What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DI Jukebox Draft (66-15)- Listen up (1 Viewer)

Eephus already answered that question if you had taken the time to just look back two or three pages ago, and it was obvious people were posting round 19 after 4 est. I'm not trying to be a wise apple, but c'mon man. 
Look with this new format, on my phone, I screwed up. Would it have been so hard for someone just to post yes? 

At this point I'm just glad Tim isn't drafting the Kars for Kids jingle
I actually considered, rather strongly, taking a song by the New Seekers for my 1971 pick that became an extremely famous TV jingle. But in the end I found a song I like better for that year. 

The spreadsheet has fallen into disrepair since round 14.  I blame the long weekend and the board upgrade but whatever the reasons, no spreadsheet means Zilla can't update the Uberplaylist.  The new board search problems exacerbates the issue.

I think we have two options going forward:

1.  Everybody repost their picks from round 14 to present in a single post to make bulk copy/paste updates easier.  If possible post picks in the same format that the spreadsheet uses (SONGTITLE ARTIST YEAR).   Don't do this now, wait until Wednesday morning when spreadsheet elves are awake.

2.  Forget about the spreadsheet altogether and wait until the end.

I guess people inputting their own picks is an option too :shrug:

What if people who are able to input their own picks do it and people who can't post their post round 14 picks here and others (I'll help) input them?

The spreadsheet has fallen into disrepair since round 14.  I blame the long weekend and the board upgrade but whatever the reasons, no spreadsheet means Zilla can't update the Uberplaylist.  The new board search problems exacerbates the issue.

I think we have two options going forward:

1.  Everybody repost their picks from round 14 to present in a single post to make bulk copy/paste updates easier.  If possible post picks in the same format that the spreadsheet uses (SONGTITLE ARTIST YEAR).   Don't do this now, wait until Wednesday morning when spreadsheet elves are awake.

2.  Forget about the spreadsheet altogether and wait until the end.

I guess people inputting their own picks is an option too :shrug:
There's got to be a way to automate the heavy lifting needed for these drafts. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but we need some kind of submission form which funnels the results into an easy to read doc. All we need is an infinite amount of monkeys with javascript skills - would be my guess anyway.

I say we go with what is easier for Zilla to input into the ubermix.  If he would rather slowly work on it, we can repost tomorrow. 

I was doing a lot of the work on the sheet. I have off this week so not much time. However, I will try to go back and input as much as I can tonight. Sorry for dropping the ball on that

Now I'm realizing that I took 1989 in back-to-back rounds because I also lost the sheet I was working off. How should I fix this?  

Well, this is eephus' draft, but if you recently made the picks, I'd say just re-select them now, right?  I don't think it will hurt anything.  eephus? 

Yeah, I did both of those today because I had to put the sheet away to clean up for computer maintenance and lost it for a moment. To my chagrin, it's come back duplicate. One song I can just change the year. For the other song, I have a similar punk burner on deck. I don't think it's getting sniped, so I can also just cry "mulligan" at the end if it's determined to be the fairest thing.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Subbed out "Margin Walker" by Fugazi in 1989 for "Repeater" in 1991 and Dillinger Four's "A Pyre Laid For Image and Frame" from '08 for Neon Piss' "Look Homeward Angel" in '12.  The former songs in each couplet were the second picks, swept into the dustbin of history by the prior picks from those years. 

Thanks and sorry for the confusion. 

rock action > I can't make Alkaline Trio's "Ninety-Seven" Fit.  It wasn't released in 1997, but 1996, on their original demo tape.  Does 1996 release date work for your juke?  

rock action > I can't make Alkaline Trio's "Ninety-Seven" Fit.  It wasn't released in 1997, but 1996, on their original demo tape.  Does 1996 release date work for your juke?  

Yep. It works. Wiki had it listed in '97. If it's '96, it's actually better for me.  

"'97" (from Marc's a #### and Gar's a Drunk: The Johann's Face Story, 1997)

OK, Im on pg 91

Issues

Zamboni has been picking consecutive years. Somehow something got screwed up 

Need to go back and recheck his entries

ANd Mr CIA did not put any round numbers so Ill let AA fill in the first few and hopefully we can go from there

Otherwise, I think everything is close to updated

There's got to be a way to automate the heavy lifting needed for these drafts. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but we need some kind of submission form which funnels the results into an easy to read doc. All we need is an infinite amount of monkeys with javascript skills - would be my guess anyway.
I think Otis is busy.

Code:
1966 California Dreaming	1989 	        	2012 
1967 White Rabbit		1990 Stop		2013 The Wire
1968 5 to 1			1991 Always on the Run	2014
1969 Sweet Caroline		1992			2015 Hotline Bling
1970 The Boxer			1993		
1971 Jeepster			1994	
1972 Youre So Vain		1995	
1973 Piano Man			1996	
1974 Train Kept a Rollin	1997 6th Avenue Heartache	
1975 Tangled Up in Blue         1998 Use The Man	
1976 Blank Generation		1999 Canned Heat	
1977 Young, Fast and Scientific	2000	
1978 Up on Cripple Creek	2001 For Nancy	
1979 Nervous Breakdown		2002 The Rising	
1980 Call Me			2003 Reptilia
1981 Burnin For You		2004		
1982 Know Your Rights		2005	
1983 Lick it Up			2006 Back to Black	
1984 Hot For Teacher		2007	
1985 Walk of Life             	2008	
1986 Livin on a Prayer		2009 Maggie May	
1987 Caught in the Mosh		2010 Moves Like Jagger	
1988 Sweet Child o Mine		2011

zam > something's up with your picks; Acer and I missed one somewhere.  I have a gap in Round 14, highlighted on the sheet.  Please check.   

zam > something's up with your picks; Acer and I missed one somewhere.  I have a gap in Round 14, highlighted on the sheet.  Please check.   

zam - never mind the above; I just found "Bittersweet Symphony" sitting by itself in a later round, so since it doesn't matter I moved that to Round 14.

Subbed out "Margin Walker" by Fugazi in 1989 for "Repeater" in 1991 and Dillinger Four's "A Pyre Laid For Image and Frame" from '08 for Neon Piss' "Look Homeward Angel" in '12.  The former songs in each couplet were the second picks, swept into the dustbin of history by the prior picks from those years. 

Thanks and sorry for the confusion. 

Acer got to these before I did.  They've been corrected.  

Users who are viewing this thread