What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanEx Analysis Draft (3 Viewers)

BGP,how many QBs are there in the NFL that have started a superbowl?How many that have taken two different teams to the championship game? The guy's a winner.He threw for 4k yards last year and sure his TD numbers stink but...
I don't understand where you're going there. This is about FanEx. You don't get any points for having a QB that has been to a super bowl. Collins really hasn't put up great fantasy numbers over his career, and has totally flamed out at one point (remember his stint in New Orleans). He had a great second half of 2002, but this IS Collins.mbuehner wrote:
Come on now, Dodds never said they had no risk. No-one has no risk, we all know that.
The following is the statement I disagreed with.Dodds wrote:
With Brady, Maddox and Collins, I don't see losing any of these players to benchings.
How does he or anyone know Maddox is not another Cunningham/George/etc? One good "comeback" year and then goodbye? Especially with a pricey Batch on the bench. If he grades these QBs out to be better than Holcomb, fine. But, he claims he's playing it safe, and I don't see it. I would debate that its even possible to play it safe once you get to QB3. So why not shoot for the upside with something like Holcomb when its available? These situations don't happen every year.I know I'm dragging this out too long. I wanted to drop the issue a page ago, but I just think some don't understand what I'm saying or think I'm being a homer or something and that's just wrong. I don't want to offend anyone so I'll drop it here. Time to move on with the FanEx. So if you respond and don't get a reply back from me, that's why.Good luck guys.

I'd rank the top 4 so far:1. Hulett/Houston - great depth everywhere, I like every pick they've made.2. Cahill - every pick except Emmitt has been great. Somehow I think this team will eventually win it all.3. Dodds - the depth can' t be argued with and the Josh Reed pick solidifies his team as top 3.4. Del Pilar/Bonini - starting the entire 49ers offense can not be a bad thing... 3 great qb's; may end up with some weakness at WR though.
That's roughly been my take, although it's of course bouncing around as other picks are made. Despite the role-reversal this year (ie dissing WRs instead of RBs), I also like Kellogg's team, in fact would probably list it at #3. Gonna need to make a reach/gamble of some kind on WRs though.

I don't understand where you're going there. This is about FanEx. You don't get any points for having a QB that has been to a super bowl. Collins really hasn't put up great fantasy numbers over his career, and has totally flamed out at one point (remember his stint in New Orleans). He had a great second half of 2002, but this IS Collins.How does he or anyone know Maddox is not another Cunningham/George/etc? One good "comeback" year and then goodbye? Especially with a pricey Batch on the bench. If he grades these QBs out to be better than Holcomb, fine. But, he claims he's playing it safe, and I don't see it. I would debate that its even possible to play it safe once you get to QB3. So why not shoot for the upside with something like Holcomb when its available? These situations don't happen every year.I know I'm dragging this out too long. I wanted to drop the issue a page ago, but I just think some don't understand what I'm saying or think I'm being a homer or something and that's just wrong. I don't want to offend anyone so I'll drop it here. Time to move on with the FanEx. So if you respond and don't get a reply back from me, that's why.Good luck guys.
Bottom line: I think you are undervaluing Collins and overvaluing Holcomb. Collins has just as much upside as Holcomb this year, with much less risk. If Couch wins the starting job over the next few months, then spending a pick on Holcomb here becomes completely worthless. IMO, the risk of that happening is much higher than the risk of Collins or Maddox being benched for Palmer or Batch, respectively. Also, I believe Butch Davis wants a power running game with William Green being the focus...whereas the Giants under Fassel are more willing to air it out on a consistent basis.If you were advocating waiting a few rounds and then picking up Holcomb as a QB3, that would make some sense. But, taking him at the 8.01 spot over the few established QBs that are left would be a HUGE reach. Just look at the difference according to Antsports: Collins' ADP is 8.07 (same as Chad Pennington by the way) while Holcomb's ADP is 14.07 (tied with Marc Bulger). So, on average, Kerry Collins is being drafted 6 rounds earlier than Holcomb. Claiming that Holcomb should have been the pick at 8.01 is just not a winnable argument.

