What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Album Draft - 15th Anniversary Edition - 50 Rounds in the books, sign up now for KP's listening program (1 Viewer)

Sorry wasn’t expecting to be up again tonight. 

Nick Drake- Pink Moon 

“Place to Be” 

“From the Morning”

Thanks again to @krista4 for introducing me to this fine artist. 
oh #### this noise
Also on my short list.  I think I said it elsewhere, and I'm not really sure why, but it really is the perfect Sunday morning sound for enjoying some coffee and cooking breakfast.

I love Canada!!!

How are Canadian Real Estate prices these days?  Would I have to serve in the military to become a citizen?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Band - The Band

This seems like low hanging fruit. A must have.

What songs did cosjob pick for the Last Waltz? I don't want to double up.
There was a list somewhere of all the spotify picks.  Someone doubled up on my clash tune, but it's so good I kept quiet.

Wilco - A Ghost Is Born

Have to do another Marco/shuke back-to-back pick.  Seems like there is a lot of Wilco talk in here so can't wait on this any longer.  This is my favorite of their's and thankful it fell to me.  So many songs I absolutely love it's hard to pick two.  The kids are now accustomed to starting every vacation/weekend roadtrip with this album, with "At Least That's What You Said" played at full blast.

Tracklist:

At Least That's What You Said
Hell Is Chrome
Spiders (Kidsmoke)
Muzzle of Bees
Hummingbird
Handshake Drugs
Wishful Thinking
Company in My Back
I'm a Wheel
Theologians
Less Than You Think
The Late Greats

By my calculation there are only 3 Beatles official Studio albums remaining, I can't risk not having one of them...

I'm going with:

The Beatles - Beatles for Sale - 1964

No Reply

I'm a Loser

You get some raw John on Rock n Roll Music, some sensitive Paul on I'll follow the Sun, and a whole lot of great tunes bridging the old into a new level of songwriting, any Beatles is great Beatles so happy to have one of them on the island with me...

I never think of aGiB as one of my favorite Wilco albums but looking at that track list, like three of my top five favorite Wilco songs are on there (ALTWYS, HD and Theologians). 

A bit hungover and stumbling through the fog here. I know I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff. Can't go wrong with this, though, right?

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

Gets better and better over the years. Can I get the US release with Fools Gold?

I Wanna Be Adored

I Am The Resurrection
First one you got from my list. Kick-### record, and I would've asked for the US release too. :lmao:

"I Wanna Be Adored": all-time great opener.
"I Am The Resurrection": ####### great closer.

And the middle is pretty damn great too.

Spreadsheet and post #2 is up to date, I think this is all that is outstanding

4.19Doug B-- skip

4.24Chaos Commish-- skip

5.15Chaos Commish-- skip

5.20Doug B-- skip 

---

5.21Binky the Doormat--otc

5.22otb lifer--

5.23Eephus--

5.24Oliver Humanzee--

5.25Krista 4--

5.26landrys hat--

5.27JZilla--

5.28Mrs Rannous--

5.29Mr Ected--

5.30rcam--

5.31Hov34--

5.32Ilov80s--

5.33Dr Octopus--

5.34MAC 32--

5.35RedmondLonghorn--

5.36Bonzai--

5.37simey--

5.38cosjobs--

PICK 5.21

Sitting on 2 picks ...it's a coin flip and a hope that the other one lasts.  Neil has so much good stuff that I thought hard about waiting, but I really wanted this album.  

AFTER THE GOLDRUSH - NEIL YOUNG

My two songs

Southern Man

When You Dance I Can Really Love

ETA  I now believe I could have had this AND "All Things Must Pass" if I had reversed the order.  :dryheaving:

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit hungover and stumbling through the fog here. I know I'm forgetting a bunch of stuff. Can't go wrong with this, though, right?

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses

Gets better and better over the years. Can I get the US release with Fools Gold?

I Wanna Be Adored

I Am The Resurrection
####. And yeah... Fools Gold is all kinds of awesome. Went on lots/all mixed tapes back then.

Jeff Buckley - Grace

There are records out there by artists that I would have a back up plan for, but tragically, not this one. There is nothing else like it. 

Last Goodbye

Grace
Muther flunker.

This guy.

Jeff Buckley - Grace

There are records out there by artists that I would have a back up plan for, but tragically, not this one. There is nothing else like it. 

Last Goodbye

Grace
And that's a second.  :lmao: Figured it could go even sooner, and this is great value. What a spectacular voice.

Crashed and burned trying to sing "Grace" at a local karaoke contest once, but I won't hold that against Jeff.  :ph34r:

Can't fault the song picks in the least, but if I'd taken it, I already had my mind set on "Lover, You Should've Come Over" ('cause it's an all-time favorite) and "Lilac Wine" (beautiful, fantastic to sing along to).

I don't want to Jinx anything, but other than Low End Theory, this round has been a dream for me.  I have never even heard of any of those records other than Neil and the Beatles.  Keep it up hipsters!

5.12 Pulp, Different Class (1995)
Jarvis' new song House Music All Night Long is my quarantine anthem

Saturday night, cabin fever in house nation
This is one nation under a roof
Ain't that the truth

gosh darn this claustrophobia
'Cause I should be disrobing you
Yeah, in a woodland glen
With the wood in your face
Everybody in the place

Listening to house music all night long
And all day too
I was waiting for you

Without spotlighting have y’all listened to anything you thought might be on your shortlist that didn’t hold up? I’m in the middle of one now. 

Low End Theory is dope. Just adding that I love "Excursions" as an opener. Plenty of classics falling to a tantalizing range due to the priorities of the drafters (as a whole).

And that's a second.  :lmao: Figured it could go even sooner, and this is great value. What a spectacular voice.

Crashed and burned trying to sing "Grace" at a local karaoke contest once, but I won't hold that against Jeff.  :ph34r:

Can't fault the song picks in the least, but if I'd taken it, I already had my mind set on "Lover, You Should've Come Over" ('cause it's an all-time favorite) and "Lilac Wine" (beautiful, fantastic to sing along to).
:lmao:  I can only imagine.

Yes, I love those tunes but had to include the power of "Grace". 

PICK 5.21

Sitting on 2 picks ...it's a coin flip and a hope that the other one lasts.  Neil has so much good stuff that I thought hard about waiting, but I really wanted this album.  

AFTER THE GOLDRUSH - NEIL YOUNG

My two songs

Southern Man

When You Dance I Can Really Love
I absolutely love this album. My favourite Neil changes by the day but no one take the one it is right now for a round or two please..

Users who are viewing this thread