points per game...all with a journeyman/backup QB under center
-----------------------------------------------
ESPN Cleveland@ESPNCleveland
Official
The moment was too big and @TheRealTRizzo has had enough
Joe B @JoeB_inCLE

Kevin Stefanski’s system is about to produce two top 10 rated QB’s in three seasons. One that’s a career backup, and another who currently is the worst rated QB in the league. These are facts. He needs to evolve as a HC but the system he has produces.
-----------------------------------
Stefanski:
First playoff appearance in 20 years
First playoff victory in 26 years
First road playoff victory in 51 years
This year we when the NFL suspended Watson for 11 games we pushed cap to next year where we'll carry over $32 million, by far the most of any other team. The next most only carries $12 so this year was all about saving cap for next season leaving huge holes on the roster, i.e., DT.
I'm eager to see what Stefanski can do next year with a real quarterback and with a fully locked and loaded roster.

Cody Suek @CodySuek

"Kevin Stefanski shouldn't be calling plays" Meanwhile, the #BrownsView attachment 3175 offense ranks 3rd in PFF grade, 6th in EPA per play and 10th in points per game...all with a journeyman/backup QB under center
Official
Joe B @JoeB_inCLE

Kevin Stefanski’s system is about to produce two top 10 rated QB’s in three seasons. One that’s a career backup, and another who currently is the worst rated QB in the league. These are facts. He needs to evolve as a HC but the system he has produces.
Stefanski:
This year we when the NFL suspended Watson for 11 games we pushed cap to next year where we'll carry over $32 million, by far the most of any other team. The next most only carries $12 so this year was all about saving cap for next season leaving huge holes on the roster, i.e., DT.
I'm eager to see what Stefanski can do next year with a real quarterback and with a fully locked and loaded roster.
All this is great, but when do we stop getting outplayed and outcoached every second half of every game?

Stefanski:
All this is great, but when do we stop getting outplayed and outcoached every second half of every game?
Results don't matter. It's all about some stats...

Cody Suek @CodySuek

"Kevin Stefanski shouldn't be calling plays" Meanwhile, the #BrownsView attachment 3175 offense ranks 3rd in PFF grade, 6th in EPA per play and 10th in points per game...all with a journeyman/backup QB under center
Official
Joe B @JoeB_inCLE

Stefanski:
I don't know how the story is going to play out, but I think we'll find out over the next few weeks. We are in games because of the our offense. The tendency to get too cute/smart is aggravating, but everything else more than offsets it. We blow games because of our defense, special teams, and our well coached offense isn't quite talented enough to overcome them. What's the solution? How much blame is on Stefanski? Berry? What are they doing to course correct? And most importantly, have they lost the locker room?

Reads like any snow still around lunch time Sunday won't be impactful so we wouldn't have gotten a snow game anyway, but I'll never forget the first Browns game I ever attended - Bills/Browns 2007
I had tickets to this game, a buddy and I were going to drive to Cleveland early Sunday morning, but I-90 was closed. I still have the unused tickets.

There is a strong part of me, and part of me hopes I'm wrong as I'm not a Browns fan, that Watson in Stefanski's offense is going to be at an elite level real quick. Like you said, look at Mayfield and Brissett and what they did with/without him. Watson could be a top 5/10 QB as soon as week 13, year plus layoff be damned.

Users who are viewing this thread