What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Spotify Playlist Thread (1 Viewer)

Reginald Cornsilks

Footballguy
We talked about doing this in the last Spotify thread.

Create or post a playlist you've created in the following format and I'll keep the OP updated:

Genre of Music / Number of Songs / Any notes (spotlight a few artists maybe)

URL Link:

To find the URL link (right click on the playlist and select "Copy URL Link"

FBG Spotify Playlists:

Reginald Cornsilks / Mostly Old School R&B and Slow Jams / 439 Songs / 60's-2010's R&B and Slow Jams

URL Link: RCSilks Mostly Old School R&B + Slow Jams

Reginald Cornsilks / Under-rated Hip Hop / 66 Songs / Hip Hop you won't hear on the radio

URL Link: RCSilks Under-rated Hip Hop

Reginald Cornsilks / Get Swoll Rap Mix / 98 Songs / Rap Music to work out to - hard beats and hard lyrics only

URL Link: Get Swoll Rap Mix

Reginald Cornsilks and mquinnjr (a FFA Wagering Thread Collaboration) / Music from my High School Years 1996-2000 / 308 Songs (and growing) / Everything, from the pop to the rock

URL Link: High School 1996-2000

dal_boys_phan / My Country Playlist / 96 Songs (and counting) / Primarily 2012 and later country music singles from T. Keith, K. Urban, B. Paisley, J. Aldean, L. Bryan

URL Link: http://open.spotify....8qS48DdLfpsWQoT

Usual21 / 90's Hip Hop / 299 Songs / Mostly East Coast 90's Hip Hop

URL Link: 90's Hip Hop

Last edited by a moderator:
For the spotify semi-illiterate:

-- how do I convert an itunes playlist to a spotify one?

--Will it grab stufff from my "library" and is that shareable from a technical and/or coppyright perspective?

--Can you set a preference to grab the spotify version of a song instead of my local copy?

It might have been me who asked, lol. Sorry RC. I have been playing the hell out of your 90's R&B playlist though. I made a 90's Hip-Hop one. I'll link to it when I get home.

Putting together a high school (mine) years playlist 1996-2000

Any genre is fine...

I made it collaborative so anyone who follows can add music to it.

Any FBG's that want to get in on the nostalgia - feel free:

High School 1996-2000

For the spotify semi-illiterate:

-- how do I convert an itunes playlist to a spotify one?

--Will it grab stufff from my "library" and is that shareable from a technical and/or coppyright perspective?

--Can you set a preference to grab the spotify version of a song instead of my local copy?
I believe that when you start up Spotify app on Windows for the first time, it will allow you to import them. I also believe that when you update them, the next time you open Spotify that will register as well.

Here is a link that I found about it http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-manage-spotify-and-itunes-playlists.html

Reginald Cornsilks said:
Putting together a high school (mine) years playlist 1996-2000

Any genre is fine...

I made it collaborative so anyone who follows can add music to it.

Any FBG's that want to get in on the nostalgia - feel free:

High School 1996-2000
Graduated HS in 2002 - on it!

OK, I'm through the letter B on my iTunes Match list. I will do some yeomen's work on this list, my new project until we're through Z.

Great call and thanks for opening this up, RC!

OK, I'm through the letter B on my iTunes Match list. I will do some yeomen's work on this list, my new project until we're through Z.

Great call and thanks for opening this up, RC!
Nice work. Make sure you double check the songs were out in 96-2000. I already have a 1990-1995 playlist/ :lol:

Scoured to make sure I stayed within the 1996-2000 cut off range. We're through the G's. Making progress, RC!

Did some work on the High School playlist tonight. Through the Q's, RC. One more long session and I'll hopefully complete this bad boy with what I got. So far, I got pretty much every genre I listened to during that time, all over the place. Should be more stuff that you'd recognize, and a few deeper tracks that I just liked/listened to alot. Almost there, will do an editing session once I'm one pass through to clip/add any misses.

Did some work on the High School playlist tonight. Through the Q's, RC. One more long session and I'll hopefully complete this bad boy with what I got. So far, I got pretty much every genre I listened to during that time, all over the place. Should be more stuff that you'd recognize, and a few deeper tracks that I just liked/listened to alot. Almost there, will do an editing session once I'm one pass through to clip/add any misses.
Great work with "Malibu" by Hole.

Completely forgotten about that song and love it.