I'd rank the top 4 so far:1. Hulett/Houston - great depth everywhere, I like every pick they've made.2. Cahill - every pick except Emmitt has been great. Somehow I think this team will eventually win it all.3. Dodds - the depth can' t be argued with and the Josh Reed pick solidifies his team as top 3.4. Del Pilar/Bonini - starting the entire 49ers offense can not be a bad thing... 3 great qb's; may end up with some weakness at WR though.
That's roughly been my take, although it's of course bouncing around as other picks are made. Despite the role-reversal this year (ie dissing WRs instead of RBs), I also like Kellogg's team, in fact would probably list it at #3. Gonna need to make a reach/gamble of some kind on WRs though.
Thank you - I kind of like my team as well.

BGP,how many QBs are there in the NFL that have started a superbowl?How many that have taken two different teams to the championship game? The guy's a winner.He threw for 4k yards last year and sure his TD numbers stink but...
I don't understand where you're going there. This is about FanEx. You don't get any points for having a QB that has been to a super bowl. Collins really hasn't put up great fantasy numbers over his career, and has totally flamed out at one point (remember his stint in New Orleans). He had a great second half of 2002, but this IS Collins.
ahh but what about the 4k yards?skated right past the holcomb comments....hmmmg'night brian

I'd rank the top 4 so far:1.  Hulett/Houston - great depth everywhere, I like every pick they've made.2.  Cahill - every pick except Emmitt has been great.  Somehow I think this team will eventually win it all.3.  Dodds - the depth can' t be argued with and the Josh Reed pick solidifies his team as top 3.4. Del Pilar/Bonini - starting the entire 49ers offense can not be a bad thing... 3 great qb's; may end up with some weakness at WR though.
I noticed no komments on Pinkston yet, Greg. I liked your team alot up until that pick, I'm curious to hear the analysis.

I noticed no komments on Pinkston yet, Greg. I liked your team alot up until that pick, I'm curious to hear the analysis.
Basically my thought process is simple - Philly was third in passing TDs last year (27 as a team) despite McNabb missing six games. Pinkston is the ONLY Eagle's receiver that is assured of a starting position. In Pinkston's last five games (he didn't play in week 17) he got targetted 45 times, caught 25 passes for 350 yards and three TDs. He was 15 times in the Red Zone and at 6'2 presents a tall if not large target for his QB. There are not too many WR1's left - Pinkston is one and he is on a team that should move the ball effectively again this year. And it didn't hurt that his numbers had increased in each of his three seasons.

Basically my thought process is simple - Philly was third in passing TDs last year (27 as a team) despite McNabb missing six games. Pinkston is the ONLY Eagle's receiver that is assured of a starting position. In Pinkston's last five games (he didn't play in week 17) he got targetted 45 times, caught 25 passes for 350 yards and three TDs. He was 15 times in the Red Zone and at 6'2 presents a tall if not large target for his QB. There are not too many WR1's left - Pinkston is one and he is on a team that should move the ball effectively again this year. And it didn't hurt that his numbers had increased in each of his three seasons.
Well done. I think Pinkston as the #1 WR in Philly is a solid sleeper pick this year, and has more upside than the guys drafted after him who are clearly #2 WRs (or maybe worse) on their teams (T.Streets, A.Lelie, K.McCardell, J.Reed, J.Thrash). Travis Taylor seems to be a legitimate #1 on his team but he's been a bit of a disappointment so far and put up his best #s with Blake at QB last year. Although I expect many of these WRs to put up similar numbers, none of them are risk-free. Pinkston is still young enough to expect further improvement, and the trend in his numbers suggests he has a good chance to reach 1,000 yards and 10 TDs as long as McNabb continues to look his way like he did last year. The fact that Philly did not add much at the WR position in the offseason and may lose Freeman suggests to me that they are pretty comfortable with Pinkston as their #1 WR this year. While the 9th round may seem a little early for him, I think most owners who take him in the 10th or 11th round (ADP is 11.04 according to Antsports) will be pretty happy.

