What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Desert Island Music Draft-Albums-Artist Alphabet Island- ****Make ALL owed picks soon or we will pick for you**** (1 Viewer)

Won't everyone just skip X, Q, Z? Would be nice for scarcity etc... if we could do all 26 letters but be flexible with these three - maybe for these they could for first or last name or the title of the album or any word in the album title. Just thinking out loud.
I skipped T last time for some reason :shrug:

Won't everyone just skip X, Q, Z? Would be nice for scarcity etc... if we could do all 26 letters but be flexible with these three - maybe for these they could for first or last name or the title of the album or any word in the album title. Just thinking out loud.
I will use Q and Z.

simey said:
My best friend's 7 year old is both.
:headbang:
 A few years ago when he was riding his big wheel (that I bought him), he ran over my achilles heel. His mother told him to apologize to me, and he said, "She should have been walking faster." :o I told my friend later she needed to check his scalp for 666. 

If the artists name is Cher or Madonna or Prince etc and this is their real first name then the artists name is applicable. Unless they record an album under the name Cherilyn Sarkisian, Madonna Ciccone or Prince Nelson.

If Bob Seger has an album with the artist name of "Bob" then B it is. If its under Bob Seger then it is under S
What would Jethro Tull be? Must be a J or Eephus could have drafted Tull last time.

I'm in too, if there's still room. Hope I can redeem myself and actually see it through to the end, after flaking out on the tail end of my last few.  :ph34r:

I already had X in mind. My leadoff track. :wub:

I will use Q and Z.
Yep, there's virtually no chance I skip Z, probably not Q or X for that matter, unless everyone jumps on them first. 

I'm with Tim and Uruk. I don't mind the no greatest hits albums, but I'd prefer everything else to be free drafting. As for speed, if JML is running it, it will be as a slow as pond water.
Hey!

I like discussion, rather than people just firing off picks. 

I have a plan to deal with autoskipping and the speed. Best plan believe me. I have the best people working on it and we will all win bigly.

OK.

I think we are pushing 30 right now.

Where we are with "rules"

No Greatest hits

Live albums allowed, but not an obvious best of live

Various Artists is allowed for V providing it is relatively new material

No Decade restrictions

No limit on the times an artist can be drafted, freeing up some of the more difficult letters. Eg Backstreet Boys can be drafted 28 times, if they had 28 legitimate albums.

2 letters can be skipped. I would prefer all, but with this many drafters it will be difficult. I have a feeling we may need to revisit this one in round 20

I'd love to participate but I'd like JML to set an ideal number and then I'll draft or lurk acordingly. Seriously. Whatever works. My drafts tend to be predictable and a bit limited, so I'm fine with mere suggestions from others. I'd rather work in a team than splooge my glam/punk/indie/hip hop self all over. 

I'd love to participate but I'd like JML to set an ideal number and then I'll draft or lurk acordingly. Seriously. Whatever works. My drafts tend to be predictable and a bit limited, so I'm fine with mere suggestions from others. I'd rather work in a team than splooge my glam/punk/indie/hip hop self all over. 
Some will draft normally, some weirdly. No problem with either. If you want to team up with someone go for it, you are just as welcome to draft alone. I am capping it at 30, but 32 if some old regulars drop in late.

Anybody willing to team up so that numbers get kept down? If you've seen me in former drafts, you probably know my style, but there's a lot of surface not scratched. 

PM me if interested. I'd like to work with someone that sends YouTube stuff along, etc. If not, that's cool, and I may go it alone, but I'd like input. The draft suggestions can get lost in a maze, and I find my best recommendations come via trusted drafters that PM, etc. 

Just let me know. I'm amenable and willing to even play second fiddle in a big way.   

-RA

Anybody willing to team up so that numbers get kept down? If you've seen me in former drafts, you probably know my style, but there's a lot of surface not scratched. 

PM me if interested. I'd like to work with someone that sends YouTube stuff along, etc. If not, that's cool, and I may go it alone, but I'd like input. The draft suggestions can get lost in a maze, and I find my best recommendations come via trusted drafters that PM, etc. 

Just let me know. I'm amenable and willing to even play second fiddle in a big way.   

-RA
I'll go in with you if you don't get your own spot.

I will update the op with all the "rules" in a few hours time to see if there is more discussion on them.

2 more things

Draft slots? Pick your own slots? Eg 1-8, 9-16, the #### end etc? You can be as specific or vague as you want. Draft slot picking will open up at a time not yet specified.

To deal with speed, we will have 2 people up at any given time. No autoskipping. PM people your pick if you arent around. Will need an "always" around volunteer or 2. Not me

I'll go in with you if you don't get your own spot.
Everyone is in, if they want. Dont care if we have 23, 26 or 32.

If 32 are in, we could always spilt the draft in 2 like the 80s draft in post #2. Would prefer everyone in the same one, but having 2 different groups of drafters could be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
:lmao:

You must be my Aussie doppelganger. "Here's 8 bazillion rules - y'all enforce them!"

Not quite. I used to be the right rules nazi, now i tend to let it flow. Just like the Talking Heads we just need a baseline

The always around thing is for PMs for picks, not rule enforcement

Not quite. I used to be the right rules nazi, now i tend to let it flow. Just like the Talking Heads we just need a baseline

The always around thing is for PMs for picks, not rule enforcement
I know - just funning ya. There are folks in these drafts that could actually get the US government to run efficiently based on how they keep things moving.

Users who are viewing this thread