What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How would you handle this? (1 Viewer)

How would you handle request for funds here?

• Pay it and move on

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • Don't go to party and stay quiet

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Pay it, but let them know it was obnoxious

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Don't go and let them know it was obnoxious

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Oh and Inow too want to kill the DOE.  Let's take your elementary school and dump it next to the projects 16 blocks away for....diversity. 
They're ####### awful! Although, after a month of hounding the right contact (multiple emails and voicemails daily), they finally helped me out with our PreK situation.  

Their rezoning is a ####### nightmare. http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/39/2/dtg-ps307-ps8-rezoning-approved-2016-01-08-bk.html 

I think I posted this in the NYC thread, but they just rezoned a bunch of PS 8 kids, which is one of the highest performing elementary schools in the borough and sent them to a poorly performing school that is basically in the Farragut Houses. We aren't zoned for this school, but we know families that are in an outrage about this. Even funnier are the parents who already have kids zoned to this school that are outraged http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/38/39/dtg-dumbo-school-rezoning-2015-09-25-bk.html... For some reason, they don't want the kids who have parents that fundraise and try to improve schools and test scores sending their kids to their ####ty school, I find this unbelievable, like the PS 8 parents want to send their kids there to begin with. 

What a cluster####.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're ####### awful! Although, after a month of hounding the right contact (multiple emails and voicemails daily), they finally helped me out with our PreK situation.  

Their rezoning is a ####### nightmare. http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/39/2/dtg-ps307-ps8-rezoning-approved-2016-01-08-bk.html 

I think I posted this in the NYC thread, but they just rezoned a bunch of PS 8 kids, which is one of the highest performing elementary schools in the borough and sent them to a poorly performing school that is basically in the Farragut Houses. We aren't zoned for this school, but we know families that are in an outrage about this. Even funnier are the parents who already have kids zoned to this school that are outraged http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/38/39/dtg-dumbo-school-rezoning-2015-09-25-bk.html... For some reason, they don't want the kids who have parents that fundraise and try to improve schools and test scores sending their kids to their ####ty school, I find this unbelievable, like the parents want to send their kids there to begin with. 

What a cluster####.
I'll take that one and raise you a...

• Let's build and open a new school at the southern end of the Trump buildings on Riverside Drive
  • We don't really need all the new classes, so lets not open a new school, but instead move PS 191 which got labeled as persistently dangerous (happened in December, but still needs to get voted on by PEP in the fall).
  • Oh but wait, now we have an empty building.   Let's tell the principal of 452 to propose in a May CEC3 zoning subcommittee meeting (without informing the current 452 parents) that he wants move to that old building since they are sharing space in their current building which will give them the room to expand by 2 classes a grade to solve the overcrowding at 199 (oh and let's edit the minutes of that meeting so it doesn't sound as bad of a setup as it really was...do they not think people archive this stuff).  Brilliant.
  •  Watch the resulting ####storm
So instead of just opening a nice new school and restarting 191 with some new name, they decide to #### on 2 (probably 3) schools.  It's just jawdropping how badly handled the entire thing is and now I get to go to CEC3 meetings from now to eternity arguing about this.  Fun. 

There's a bunch of other nuance involved, but needless to say there's going to be much arguing and they're going to end up ruining a perfectly good school over it. 

I think I posted this in the NYC thread, but they just rezoned a bunch of PS 8 kids, which is one of the highest performing elementary schools in the borough and sent them to a poorly performing school that is basically in the Farragut Houses. We aren't zoned for this school, but we know families that are in an outrage about this. Even funnier are the parents who already have kids zoned to this school that are outraged http://www.brooklynpaper.com/stories/38/39/dtg-dumbo-school-rezoning-2015-09-25-bk.html... For some reason, they don't want the kids who have parents that fundraise and try to improve schools and test scores sending their kids to their ####ty school, I find this unbelievable, like the PS 8 parents want to send their kids there to begin with. 

What a cluster####.
PS 307 — which serves kids from the Farrugut public housing buildings and has room for at least 300 more youngsters.

PS 307 currently takes in around 17 kindergarten kids a year, which will jump to between 115 and 120 under the new zoning, according to department projections. The change will also dramatically alter the school’s demographics — 90 percent of current students are minorities, which will drop to 55–65 percent, per the forecasts.

That something, according to locals, is that PS 307 is a successful school, while others in the area are struggling.
Is it true that PS 307 is a successful school with 90% minorities?

