What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cutler to Bears (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom said:
Joe Bryant said:
prelate said:
Sinn Fein said:
So Cutler had an 86 QB rating last year, Orton a 79.6.

In exchange for dropping down to Orton, Denver picked up two number 1 picks, and a 3rd round pick?

Hard to see how Denver did not win this trade going away.
Two number ones is a bit misleading. #18 and in all probability, a mid to late 20's first next year.Combined, that might net you the 8th in this year's draft. No question Cutler is the consensus #1 overall if he were in this years' draft.

Add to that his friendly contract and it's not even close.

Textbook example of personnel and negotiation mismanagement by Bowlen.
Interesting point. If you could wave a magic wand and throw Cutler back into this year's draft class knowing what you know about his NFL experience, he'd be miles ahead as the #1 pick. Wouldn't be close. He would be a real live "can't miss" as he's already hit. The Broncos got more for him than I thought they would given how they managed things, but this still looks like a home run for Chicago to me.

But back up even further, how McDaniels bungled the whole thing to start with on the Cassel thing is just amazing. This conversation shouldn't even be happening.

J
Joe, I have to wonder how much Bus Cook and Cutler orchestrated this, as opposed to McDaniels bungling it. Remember how bad and how public Favre and McNair's exits were from their respective teams? Those are the other two QBs Bus Cook represented. Don Banks wrote this piece about the Bus Cook factor in this messy divorce last month.
I wonder that too, Sig. I just have a hard time buying into the idea as it seems to me that McDaniels could have resolved this if it was fabricated by Cook. I'd love to have been a fly on the wall and see what -really- went down.J
I've already commented in another thread on that SI piece and why I think it is bad journalism so I won't rehash that, but let's just imagine that Cutler and his agent WERE trying to arrange this. A good HC doesn't let it happen. A good HC knows how important Cutler is to his future and makes sure that the agent doesn't get between them. FWIW, Cutler claims that the team did not make repeated efforts to contact him over the last two weeks as they claim. Personally, I believe him. He has no reason to lie at this point--he's out of Denver--but the Broncos management who bungled this do. Also, his agent claims it was never about money and they are not planning to ask the Bear's for a new contract.

LOL at Schlereth's constant slobbing on the Broncos. He acts liket the Broncos have a new sherriff in town and are ready to dominate the league. :lmao:

Joe Bryant said:
prelate said:
Sinn Fein said:

In exchange for dropping down to Orton, Denver picked up two number 1 picks, and a 3rd round pick?

Two number ones is a bit misleading. #18 and in all probability, a mid to late 20's first next year.Combined, that might net you the 8th in this year's draft. No question Cutler is the consensus #1 overall if he were in this years' draft.

Interesting point. If you could wave a magic wand and throw Cutler back into this year's draft class knowing what you know about his NFL experience, he'd be miles ahead as the #1 pick. Wouldn't be close. He would be a real live "can't miss" as he's already hit.

The Broncos got more for him than I thought they would given how they managed things, but this still looks like a home run for Chicago to me.

But back up even further, how McDaniels bungled the whole thing to start with on the Cassel thing is just amazing. This conversation shouldn't even be happening.

J
I've felt the same way this entire time, Joe. I've thought 1st round picks were overvalued for a long time, especially in trades. Considering the inconsistency of 1st round picks, and the value of a big time qb like Cutler, I don't think it's even close. I'm confused about how others see this differently. :lmao:

LOL at Schlereth's constant slobbing on the Broncos. He acts liket the Broncos have a new sherriff in town and are ready to dominate the league. :bs:
:shrug: He has been sickening all week blasting the hell out of Cutler and praising the Broncos. SickeningThis doofus thinks the Broncos are Super Bowl contenders.

