What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DT Aaron Donald, LAR (2 Viewers)

Restructures typically mean he just got paid salary as a bonus, he did not take a cut. I don't know if they will request any of that bonus is repaid, right now it looks like they are dealing with a Russell Wilson like $62M dead cap hit, which of course they'll try and spread out.

ETA-I did not know about this so you are right:

Aaron Donald cap implications:20m in option bonuses guaranteed TODAY. So looks like Rams agreed to pay AD 8.9m in 2024 salary (by converting it to signing bonus) in exchange for his retiring today, before the option bonuses guaranteed.2024 cap hit increases 16.2m, from 27m to 43.2m. However with a post June 1 designation, his 2024 cap hit would decrease by appx 10m, from appx 27m to 17.1m, and his 2025 dead cap hit would be appx 25.2m.

Donald still pockets a cool $13.5M on his way out the door, clears almost $10M in salary relief for the Rams as he announces his retirement
Rams had to know he was retiring when they restructured his current contract.

-8x All-Pro
1st ballot HoF feels like a safe bet here

Last edited:
Darnold still pockets a cool $13.5M on his way out the door, clears almost $10M in salary relief for the Rams as he announces his retirement

-8x All-Pro
Darnold played for the Rams?

Best DT in NFL history in my opinion. Top-4 defensive player in history alongside Reggie White, Bruce Smith, and Lawrence Taylor.

Donald was literally the best DT in the NFL for the entirety of his career. Never had a down year, I'm not sure any other player can say that they were the best at their position from rookie to retirement.

Massive loss for the Rams, and for the NFL in general.

Donald still pockets a cool $13.5M on his way out the door, clears almost $10M in salary relief for the Rams as he announces his retirement

-8x All-Pro
>>Minutes after announcing his retirement from the NFL, Aaron Donald has now been inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame.<<

Per Michael Ginnitti with Spotrac, the Rams are expected to hand Donald a $13.8 million bonus as he retires.

Good job, LAR. That’s how you should treat a legend.
Did Sanders end up having to return prorated bonus dollars?

Both Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson had their unearned signing bonus clawed back. IIRC it was around $1.8M for Barry (25 years ago), and $1.6M for Megatron. It took years to repair the relationship with #81.

Both are active alumni with ambassador roles now. Sheila Hamp Ford does things the right way. Her parents were oblivious.

I believe Romo kept around $2M when he retired. When guys put their bodies on the line for a decade or more, they deserve to be treated with the respect they’ve earned, irrespective of the contractual language.

Best DT in NFL history in my opinion. Top-4 defensive player in history alongside Reggie White, Bruce Smith, and Lawrence Taylor.

Donald was literally the best DT in the NFL for the entirety of his career. Never had a down year, I'm not sure any other player can say that they were the best at their position from rookie to retirement.

Massive loss for the Rams, and for the NFL in general.
Merlin Olsen comes close. 15 years, 14 pro bowls, and 5 all pros.
Back then, pro bowls meant more.

Users who are viewing this thread