You mean for the hosts. And that would be excellent too. Set it up anonymously and then get a throw away email and send the link to everyone on the list.  Should get the point across.
yes, for all the guests to pay the hosts.   Love your throw away email idea.

While we are #####ing about rich white people money weirdness, I'm gonna hijack this thread a minute...

Scenario: I go to the gym with a guy who just retired from the police force.  Nice enough guy and we enjoy some friendly banter on issues given my profession, but he's an over the top tea-partier on Facebook who seems to think that wealth should never be spread from the hands of rich, white men.  Definitely not ridiculously wealthy or obnoxious about money or anything, but they do own a boat and clearly are at least okay money-wise (drive good to nice cars, attend a more expensive gym, etc.).  Despite the apparent solvency and political leanings, he put up an ad on the gym board asking for donations on behalf of his son to go on some band trip.  While I get that the schools are severely underfunded in my economically conservative town, for some reason I was a bit put off by this.  Tacky on his part or am I just letting my political tendencies show through?

Since he works in Finance, see if you can get a 6 months same as cash credit line on your $40 bill.

Or have him invest your $40, triple your money, let him keep the $40 and give you your $80 profit.  Win-win.

Is it true that PS 307 is a successful school with 90% minorities?
It is a wonderful school if you're basing it on opinion or the free lunch program, which 82% of the school receives... If you are basing it on test scores, it is in the bottom 15%, so I don't know, you form an opinion on how wonderful this school is.

http://www.schooldigger.com/go/NY/schools/0009102811/school.aspx

I guess by those metrics PS 8 is awful since 12% of the kids get free lunch and they score in the 90% on testing. How would you feel if your kid was always supposed to go to 8 and then the city decides he/she should go to 307? Imagine you bought a house bc of the school district and this happened.

http://www.schooldigger.com/go/NY/schools/0009102064/school.aspx

I'm sure some parents had to move bc of this :shrug:

If you are basing it on test scores, it is in the bottom 15%, so I don't know, you form an opinion on how wonderful this school is.
This stuff pisses me off.  Whenever someone wants to fix a school all of a sudden the parents love it, it's the greatest school, etc., etc. Disgusting.

While we are #####ing about rich white people money weirdness, I'm gonna hijack this thread a minute...

Scenario: I go to the gym with a guy who just retired from the police force.  Nice enough guy and we enjoy some friendly banter on issues given my profession, but he's an over the top tea-partier on Facebook who seems to think that wealth should never be spread from the hands of rich, white men.  Definitely not ridiculously wealthy or obnoxious about money or anything, but they do own a boat and clearly are at least okay money-wise (drive good to nice cars, attend a more expensive gym, etc.).  Despite the apparent solvency and political leanings, he put up an ad on the gym board asking for donations on behalf of his son to go on some band trip.  While I get that the schools are severely underfunded in my economically conservative town, for some reason I was a bit put off by this.  Tacky on his part or am I just letting my political tendencies show through?
Definitely tacky and hypocritical...nothing new from Tea Partiers though.

This stuff pisses me off.  Whenever someone wants to fix a school all of a sudden the parents love it, it's the greatest school, etc., etc. Disgusting.
Amazingly the parents at this school are complaining... This would do nothing but improve the POS school you have to send your kids to :shrug:

Like the parents from PS 8 want to send their kids there, complete ####### disaster... The NYC DOE is the worst, I'm sure what Sammy is explaining on the UWS is a similar scenario, sounds like it could be even shadier. 

In my opinion, you want your child to grow up comfortable with peers whose parents have this kind of success.  You want them comfortable inviting you/your child to events in the future.  I would be overly gracious and peel off a c-note or more, whatever would appear like u weren't trying too hard.  Plus, I wouldn't b surprised if the party became a Disney like experience for your child, and that costs way more.

Pay for my Uber back and forth and I'll gladly show up, yell "YOU'RE QUITE OBNOXIOUS FOR ASKING PEOPLE TO BRING CASH TO COVER YOUR PARTY!" and walk right out. 

Handled strangely but you either go and pay or don't go. 

Get used to little dumb #### like this as every thing that occurs with kids is now some sort of fundraiser. 

Get off my lawn. 

My son was in a private preschool program this year. One of the parents in charge of communication with the rest of the parents said she wanted to have a graduation/year-end party at her house, most other parents agreed that would be nice. 

A little background on this mom - family is super rich, like Chet is probably a peasant to these people, Dad prob makes $5M a year, they have two cars each over $100k and a house and yard easily worth $7-$8M (along with a house in the Hamptons)... 