I've already commented in another thread on that SI piece and why I think it is bad journalism so I won't rehash that, but let's just imagine that Cutler and his agent WERE trying to arrange this. A good HC doesn't let it happen. A good HC knows how important Cutler is to his future and makes sure that the agent doesn't get between them. FWIW, Cutler claims that the team did not make repeated efforts to contact him over the last two weeks as they claim. Personally, I believe him. He has no reason to lie at this point--he's out of Denver--but the Broncos management who bungled this do. Also, his agent claims it was never about money and they are not planning to ask the Bear's for a new contract.
Yes, I believe that a good HC could have smoothed over whatever problems were there. It's not like he's in a bad spot. Denver is a great place to be. If I'm McDaniels, my first order of business after I've been on the job for 30 seconds is be face to face with the one guy I need to be with me more than any other player and let him know that he's my guy. The last thing I do is allow any talk of trading that guy for another QB get started. J

Joe Bryant said:
prelate said:
Sinn Fein said:

Interesting point. If you could wave a magic wand and throw Cutler back into this year's draft class knowing what you know about his NFL experience, he'd be miles ahead as the #1 pick. Wouldn't be close. He would be a real live "can't miss" as he's already hit. The Broncos got more for him than I thought they would given how they managed things, but this still looks like a home run for Chicago to me.

J
You just cant imagine how fortunate Bear fans feel tonight that this whole thing happened. A guy like Cutler should never be available the way he was. Pure dumb luck for us Bear fans.

Joe Bryant said:
prelate said:
Sinn Fein said:

J
You just cant imagine how fortunate Bear fans feel tonight that this whole thing happened. A guy like Cutler should never be available the way he was. Pure dumb luck for us Bear fans.
You're sitting at the table with aces and no chips.

Joe Bryant said:
prelate said:
Sinn Fein said:

J
You're sitting at the table with aces and no chips.
:shrug:

LOL at Schlereth's constant slobbing on the Broncos. He acts liket the Broncos have a new sherriff in town and are ready to dominate the league. :bs:
:shrug: He has been sickening all week blasting the hell out of Cutler and praising the Broncos. SickeningThis doofus thinks the Broncos are Super Bowl contenders.
I love Stink, but he's been on my last nerve all week. Dial it down, bro...

Yes, I believe that a good HC could have smoothed over whatever problems were there. It's not like he's in a bad spot. Denver is a great place to be. If I'm McDaniels, my first order of business after I've been on the job for 30 seconds is be face to face with the one guy I need to be with me more than any other player and let him know that he's my guy. The last thing I do is allow any talk of trading that guy for another QB get started. J
I think there's a good chance that McDaniels doesn't think he needs Cutler. He might be proven wrong, but maybe he's right. If he truly feels Cutler doesn't fit his system, and he can get it done with a lesser talent, getting a bunch of picks for him is a really good deal.

I think there's a good chance that McDaniels doesn't think he needs Cutler. He might be proven wrong, but maybe he's right. If he truly feels Cutler doesn't fit his system, and he can get it done with a lesser talent, getting a bunch of picks for him is a really good deal.
I hope that's what McDaniels thinks. If not, he's insane to be acting like he is. I just think he's way wrong. J

Joe Bryant said:
prelate said:
Sinn Fein said:

Interesting point. If you could wave a magic wand and throw Cutler back into this year's draft class knowing what you know about his NFL experience, he'd be miles ahead as the #1 pick. Wouldn't be close. He would be a real live "can't miss" as he's already hit.

The Broncos got more for him than I thought they would given how they managed things, but this still looks like a home run for Chicago to me.

J
I've felt the same way this entire time, Joe. I've thought 1st round picks were overvalued for a long time, especially in trades. Considering the inconsistency of 1st round picks, and the value of a big time qb like Cutler, I don't think it's even close. I'm confused about how others see this differently. :popcorn:
What we really don't know is the deals that McDaniels was pursuing or had inquirys about - but as a Bronco fan if he could have got Cassel who he knew and was comfortable with AND get numerous draft picks to repair this decrepit Defense he had to entertain or pursue them, and I think a lot of Bronco fans would agree. This team is going nowhere with the current state of the Defense - and it needed lots of first round talent - Defense is what wins Championships and Championships are what we want in Denver not 4,500 yards passing. They lost to the Bills at home and put up 580 yards in offense and you know what, I could have cared less about those yards and how "exciting" it was to watch Cutler. I've been a Bronco fan for a long time and the greatest games I remember are the ones where Gradishar stuffed people on the goal line, Louis Wright blocked field goals, TJ causing fumbles, Simon Fletcher sacks, Meck laying out Marcus Allen, Atwater destroying Okoye - the Defense made Mile High Stadium(RIP) the hardest place to play in the NFL, not Elway. It's a morgue at Invesco because everyone knows that it's useless to cheer the D on when they are going to miss tackles and never lay a hand on the QB. Were there communication issues here - you bet - but from a lot of accounts it looks like McDaniel and Bowlen explained that these trade talks were to try to improve the team and Cutler should have realized that part of the business. He didn't like that and by his reaction he has a lot of growing up to do - if he was in a snit over it it should have lasted a week, yet he and Cook strung it out even longer. I'm sure this showed Bowlen what kind of person and player he had - and in comparison to his close relationship to Elway he knew he had a loser. A talented loser that I'm sure caused them a lot of consternation in letting go - but what happened looks like it started because the D sucks not because McDaniel bungled coddling a prima donna.

pantherclub said:
Call me crazy but I think Denver kindof got hosed here. They gave up a franchise QB (those just dont come along often) for 2 mid first round picks in all reality and a 3rd. Kyle Orton has to be considered a throw in at this point. I am not crazy about this for Denver, I think the Bears come out looking groovy now. How did Tampa whiff on this?
Is it the consensus now to anoint Cutler a "franchise" QB? He's had a decent start to his career, but I think he'll find the going a bit tougher in Chicago than he did running Shanny's offense with far superior WR's, a better running game and a better OL.I'm a Bear-hater to be sure, but I think this smacks of a bit of a desperation move by Lovie and Angelo - both of whom are on the hot seat this season.
it's not desperation, how often do young QB's of his caliber come along where they are available? Answer - never. They have a team that's been on the cusp with their defense for a few years and weren't going to be much if any better this year. Their window is closing a bit and you have to strike while you can. I think they gave up a good bit but it will be VERY worth it. I can understand why you wouldn't like this as a GB fan, it's much easier facing Orton/Grossman twice a year than it will be to face Cutler.
I have no problem admitting that the Bears are going to be better with Cutler and that it will be strange not to have the best QB in the NFC North for the first time in 15+ years. My "desperation move" comment is just a reference to the obvious fact that they took a huge mortgage on the future to get this guy, and I don't think the jury is back yet on his ability to lead a team, much less qualify as a "franchise" QB. The fact is that the Bears defense was a liability last year, and its not going to get better any time soon with no first round picks the next two years, especially when Bus Cook comes knocking on Angelo's door. You've got question marks up and down the OL and no receiver to speak of. Its really pretty big on the risk/reward scale in my opinion.This sure makes that Monday night opener a much more interesting game. I wouldn't have thought they could top last year's opener against the Vikings in terms of drama, but this might do it.
No doubt on the defense. Biggest problem is that none of the safeties had any coverage skills whatsoever. There's still some talent on this D if they could just stop some 3rd and longs. They probably will never get back to the dominant status of 06, but I don't think they're that many holes from being a very servicable D.

McDaniels didn't have much choice. Once the Cassell rumor leaked, he either had to kiss Cutler's ### or stay true to the "no one is above the team" philosophy. He choose the latter. That doesn't mean he thinks he doesn't "need" Culter, just that he doesn't feel like sacrificing his entire organizational philosophy to kiss his 25 year old QB's ring.

I hope that's what McDaniels thinks. If not, he's insane to be acting like he is. I just think he's way wrong. J
"acting like he is"? What do you mean by that? Specifically what quote from McDaniel do you disagree with?I can't stand the Pats or the Broncos, so I'm no McDaniel fan. But I respect what he's done so far. He didn't leak the Cassell discussions; I'm 100% certain he wishes that had never gotten out. My understanding is that he spoke with Cutler, reassured Jay that he was his QB, but refused to give him a no-trade verbal guarantee. I have a hard time finding fault in that.

Last edited by a moderator:
McDaniels didn't have much choice. Once the Cassell rumor leaked, he either had to kiss Cutler's ### or stay true to the "no one is above the team" philosophy. He choose the latter.
I don't believe those were the only two options, personally.

Joe, the wisdom of what you say is probably why FBG is such a great site and great product. You have great guys working for you--and you obviously let them know you value them. That's just smart business!

