What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Malaise "vs." reading comprehension ; also some talk of skyim and the elder scrolls (1 Viewer)

I encountered a skeletal female draugr. It was wearing a tunic. It had boobs.

Ponder that one, if you will.

So I'm in the middle of my College quests (I can't seem to get back to the main quest until I finish this thing. It better be worth it with me getting some great swag) and I find myself faced with a metallic wheelie robot dude. I try everything to beat him for close to a half hour. Couldn't do it.

What finally worked

Sprinting by him
:inserttheheadbangingagainstwallemoticon:

For PC players - came across this mod on my travels.

Large Address Aware patch

Like previous Bethesda games, Skyrim doesn’t use more than 2gb of RAM, regardless of how much you actually have. Using a large address aware patch will fix that, allowing Skyrim to make full use of your system’s abilities. Simply follow the tutorial here . It won’t automatically make your screenshots look as good as Dead End Thrills , but it’s a start.

Edited to add the link.....

My link

Last edited by a moderator:
YOu know what they need to patch. The fact that you cant unpin a destination. I know people have said they can in here but I cant

a few random things:- I was underwhelmed by the first dragon encounter. For me, it occurred at night. It was hard to see the dragon and the NPCs ended up doing most of the work.- Giants are surprisingly fast and determined. I had one chase me for MILES and MILES. Every time I thought I had lost him, I'd look and see him following 100 yards back.- The Dark Brotherhood came after me. A note said someone put a hit out on me. Is this quest related? I've only killed on person (on accident). Did his wife put the hit out on me?- I think I killed the guy that runs the lumber mill in that beginner town - see above (Woodwhatever) -

You run fast as #### as a WW and your stamina bar lasts forever. Very useful in a variety of situations.
Was it the Dark Brotherhood, or just some thug hired to mess with you?I had a hit placed on me too for killing a high level necromancer boss. But the "assassin" was a total wimp and after offing him I haven't heard anything since. If it was the Dark Brotherhood, I'd expect a never ending string of assassins. They don't give up after one try.It was the Dark Brotherhood, per the note. He was a wimp though.

:cry: My bow is gone. :cry:
can you not save game?
LOL. I'm being melodramatic. It was an awesome bow, but life goes on. Plus, I can just get it again with one of my other characters.I'm just saying, watch out for enemies who disarm you. Apparently the stuff doesn't disappear, but the weapons can clip into the ground as they're skittering across the floor.
that's an awesome twist (sorta. Thoprawishes smoo bow)

YOu know what they need to patch. The fact that you cant unpin a destination. I know people have said they can in here but I cant
? Are you talking about when you make your own map marker? What system?
yes PS3
So you have a blue marker on the map and you've clicked on 'set destination' on an empty area and when it comes up with the 'move it', 'leave it' or 'remove it' and you select 'remove' nothing happens?Weird.

yes PS3
So you have a blue marker on the map and you've clicked on 'set destination' on an empty area and when it comes up with the 'move it', 'leave it' or 'remove it' and you select 'remove' nothing happens?Weird.
Ive never tried to click on an empty spot. That might explain it. Ill try later

Another power I like lately is the one that shows me the way to the next goal. I have gotten myself turned around in dungeons and mountains. This magic is awesome.

I was walking along minding my own business when I came upon a giant and his pet wooly mammoth. This game is great

yes PS3
This definitely works.

Another power I like lately is the one that shows me the way to the next goal. I have gotten myself turned around in dungeons and mountains. This magic is awesome.I was walking along minding my own business when I came upon a giant and his pet wooly mammoth. This game is great
Clairvoyance. An illusionist spell, I think. Good stuff. I use it when I get lost on mountains.

ok so this game looks amazing. im not usually an rpg guy but i think i have to get this game. im currently playing batman and will also be getting uncharted 3. where the heck do you guys find all the time? i think i need to start dedicating nights for video games instead of watching sports or tv shows

Another power I like lately is the one that shows me the way to the next goal. I have gotten myself turned around in dungeons and mountains. This magic is awesome.I was walking along minding my own business when I came upon a giant and his pet wooly mammoth. This game is great
Clairvoyance. An illusionist spell, I think. Good stuff. I use it when I get lost on mountains.
But how does it know what your next goal is? What if you're like me and you have *all* of your quests selected?

But how does it know what your next goal is? What if you're like me and you have *all* of your quests selected?
It's clairvoyant. Duh.

Another power I like lately is the one that shows me the way to the next goal. I have gotten myself turned around in dungeons and mountains. This magic is awesome.

