What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do any of you have the virus? Thread for those that do **We're up to FOUR, including your's truly** (2 Viewers)

Virus or antibody? If the former...have you been feeling unwell to prompt the test?

I'm sure it's been covered already...but that just seems like way too long to have to wait.
Been sick over 3 weeks but with mild symptoms.  It started with chest pressure discomfort, then seemed like a cold - lots of sneezing which I don't think most people have, not much coughing, no fever.  After a week or so of that I started having some weird pains just randomly, still felt like a cold and then I was getting fatigued really easy - slept a lot.  Hydrated really well throughout, stopped drinking alcohol (sucks!).  In the last week the chest pressure went away, had some more energy (never stopped working) but still felt like a cold and then had a every so slight sore throat for a couple of days.  Whole thing has just been annoying.  I've kept myself isolated - only seen my family for 2 weeks now.  My symptoms have never been bad enough to warrant a test - I think I mentioned somewhere here that I didn't want to take a test from someone but finally had enough and scheduled it a few days ago.  I'm not even sure what I'm going to do other than call my GP with the results - at this point I may be more worried if it's negative (assuming it's a true negative) because I definitely have something wrong with me but again, nothing sever.  :shrug:

Been sick over 3 weeks but with mild symptoms.  It started with chest pressure discomfort, then seemed like a cold - lots of sneezing which I don't think most people have, not much coughing, no fever.  After a week or so of that I started having some weird pains just randomly, still felt like a cold and then I was getting fatigued really easy - slept a lot.  Hydrated really well throughout, stopped drinking alcohol (sucks!).  In the last week the chest pressure went away, had some more energy (never stopped working) but still felt like a cold and then had a every so slight sore throat for a couple of days.  Whole thing has just been annoying.  I've kept myself isolated - only seen my family for 2 weeks now.  My symptoms have never been bad enough to warrant a test - I think I mentioned somewhere here that I didn't want to take a test from someone but finally had enough and scheduled it a few days ago.  I'm not even sure what I'm going to do other than call my GP with the results - at this point I may be more worried if it's negative (assuming it's a true negative) because I definitely have something wrong with me but again, nothing sever.  :shrug:
Gl GB. Hope you keep trending better.

I'm still feeling weak from last Saturdays food/alcohol poisoning explosion... if that's what it was. None of it has felt like something I've gone through before and am tempted to get tested at a popup spot a block away.

Sounds like COVID

My son has what he describes a slight tickle in his chest and has coughed a few times this morning. But he also has suffered from allergies and a deviated septum for years now. Who the hell knows what to do. If they had a test with near immediate results Id get him tested just for peace of mind. That's what's so frustrating.

This is exactly how I have been feeling. Exactly. 

I had it.   Got positive antibody test in early June.

I got sick in March, right when this thing was kicking off.  Had slight difficulty of breathing(probably mild pneumonia) for almost a week, small fever for 2 days, and body aches/chills that lasted for about 4 days.  Never had a cough.  Called the family doc when I got it and because everything was hysteria back then and there were no tests, was told to just ride it out unless it got worse.  It sucked, but not any more than a bad flu.  I was lucky in that sense I guess.  Spent a week sleeping, avoiding my girlfriend, and eating soup.  Wouldn't want to do it again.  Girlfriend never got sick.  No idea if she was just asymptomatic as she hasn't had the antibody test.

I've been donating plasma to help others fight it, but that sucks if the antibodies are fading that quickly.  Might have to get retested to see if they're fading quickly from my blood.

I'm guessing that this has probably been mentioned already--but there are lots of reports that indicate that there seems some sort of connection between vitamin d and the severity of covid cases.   It's been mentioned by experts of the Rogan podcast, Bret weinstein, and lots of other doctors and scientists.  They don't know if it's a correlation/causation relationship---but the vast majority of people that get really sick with covid are deficient in vitamin D.   I'm 6 foot 2 and 235lbs and I've been taking 4000 iu's of vitamin D daily.   I'd recommend that people start taking vitamin D--and if you have covid  and are quarantined indoors--I'd definitely recommend taking some.  

Last edited by a moderator:
AAABatteries said:
I think you need a little Mezcal.

Get well, AAA. 

shadyridr said:
My son has what he describes a slight tickle in his chest and has coughed a few times this morning. But he also has suffered from allergies and a deviated septum for years now. Who the hell knows what to do. If they had a test with near immediate results Id get him tested just for peace of mind. That's what's so frustrating.
My son has completely stopped coughing after taking his allergy medicine. Im guessing allergies

I got tested earlier this week and it came back negative.