McDaniels didn't have much choice. Once the Cassell rumor leaked, he either had to kiss Cutler's ### or stay true to the "no one is above the team" philosophy. He choose the latter.
I'm all ears.

"acting like he is"? What do you mean by that? Specifically what quote from McDaniel do you disagree with?I can't stand the Pats or the Broncos, so I'm no McDaniel fan. But I respect what he's done so far. He didn't leak the Cassell discussions; I'm 100% certain he wishes that had never gotten out. My understanding is that he spoke with Cutler, reassured Jay that he was his QB, but refused to give him a no-trade verbal guarantee. I have a hard time finding fault in that.
I just don't understand why he'd even get involved with those talks to begin with. Of course Cutler is going to be a bit angry about the fact that the conversations came up. If he felt he didn't need Cutler's services and could use the value in other areas, why didn't he just seek out a deal like this first? I'm sure most people here would be a bit annoyed if their boss started interviewing for their position, and then told them "no, you're our guy. I can't guarantee I won't hire someone else and get rid of you, but you're our guy!". Come on, that's a terrible way to handle things. I'd be updating my resume and looking for a new job if that were happening.Based on these facts it probably wouldn't be terribly off for Cutler to believe he'll have a hard time negotiating a fair extension to his contract and just maybe there's someone out there that would appreciate his services more. And it is a business for him too.

Can't wait for the first time Cutler throws a temper tantrum during a game and Urlacher comes over to have a man to boy talk with him. Should be fun to watch.

LOL at Schlereth's constant slobbing on the Broncos. He acts liket the Broncos have a new sherriff in town and are ready to dominate the league. :lmao:
:lmao: He has been sickening all week blasting the hell out of Cutler and praising the Broncos. SickeningThis doofus thinks the Broncos are Super Bowl contenders.
:lmao: I heard Stink predict 5 wins out of the Broncos this year. I also heard him say that the San Diego Chargers were the biggest winners from this trade. I kinda see his point on both of these statements, and hardly sense any Super Bowl endorsements out of it.

:lmao: He has been sickening all week blasting the hell out of Cutler and praising the Broncos. SickeningThis doofus thinks the Broncos are Super Bowl contenders.
:lmao: I heard Stink predict 5 wins out of the Broncos this year. I also heard him say that the San Diego Chargers were the biggest winners from this trade. I kinda see his point on both of these statements, and hardly sense any Super Bowl endorsements out of it.
Don't leave out Stink's prediction that the Bears will be the 3rd best team in the division, just above Detroit this season. :lmao: I've posted this in the other threads but this statement almost deserves it's on Stink bashing forum. :lmao:

I'm sure most people here would be a bit annoyed if their boss started interviewing for their position, and then told them "no, you're our guy. I can't guarantee I won't hire someone else and get rid of you, but you're our guy!". Come on, that's a terrible way to handle things. I'd be updating my resume and looking for a new job if that were happening.
This isn't even close to being an accurate analogy.- You would be out of a job entirely. Cutler would merely be doing the same job, for the same pay, elsewhere.- The possibility of getting "traded" is not something that comes with the job for you or me. It is for Jay Cutler and pretty much any other professional athlete. They have understood since childhood that football players can get traded at any time.- If our employers chose to "get rid of" you or I, we might be facing serious a serious financial crisis. Not so for Jay Cutler.- If you or I were unhappy with our jobs, we could not make a big public stink about it without any repercussionsJay Cutler is a spoiled, immature baby. He's a good QB who might someday be a great QB, and if I were a Bears fan, I'd be happy about this trade, but there really is no excuse for the way he has handled himself.

I just don't understand why he'd even get involved with those talks to begin with. Of course Cutler is going to be a bit angry about the fact that the conversations came up.
You don't understand why a new head coach would get involved in personnel decisions? What? Of course McDaniel is going to look at the roster and see if he's able to do some tweaking to fit his overall philosophy. It's not a knock on Cutler - anyone in the NFL is tradeable.
If he felt he didn't need Cutler's services and could use the value in other areas, why didn't he just seek out a deal like this first?
I doubt McDaniel felt he "didn't need" Cutler's services, he just wanted to explore all avenues. If a car dealer called and offered to trade you a new BMW for your Honda Civic, and you take the call, does that mean that you "don't need" your Honda Civic? No, it just means that you're willing to look at your options.
I'm sure most people here would be a bit annoyed if their boss started interviewing for their position, and then told them "no, you're our guy. I can't guarantee I won't hire someone else and get rid of you, but you're our guy!". Come on, that's a terrible way to handle things. I'd be updating my resume and looking for a new job if that were happening.
Might as well go ahead and update that resume, b/c I'm sure there's someone out there whom your boss would hire to take your place if that someone became available. We're all replacable - it's silly to think otherwise. Perhaps McDaniel could have done a bit more butt kissing to make Jay feel all warm and fuzzy, but instead he talked to him like a man and was honest with him. Jay's inability to handle it and childish behavior is his problem, not McDaniels.
Based on these facts it probably wouldn't be terribly off for Cutler to believe he'll have a hard time negotiating a fair extension to his contract and just maybe there's someone out there that would appreciate his services more. And it is a business for him too.
Sure. He has every right to whine and use his leverage if his feelings are hurt. I just think it's extremely unprofessional and childish.

Don't leave out Stink's prediction that the Bears will be the 3rd best team in the division, just above Detroit this season. :lmao: I've posted this in the other threads but this statement almost deserves it's on Stink bashing forum. :lmao:
I didn't hear that part because I didn't see the whole thing. I think Minnesota is better than Chicago, and it's really not extremely far fetched for Green Bay to finish higher than Da Bears either. The Lions will be bad again, so they shouldn't even be in the discussion. If Schlereth would have left the just above Detroit part out, his prediction wouldn't have sounded as bad.

I'm all ears.
He could have lied. He could have lied right to Cutler's face.

:thumbup: He has been sickening all week blasting the hell out of Cutler and praising the Broncos. SickeningThis doofus thinks the Broncos are Super Bowl contenders.
:own3d: I heard Stink predict 5 wins out of the Broncos this year. I also heard him say that the San Diego Chargers were the biggest winners from this trade. I kinda see his point on both of these statements, and hardly sense any Super Bowl endorsements out of it.
RBM is consistently wrong on these boards, so his mischaracterization of Schlereth is par for the course.I agree with Schlereth that the Chargers win big. I guarantee Norv Turner and the Chargers secondary coaches are smiling tonight.

Might as well go ahead and update that resume, b/c I'm sure there's someone out there whom your boss would hire to take your place if that someone became available. We're all replacable - it's silly to think otherwise. Perhaps McDaniel could have done a bit more butt kissing to make Jay feel all warm and fuzzy, but instead he talked to him like a man and was honest with him. Jay's inability to handle it and childish behavior is his problem, not McDaniels.
I don't think it's very silly to believe that my supervisor wouldn't go interviewing for my replacement unless they were unhappy with my performance. It's ridiculous to think that it wouldn't be a signal that they didn't appreciate the skills I brought to the table. And while I have no doubts that I am replacable, I can guarantee you that my company isn't looking to replace me. They just booked 10K in training for me. If my boss were interviewing people with my skillset, it would obviously be a signal otherwise. If he truly appreciated Cutler, he would be looking for ways to get more out of him. Not considering replacements.

why do Dilfer and Schlereth keep saying that Aaron Rodgers is a much better QB than Jay Cutler?
listening to Schlereth today has been truly entertaining. I think my favorite part is his assertion that he won't find the love from the fans like he did in Denver. OK, Stink. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Cutler is gonna be welcomed by the Chicago faithful. Here's the news Stink: They don't care if he didn't play nice with McDaniels. :thumbup:

why do Dilfer and Schlereth keep saying that Aaron Rodgers is a much better QB than Jay Cutler?
I did see that part, and I'm confused as well. Aaron Rodgers is pretty good, but I don't think he has the natural ability of Cutler. Maybe they have questions about Cutler's character given the way things have gone down. :thumbup:

I hope that's what McDaniels thinks. If not, he's insane to be acting like he is. I just think he's way wrong.

J
"acting like he is"? What do you mean by that? Specifically what quote from McDaniel do you disagree with?I can't stand the Pats or the Broncos, so I'm no McDaniel fan. But I respect what he's done so far. He didn't leak the Cassell discussions; I'm 100% certain he wishes that had never gotten out. My understanding is that he spoke with Cutler, reassured Jay that he was his QB, but refused to give him a no-trade verbal guarantee.

