What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Plans (1 Viewer)

Pretend I can’t follow all these different tiers. What is the option I need to buy for an auction league over Labor Day weekend?

Pretend I can’t follow all these different tiers. What is the option I need to buy for an auction league over Labor Day weekend?

Hi @Nugget. For auction (Salary cap) leagues, you'll want the ELITE subscription.

www.footballguys.com/plans

Thanks for supporting Footballguys and I hope you crush it this year. 

Thanks @rustycolts

One of the interesting things about having a business that's run for for as long as we have is how to handle new things.

We've been doing this 20+ years now. A LOT has changed. Including lots of our customers. Including me.

One of things I think you and other long time customers appreciate is I've fought hard to keep our "Classic" tools alive. I personally use our new Draft Dominator drafting tool and app. 

But I also know tons of people love the Draft Dominator Classic. And the VBD Excel App. And The Projections Dominator.  So I make $40,000+ investment in those tools every single year to keep them going for the folks that love them. 

I know that's not how much of the tech world operates. They make a move and go with the new better thing. We have a significant number of our staff who think I'm not spending the money wisely to keep up the old tools. Things can change of course, but for many years, I've thought it best to keep the old stuff going. 
Tell those staff members they are wrong. FBG was built by a lot of the old timers you are standing up for. My dad always said "Don't forget your roots".  Thanks for looking out for us. 

Tell those staff members they are wrong. FBG was built by a lot of the old timers you are standing up for. My dad always said "Don't forget your roots".  Thanks for looking out for us. 

I sign their checks so in the end, they listen to me... ;)  

The price increase is a shock for me and I may not subscribe for the first time since I discovered the Footballguys site many years ago. I've never used the app or the Draft Dominator and subscribed to FBG solely for the August to January time period. However, my leagues are IDP and Dynasty, so that content was important. So the lowest tier subscription isn't enough, but the ELITE subscription has a lot of elements I'll never use. So it's nearly double the price for me to have an account when I won't use it for half the year. I don't have an issue with FBG offering annual subscriptions for those who use them, but removing the ability to have the account for just half the year is a big problem for me. It also doesn't make sense for me to pay $15 a month for ELITE since that will basically be more than doing it annual. Please reconsider this approach or you'll lose another longtime subscriber and devoted fan.

I’m amazed at the push back about the new price.  I’ve always thought the price was incredibly low, given the content we get.  Always wondered how Joe paid his staff enough to do what they do, let alone make enough for himself.  I’d pay a lot more than what’s being asked currently.  I’m in the minority there though, but to be honest, the price increase is what, the cost of a pizza?  Oh, and that’s not even taking in to account the free message boards, and contests.  I have no idea what anyone else offers, and won’t ever look.  This is my home base for 20 years, and the price is well worth it. 

I’m amazed at the push back about the new price.  I’ve always thought the price was incredibly low, given the content we get.  Always wondered how Joe paid his staff enough to do what they do, let alone make enough for himself.  I’d pay a lot more than what’s being asked currently.  I’m in the minority there though, but to be honest, the price increase is what, the cost of a pizza?  Oh, and that’s not even taking in to account the free message boards, and contests.  I have no idea what anyone else offers, and won’t ever look.  This is my home base for 20 years, and the price is well worth it. 

How can you say what you said while admitting this?

Hard to compare the value you're getting here when you don't even know what anyone else is offering. 

Here is a semi-related question that I've been looking for this week. 

Will there be a MFL discount offered this year again? I've been holding out on renewing my leagues.

On a related note to the question above, are there any discounts available in general for subscriptions? I suspect that I missed the Early Bird one, but is anything else available. Thanks!

The price increase is a shock for me and I may not subscribe for the first time since I discovered the Footballguys site many years ago. I've never used the app or the Draft Dominator and subscribed to FBG solely for the August to January time period. However, my leagues are IDP and Dynasty, so that content was important. So the lowest tier subscription isn't enough, but the ELITE subscription has a lot of elements I'll never use. So it's nearly double the price for me to have an account when I won't use it for half the year. I don't have an issue with FBG offering annual subscriptions for those who use them, but removing the ability to have the account for just half the year is a big problem for me. It also doesn't make sense for me to pay $15 a month for ELITE since that will basically be more than doing it annual. Please reconsider this approach or you'll lose another longtime subscriber and devoted fan.

I feel the exact same way which is tough as I have been a customer for many years. To be honest I feel the content has been going downhill the last few years and doubling the price is the final straw for me.