I was walking along minding my own business when I came upon a giant and his pet wooly mammoth. This game is great
It's clairvoyant. Duh.
Yea, it's magic.

Smoo

Toggle what you want to do next. If you have a bunch checked off, it goes to the closest I think.

Finally got smithing to 100 after spending waaaay too much time mining and making daggers. The set of dragon plate armor is pretty sweet though. :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:

It's clairvoyant. Duh.
Yea, it's magic.
:lmao:

do i have to learn smithing to get bad ### armor or will i eventually just be able to take it off some dead guy?

what about enchantment, can i pay someone to enchant or do i have to learn the skill?

do i have to learn smithing to get bad ### armor or will i eventually just be able to take it off some dead guy?what about enchantment, can i pay someone to enchant or do i have to learn the skill?
No on enchantment. And I'm sure there is awesome quest armor out in one of the dungeons somewhere but I have yet to find it. I was getting owned on some of the companion quests and just decided it was worth it to invest in making some awesome gear. It's made a huge difference - I'm mowing through bad guys now.

yes PS3
This definitely works.
I'm on 360 and I had this problem -- I think I see what they did. It's a not-great design. So, assume I'm in the map and I want to go to the town of Flugufrelsarinn. If I do NOT have any quests active, regardless if I have a marker currently set or not -- I see the town name of Flugufrelsarinn, I can select it and I have the option to place custom marker. But, if I have a quest active in which I need to go the town of Flugufrelsarinn to ask Gunnarsson to craft the superior assplug of demolition, I go to Flugufrelsarinn on the map and the dual-layer of the info of the active quest and the town name sort of overlap each other. If you have the cursor anywhere in the little area of text of "ask Gunnarsson to craft the superior assplug of demolition" instead of where it just says "Flugufrelsarinn", you don't have any options regarding moving or placing a custom marker.

ok, I'm pretty much going to have to get this. may wait to get it used. Wallet is hurting from buying crap for the new house.

yes PS3
This definitely works.
I'm on 360 and I had this problem -- I think I see what they did. It's a not-great design. So, assume I'm in the map and I want to go to the town of Flugufrelsarinn. If I do NOT have any quests active, regardless if I have a marker currently set or not -- I see the town name of Flugufrelsarinn, I can select it and I have the option to place custom marker. But, if I have a quest active in which I need to go the town of Flugufrelsarinn to ask Gunnarsson to craft the superior assplug of demolition, I go to Flugufrelsarinn on the map and the dual-layer of the info of the active quest and the town name sort of overlap each other. If you have the cursor anywhere in the little area of text of "ask Gunnarsson to craft the superior assplug of demolition" instead of where it just says "Flugufrelsarinn", you don't have any options regarding moving or placing a custom marker.
If you only keep one quest active, there is no need to ever use a custom marker. The only time I ever use a custom marker is to make my house or some other spot I want to find again but isn't easily visible or memorable.

yes PS3
This definitely works.
If you only keep one quest active, there is no need to ever use a custom marker. The only time I ever use a custom marker is to make my house or some other spot I want to find again but isn't easily visible or memorable.
I use it to remember certain spots to go back to or go explore, for one reason or another.

If you only keep one quest active, there is no need to ever use a custom marker.
I try to only keep one active, but more than once I realized after hiking 10 minutes through the woods that I have 2 active quests and I'm going the wrong way. I just prefer to post the active marker so I know for a fact that when I'm headed for the blue marker that I'm not accidentally listening to my GPS and turning left into a lake.

If you only keep one quest active, there is no need to ever use a custom marker.
I try to only keep one active, but more than once I realized after hiking 10 minutes through the woods that I have 2 active quests and I'm going the wrong way. I just prefer to post the active marker so I know for a fact that when I'm headed for the blue marker that I'm not accidentally listening to my GPS and turning left into a lake.
Yea, their quest markers/GPS system has always been a little off or glitchy.

Walking along and come upon a Mammoth fighting wolves and crabs, follow him around watching his rampage, snagging the meat and pelts and my first dragon shows up... me and the mammoth whooped that ###(the mammoth whooped that ### while I hid and threw arrows at him :mellow: )

Where can I get a wood axe? I'm only a level 3 and tried to kill the shopkeepers assistant, but everytime I do guards stream and whoop my ###.

Where can I get a wood axe? I'm only a level 3 and tried to kill the shopkeepers assistant, but everytime I do guards stream and whoop my ###.
Hmm... can't point you to any specific merchant, but they're lying about in a lot of camps. I would just check around with merchants -- it's a 5GP item and not rare at all.

Users who are viewing this thread