What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cleveland Browns (2 Viewers)

The Raiders are imploding.  If the Browns can run the ball, which they should be able to do, they will beat the Raiders.  Waller is out.  He is the only player that has done anything consistently all season for the Raiders.  Jacobs is a nice RB but he’s not capable of taking over a game with that o line.  

i didn't realize the new testing doesn't start until next week.

yeah, the Browns might only get a few guys back for tonight.

Not sure how guys are supposed to all of a sudden test negative, especially when they get routine tests.  Once you contract the virus you arent going to magically test negative in less than 10 days.
This is why I thought postponing the games for 2 days was kind of dumb.   Yeah you might get a guy or two back but you're just as likely to have 1 or 2 new guys test positive.

DocHolliday said:
The Raiders are imploding.  If the Browns can run the ball, which they should be able to do, they will beat the Raiders.  Waller is out.  He is the only player that has done anything consistently all season for the Raiders.  Jacobs is a nice RB but he’s not capable of taking over a game with that o line.  
You've seen the Browns play, yes? We make run-of-the-mill journeymen look like Hall of Famers. There will be someone on the Raiders tonight that only his momma has ever heard of that will ink a life changing deal next season because of this game. It's what we do.

ghostguy123 said:
Please dont kill Chubb tonight for no reason
We have a full Chubb, let's use it...err him.

Heard it on the radio, couldn't resist

ghostguy123 said:
Short week for who?  Nobody is playing, lol.

Line -2.5 for Raiders.  Should still be 10+

-3 now at some shops.  Are you saying it should be way more than that?

I have no idea what to do on this game -- don't follow either team -- just curious your thoughts.  Is Cleveland that decimated to think, of all teams, the Raiders should have their way with them???

-3 now at some shops.  Are you saying it should be way more than that?

I have no idea what to do on this game -- don't follow either team -- just curious your thoughts.  Is Cleveland that decimated to think, of all teams, the Raiders should have their way with them???
A team losers 20 players all at once.  10 starters including QB.  Any team in this situation is incredibly likely to lose no matter what team they play against. 

I think it should be 10.  Gun to my head I would take the raiders all the way up to -14

Last edited by a moderator:
History will be made tonight.

First female positional coach in NFL history.

Stump Mitchell has been out for a while dealing with an undisclosed illness.  Cordell has been filling in for him but he's out with Covid.

------------------------------------------

Scott Petrak ct@ScottPetrak

#Browns chief of staff Callie Brownson will serve as RBs coach vs. Raiders. Acting RB coach Ryan Cordell tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday.

A team losers 20 players all at once.  10 starters including QB.  Any team in this situation is incredibly likely to lose no matter what team they play against. 

I think it should be 10.  Gun to my head I would take the raiders all the way up to -14
I'd be all over the Browns ML if that was the case.  

Sorry you guys are going through this. Just flat out sucks for the Browns fans and the NFL in general. And I'm always up for a Raiders loss. 

Good luck tonight. 

I find this fascinating.  I will load on the Raiders just because of you, no joke.  And they're a team I hate betting on.  On the contrary, I LOVE to bet the Browns.  But if you are this sure about it, I'm gonna take it soon (at -2 1/2), because I could see it going to 3, with these prevailing winds. And speaking of wind, what about the total?

Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, punt.  Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, punt.  Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, punt.

Somebody talk me off this cliff.

Harrison Bryant (TE) and Anthony Schwartz (WR) are active for the game.  That's a few more offensive weapons for Mullens.

Is this breaking news?  And is it significant?  I honestly have no idea, just trying to figure out which side to take.

Thanks!
Bryant's a solid TE - young and talented.  Will help in passing and blocking game.

Schwartz is a burner, a Tyreek Hill type.  He'll add some new dynamics that should help open up the running game.  

I'm also trying to be optimistic and hopeful. :D  

I find this fascinating.  I will load on the Raiders just because of you, no joke.  And they're a team I hate betting on.  On the contrary, I LOVE to bet the Browns.  But if you are this sure about it, I'm gonna take it soon (at -2 1/2), because I could see it going to 3, with these prevailing winds. And speaking of wind, what about the total?

Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, punt.  Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, punt.  Chubb, Chubb, Chubb, punt.

Somebody talk me off this cliff.

I liked it a lot better yesterday when the raiders moneyline was around +140.

I still think Raiders -2.5 is a solid bet.  That might be a solid bet if just Baker and Keenum were out.  19 other players out, buncha scrubs gonna be thrown into the fire very unprepared.  

Like I said, ANY NFL team that loses 10 starter and 10 backups, i am betting them to lose if the line is less than a FG.  Against ANY other NFL team that is reasonably healthy going into the game as the Raiders are.

I still think Raiders -2.5 is a solid bet.  That might be a solid bet if just Baker and Keenum were out.  19 other players out, buncha scrubs gonna be thrown into the fire very unprepared.  

Like I said, ANY NFL team that loses 10 starter and 10 backups, i am betting them to lose if the line is less than a FG.  Against ANY other NFL team that is reasonably healthy going into the game as the Raiders are.

Great call, I should've listened.  A big part of it was the fact I cringe at the thought of rooting for the LA/Irwindale/Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders ... so I caved.

DocHolliday said:
Raiders should be ashamed that they had to kick a last second FG to beat the backups in Cleveland.  

We just don't remember how to win a game like that anymore. Offense could have won with one more 1st down, Defense could have won it by stepping up for a stop. All our kickers suck.

I hate loving this team.

On Cleveland, +3.  GO BROWNS!!!

Great call, I should've listened.  A big part of it was the fact I cringe at the thought of rooting for the LA/Irwindale/Oakland/Las Vegas Raiders ... so I caved.

Reverse jinx is comes through again, lol.   Love it, got lucky.

Some of these covid lines are good to wait towards game-time and grab after the line/public has moved it too far the other way.  There is value to be had.

Need a lot to happen with a GB loss.  Win out and can still win the division most likely.  Odds are slim of going to GB and pulling out a win.

We just don't remember how to win a game like that anymore. Offense could have won with one more 1st down, Defense could have won it by stepping up for a stop. All our kickers suck.

I hate loving this team.

Needed to be just a little bit more daring in the end there.

I hate loving this team.
There were signs of this last year, but there were enough big plays late to counter the argument. I think the sample size is big enough now though. #1 offseason focus needs to be on learning how to finish games.

Caller just summed it up nicely.

Disappointed with result but we still control our own destiny which is like giving a pair of scissors to a toddler and telling them to sprint as fast as they can.

Caller just summed it up nicely.

Disappointed with result but we still control our own destiny which is like giving a pair of scissors to a toddler and telling them to sprint as fast as they can.
i have no interest in looking into all of the various scenarios, but the Browns pretty much have to win the last three at this point, correct?

#CHRISTMASMIRACLEATLAMBEAU

Scott Petrak ct@ScottPetrak

Updated #Browns Notes: Kevin Stefanski, Baker Mayfield will be out of COVID protocols in time to face Packers on Christmas but hope to test out sooner. Plus, JJ3 day to day with hamstring injury; no promises for Chase McLaughlin; Joel Bitonio earns praise

McLaughlin 4/10 on FG between 40-49 yards.  he ranks 37th at that distance.

oddly, he is 4/4 from 50+ yards with a long of 57. 

Users who are viewing this thread