What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DI Jukebox Draft (66-15)- Listen up (1 Viewer)

Thanks KP.  Do you listen to Obscura? They are on my list to check out from fellow death fans.  I checked out on alot of metal in the 90s and jumped back in the same time you did. I have always loved death though and saw them a few times back in the day.  If the death to all tour comes back I highly recommend it.  Was one of the best shows ive seen.  Follow death dta tours on facebook.   YOu know Richard Christy the drummer on the last death album the sound of perseverance is a regular on Stern? 
Never listened to them, but will definitely check them out now.  Feel free to PM other stuff I should be checking out in the metal realm.  Wouldn't want to spotlight in here. ;)

Is everything better from your ER visit last night?
Yeah, thanks.  I have scarring in my esophagus, so food gets stuck.  Stuck a tube down last and got it out, but have to go back in a few weeks to expand it somehow.  All fine, just a bit sore and have to eat soft foods for 3 weeks. 

Yeah, thanks.  I have scarring in my esophagus, so food gets stuck.  Stuck a tube down last and got it out, but have to go back in a few weeks to expand it somehow.  All fine, just a bit sore and have to eat soft foods for 3 weeks. 
Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear things are ok. 

My mom, great aunt, and great uncle all had to get theirs expanded, and it worked out well. Acid reflux was the culprit to the narrowing and scarring of the esophagus. I have a hiatal hernia, and that causes me GERD sometimes. 

My mom, great aunt, and great uncle all had to get theirs expanded, and it worked out well. Acid reflux was the culprit to the narrowing and scarring of the esophagus. I have a hiatal hernia, and that causes me GERD sometimes. 
Yep, had that big time in my college days. That has gone away, but this #### started a few years ago.  Of course, like a typical male, I ignored it and put if off long enough to get me to the ER. 

I have Barret's syndrome and can't drink soda when I eat.  I choke on everything. I also have crazy allergies and an epi pen now.  My point is I feel your pain.  

Yep, had that big time in my college days. That has gone away, but this #### started a few years ago.  Of course, like a typical male, I ignored it and put if off long enough to get me to the ER. 
Since mom got her throat stretched, she still has to be careful with dry foods like bread. You gotta chew it real good before you swallow.

Nice.  Looking at my list, I get to take a couple Middle School years back to back.  I guess 13 year old KP was drawn to umlauts. 

Loved Crue.  When I got my first CD player I saw Too Fast For Love in the bargin bin, so that and a Dokken CD were the first ones I bought.  Gotta go with some upsidedown drumming Tommy Lee here...

21st(a):  Mötley Crüe - Wild Side (1987)

LINK

I was obsessed with this album in MS, and still is one of my favorites.  One of my first concerts was seeing them in Madison during the Empire tour.  Thankfully for me, since I didn't like Empire that much, that was when they played the full Mindcrime album.  They used their WI dates for the filming of the LIvecrime album and VHS.  Super cool for me, and I also got those and wore them out.  Love the solo on this song.  And no, that is not me in the black shirt in the crowd at the start.  I was a little farther back....

21st(b):  Queensrÿche - I Don't Believe in Love (1988)

LINK

Yo Mama's Bar & Grill

"Liquor in the Front, Poker in the Rear"

Put a dime/quarter in the jukebox (depending on how old you are), sqeeze into our spacious 10ftx10ft dance floor, and get your groove on!  Or just nod your head and cry into your beer - either way.

Playlist - Decade I (1966-1975)

1966 - Good Vibrations, Beach Boys

1967 - Brown Eyed Girl, Van Morrison

1968 - Magic Carpet Ride, Steppenwolf

1969 - Space Oddity, David Bowie

1970 - War Pigs, Black Sabbath

1971 -

1972 - Long Distance Runaround, Yes

1973 - Reelin' In The Years, Steely Dan

1974 - Band on the Run, Wings

1975 - Bohemian Rhapsody, Queen

Playlist - Decade II (1976-1985)

1976 - A Passage to Bangkok, Rush

1977 - Come Sail Away, Styx

1978 - Life's Been Good, Joe Walsh

1979 - Rock With You, Michael Jackson

1980 - Back in Black, AC/DC

1981 - Juke Box Hero, Foreigner

1982 - The Message, Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five

1983 - Separate Ways, Journey

1984 - World Destruction, Time Zone

1985 - How Soon is Now?, The Smiths

Playlist - Decade III (1986-1995)

1986 - Master of Puppets, Metallica

1987 -

1988 - Straight Outta Compton, N.W.A.

1989 - Shake Your Rump, Beastie Boys

1990 - Humpty Dance, Digital Underground

1991 - Come As You Are, Nirvana

1992 - Killing in the Name, Rage Against the Machine

1993 - Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town, Pearl Jam

1994 -

1995 - I Got 5 On It, Luniz

Playlist - Decade IV (1996-2005)

1996 - If I Ruled the World, Nas ft. Lauryn Hill

1997 - Everlong, Foo Fighters

1998 - Rosa Parks, Outkast

1999 -

2000 - Next Episode, Dr. Dre

2001 - Chop Suey!, System of a Down

2002 - No One Knows, Queens of the Stone Age

2003 - Time is Running Out, Muse

2004 - Mr. Brightside, The Killers

2005 -

Playlist - Decade V (2006-2015)

2006 - White Unicorn, Wolfmother

2007 - Stronger, Kanye West

2008 -

2009 -

2010 -

2011 - Lonely Boy, The Black Keys

2012 -

2013 -

2014 - Early, Run the Jewels

2015 - WTF (Where They From), Missy Elliott ft. Pharrell Williams

All of my picks are solid picks. 

I really dont don't get the criticism. I could have chosen lousy songs, but instead I chose pop hits that I like to listen to, to hum and sing along. I love all kinds of music, including quite a bit of the avant-garde stuff many people have selected here. I love punk, folk, blues, rock, and lots of variations of the above. 

But for some reason it has always been uncool to like top 40 hits, and especially songs which cater to casual music listeners and are designed to sell to the masses. I'm not embarrassed to admit that I love a lot of these songs and always have. I'm using this draft to offer some of my very favorites. 
I Like pop music. At the old Hoof every year, I would always do my top 100 songs of the year (I still do for those interested) and there would always be 30-40 pop songs on it that would be new to a lot of people there. Last year's version had Drake, Taylor Swift, Grimes, Carly Rae Jepsen, Justin Bieber, even Nickelback for the first time ever, I'm far from a rockist so thats where I'm coming from when I say you either have awful taste in pop music (Stuck Like Glue? Counting Stars? Megan f'n Trainor?, Bubbly? Plain White T's?, James Blunt??) or you're trolling.

I Like pop music. At the old Hoof every year, I would always do my top 100 songs of the year (I still do for those interested) and there would always be 30-40 pop songs on it that would be new to a lot of people there. Last year's version had Drake, Taylor Swift, Grimes, Carly Rae Jepsen, Justin Bieber, even Nickelback for the first time ever, I'm far from a rockist so thats where I'm coming from when I say you either have awful taste in pop music (Stuck Like Glue? Counting Stars? Megan f'n Trainor?, Bubbly? Plain White T's?, James Blunt??) or you're trolling.
Well, I'm not trolling. Whether or not my taste is bad, I suppose that's subjective. But I really like all the songs you mentioned or I would never have picked them. 

Liking a lot of these picks in the past round. Love the Queensryche pick KP offered. I loved that album as a sophomore in high school. Nice concept and follow-through.  

Some great tracks. I'm afraid to revisit it, but I hated Empire when it came out, too, so maybe it'll sound good if you recommend it again.  

Ok, fair enough, maybe I'm just anti extremely soft pop, which is what most of those are.
Actually, what several have in common is folk influence. 

I didn't know that when I decided I like them. But it makes sense to me: I've always been a folk music fan and a folk rock fan. When in preparing for this I read the Wiki write-ups for "Counting Stars" and "Hey There Delilah" and learned that both were essentially folk tunes, I said to myself "THAT'S why I like them so much." 

And that's also why, all apologies to John Madden's Lunchbox, I really don't like very much electronic music, nor do I like metal. Both are IMO usually too far removed from the folk/blues/roots elements that I love so much. All of my favorite artists have some connection to these. 

I don't mind timpicks. I like Hey There Delilah and I wish Counting Stars was Shooting Stars (my nephew still sings that song) by Hayley and B.O.B., but reading timpicks are okay to an extent. He's picking really soft pop, soft rock, and "folk," and I couldn't care less. We have a communalism, but we all own our own bars and diners. Let's serve 'em up and fire down some blue plates.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind timpicks. I like Hey There Delilah and I wish Counting Stars was Shooting Stars (my nephew still sings that song) by Hayley and B.O.B., but reading timpicks are okay to an extent. He's picking really soft pop, soft rock, and "folk," and I couldn't care less. We have a communalism, but we all own our own bars and diners. Let's serve 'em up and fire down some blue plates.  
:thumbup:

I quite like "Counting Stars;" it's very cleverly arranged and well-sung.  It and Maroon 5's "Sugar" (no surprise that I would say this) are among tim's strongest picks, IMO. 

I've enjoyed having Tim in a music draft.  It's kind of funny that he has such a populist mix when that's been one of his bugbears in political threads.

But it's been great having 30 different drafters shooting at the jukebox theme from at least 30 different directions.  We're 80% into a 1500 pick draft and nobody has dropped out (I think).  Well, certainly nobody has stormed off and people were still talking about joining 25 rounds in.  :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread