What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Do any of you have the virus? Thread for those that do **We're up to FOUR, including your's truly** (1 Viewer)

Been to a few functions in the last month..people were hugging and kissing me after drinking.  Was paranoid when I coughed a few times.   Got tested and was negative.

Are you a doctor?  Stop doing this.  There is no clear evidence of any of what you are saying.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

If you have a concern about your levels of Vitamin D, see your doctor.  
Stop doing what?  I never claimed to be a doctor and I referenced a clip that shows another medical experts opinion. I never told anybody to take any dangerous levels of anything and I just said to listen to the clip and make of it what you want.  Calm the eff down.  If you choose to not believe it--thats fine.  There are lots of studies that also indicate that vitamin D, vitamin c and zinc all support the immune system.  You don't need to run in here like a bull in a china shop trying to make something out of nothing.  

Actually he should keep doing this.  There are plenty of medical professionals that feel the same way especially those that treat the root cause of problems and not just treat the symptoms.  If you don't like it then you can ignore it.
Especially since every link that she sent basically seemed to indicate that being deficient in vitamin D is harmful for covid patients and that most people in the world and the United States are deficient.   The data in regards to how much it plays a role in helping is not fully established or peer reviewed because it is a novel virus.  There frankly hasn't been enough time to evaluate how beneifical it is--but the data doesn't seem to show anything about how being vitamin D sufficient is anything but good if one were to contract covid.  Just so I make clear and don't offend anybody--I'm not an effing doctor and do your own research and take your health in your own hands.  

Actually he should keep doing this.  There are plenty of medical professionals that feel the same way especially those that treat the root cause of problems and not just treat the symptoms.  If you don't like it then you can ignore it.
He should not.  It's fine to post articles and point out that they may have interesting information.  They do.  It is not okay to push random "treatments" or somesuch without any evidence at all that they work.  Especially since some of them could be harmful to some people.  And telling people just to ignore that stuff just doesn't work.  Some people are still doing that hydroxy crap, and we know that doesn't work and can be very harmful.

Stop doing what?  I never claimed to be a doctor and I referenced a clip that shows another medical experts opinion. I never told anybody to take any dangerous levels of anything and I just said to listen to the clip and make of it what you want.  Calm the eff down.  If you choose to not believe it--thats fine.  There are lots of studies that also indicate that vitamin D, vitamin c and zinc all support the immune system.  You don't need to run in here like a bull in a china shop trying to make something out of nothing.  
Ooo- it's the "calm down" insult.  I have no idea why you think you have to do that.  

You pushed some treatment and recommended everyone try it.  Not cool.  Even if it's a proven treatment, it's still not cool.

One of my four daughters tested positive. We had them all tested after our neice tested positive and she was with my daughters on the 4th..  Me, my wife and three of the daughters were negative. One tested positive with no symptoms. No cough, no fever, feels fine. She's been quarantined in our RV.. 
Gl, man.. two weeks after the 4th, hoping she stays asymptomatic.

How old is she?

Ooo- it's the "calm down" insult.  I have no idea why you think you have to do that.  

You pushed some treatment and recommended everyone try it.  Not cool.  Even if it's a proven treatment, it's still not cool.
I didnt push anything and you are arguing for the sake of arguing.  Enjoy your day and be careful when you jump off your high horse. 

One of my four daughters tested positive. We had them all tested after our neice tested positive and she was with my daughters on the 4th..  Me, my wife and three of the daughters were negative. One tested positive with no symptoms. No cough, no fever, feels fine. She's been quarantined in our RV.. 
Oh wow. Good luck. The fact that she's asymptomatic basically two weeks after the likely exposure seems like thats a good sign. Regardless--fingers crossed. 

Rooting for it to stay that way. GL!

He should not.  It's fine to post articles and point out that they may have interesting information.  They do.  It is not okay to push random "treatments" or somesuch without any evidence at all that they work.  Especially since some of them could be harmful to some people.  And telling people just to ignore that stuff just doesn't work.  Some people are still doing that hydroxy crap, and we know that doesn't work and can be very harmful.
He didn't push anything.  He's giving an alternative for intelligent people to go check out themselves.  Some like to take control of their health.

One of my wife's employees went to a Bachelor Party at Put-In-Bay and shocker, he's now sick as a dog. Be safe out there people. Luckily my wife convinced him to quarantine last week and work from home so he hasn't seen many people since last weekend's partying. 
Even in better times, that's pretty much asking to catch something. Just look at the name of the place.

My son (15) got tested yesterday, waiting on the results. He got potentially exposed on Sunday, sitting next to a player's parent at his girlfriend's softball game.  We were told of that parent's positive test yesterday afternoon. He's got no symptoms, nor do any of us in the house (knock on wood).