I'd rank the top 4 so far:1.  Hulett/Houston - great depth everywhere, I like every pick they've made.2.  Cahill - every pick except Emmitt has been great.  Somehow I think this team will eventually win it all.3.  Dodds - the depth can' t be argued with and the Josh Reed pick solidifies his team as top 3.4. Del Pilar/Bonini - starting the entire 49ers offense can not be a bad thing... 3 great qb's; may end up with some weakness at WR though.
Greg...I agree with you on this and argued it before. Definitely seem to be in the minority when we rank him ahead of Thrash. Only one thing worries me, those great numbers you mention all occurred when McNabb was on the bench hurt. Will McNabb throw to him like Feely did? In the playoffs Freeman had more FF points in the second game, Thrash had more in the first game.

Actually, while the logic is sound enough, I'm underwhelmed by the Pinkston pick as well, hence my earlier remarks, but who knows....

I agree, I wouldn't call any Philly WR assured of a starting spot. I think it's all quite odd. They draft all sorts of RBs and yet they have Duce. The level of play they expect from the RB must be drastically higher than the WR. Parcells seemed similar with his WRs on the Giants. None too exciting and shortly after he "retired" they were each out of football. Maybe Philly's line of thinking works.Anyhow, I haven't seen a stable/reliable week in week out Philly WR in a long time. They're all sporadic. If Pinkston and Thrash start, then Freddie Mitchell(bust) comes in and has a couple nice catches, he'd probably stay in. Sporadic WRs are NG

I agree, I wouldn't call any Philly WR assured of a starting spot. I think it's all quite odd. They draft all sorts of RBs and yet they have Duce. The level of play they expect from the RB must be drastically higher than the WR. Parcells seemed similar with his WRs on the Giants. None too exciting and shortly after he "retired" they were each out of football. Maybe Philly's line of thinking works.Anyhow, I haven't seen a stable/reliable week in week out Philly WR in a long time. They're all sporadic. If Pinkston and Thrash start, then Freddie Mitchell(bust) comes in and has a couple nice catches, he'd probably stay in. Sporadic WRs are NG
Sporadic WRs don't hurt you in this league's scoring system, however. Each week, the highest scoring WRs count. I agree that the Eagles WRs would have less value in a league where you have to pick starters. But, for this system, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pinkston's stats count more often than most of the WRs picked after him. He's capable of having big weeks. And, I believe I also read the quote somewhere that said he was the only WR guaranteed of a starting spot in Philly this year. Thrash looked like he would be the guy a year ago, but Pinkston seemed to clearly overtake him as the #1 last year. I, too, am worried that his better days were with Feely at QB, but I think the team is more confident in him now, and hopefully McNabb will be too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pinkston pick was nice. He's definately coming on as the guy. The Thrash pick was horrendous. He was so phased out last year. After a nice couple of early weeks he was a complete waste.

So who does DD take with his next pick? TE with Lewis or Stevens? He and Joe had Stevens ranked ahead of Lewis, but I have to think he would take Lewis first.

So who does DD take with his next pick? TE with Lewis or Stevens? He and Joe had Stevens ranked ahead of Lewis, but I have to think he would take Lewis first.
At this point, 9 TEs have gone off the board, but only 3 Defenses are gone. I think the value pick here is Carolina's defense, who Dodds and Joe have ranked as their #4 defense. Otherwise, I'd go Jolley at TE (they ranked him 9th) over both Jerramy Stevens and Chad Lewis.

At this point, 9 TEs have gone off the board, but only 3 Defenses are gone. I think the value pick here is Carolina's defense, who Dodds and Joe have ranked as their #4 defense. Otherwise, I'd go Jolley at TE (they ranked him 9th) over both Jerramy Stevens and Chad Lewis.
Damn good points.