I have a hard time finding fault in that.
From what I understand, it wasn't that he refused to give him a no-trade verbal guarentee but that he actually said he couldn't guarentee he wouldn't trade him. I believe all he had to say was that Cutler was his QB and leave it at that but he adds that he couldn't guarentee that he wouldn't trade him. I think this is where things go downhill.

listening to Schlereth today has been truly entertaining. I think my favorite part is his assertion that he won't find the love from the fans like he did in Denver. OK, Stink. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Cutler is gonna be welcomed by the Chicago faithful. Here's the news Stink: They don't care if he didn't play nice with McDaniels. :thumbup:
Bears fans are going to love Jay Cutler. I have no doubt about that. Probably wind up as the best QB in franchise history and he hasn't even taken a snap yet.

Bears fans are going to love Jay Cutler. I have no doubt about that. Probably wind up as the best QB in franchise history and he hasn't even taken a snap yet.
Bears fans should love Cutler. Broncos fans loved Cutler up until the time McDoosh came to town. Pretty risky first major move of your coaching career there Josh. If this doesn't work out, it might be a looong time before you're ever a head coach again. Especially if Cutler thrives in Chi-town.

I don't think it's very silly to believe that my supervisor wouldn't go interviewing for my replacement unless they were unhappy with my performance. It's ridiculous to think that it wouldn't be a signal that they didn't appreciate the skills I brought to the table. And while I have no doubts that I am replacable, I can guarantee you that my company isn't looking to replace me. They just booked 10K in training for me. If my boss were interviewing people with my skillset, it would obviously be a signal otherwise. If he truly appreciated Cutler, he would be looking for ways to get more out of him. Not considering replacements.
We're talking about new management coming in here. Not your supervisor who just booked 10k in training for you.

listening to Schlereth today has been truly entertaining. I think my favorite part is his assertion that he won't find the love from the fans like he did in Denver. OK, Stink. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that Cutler is gonna be welcomed by the Chicago faithful. Here's the news Stink: They don't care if he didn't play nice with McDaniels. :own3d:
Don't question Stink. He knows more about the Bears and their fans than anyone. :thumbup:

We're talking about new management coming in here. Not your supervisor who just booked 10k in training for you.
And I would update my resume if my current boss were to leave, no doubt about that. I wouldn't go looking to run out the door, but I'd be prepared for everything. And if he started interviewing people with my skillset and giving obvious signals that he was considering shaking things up in my area, I'd be looking to find the first ticket out of there. I've received one poor review in my lifetime, unfairly poor. I quit the next month. Cutler knows that his skills are valuable - he has a contract he's going to want to renegotiate sometime soon. I don't see why he owes any loyalty to a team that doesn't appreciate what he brings to the table. He's a guy looking to make a living, with an ego and pride, just like the rest of us.

And I would update my resume if my current boss were to leave, no doubt about that. I wouldn't go looking to run out the door, but I'd be prepared for everything. And if he started interviewing people with my skillset and giving obvious signals that he was considering shaking things up in my area, I'd be looking to find the first ticket out of there. I've received one poor review in my lifetime, unfairly poor. I quit the next month. Cutler knows that his skills are valuable - he has a contract he's going to want to renegotiate sometime soon. I don't see why he owes any loyalty to a team that doesn't appreciate what he brings to the table. He's a guy looking to make a living, with an ego and pride, just like the rest of us.
You'd be "looking to find the first ticket out of there," or you'd stop taking your boss's phone calls and put your house up for sale?"He has a contract he's going to want to renegotiate..." Oh, well hey, if he's going to want to re-neg on the agreement he made, then I guess that excuses everything.

"I don't see why he owes any loyalty to a team that doesn't appreciate what he brings to the table." How about the fact that he signed a contract? Is that a good enough reason?

"He's a guy looking to make a living... just like the rest of us." Except that he's already made enough money to last the rest of his life, so it's not really about "making a living" anymore, and he signed an agreement that said he would play for this team for X number of years for X number of dollars. The "rest of us" probably never made this type of commitment to our employers.

