What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many teams have different Head Coaches in '06 (1 Viewer)

How many NFL teams will have a different head coach in '06?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

GRIDIRON ASSASSIN

Footballguy
I think there's gonna be some NFL Head Coaches getting whacked or resigning in LARGE ORDER!I say AT LEAST a half dozen coaches will start the '06 season that didn't start the '05 season, with three certainties already: Martz, Tice and CapersI'm voting for EIGHT.

I think Haslet, Norv Turner, Sherman and Mariucci are gone too. If Seattle somehow doesn't make the playoffs this year, Holmgren will resign. Gruden has one more year in Tampa, as does Mularky in Buffalo.

I think there's gonna be some NFL Head Coaches getting whacked or resigning in LARGE ORDER!

I say AT LEAST a half dozen coaches will start the '06 season that didn't start the '05 season, with three certainties already:  Martz, Tice and Capers

I'm voting for EIGHT.
I stand by 25% of the coaches changing.1 down, 7 to go....

Martz, Billick, Capers, Pizza Norv and Gibbs already have their necks in the noose.

Tice is a goner too, his contract is up after this season.

...and will Favre push for Mooch's hire and the Shermanator's exit?

Last edited by a moderator:
lol @ someone voting 15.3/4 tops. Remember this is how many WILL get axed, not how many we think SHOULD get axed.

lol @ someone voting 15.

3/4 tops. Remember this is how many WILL get axed, not how many we think SHOULD get axed.
Actually, it also asks how many will 'resign' or simply not be back - and that will drive the number up to 25%. We haven't even discussed **** Vermeil, but he may be gone also.

I stand by my prediction of 8.Gibbs has certainly righted the ship in DC. I can't believe Billick has saved his hide though.It doesn't appear Meathead Mike Tice has though.1) Mariucci2) Tice3) Sherman4) Martz5) Capers6) Pizza Norv Turner7) Vermeil8) with the Big Tuna looming as a dark horse retirement candidate

Here's the list of who is not going anywhere, no matter what.Mike ShanahanMarty SchottenheimerBill CowherRomeo CrennelMarvin LewisBill BellichickNick SabanTony Dungy (assuming he doesn't retire because of his son)Jeff FisherJack Del RioMike HolmgrenMike NolanDenny GreenLovie SmithAndy ReidJoe GibbsTom CoughlinJohn GrudenJohn FoxHere are the guys who PROBABLY are going nowhere, although they could surprise.Jim Mora, Jr.Mike MularkeyBill ParcellsHere are the guys with a GOOD CHANCE to be goneJim HaslettBrian BillickHerm EdwardsHere are the guys who are VERY LIKELY to be gone.Norv TurnerDick VermeilDom CapersMike MartzMike ShermanMike TiceSteve Marriucci (Duh)Let's say that the 7 no brainers all leave, and then 3 others from the GOOD CHANCE and PROBABLY NOT groups. That makes 10. Sounds like a good number to me.

Nice work SSOG!I think the Ravens two strong showings will save Billick's ####, and the fact that Boller actually looks like a developing NFL QB finally.....and I can't see Haslett getting canned considering all the drama surrounding the Saints this season.

Nice work SSOG!

I think the Ravens two strong showings will save Billick's ####, and the fact that Boller actually looks like a developing NFL QB finally.

....and I can't see Haslett getting canned considering all the drama surrounding the Saints this season.
I can't see him getting FIRED, but reports are he tried to quit in the middle of the season, and I suspect he might try it again.

DetroitKansas CityMinnesotaHouston4 down, 4 to go.Black Monday is alive and well in the NFL!Martz?Turner?Haslett?Malarkey?Sherman?Denny Green? nah....Big Tuna retirement party?Herm Edwards to KC????I say Martz, Turner and Haslett are locks, with either Sherman or Big Tuna being the other - bringing the total to 8

Looking good so far!Could it be MORE than 25% of the NFL teams changing coaches? This league is turning into the NBA for cripe's sake!

DetroitKansas CityMinnesotaHoustonGreen Bay5 down, 3 to go.Black Monday is alive and well in the NFL!Martz?Turner?Haslett?Malarkey?Denny Green? nah....Big Tuna retirement party?Herm Edwards to KC????

DetroitKansas CityMinnesotaHoustonGreen BaySt. Louis6 down, 2 to go.Black Monday is alive and well in the NFL!Turner?Haslett?Malarkey?Denny Green? nah....Big Tuna retirement party?Herm Edwards to KC????I wonder if some of the 'fringe teams' don't whack their coaches now, as the market will be so competitive.

Considering how Haslett has dealt with all the distractions this season, I'd almost hate to see him get canned. No other coach could have done a better job with the Saints considering the loss of Duece, Horn and his hammy, and Brooks sucking like a Hoover vacuum. And playing all road games more or less.Just doesn't seem right if he gets the axe.

Considering how Haslett has dealt with all the distractions this season, I'd almost hate to see him get canned. No other coach could have done a better job with the Saints considering the loss of Duece, Horn and his hammy, and Brooks sucking like a Hoover vacuum. And playing all road games more or less.

Just doesn't seem right if he gets the axe.
I agree, but he got fired according to FoxSports.com's Jay Glazer.Detroit

Kansas City

Minnesota

Houston

Green Bay

St. Louis

New Orleans

7 down, 1 to go.

Black Monday is alive and well in the NFL!

Turner?

Malarkey?

Denny Green? nah....

Big Tuna retirement party?

Herm Edwards to KC????

Considering how Haslett has dealt with all the distractions this season, I'd almost hate to see him get canned. No other coach could have done a better job with the Saints considering the loss of Duece, Horn and his hammy, and Brooks sucking like a Hoover vacuum. And playing all road games more or less.

Just doesn't seem right if he gets the axe.
He didn't get the axe, from what I heard. He asked out.

I stand by my prediction of 8.

Gibbs has certainly righted the ship in DC. I can't believe Billick has saved his hide though.

It doesn't appear Meathead Mike Tice has though.

1) Mariucci

2) Tice

3) Sherman

4) Martz

5) Capers

6) Pizza Norv Turner

7) Vermeil

8) with the Big Tuna looming as a dark horse retirement candidate
AND THEN THERE WERE EIGHT!WOW! That is one smokin' prediction for several weeks ago. Haslett was my only ommission (instead of the Big Tuna).

Users who are viewing this thread