If he is going TE, I like Jolley also. But, if he's going 2 kickers, 2 defenses, 2 Tight Ends, then he still has another position open. If it's RB or WR, I think with Pittman's problems he should get another RB. But Who? All the rest are certain backups. Maybe Kevin Fauk (Receptions one point) or even Michael Wiley in Dallas. Who has the best chance of not only playing 4 or 5 games because of injury but playing well enough to score as a RB or Flex?

If he is going TE, I like Jolley also.
After a fun series of trades, I will scoop up TE Jolley OAK at 11.12, just prior to Dodds' 12.01 pick.

Wouldnt it be funny if David traded up to the 11.11 pick and takes Jolley out from under your nose?
David wouldn't do that. :excited:He went with a defense at 12.01

Being a Steeler Homer, I like Dodd's Pick.In this format, Dodds will be getting 2 DEFs and getting the best score. PIT is a sack machine DEF which can also stifle the run. Kendrell Bell was hurt all last season after a high ankle sprain in the preseason. He was never fully healthy last year and was still a monster. The pass coverage was pretty miserable last year, but Flowers is gone. He was an incredible liability in the secondary. Smart OC's (like Oak) stayed in 3-4 WR sets forcing Flowers to cover a WR and he just couldn't get it done. In steps Mike Logan & he goes down to injury. Logan's back. Enter Polamalu, who many are comparing to the Lott-Carrier mold of USC pro safeties. Chris Hope is a year older and vying for playing time at safety. The back of the secondary will be improved. I am still concerned about the corners, but all Steel Curtain fans will have to wait and see with that situation.The main reason I like this pick up is Antwaan Randle El. ST touchdowns will be a huge boost to this team's scoring, and Randle El is amazing on PR's. Those bonus TDs will get support the DEFs scoring in a very positive way. The added scoring from ST will make up the difference over the more steady DEF's who are not flashy, but get teams off the field.He will have 2 DEF's to get one good score each week. PIT should earn their fair share.2003 Schedule:Home: BAL, TEN, CLE, STL, ARZ, CIN, OAK, SDAway: KC, CIN, DEN, SEA, SF, CLE, NYJ, BALThat's not the greatest, but the 2 best passing O's on the grid playin PIT (STL & OAK). Having CLE, CIN, & BAL 2x each is also a plus. Sorry, Ohio FB fans, but those teams still have something to prove in my book. CIN & CLE are improving, but have to show up on a regular basis to become a real threat. Look for improvement on last years numbers, and this will be a solid platoon DEF.

As RB crazy as this draft has been, I'm surprised at the lack of pass-receiving RBs being draft. With the 1pt/rec rule, third down backs like Kevin Faulk and fullbacks like Cory Schlesinger will be outscoring many teams' RB3 and RB4...

Being a Steeler Homer, I like Dodd's Pick.In this format, Dodds will be getting 2 DEFs and getting the best score. PIT is a sack machine DEF which can also stifle the run. Kendrell Bell was hurt all last season after a high ankle sprain in the preseason. He was never fully healthy last year and was still a monster. The pass coverage was pretty miserable last year, but Flowers is gone. He was an incredible liability in the secondary. Smart OC's (like Oak) stayed in 3-4 WR sets forcing Flowers to cover a WR and he just couldn't get it done. In steps Mike Logan & he goes down to injury. Logan's back. Enter Polamalu, who many are comparing to the Lott-Carrier mold of USC pro safeties. Chris Hope is a year older and vying for playing time at safety. The back of the secondary will be improved. I am still concerned about the corners, but all Steel Curtain fans will have to wait and see with that situation.The main reason I like this pick up is Antwaan Randle El. ST touchdowns will be a huge boost to this team's scoring, and Randle El is amazing on PR's. Those bonus TDs will get support the DEFs scoring in a very positive way. The added scoring from ST will make up the difference over the more steady DEF's who are not flashy, but get teams off the field.He will have 2 DEF's to get one good score each week. PIT should earn their fair share.2003 Schedule:Home: BAL, TEN, CLE, STL, ARZ, CIN, OAK, SDAway: KC, CIN, DEN, SEA, SF, CLE, NYJ, BALThat's not the greatest, but the 2 best passing O's on the grid playin PIT (STL & OAK). Having CLE, CIN, & BAL 2x each is also a plus. Sorry, Ohio FB fans, but those teams still have something to prove in my book. CIN & CLE are improving, but have to show up on a regular basis to become a real threat. Look for improvement on last years numbers, and this will be a solid platoon DEF.
I don't think special teams TDs score points for the Defensive Team in this league.Note this from the rules:* Defensive TDs include Interception returns, Fumble returns and blocked kick returns. Punt and Kickoff returns are scored by the individual as a special teams play. There will be no double scoring for TDs UNLESS a player both passes and receives for a TD.There are also no points awarded for scoring defense, simply the following:6 pts = Defensive TDs*2 pts = Turnovers1 pts = Sacks4 pts = SafetiesI see this as the main reason for Dodds choosing Pittsburgh over Carolina. They both should get lots of sacks, but Pitt may get more turnovers because of the division they play in. Cin, Cle, and Bal seem likely to be more mistake prone than TB, NO, and ATL.

Sporadic WRs don't hurt you in this league's scoring system, however. Each week, the highest scoring WRs count. I agree that the Eagles WRs would have less value in a league where you have to pick starters. But, for this system, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pinkston's stats count more often than most of the WRs picked after him. He's capable of having big weeks. And, I believe I also read the quote somewhere that said he was the only WR guaranteed of a starting spot in Philly this year. Thrash looked like he would be the guy a year ago, but Pinkston seemed to clearly overtake him as the #1 last year. I, too, am worried that his better days were with Feely at QB, but I think the team is more confident in him now, and hopefully McNabb will be too.
Highest(yardage) WR in Philly last 3 years2002 Pinkston 798 yards2001 Thrash 835 yards2000 Charles Johnson 642 yardsWeeks over 100 yards receiving02-Pinkston-001-Thrash-200-C.Johnson-03 years 2 total, one of which was in week 16.Weeks under 50 yards(go with half of 100)02 Pinkston-701 Thrash-800 Johnson-10So your fanex scoring point about catching them on a high game, you would have used a Philly #1 WR twice over the last 3 years. More often than not, they're getting less than 50 yards. In my previous post I mentioned it's been that way for as long as I can remember. Feel free to do the research and find the last 1000 yard WR for Philly. Then find me one with 4(25%) 100 yard games.I see no reason, little fact to support drafting a Philly WR in FF. If Greg did this as a gutpick that's totally different. While I disagree(stats) I have devellopped a bunch of respect for "Greg's gut" over the years. Gutpick's don't necessarily have to have good reason.

That parcells thing1983-1990 NY Giants 1993-1996 NE PatriotsOver 12 seasons, only 3 times did a WR get 1000 yard:Lionel Manuel, Earnest Gray(83 first year coaching) and Terry Glenn's rookie yearAgain, I believe WRs are far down on the list of Reid's list of position's whose success dictates how the team will fare.Several coaches' concerns are running and defense, running and defense, running and defense. Very very very much concerned with the middle of the field.Even when Parcells had Keyshawn getting 1000 yards in NY. Martin was running all the time and slot WR(over the middle)Chrebet led the NFL in 3 down catches.Parcells has had a couple great TEs(Coates and Bavaro). Some FFers have gotten excited about Philly TEs the last couple years. Hell Keith Jackson was a good pick years ago for Philly.That's their coaching philosophy and likely something that devellopped in the NFC East with some Hall of Fame coaches. Want an interesting nuggest to chew on about oh say the last 20 years or so:If you're a WR and you get 1000 yards in the NFC East you;re going to the the hall of fame. :bag: Funny but it's darn close to that