You'd be "looking to find the first ticket out of there," or you'd stop taking your boss's phone calls and put your house up for sale?"He has a contract he's going to want to renegotiate..." Oh, well hey, if he's going to want to re-neg on the agreement he made, then I guess that excuses everything.

"I don't see why he owes any loyalty to a team that doesn't appreciate what he brings to the table." How about the fact that he signed a contract? Is that a good enough reason?

"He's a guy looking to make a living... just like the rest of us." Except that he's already made enough money to last the rest of his life, so it's not really about "making a living" anymore, and he signed an agreement that said he would play for this team for X number of years for X number of dollars. The "rest of us" probably never made this type of commitment to our employers.
There's no doubt he's been immature about it himself. But to act like Broncos management handled the situation terrificly is off IMO as well. They played their own part in this. What kind of idiot goes in and starts pissing off his franchise QB in this fashion? It's terrible management.I could see him maybe doing something like this if he worked with him and was unsatisfied with his play/commitment whatever after a year, but it was just stupid to come in and start talking about trading for a QB. Off the charts stupid.

Holland Freeze said:
ta2d4life said:
Hopefully the Bronco's now trade up with some of those draft picks to go after another QB, because as of right now all Denver WR's ain't worth a pi$$!
What would it take for a trade with Detroit?1.01 + 2.01in the ball park for Denvers1.12 and 1.18
That looks like a great trade on paper, but I doubt Denver is moving up to take Sanchez or Stafford (unless one of them fall into the 7-10 range and moving up is relatively cheap). I think the plan in Denver is to have Orton start this year, and use the two firsts on defense. Next years QB class looks strong, and Denver could have a top 5 pick :confused: . I'd much rather take two quality defensive players this year and go after a Bradford/Snead/Mccoy etc next year. Orton is more than capable of starting for a couple seasons.

Holland Freeze said:
ta2d4life said:
Hopefully the Bronco's now trade up with some of those draft picks to go after another QB, because as of right now all Denver WR's ain't worth a pi$$!
What would it take for a trade with Detroit?1.01 + 2.01in the ball park for Denvers1.12 and 1.18
That looks like a great trade on paper, but I doubt Denver is moving up to take Sanchez or Stafford (unless one of them fall into the 7-10 range and moving up is relatively cheap). I think the plan in Denver is to have Orton start this year, and use the two firsts on defense. Next years QB class looks strong, and Denver could have a top 5 pick :o . I'd much rather take two quality defensive players this year and go after a Bradford/Snead/Mccoy etc next year. Orton is more than capable of starting for a couple seasons.
FYI Pick 1.12 and 1.18 do no equal value with pick 1.01 on the draft pick value chart. And that didn't even count the 2nd rd pick that you wanted to throw in

Holland Freeze said:
ta2d4life said:
That looks like a great trade on paper, but I doubt Denver is moving up to take Sanchez or Stafford (unless one of them fall into the 7-10 range and moving up is relatively cheap). I think the plan in Denver is to have Orton start this year, and use the two firsts on defense. Next years QB class looks strong, and Denver could have a top 5 pick :o . I'd much rather take two quality defensive players this year and go after a Bradford/Snead/Mccoy etc next year. Orton is more than capable of starting for a couple seasons.
FYI Pick 1.12 and 1.18 do no equal value with pick 1.01 on the draft pick value chart. And that didn't even count the 2nd rd pick that you wanted to throw in
Yep, that trade would never happen (that's why i said it looks great on paper for Denver)..if Denver wanted the #1 they would have targeted it... What i'm saying is i think Denver passes on drafting a QB this year.... maybe the go Raji (Tyson) and Ray Ray ....

There's no doubt he's been immature about it himself. But to act like Broncos management handled the situation terrificly is off IMO as well. They played their own part in this. What kind of idiot goes in and starts pissing off his franchise QB in this fashion? It's terrible management.I could see him maybe doing something like this if he worked with him and was unsatisfied with his play/commitment whatever after a year, but it was just stupid to come in and start talking about trading for a QB. Off the charts stupid.
If McDaniels believed that Cassel was the answer (which it seems he did), he couldn't afford to wait a year.

Users who are viewing this thread