Anyways, the party is Sunday - Mom sent out an email to the other families today stating they went over budget bc they hired entertainers/musicians/and all types of other unnecessary stuff. She is asking for a contribution of $40 a family. While it is $40 and whatever, it feels extremely obnoxious, especially given their insane financial status. We've been friends with this family since each of our kids were roughly 6 months old and still participate in a lot of similar family outings with them. With that being said, I'm struggling to bite my tongue. How would you handle? I'm prob gonna pay and just bite my tongue, but WTF?
just pay it and move on.   You'll get far more than $40 worth of memories and free booze

listen bromigo this is all about your kid honest i know you want to say something and it feels lousy but you know what people are crappy welcome to the usa today just swallow hard let your kid have a good time and honest just do not do something that could make your kids life harder even tho i know that totally stinks the bag big time take that to the bank 

OP is a ####### humble brag joke. 
You must've missed the part of the thread where floppo hit the nail on the head regarding the dynamics of these preschool programs.

No need to read it, your criticism is welcome and will be thought about zero times after I put the period at the end of this sentence.

Julie Bowen in Horrible Bosses smoke show?  Jessica Alba smoke show?  Mila Kunis in forgetting Sara Marshall?  Kate Beckinsale?
Eastern European, tight tight body, dirty blond hair, perfect boobs (which is amazing bc she breastfed for 2 years), prob about 5'8... Feels very warm when she talks to you, kinda puts her hand on your shoulder like she's really interested in what you have to say.

Eastern European, tight tight body, dirty blond hair, perfect boobs (which is amazing bc she breastfed for 2 years), prob about 5'8... Feels very warm when she talks to you, kinda puts her hand on your shoulder like she's really interested in what you have to say.
Be gracious.  Ask if there is anything else you can do or bring to help.  After, offer to host a play date for your kids.  If it goes off maybe you have begun to establish the relationship which will last through to them wanting to help your kid.  If the play date can't go off maybe it is because they are going to their beach home and you get an invite.  Don't dwell on the negative.  Find a positive and move forward.

Oh, if you can get me an invite I would like to meet this woman.

Hey, I'm having a party, it'll be a great time, come on over!!

2 weeks later:

The party is a little expensive, our helicopter flight back from the Hamptons is going to cost an extra $4k to make it in time, I need an extra $40 a family. 

It is just obnoxious IMO.
Similar to a friend who invited me out to one of those hard to get into NYC night clubs where he had bottles and a great table.  I met him up at some point in the night and had an awesome time.  A few days later he sends an email splitting the cost with all the guys he invited.   :lmao:  GTFO 

You must've missed the part of the thread where floppo hit the nail on the head regarding the dynamics of these preschool programs.

No need to read it, your criticism is welcome and will be thought about zero times after I put the period at the end of this sentence.
:lmao:  perfectly on point

Pay her $80.

I'd make it interesting. Go to the party topless because you thought it was a pool party. Invite the hostess to guess your body fat percentage. If she's within 2%, she wins and you pay up gladly. If she's off by more than 2%, you win and get to fondle her while calling her a smokeshow. Then pay her $80.

You seem really stuck on the whole $40, and I think I have a solution.  Sounds like all the entertainers right now (face painters, balloon animal makers, etc) are for the kids.  Where is the fun for the parents?  Maybe instead of throwing in $40 bucks, you can just take off your shirt and let everyone see?

I'd make it interesting. Go to the party topless because you thought it was a pool party. Invite the hostess to guess your body fat percentage. If she's within 2%, she wins and you pay up gladly. If she's off by more than 2%, you win and get to fondle her while calling her a smokeshow. Then pay her $80.

You seem really stuck on the whole $40, and I think I have a solution.  Sounds like all the entertainers right now (face painters, balloon animal makers, etc) are for the kids.  Where is the fun for the parents?  Maybe instead of throwing in $40 bucks, you can just take off your shirt and let everyone see?
These are both brutally unfunny.

Regardless, take it back to the potato thread where it belongs.

not even once?

I was expecting much more in terms of the booked entertainment for a party that went significantly over budget. Balloon animals, facepainting, etc is the type of stuff a $200K combined income family does for birthday parties here. Hopefully they're going completely over the top on food/booze; otherwise they're getting ripped off. 

I was expecting much more in terms of the booked entertainment for a party that went significantly over budget. Balloon animals, facepainting, etc is the type of stuff a $200K combined income family does for birthday parties here. Hopefully they're going completely over the top on food/booze; otherwise they're getting ripped off. 
I'd guess the band for the sing-alongs is pretty expensive. 

Users who are viewing this thread