Added "Canned Heat" by Jamoriquai as well.

:thumbup:

This playlist is going to be :moneybag: by the time we finish it up. Having a great time putting it together, really takes me back.

This playlist is going to be by the time we finish it up. Having a great time putting it together, really takes me back.
RC, I have finished my work on this glorious time piece spanning 308 hand-picked, glorious selections to encapsulate the 1996-2000 era.

What a trip back in time. GB, and hope you like what I contributed. Feel free to prune as you see fit, and Happy Memorial Day - Go America!

:banned:

This playlist is going to be by the time we finish it up. Having a great time putting it together, really takes me back.
RC, I have finished my work on this glorious time piece spanning 308 hand-picked, glorious selections to encapsulate the 1996-2000 era.

What a trip back in time. GB, and hope you like what I contributed. Feel free to prune as you see fit, and Happy Memorial Day - Go America!
Nice pull on Stabbing Westward. Forgot about their 2 hits.

Only things I pared were things that came out before 96. Nice work

Great playlists. Added a few to the 1996-2000 list. Wish we could do more FBG community playlists. I would get some started, but haven't figured out how do it from my phone.

Anybody else got anything?? Burned through these pretty quick

This is a Vegas playlist I put together last year. Progression from getting fired up to Vegas atmosphere to gambling. 12 songs of mixed genres - Shaggy to Elvis to Frank to Richard Cheese et al.

Vegas, Baby!

OK, so I jumped back to 1985. Here's my version of a "best of" - one song per artist, released that year (looking back there were a lot of songs that charted that year where the album was actually released in 1984).

I was going to include "We Are the World" but it is not available on Spotify (unless you count karaoke backing tracks).

Same goes for "Artists United Against Apartheid"

Neither is Kate Bush. :kicksrock:

Phil Collins is, but Mike + the Mechanics aren't :sadbanana:

So, what did I miss?

1985 - Criminally vulgar

not sure if this is the thread to ask for it or not, but we're hosting a party next saturday from 4-7pm. there will be booze involved, about 40 people total; majority b/w 25-35, with a handfull of folks b/w 35-55ish. Will be a mix of friends, work people, and we dont know everyone (hosting it at our house for a friend); so trying to find a good playlist but stuck on what to search for.

If i cant find anything, ill just sift through the best of the 80s, 90s, 00s playlists and grab the best ones from there.

thoughts?

not sure if this is the thread to ask for it or not, but we're hosting a party next saturday from 4-7pm. there will be booze involved, about 40 people total; majority b/w 25-35, with a handfull of folks b/w 35-55ish. Will be a mix of friends, work people, and we dont know everyone (hosting it at our house for a friend); so trying to find a good playlist but stuck on what to search for.

If i cant find anything, ill just sift through the best of the 80s, 90s, 00s playlists and grab the best ones from there.

thoughts?
I've got a playlist for every year if you want to skim through those

thoughts?
Saw that GB :thumbup:

thoughts?
Link?

thoughts?
Link?
Here's 2013 and you should be able to browse the rest of my crap from there..

thoughts?
Link?
Thanks! In the same boat, hosting a party in a couple of weekends. End of summer/beginning of football season party. Sports themed. Work people, friends, pretty even male/female, aged from 30-55 ish. 30 or so, plus alcohol. Outdoor games (cornhole/bocce), indoor games (wii sports, pinball), pre-season football on the TV. Gonna take a look at the great stuff in this thread. Any other playlists & suggestions welcomed.

:blackdot:

Spotify prem. guy here. Love the app. Site has changed my life musically. So much goodness :thumbup:

thoughts?
Link?
Thanks! In the same boat, hosting a party in a couple of weekends. End of summer/beginning of football season party. Sports themed. Work people, friends, pretty even male/female, aged from 30-55 ish. 30 or so, plus alcohol. Outdoor games (cornhole/bocce), indoor games (wii sports, pinball), pre-season football on the TV. Gonna take a look at the great stuff in this thread. Any other playlists & suggestions welcomed.

:blackdot:
I would share my link...but I really don't like username out in the public domain like this. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.

What I did do was start with some of these lists: http://gizmodo.com/these-are-the-25-most-popular-spotify-playlists-510275721 into my account and chose songs from there to make my party playlist.

Updated playlists. Have worked back through 1992 and the worst year - by far - is 1999.

Sorry '90s kids, it happened. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread