What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Houston at New England (1 Viewer)

going against the pats D...  great to get the week going at 0-2 with a thursday night shutout

How do you get shutout against a 3rd string QB who should be working at Marshalls with Hopkins, Fuller and Miller?  

Wasn't Elway the guy that  brought him in?
Yes.  Was a great back up in case we needed it.

We all knew that if Brock stayed, though, that it wasn't going to be "break the bank" money, and it would be an open competition in camp.  They've liked Siemian since they signed him, which is why they kept him around.

Brissett may have just made Jimmy G. expendable
I think if something happened to Brady, I would not want Brissett as my QB for the rest of the year.  He may have looked fine managing the game tonight but eventually they would have to play against a team that isn't completely inept.

Fair catch inside the 5, gotta love it. You suck Texans, pathetic pathetic pathetic. Didn't think I would see anything worse than rams on opening night but we did. There are are some really bad teams this year, and we saw one tonight...oof

I think if something happened to Brady, I would not want Brissett as my QB for the rest of the year.  He may have looked fine managing the game tonight but eventually they would have to play against a team that isn't completely inept.
Agree but given the circumstance that this kid was facing, short week, thrown into the fire v. MIA and tonight...imagine how good he could be a year from now?  Jimmy is obviously better at this stage but NE definitely has trade options.

Yeah.  Weren't there 2 fumbled kicks that turned into 2 TDs in the first half?  Not sure this was a QB clinic tonight on either side of the ball.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a fundamentally sound effort by the Pats...BB is as good as there ever has been...no Brady/Jimmy G/Gronk/Lewis/Volmer/Hightower/Ninkovich and they still dominated...

*Jamie Collins was the best player on the field tonight...

*Scarnecchia effect taking place on the O-line...

*Trey Flowers is legit...

*Chris Long brings so much energy to this team...love him...

*If Gronk and Bennett ever play together with Brady it's going to be ridiculous...

*The Pats got Patrick Chung off the scrap heap and have turned him into a play-maker...one of the more under-rated players on this team...

*Billy O'Brien was totally clueless tonight...no idea what he was thinking...

*Lamar Miller is nothing special...good RB but not sure you need to pay big money for that...

*Did JJ Watt even play tonight?

Agree but given the circumstance that this kid was facing, short week, thrown into the fire v. MIA and tonight...imagine how good he could be a year from now?  Jimmy is obviously better at this stage but NE definitely has trade options.
I honestly have no clue how good he could be.  Nothing was really showcased tonight.  They played a completely pathetic team.  A couple of turnovers put them in good field position and Blount also had a good game. :shrug:   

this is the 1st time Houston has been shut out since......3 games ago. just a bad team that was massively overrated coming into this one

*Lamar Miller is nothing special...good RB but not sure you need to pay big money for that...
I've seen a lot of Miller over the years. I think he's a terrific RB.

Texans OL and Pats D probably had a lot to do with Miller's struggles. 

And in a 27-0 shutout Miller still had a ~100 APY day. 

I'm not a Miller owner this year, but the Texans were smart to pick him up. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a lot of Miller over the years. I think he's a terrific RB.

Texans OL and Pats D probably had a lot to do with Miller's struggles. 

And in a 27-0 shutout Miller still had a ~100 APY day. 

I'm not a Miller owner this year, but the Texans were smart to pick him up. 
I have to since he was in the AFC East...he is good...not terrific...I think you can use that money better...

Good lord who is the OC in Houston?  Running the same exact run play up the centers butt over and over and over.  Tecmo Bowl has more run plays.

Users who are viewing this thread