Will keep him home for the two weeks, regardless of the result. I had been going into work 2 days a week, but will stop that for the time being. 

Ready for this to all be a bad memory.  

I had a mild case  in March, got tested several weeks later - positive for antibodies, negative for SARS-CoV 2.

Been rolling with some stellar Creepy Guy at Church schtick at events ever since. “Wanna hug grrrl? I’m Corona free for life now.”

Sat out serving at the food pantry yesterday, first time this year. Have had a low grade fever since Wednesday, no other symptoms. Called a nurse Friday for a consultation, might follow up Monday or Tuesday. Still not right but not getting worse.

About 30-35 cases (nobody in ICU) in our church but don’t think I was exposed.

Lost a friend a few days ago. Week before another friend lost her mom & dad, three days apart.

It’s hard; we cannot have memorials or grieve in the ways we are accustomed.

One day this ends.
Sorry, it was April. I’m an old man & easily confused.

Thought I had previously posted about my tests results but I guess maybe that was in the New York thread? Counting on you to straighten this out, Flop. 

My son (15) got tested yesterday, waiting on the results. He got potentially exposed on Sunday, sitting next to a player's parent at his girlfriend's softball game.  We were told of that parent's positive test yesterday afternoon. He's got no symptoms, nor do any of us in the house (knock on wood).

Will keep him home for the two weeks, regardless of the result. I had been going into work 2 days a week, but will stop that for the time being. 

Ready for this to all be a bad memory.  
Son's test came back negative, thank goodness. 

When I told him I did have to mention that he teated positive for syphilis though. 

Wife and I got a kick out of it, him not so much. 

I had my annual physical (originally scheduled for middle of March) last week and opted to take the Cov19 antibody IGG test as part of my battery of blood work.

POSITIVE.

there was a point in the middle of March when my daughter and I both had a low-grade fever for 3 or 4 days (mine was mid-to-high 99s, daughter's lasted longer and was 100+/-.... and she acted like it was nothing, while I was wrecked) I remember wondering at the time about it... but neither of us had one single other covid symptom.

I'm not sure if it's possible that I could have it active now- the IGG antibodies show up later, typically- from my recent return to NYC, and not from that original fever. I've reached out to the doctor.

I had my annual physical (originally scheduled for middle of March) last week and opted to take the Cov19 antibody IGG test as part of my battery of blood work.

POSITIVE.

there was a point in the middle of March when my daughter and I both had a low-grade fever for 3 or 4 days (mine was mid-to-high 99s, daughter's lasted longer and was 100+/-.... and she acted like it was nothing, while I was wrecked) I remember wondering at the time about it... but neither of us had one single other covid symptom.

I'm not sure if it's possible that I could have it active now- the IGG antibodies show up later, typically- from my recent return to NYC, and not from that original fever. I've reached out to the doctor.
Who knows. I also had a low grade fever in March for two days and no other symptoms and that was a few days after being around someone who tested positive. I took the antibody test in May and it was negative.

just heard back... only took like 15 mins to get a response!

Antibodies take a few weeks after exposure to build- which means the virus is no longer active in my system, particularly for the IGG test.

POSITIVE.

just heard back... only took like 15 mins to get a response!

Antibodies take a few weeks after exposure to build- which means the virus is no longer active in my system, particularly for the IGG test.

My wife got hers done...

Negative.

:confused:

I find it very hard to believe that we could have different results.
Phew!

Wouldn't be shocked if my son (7) has/had it.  He had a low-grade fever (100.3) a couple nights ago, had a sore throat a couple days ago, and has had the sniffles all week.  And he's saying he can't smell anything!  

Daughter (9) also had a sore throat and sniffles, but no fever.

Wife and I are totally fine.  Soooooo... :coffee:  

My wife got hers done...

Negative.

My mother tested positive and my sister lived with her for 5 days before we knew about it.  My sister never contracted the virus.   :shrug:

My mother tested positive and my sister lived with her for 5 days before we knew about it.  My sister never contracted the virus.   :shrug:
We've lived and...ahem...together for a little more than 5 days.

I find it more likely that one of our results is faulty than only one of us contracting it and not the other.

Unless there's significant precedent for this thing hit and missing in shared households.

wait, @El Floppo - you've had it too? how'd I miss that?

let's book a lunch next week. y'all got any of those Chick-fil-A things downtown? I'm also open to a reuben from the corner bodega.

oh, wait....you ever go to this little hole in the wall? Mamasita is legit. Cheapish, too. I didn't count but there's like 30+ varieties of empanadas.