I feel the exact same way which is tough as I have been a customer for many years. To be honest I feel the content has been going downhill the last few years and doubling the price is the final straw for me.

As always, thanks for the feedback. I disagree completely on the content quality as we feel certain it's been the best it's ever been. Especially this year. And especially if you play in IDP, Salary Cap, Dynasty or Best Ball leagues.

But for every business, the customer gets to decide. That's just how it works. I hope you'll stay with us but fully understand if not. And if you don't, our plan is to keep the forums free so you're welcome receive information and value from the Shark Pool Forum which is a great resource. (Even if it's only possible because people do buy the Premium Subscriptions). Regardless of what you decide, thanks for your business in the past and I hope you have an awesome year.

As always, thanks for the feedback. I disagree completely on the content quality as we feel certain it's been the best it's ever been. Especially this year. And especially if you play in IDP, Salary Cap, Dynasty or Best Ball leagues.

But for every business, the customer gets to decide. That's just how it works. I hope you'll stay with us but fully understand if not. And if you don't, our plan is to keep the forums free so you're welcome receive information and value from the Shark Pool Forum which is a great resource. (Even if it's only possible because people do buy the Premium Subscriptions). Regardless of what you decide, thanks for your business in the past and I hope you have an awesome year.
Thanks Joe. I did decide to purchase a subscription because the content is still top-notch (I don't agree with that comment). I'm still feeling a bit of sticker shock, but I'm going to stick with it and really try to use all the tools this year even more given the higher cost.

Thanks Joe. I did decide to purchase a subscription because the content is still top-notch (I don't agree with that comment). I'm still feeling a bit of sticker shock, but I'm going to stick with it and really try to use all the tools this year even more given the higher cost.

Thank you @heaton76 We'll do everything we can to make sure we deliver a great value for you. Thank you. It's also folks like you that make this forum possible.

If I purchase the draft dominator upgrade using my wife's phone can I use it on my phone? Is it tied to the device it's purchased on or the account? She has credit to her play store account so I figured I would do the upgrade on her phone

If I purchase the draft dominator upgrade using my wife's phone can I use it on my phone? Is it tied to the device it's purchased on or the account? She has credit to her play store account so I figured I would do the upgrade on her phone

Yes. you can. That's another advantage over how we did it in years past. In past years, you bought the app and it was tied to that device. Now what you're effectively buying is a Footballguys Premium subscription that allows you to take the free mobile app you download on a device, log in with your subscription, and unlock the app fully. It's much better this way.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond. It boils down to paying for features that I don’t use vs having he ability to add them a La carte like past years. I understand that you are running a business and need to figure out the right model to cover your cost and still be attractive to your subscribers. I will stay on this board and see what happens with the packages next year.

For a customer that plays regular offensive redraft that paid $39.95 last year that same content is now $47.88. Sure, they now get the Mobile apps thrown in, but I'm curious as to how many of them paid extra for the mobile apps anyway. My hunch is a relatively small amount. This is the equivalent of your local cable company adding some additional channels that you would never watch anyway and then raising prices because they added more "value" in those channels.
i'm not on one side or the other on this, it's an unfortunate reality. but want to clarify something here at a practical level and I think i read this right. The 47.88 is the annual price, the monthly is 3.99. one of the changes noted by Joe on this page is that the annual sub is truly full year now. until last year in-season subscriber contents started roughly mid July and ended ahead of the Superbowl. That's 8 months. Simple math says 8 x 3.99 is roughly $32, less than the annual sub last year. Not accounting for some of the shifts to the elite tier like auction, which frankly is not good content anyway, that looks like a discount on basic content plus the apps. i'm not crazy about tiering subs and some of the changes, but at the least for basic league info it looks okay.
You're saying folks can pay $3.99 right now for this month or to get them thru early Sept, maybe they keep it another month or two and then you can turn it off and you mostly have access to everything in the base subscription? $3.99 a month, seriously?

That's incredible if true.

For a customer that plays regular offensive redraft that paid $39.95 last year that same content is now $47.88. Sure, they now get the Mobile apps thrown in, but I'm curious as to how many of them paid extra for the mobile apps anyway. My hunch is a relatively small amount. This is the equivalent of your local cable company adding some additional channels that you would never watch anyway and then raising prices because they added more "value" in those channels.
i'm not on one side or the other on this, it's an unfortunate reality. but want to clarify something here at a practical level and I think i read this right. The 47.88 is the annual price, the monthly is 3.99. one of the changes noted by Joe on this page is that the annual sub is truly full year now. until last year in-season subscriber contents started roughly mid July and ended ahead of the Superbowl. That's 8 months. Simple math says 8 x 3.99 is roughly $32, less than the annual sub last year. Not accounting for some of the shifts to the elite tier like auction, which frankly is not good content anyway, that looks like a discount on basic content plus the apps. i'm not crazy about tiering subs and some of the changes, but at the least for basic league info it looks okay.
You're saying folks can pay $3.99 right now for this month or to get them thru early Sept, maybe they keep it another month or two and then you can turn it off and you mostly have access to everything in the base subscription? $3.99 a month, seriously?

That's incredible if true.
It’s $9.99 monthly.

$3.99 is the monthly cost when billed annually. $47.88/12.

I just want to throw in my $0.02 that I was surprised at the price increase. But more than the price increase, I was shocked at the stripping of content.

I play in a couple of leagues, one auction, and to have the auction draft pushed into the higher tier... I just really don't think it's worth it. I'm effectively paying $22 extra dollars for that algorithm and (mostly) regurgitated auction draft articles.

Given that auction drafts are only different during the draft, that doesn't make sense. What also frustrates is that it was content I had last year but have now lost. I'm not paying for an increase in value, I'm paying 58% more than I did last year for the same content. Yes, technically IDP and Best Ball and whatever are included, but I don't use that content. The DFS / Season long fantasy split made sense. As a user, this does not.

I appreciate the work the FBG team has done. But I've requested a refund for this year as I cannot justify the price. I also find the presentation a little deceptive, acting like throwing in mobile apps (which I don't use) is somehow saving me money.

edit: I did try poking around in Draft Dominator to see if there were any changes (at least that affected me). The UX was horrible as a non-Elite auction user because every time I changed a setting or it would pop-up urging me to use "optimized rankings". I'm unclear if you're not able to use auction drafts at all with the Pro subscription (irrespective of using FBG "optimized" rankings), that seems to be the intent.

Last edited:
I just want to throw in my $0.02 that I was surprised at the price increase. But more than the price increase, I was shocked at the stripping of content.

I play in a couple of leagues, one auction, and to have the auction draft pushed into the higher tier... I just really don't think it's worth it. I'm effectively paying $22 extra dollars for that algorithm and (mostly) regurgitated auction draft articles.

Given that auction drafts are only different during the draft, that doesn't make sense. What also frustrates is that it was content I had last year but have now lost. I'm not paying for an increase in value, I'm paying 58% more than I did last year for the same content. Yes, technically IDP and Best Ball and whatever are included, but I don't use that content. The DFS / Season long fantasy split made sense. As a user, this does not.

I appreciate the work the FBG team has done. But I've requested a refund for this year as I cannot justify the price. I also find the presentation a little deceptive, acting like throwing in mobile apps (which I don't use) is somehow saving me money.

edit: I did try poking around in Draft Dominator to see if there were any changes (at least that affected me). The UX was horrible as a non-Elite auction user because every time I changed a setting or it would pop-up urging me to use "optimized rankings". I'm unclear if you're not able to use auction drafts at all with the Pro subscription (irrespective of using FBG "optimized" rankings), that seems to be the intent.
This is good stuff.

The auction articles do appear to be 100% regurgitated. Nothing groundbreaking or even new. Certainly not worth the extra costs.

With all do respect, I feel the content, as a whole, has been on the decline since David left. When I found that out (was it last year or the year before) I almost walked away. Perhaps I should have.
I have been with this website since the cheetsheet days, but maybe it's time to explore the other content that is out there.

I also find the Draft Dominator and League Dominator lackluster. Maybe I am a dinosaur, but just give me the old fashion weekly rankings that I can sort by league. And I still used the VBD spreadsheet for my drafts. It just works. Nothing fancy.

This is what cost any shot at me re-subscribing. I used to live on these forums and spent a ton of time doing my own work but that's not nearly so viable as life progresses. Bundling in services I don't want and then using that to justify the price increase is bad business. It's 2022, I can't believe there's not an ala-carte option to select what you want. I could code that in about 2 hours. $20 base, +X for IDP, +Y for dynasy, +Z for DD, etc etc etc.

This is what cost any shot at me re-subscribing. I used to live on these forums and spent a ton of time doing my own work but that's not nearly so viable as life progresses. Bundling in services I don't want and then using that to justify the price increase is bad business. It's 2022, I can't believe there's not an ala-carte option to select what you want. I could code that in about 2 hours. $20 base, +X for IDP, +Y for dynasy, +Z for DD, etc etc etc.
This is why I dropped my subscriptions after having been here since old yellow. Ala crate would likely get me back fwiw

Given that auction drafts are only different during the draft, that doesn't make sense.
I said this at the beginning - Redraft and Auction are exactly the same once the season starts and its a simple formula to create auction values from their redraft projections. No real explanation was given because I suspect, there is no legitimate reason for Auction not to be on the basic tier with redraft.

I'm not trying to stir up trouble - but merely stating an opinion that the decision seems odd.

This is why I dropped my subscriptions after having been here since old yellow. Ala crate would likely get me back fwiw
I would as well,

I said this at the beginning - Redraft and Auction are exactly the same once the season starts and its a simple formula to create auction values from their redraft projections. No real explanation was given because I suspect, there is no legitimate reason for Auction not to be on the basic tier with redraft.

I thought I gave the explanation clearly but maybe I did not. Salary cap requires significant investement in behind the scenes tech to accomodate the algorithms in programming to calculate dollar values and include in other areas of our tools. And because we believe in paying our staff what I think is fairly, adding significantly to the Salary Cap content, as has been noted here, is a cost. It's an advanced way to play the game and we felt fit in line with the other segments of IDP, Best Ball and Dynasty. We fully understand others may disagree with us. But I think we've been clear in explaining why we think it.

Last edited:
Is there a league / lineup dominator app for Android?

The League Dominator app for Apple is in the app store and Google is currently holding the Android version. We're hopeful but we're not certain they'll approve it. In the meantime, we updated the League Dominator online to make it fully functional on mobile devices on your phone's mobile browser. Especially google chrome for mobile. You can use it there until Google approves the League Dominator app.

It's 2022, I can't believe there's not an ala-carte option to select what you want. I could code that in about 2 hours. $20 base, +X for IDP, +Y for dynasy, +Z for DD, etc etc etc.

Thanks for the feedback @Hankmoody. Not allowing a la cart and having a huge menu of different options isn't a technological issue. As you said, coding for that would not be difficult.

We chose to consolidate the offerings as many businesses do in 2022 with a "Good, Better, Best" type offering where each upgrade included all the content from the previous level. It's how most of our competitors offer their subscriptions.

We thought and fought long and hard about this as we knew there would be people who disliked whatever we came up with. I certainly never have claimed to have the perfect answer on things. And this is no different. We made what I feel is the best choice for how we're able to operate our business and pay our people. I've no idea if it's the right way. The public and customers make that decision. I do feel good though that we did the work to make what we feel is our best honest call for what is offered at what price.

With the 12 months of a PRO Level being the cost of a casual dinner date for two ($47.88) and the ELITE being the cost of a casual dinner date for two plus a couple of drinks ($69.48), we feel we offer excellent value for people who're really into Fantasy Football. But that again is for the customer to decide.

Whichever way you choose, I hope you have a fantastic 2022 in fantasy football.

Here's my perspective, I've been using FBG for many years and every year I'm on the fence about whether it's worth it. This year was the toughest since it seemed higher priced and frankly I'm only in one $50 league and am kind of growing to resent how inundated my social media is with content all year. Everyone seems to be an expert these days and I don't care as much.

However I like the email info during the season so I don't have to search for info on my players and I like the contest even though the furthest I have ever made it is week 11 before elimination. I liked the playoff contest too

I liked in the past when I could do a multiyear subscription so I wouldn't be confronted with the cost/benefit analysis every year. And I would very much rather the APP be a separate line item purchase because I certainly can wait till I get home to review football info. and If I didn't have to pay for that, I would be much happier and less likely to contemplate re-joining every year.

I like the content and honestly I should take advantage of the early bird stuff but I'm just not ready to make a decision at that point. I use the league dominator but just as a check really - I don't always make changes on the places it differs from my set up.

I use the forum a little bit. I use the draft stuff too but I don't know if I get an edge from it anymore, but rather to just kind of keep up now.

And when I read about the "Free subscribers contest", My first thought is that it isn't really free if that's the primary reason I still pay for a subscription anymore.

Those are my random rambling thoughts

My leagues are basically redraft, but the 5 second primer thinks they have IDP or dynasty

this is confusing
Same thing here. Is my league "dynasty" because it has two keepers per team? Why am I being asked to pay roughly 50% more than my existing Pro fees to support League Dominator for what is essentially a redraft league?

My leagues are basically redraft, but the 5 second primer thinks they have IDP or dynasty

this is confusing

Can you please try to synch them again with the League Dominator Online? We had a glitch where it was synching to a league where you'd already drafted and seeing the drafted players as if they'd been carried over as dynasty and that was throwing it off. We are releasing a new version today for League Dominator online that should be ready now.

And pushing new versions to the App Store that hopefully will be ready when they approve.

Same thing here. Is my league "dynasty" because it has two keepers per team? Why am I being asked to pay roughly 50% more than my existing Pro fees to support League Dominator for what is essentially a redraft league?

No. Keepers are part of the PRO level subscription.

Can you please try to synch them again with the League Dominator Online? We had a glitch where it was synching to a league where you'd already drafted and seeing the drafted players as if they'd been carried over as dynasty and that was throwing it off. We are releasing a new version today for League Dominator online that should be ready now.

And pushing new versions to the App Store that hopefully will be ready when they approve.

Those are my random rambling thoughts

Thanks for this feedback.

On the "Free" subscriber contest, we've tried to take your input to heart and not talk about it that way. We talk about the Subscriber contest and every Premium Subscriber gets one entry. We sent a big email about it and I was careful to speak of it that way.

this is confusing

Working now

Thanks!

No. Keepers are part of the PRO level subscription.

It's fixed. Thanks!

Also, thanks to folks here for being cool as we fixed our glitch in the League Dominator where it was showing up as people needed the ELITE level even when they didn't have Dynasty.

We figured out what it was. Teams were being imported in the League Dominator wasn't catching properly that this team had been drafted and not carried over with dynasty. It was seeing the roster and assuming dynasty for some users. That's why it was then saying you needed the ELITE level for Dynasty. It was super confusing for people. Of course, with something obvious like that we got it fixed quickly.

Thanks for being cool.

The normal emails I got on it were more like this one,

"Will never recommend your website or service again. I paid your higher price this year for the same subscription I have had for years and. One matchup dominator and all similar services require me to pay an additional fee one month after I just paid…. Telling me I’m in a dynasty league or IDP league…. I got sucker punched! During first week of the season too. Pretty damn shady. I’ll find a way to get this out. BBB isn’t used as much now but they have some new tools to help other customers not get suckered by your expensive service that didn’t even last three weeks. I either want my $50 back or you to find a fix, or I’ll be spending all the time I used to doing fantasy football making sure I find a way to save people from your shady service "

Sigh. It's part of doing business.

I refunded his subscription in full and he replied back:

I made my purchase and so did all of my friends within the last 30 days. You changed your pricing within that time range. That is not acceptable and while you have refunded my subscription, your other customers need to be aware and our league is taking that on as our goal for this season as you screwed us all over. We can not stand by while other customers get treated the same way. WE are fighters for the small guy, and while our business doesn't matter to you, we will find a way to reach the masses. I'm sure you understand, as you would not want to purchase something with a promise and then the price is changed after you have already purchased the service with a promise of a year.

No idea on what he means about changing the price. We've had the same pricing since May. Oh well.

I’m amazed at the push back about the new price. I’ve always thought the price was incredibly low, given the content we get. Always wondered how Joe paid his staff enough to do what they do, let alone make enough for himself. I’d pay a lot more than what’s being asked currently. I’m in the minority there though, but to be honest, the price increase is what, the cost of a pizza? Oh, and that’s not even taking in to account the free message boards, and contests. I have no idea what anyone else offers, and won’t ever look. This is my home base for 20 years, and the price is well worth it.

Thank you GB.

It all comes down to value for the individual person. And whether the value one receives from the product exceeds what it costs. That's the same mechanism for buying a pizza, a bottle of whiskey or a car.

And in a free market, the consumer rules. They determine what's a worthwhile value for them.

Thank you for the kind words. Our job is to continue doing all we can to keep that balance of value to cost on the positive side for enough people.

And when I read about the "Free subscribers contest", My first thought is that it isn't really free if that's the primary reason I still pay for a subscription anymore.

It's one of the biggest reasons why I subscribe.

Just as an fyi for those doing cost/benefit analysis.

1. Joe threw in another potential $25,000 into the contest kitty. Anyone posting their roster in the message board contest thread by Monday had a shot at $100 if they finished in the top 250. That window is now closed.

2. Joe is selecting one subscriber to co-own a high stakes team with him and keep the winnings. This is a $2000+ value.

Users who are viewing this thread