So David, it would seem that you need to go TE with at least one of the picks. Looking over the rest of the crop, Riemersma, Brady, Chamberlain and Graham stand out. On Pit, I have some concern that there will be enough balls to go around. Brady seems likely to be cut, though it is nearing a week past June 1 and he is still on the roster. Chamberlain had a bad year last year, but all of Minn O suffered until Bennett learned how to run. In limited duty last year, Graham averaged a very nice 10 yards/catch. In other news, the Bucs just signed Terry Kirby, who I thought was dead.

I don't think special teams TDs score points for the Defensive Team in this league.Note this from the rules:* Defensive TDs include Interception returns, Fumble returns and blocked kick returns. Punt and Kickoff returns are scored by the individual as a special teams play. There will be no double scoring for TDs UNLESS a player both passes and receives for a TD.There are also no points awarded for scoring defense, simply the following:6 pts = Defensive TDs*2 pts = Turnovers1 pts = Sacks4 pts = SafetiesI see this as the main reason for Dodds choosing Pittsburgh over Carolina. They both should get lots of sacks, but Pitt may get more turnovers because of the division they play in. Cin, Cle, and Bal seem likely to be more mistake prone than TB, NO, and ATL.
Well, I still like the pick.My rationale is shot to terds, but I still like it. I assumed that special went with DEF teams. Who's draft Randle El? Anyone? I might add him to the list just for the return TDs. My guess is he has 2 on the year. Not to mention all the gadget 2pt plays for him and Ward playing catch, running the option, yada yada yada.Returns go to IDP? really? That really sucks the juice out of a DEF scoring system. What did the DEF's score on average last year und this format?

Did Cahill and Cannon move ahead of Dodds with better teams? Will the next two picks make a difference to Dodds?

Brian's post was too long to quote - I read something out of Philly that stated Pinkston was assured a starting job and I felt that in that offense, especially with the new field surface, he was a great value. As to how good or bad a pick he is - based on last year, taking the top five scorers from my RBs and WRs with a minimum of two each, Pinkston would have started for me 14 out of 17 weeks. Jimmy Smith would have started 12 games. Darrell Jackson would have started 10 games. Steve Smith would have started 10 games. My RBs, the strength of my team would have broken down like this:Clinton Portis: 14 StartsWarrick Dunn: 11 StartsWilliam Green: 8 StartsDuckett: 4 Starts** In week two both Green and Duckett scored 2 points - I gave the start to Green. Portis did not play in the first two games and Green played very little.Clearly the WRs would have been used as my flex player more than my backs - but that does not lessen the overall impact this team would have had. My best 5 RB/WRs would have scored a total of 1,110 points with a high week (15) of 102 and a low week (4) of 37.Last year's FAD champion scored a total of 1473 points - a record.Now I realize that last year's scoring has little to do with what will happen in 2003, but look at the players and the difference in their situations - Portis didn't really start until week 5. Green started just three of the first nine games and split carries with Jamel White the whole first half. Steve Smith was a very raw first year starter and Jackson missed three complete games due to a very severe neck injury.I kind of like where I am sitting right now. And Pinkston is expected to be a valuable contributor again.

Did Cahill and Cannon move ahead of Dodds with better teams? Will the next two picks make a difference to Dodds?
I dunno -- I might be kind of biased, but I think Cahill's team has ranked ahead of Dodds' from the get-go. Especially adding D'Wayne Bates in the 14th. :angry:

I dunno -- I might be kind of biased, but I think Cahill's team has ranked ahead of Dodds' from the get-go. Especially adding D'Wayne Bates in the 14th. :thumbup:
I also see it as a Cahill/Cannon leader board. -wink-

Boerighter at 10.8? Please tell me that this was an automatic computer selection. He went at 12.11 in our 16 team league. I've heard of jumping up a round or two for your sleeper, but jumping up half a draft is insane.

I noticed that there was no guest analysis for the Boerighter pick. Can we safely assume that it didn't make the cut because it didn't reflect too well on the owner?

Many DB's return kicks.They wouldn't qualify as an IOP would they?I guess it's great if you draft Randle El, Mason, etc who are excellent KR's as well as WR's. But I prefer to keep the Return TD's with DEF/ST.NO biggie though.Still wondering when Randle El is going to go.....In Dodds' case, I would definitely be looking for a WR that return punt and kickoffs as that "extra" pick. Well, unless he uses it to get a 5th RB looking at Pittman's situation.

Boerighter at 10.8? Please tell me that this was an automatic computer selection. He went at 12.11 in our 16 team league. I've heard of jumping up a round or two for your sleeper, but jumping up half a draft is insane.

I noticed that there was no guest analysis for the Boerighter pick. Can we safely assume that it didn't make the cut because it didn't reflect too well on the owner?
I didn't think Boerigter went too early - I was hoping he would fall. The only problem with him is you can't be sure he will start. If you were, he would have gone three rounds earlier. I personally think he is going to surprise people this year and improve on last seasons receptions and yards but probably drop in TDs.

I personally think he is going to surprise people this year and improve on last seasons receptions and yards . . .
I would hope so. He had fewer than 20 yards in 2/3 of the games he played in last year. :o

TC, what are the rules concerning letting the time expire in this draft?
Each owner has 18 hours to make a pick. Once that 18 hours has expired, the next owner has the opportunity to select, and the owner who missed his slot can pick at any time.However at the moment, we're at the end of a round, and O'Leary's 18 hours on 14.12 passed, leaving the next pick to -- that's right -- O'Leary at 15.01. If he doesn't have a pick by 10AM, then the draft will continue (as I have my 15.02 selection in the hopper).

There will be another FAD challenge this year. It will be hosted at my site though - just wanted to let you folks know in case you wanted to play.

There will be another FAD challenge this year. It will be hosted at my site though - just wanted to let you folks know in case you wanted to play.
getting beat by 90% of the guys here last year wasn't enough? ;)Edit to say:I tried out your message board. Apparently I wasn't welcome. :hot: and I thought it was pretty strict over here. Footballguys is to Fantasy Asylum as Las Vegas is to the Vatican. :yes:

Hey TC, could you check everyone's rosters on the last draft page? By my count two teams are missing a player and another is missing two.

getting beat by 90% of the guys here last year wasn't enough? ;)Edit to say:I tried out your message board. Apparently I wasn't welcome. :hot: and I thought it was pretty strict over here. Footballguys is to Fantasy Asylum as Las Vegas is to the Vatican. :D
You just have to register to post. Only two IPs have ever been banned and both of those individuals were warned repeatedly.

In my trade analysis I stated that I felt 5-7 QBs, 1-3 TEs and 6-10 WRs would go before my next pick - I seem to recall someone disagreeing with that assessment, but can't find the post right now.Here is what went - 5 QBs, 2 TEs, 4 WRs and 4 RBs (which I did NOT expect).David felt I had a 25% chance of getting Dunn if I stayed where I was at - I didn't feel 25% was good enough.Bottom line - I am very pleased to have gotten Dunn and still being able to follow up with a QB of Garcia's stature. Also, the most unpredictable of positions is always the WRs. By locking up my starting RBs and QB, I can now concentrate on WRs and there are plenty of them left.
Greg...Can we expect another FanEx challenge this year? It sure was a lot of fun. What would really be interesting is to be able to pick any draft slot and chose from that selection or any made after it.
The contest page is up at Asylum.

Does anyone know if there is going to be a Fan-Ex 2009?

In the past, the analysis draft would be going by now......

Users who are viewing this thread