☎️

[/hijack]

Last edited by a moderator:

I find it more likely that one of our results is faulty than only one of us contracting it and not the other.

Unless there's significant precedent for this thing hit and missing in shared households.
My post was intended as surprise that my sister didn't contract the virus after 5 days of exposure.  I almost forgot, my other sister's husband also contracted the virus but she has somehow remained virus free as well.

My post was intended as surprise that my sister didn't contract the virus after 5 days of exposure.  I almost forgot, my other sister's husband also contracted the virus but she has somehow remained virus free as well.
Same with my sister and BIL.  BIL positive, sister negative.   Guys at work were on the road and shared a vehicle with each other for 2 weeks.  When they got back one tested positive and the other negative.  I've heard other random stories like that.

My wife got hers done...

Negative.

Ask for info on the specific test they ran - not just “antibody test”, but the actual name of the assay.

Google the package insert. Then look up the test’s specificity. The lower the number, the more likely your test is a false positive. Anything under 99% specificity will have a lot of those. 

There are other possibilities, like your wife’s test is a false negative (more likely if the test has a low sensitivity), or she didn’t mount an effective immune response. She might need more D.

POSITIVE.

this was pretty much my case. low grade fever, several days of discomfort, but NBD. I had a viral infection last October that lasted weeks and was pretty brutal, this was like "oh, not quite right today, maybe I'll be fine in a few days."

several weeks later Maimonides hospital had a free testing site for antibodies (finger ##### blood test) - you had to call to book a time slot. that same week I got tested for the virus at ta tent outside the VA (the long swab that feels like waterboarding.) a few days later I found out I was negative but had antibodies.

I believe that's true. Covid19 isn't measles.  It's much less infectious.  There's all sorts of reasons for that, many of which are being studied right now.

I believe that's true. Covid19 isn't measles.  It's much less infectious.  There's all sorts of reasons for that, many of which are being studied right now.
Interesting. Every cold and flue that comes through our household gets all of us. I had thought the deal with c19 was how transmittable it is, thus the social distancing and masks. Otherwise...why are we bothering with those?

Interesting. Every cold and flue that comes through our household gets all of us. I had thought the deal with c19 was how transmittable it is, thus the social distancing and masks. Otherwise...why are we bothering with those?
Yeah...I thought Covid was highly contagious.  If not, we are doing all of this wrong.

Ask for info on the specific test they ran - not just “antibody test”, but the actual name of the assay.

Google the package insert. Then look up the test’s specificity. The lower the number, the more likely your test is a false positive. Anything under 99% specificity will have a lot of those. 

There are other possibilities, like your wife’s test is a false negative (more likely if the test has a low sensitivity), or she didn’t mount an effective immune response. She might need more D.
:pickle:

Took it through Quest Diagnostics...they drew blood, not finger ##### (rdt). No specific manufacturer, but ere's what they say:

Question 3. How does Quest Diagnostics ensure that the serologic assays are accurate?    

All SARS-CoV-2 IgG antibody assay kits used by Quest Diagnostics have been authorized through an EUA process. Quest Diagnostics also ensures that tests offered for SARS-CoV-2 IgG are highly specific and have validated accuracy:

We use laboratory-based immunoassays from manufacturers who have demonstrated robust validation of their kits. Highlights of the manufacturers’ validation include:

Clinical performance of approximately 90% to 100% (assessed as percent agreement of serology results on known COVID-19 PCR positive cases).

Specificity of approximately 99% to 100%. This was assessed by performing cross-reactivity studies utilizing serum samples positive for antibodies to other respiratory viruses, as well as panels of samples from pre-COVID times (2010, 2017, and 2019).3-5

Before starting patient testing, we verify the performance characteristics of the kits by doing CLIA/CAP-required in-laboratory validations using stringent acceptability criteria for precision, reproducibility, accuracy, method comparison, cross-reactivity, and clinical performance.

Yeah...I thought Covid was highly contagious.  If not, we are doing all of this wrong.
No he's comparing it to Measles which is one of the most highly contagious diseases ever. This is more in the flu range (slightly higher).

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-most-contagious-disease-on-Earth

Take this FWIW, but our daughter had her yearly physical a couple of weeks ago and we were talking about COVID and her pediatrician told us not to bother with antibody tests because many of them out there were low specificity and were showing false positives making the information you get from them pretty meaningless.

Again, this is just a pediatrician and not an epidemiologist. @El Floppo maybe you should take @Terminalxylem advice and see if you can find out the exact test you took and look at the information on it. I can see a bunch of people thinking they are immune because of the antibody tests and becoming carefree, which may not be a smart thing.

nvm. I didn't see you responded as I was typing.

Users who are viewing this thread