What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How would you handle this? (1 Viewer)

How would you handle request for funds here?

• Pay it and move on

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • Don't go to party and stay quiet

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Pay it, but let them know it was obnoxious

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Don't go and let them know it was obnoxious

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
it's private pre-school in NYC. the only place they (the rich) rub elbows with the non-rich. then the rest of us head off to public school for pre-k and k, while they keep paying 40-50k/year per kid until college.
might be out in Greenpoint late July

I'LL BE LOOKING YOU UP

Bring a doggie bag and load up on peel & eat shrimp and crab legs to be sure you get your money's worth. 

go to the party and tell them you forgot your wallet.   pay them $2 every time you see them to pay it down slowly

I don't know if its a previous avatar or what, but for some reason, I always imagine fantasycurse42 looking like Will Ferrel. No idea why. 

Hard to believe with this group that "pay it and move on" is winning overwhelmingly.  Dentist down?  :confused:
I've thought about all outcomes for a portion of this morning, I was hoping schtick would win out here, but it couldn't. There really is no benefit in saying anything. 

There are a bunch of other families, my hope is maybe someone else says something. 

I've thought about all outcomes for a portion of this morning, I was hoping schtick would win out here, but it couldn't. There really is no benefit in saying anything. 

There are a bunch of other families, my hope is maybe someone else says something. 
Ultimately, this is what you should and I assume will do. 

I know a ton of wealthy people and 95% of them are the cheapest people I know.  you should be used to stuff like this.

if you're going to pay the $40, at least gossip behind these people's back with all of the other parents about how tacky this is......oh, wait....looks like you've already done that :thumbup:
This. Throw a party for free on the same weekend and invite the same people.

:lol:

This feels kinda true.
completely true, gb.

in Jr's preschool, we had: a greek shipping billionaire and his super model wife, NYC socialite/art-world heir, a couple of well-known performer/actor types, various other people of means with multiple residences around the world and two other families similar to us who were scraping by sending our kids to this place.

while our kids were classmates? best-buds with all of them- parties, drinks, socializing, lots of discussions about kids, life and everything. since then? the only- no joke- people we ever see (without bumping into them randomly) are the two other poor families who don't have weekend homes and jets and lives that exist outside of the city. still like all these people, still happy (and seemingly reciprocated) to see eachother, but not so much to talk about now that our lives have zero overlap... and certainly no playdates, dinners or drinks since they're summering or wintering or weekending in their other, better lives.

Nah, there really isn't.  They're dorks and as someone said above, like many people with a lot of money (not all of course), they seem obnoxiously cheap, so it's not like you saying anything is going to change their minds.  Plus, who knows, maybe it will be a nice party.  :shrug:     I hope so.  :)

I bet someone else - sadly bereft of the sage wisdom of the FFA - does indeed say something.  :thumbup:  

Ultimately, this is what you should and I assume will do. 
An advantage of being associated with some of these people is developing connections for my kids that they can hopefully leverage later in life. Ultimately, I'm just not important enough to shoot off my mouth in these situations... 

Consider this a opportunity my friend

Rich people eat good: take a cooler and raid the freezers. $40 door charge turns into $500 worth of frozen lobster and steaks

Rich people love art: Find a nicely displayed painting over the mantle or somewhere on the wall with lights pointed at it. Take a box cutter and remove said painting. Stash in your underwear.

Rich people buy quality cigars/liquor: Fairly simple to figure this one out. Replace with apple juice like indian jones did with the crystal skull. Would be pretty cool to snag some Arturo Fuente cigars and ask the dad to light it for you!

List goes on you get the point

also id probably buy a rat from the pet store and release it in the house to show them how ####ty their house is!

I'm repeating myself from another one of your threads but for somebody who seems to have a pretty decent life going you sure do complain a lot.

Not important enough??  Dude: don't ever let THAT nonsense thinking stop you from doing just about anything (legal).  Here, it's just a question of no benefit and possible significant cost (non-monetary, i.e., some backlash) involving your kid.   

And good lord, the pole options are more readable now due to the Bored Downgrade!!  :shock:  

An advantage of being associated with some of these people is developing connections for my kids that they can hopefully leverage later in life. Ultimately, I'm just not important enough to shoot off my mouth in these situations... 
My son goes to a private high school and we are among the poorest families there. Most of the students drive nicer cars than I do. I am also hoping he is put into opportunities he might not have otherwise had.  :thumbup:

Not important enough??  Dude: don't ever let THAT nonsense thinking stop you from doing just about anything (legal).  Here, it's just a question of no benefit and possible significant cost (non-monetary, i.e., some backlash) involving your kid.   

And good lord, the pole options are more readable now due to the Bored Downgrade!!  :shock:  
At the end of the day, some these people are powerful in their respective worlds and can provide a recommendation which will help my kids land a quality job in 18 years from now. I'm dying to say something in this situation, but after reflecting on the situation, it would prob be a bad move for the kids, so I need to just #### and bite my tongue. I am someone who rarely does this, but if it comes down to my kids, I just don't have a choice. I hate saying I'm not important enough, but this is just a situation where some people can provide some very helpful influence in the future.

Also, my wife just text me and said if I said anything she'd cut my #### off while I'm sleeping, no shtick. Meanwhile, her and gossip girls are having a field day.

& the numbers are kinda what I expected in the poll (>75% pay and shut up)... Outside of MoP, most seem level headed in this situation. 

Write them a check and then call your bank the next day and put a stop payment on it

It'll  probably cost you $25 or whatever but should make for some good shtick when she goes to cash it

You really think they're gonna remember your kid and fast track him 18 years from now cause your kid was preschool classmates with theirs? 

Last edited by a moderator:
won't you all feel like jerks when Mick and the Stones walk into the ballroom- "HAPPY GRADUATION KIDS!"  :cuesatisfactionriff:

You really think they're gonna remember you kid and fast track him 18 years from now cause your kid was preschool classmates with theirs? 
We all live within 10-15 blocks of each other. Most of these people have nowhere else to go, they're at the pinnacle of where they want to be. I think we'll continue to see each other around the neighborhood, hopefully remain friendly, and when my kid graduates college, sending a note to a SVP at Goldman asking him for a recommendation for an interview won't be some outlandish request :shrug:

Certainly not the worst connections to have and try to maintain...

We all live within 10-15 blocks of each other. Most of these people have nowhere else to go, they're at the pinnacle of where they want to be. I think we'll continue to see each other around the neighborhood, hopefully remain friendly, and when my kid graduates college, sending a note to a SVP at Goldman asking him for a recommendation for an interview won't be some outlandish request :shrug:

Certainly not the worst connections to have and try to maintain...
place your kid's resume under the husband's pillow.. 

Invite them over for dinner in a couple months.  When they get there, ask them for $50 to help out for supplies and the cooking.   Make sure they see you open up the jars of sauce for the spaghetti you make for them.  You not only get your money back but hopefully they realize how tacky it was to do what they did.  Win/win.

Hey, I'm having a party, it'll be a great time, come on over!!

2 weeks later:

The party is a little expensive, our helicopter flight back from the Hamptons is going to cost an extra $4k to make it in time, I need an extra $40 a family. 

It is just obnoxious IMO.
It's weak, but you know rich people.

She said venmo or bring cash in the email.
ding-dong

Hi! it's the FC family here to rock out!

give me $40.

ooh... oops! (patting pockets histrionically) forgot my wallet! I'll get you next time, ok? here's Jr's CV for the hubby- kid is a ####### math wizard- keeps the beat perfectly, legos.. a natural. pretty much potty trained too.

Users who are viewing this thread