We recently moved and were notified that one of the movers who packed our house tested positive.  The movers who came to deliver to the new house were different people, but were in contact with the positive.  I was never in direct contact with the known positive because they packed our stuff after we had already left.  I decided to get tested when I heard this because I was feeling what I would normally consider to be allergy symptoms that I attributed to the dust of the move.  Itchy eyes, itchy throat, some very minor coughing, etc.  But just wanted to be sure.  

jvdesigns2002 said:
I'm guessing that this has probably been mentioned already--but there are lots of reports that indicate that there seems some sort of connection between vitamin d and the severity of covid cases.   It's been mentioned by experts of the Rogan podcast, Bret weinstein, and lots of other doctors and scientists.  They don't know if it's a correlation/causation relationship---but the vast majority of people that get really sick with covid are deficient in vitamin D.   I'm 6 foot 2 and 235lbs and I've been taking 4000 iu's of vitamin D daily.   I'd recommend that people start taking vitamin D--and if you have covid  and are quarantined indoors--I'd definitely recommend taking some.  
Is that more D than you used to take? 

Got tested this morning.  That was unpleasant to say the least.  But, few minutes of that is worth finding out.  Now what to do for the 6-10 days they said it may take to find out.  And then, depending on results what do I do.  Sucks.
I should have mentioned that while waiting 6-10 days sucks the process for the appointment and the test went really smoothly.  Signed up online for drive up test at CVS.  Appointment was at 9:40.  I pulled in to the parking lot at 9:30 - 2 cars in line.  First one drove off before I even got in line.  Person in front of me didn't take very long - I'm guessing they had been tested before.  I got to the window at 9:35 so waited only 5 minutes and started 5 minutes ahead of the appointment time.  They pass you a brown paper bag - unfortunately no Colt 45 inside.  Just a long ### q-tip and a vial.  You have to jam this thing in to your nasal cavity until you feel resistance.  You have to then spin the swab around for 15 second.  She says - "make sure you get it far enough up in there or we have to do it again - if it's not burning you probably haven't gone far enough in" - I wanted to reply with THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID but thought better of it.  I jam it up my nose and it immediately starts burning and she starts counting.  I spin it around while cringing like I had just stepped on a Lego barefooted.  Pull it out and the tears flow.  Rinse and repeat on the other side.  I finish and she tells me to take a minute to recover.  You take the swap put it in the vial, put the vial in to the plastic bag and drop it in the box on the side of the building.  Took about 12 minutes in total but think some of that was her doing stuff on her computer and checking my insurance.

She said she was doing about 45 tests a day.   That jives with doing about 6 an hour for 8 hours. 

Is that more D than you used to take? 
Absolutely--it's a lot more than I used to take.  I used to just rely on the GNC multi-vitamin that I take and limited exposure to sunlight for vitamin D until a couple months ago when the studies of vitamin D and covid came out.  Turns out that most multi-vitamins have very little vitamin D in them.  Vitamin D is basically not just a vitamin--once it gets processed in your body--it acts more like a hormone and it can regulate as much as 5% of your immune system and its response.   Also--certain ethnic groups have a genetic tendency to not absorb vitamin D naturally (for example Melanin can actually inhibit the body from absorbing it from the sun) and those ethnicities seem to be getting hit much harder with it.    I've basically upped my intake of vitamin D, vitamin C, and zinc since the covid outbreak.  I recommend that others do too.   

My wife's been taking a lot of D since this all started.  Not sure if there are any benefits for her immune system but it makes her feel good.  :shrug:  
I can’t tell if your comment is serious or a juvenile vitamin D joke.  I hope it’s serious as I’m literally trying to help people. For those of whom actually want to listen to some data- here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBSfIckPV44

I don't know anyone that has it except what's reported here and on the news.  In retrospect I thought our daughter had it in Feb after she came back from Viet Nam in November. All the major symptoms including hard to breath, cough and fever. We took her to urgent care but they didn't seem concerned and it was before all the testing was available. No one from her work got it and we didn't get it (at least we didn't have any symptoms). Type O blood and take D/C/zinc supplements :shrug: . Would be interesting to have the anti body test if it was a little more accurate.

Day 10 after my test has come and gone.  Called the clinic tonight and they told me LabCorp is backed up. They are hoping to get my results tomorrow. Absolutely frustrating and mind blowing. 

I got mine after 24 hours. Makes me wonder if they’re just saying #### it and giving everyone negative results. 

isIt's ironic @Joe Bryant, that the moment the "why aren't you wearing a mask" thread had it's first actual "I won't wear a mask" poster reply (and in a civil way) the thread got axed...before we could continue any conversation about it. 

Yes, there probably was a bit of less than excellence in there. But it also felt like we were having an actual adult conversation, with some worthwhile info being shared both ways.

isIt's ironic @Joe Bryant, that the moment the "why aren't you wearing a mask" thread had it's first actual "I won't wear a mask" poster reply (and in a civil way) the thread got axed...before we could continue any conversation about it. 

Yes, there probably was a bit of less than excellence in there. But it also felt like we were having an actual adult conversation, with some worthwhile info being shared both ways.
I honestly don't see why it got locked. I re-read the last page and saw nothing contentious. I think someone had a case of the Mondays on Sunday.

I honestly don't see why it got locked. I re-read the last page and saw nothing contentious. I think someone had a case of the Mondays on Sunday.
You are not seeing all the posts that were deleted. 

No time for tool factor being off the charts. 

She says - "make sure you get it far enough up in there or we have to do it again - if it's not burning you probably haven't gone far enough in" - I wanted to reply with THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID but thought better of it.   
You had a wide-open receiver in the endzone waving for the football, and you chose to check down to the running back instead.  You've let us all down.

I got tested two weeks ago and had the results in 3 days.  Very simple test, nasal swab, but just the nostril.  Not the "swab my brain" ones I've heard about.  Results were Negative.

I didn't have any symptoms.  It was just precautionary, before I flew home to see my wife.  Will probably repeat periodically, given how screwed-up things are in TX re this.

I've basically upped my intake of vitamin D, vitamin C, and zinc since the covid outbreak
back when hydroxychlorQ was being touted as effective treatment, along with zinc, it was thought that hydcq increased the cell's ability to uptake zinc and that that was perhaps the mechanism of effectiveness.

i don't know if there was any benefit, but reportedly, quercetin and EGCG are "natural" substances that increase cell zinc uptake

Just returned from my first COVID test due to new onset cough and fatigue.  Not pleasant.

Everyone else in my family has been tested except one daughter due to typical symptoms.  All have been negative.

I've had several known exposures at work but have been properly PPE'd up.  I've ordered 100 or so tests on my patients in the past 8 weeks and have had 5 positives.  Fortunately, none of the kids got very sick.

Just returned from my first COVID test due to new onset cough and fatigue.  Not pleasant.

Everyone else in my family has been tested except one daughter due to typical symptoms.  All have been negative.

I've had several known exposures at work but have been properly PPE'd up.  I've ordered 100 or so tests on my patients in the past 8 weeks and have had 5 positives.  Fortunately, none of the kids got very sick.
Gl GB Marco. Hope it's nothing, whether positive or negative result.

My daughter's workplace had mandatory masking in place for at least a month and she still contracted it with work being the only possible candidate. I wouldn't assume you are safe from a positive result. Be careful with whom you are around. Good luck.

Edit: I see you are a medical professional so feel free to ignore my comment...

And as for the vitamin C, vitamin D and zinc (along with low dose aspirin, melatonin and famotidine)----there is some early evidence that it may be beneficial but obviously nothing from a large, properly run trial specifically for COVID-19.  Given their physiologic effects, it does make some sense with what we currently know about how SARS-CoV-2 affects the body (very preliminary knowledge at this point, of course).  I'm not advocating you follow this regimen but would encourage you to ask your own physician about it.  I have been taking famotidine, vitamin D and low dose aspirin for a few years because I have acid reflux, low vitamin D levels and a bad family history of heart disease but, FWIW, I did start taking vitamin C and zinc supplements.  Not going start melatonin at this point, though.

Farid Jalali M.D., a gastroenterologist in San Diego, has been all over this and ahead of the curve for months.  He's a great twitter follow if you're interested in such things.

Are you a doctor?  Stop doing this.  There is no clear evidence of any of what you are saying.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

If you have a concern about your levels of Vitamin D, see your doctor.  
Actually he should keep doing this.  There are plenty of medical professionals that feel the same way especially those that treat the root cause of problems and not just treat the symptoms.  If you don't like it then you can ignore it.

Users who are viewing this thread