What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How would you handle this? (1 Viewer)

How would you handle request for funds here?

• Pay it and move on

Votes: 105 76.1%
  • Don't go to party and stay quiet

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Pay it, but let them know it was obnoxious

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • Don't go and let them know it was obnoxious

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
I was expecting much more in terms of the booked entertainment for a party that went significantly over budget. Balloon animals, facepainting, etc is the type of stuff a $200K combined income family does for birthday parties here. Hopefully they're going completely over the top on food/booze; otherwise they're getting ripped off. 
I've been to parties with the usual balloon animals, facepainting, cake, kids' band, etc... except it's pretty clear the face-painters are from cirque de soleil or somesuch, the cake is a work of art dipped into the extract of virgin ukrainian super models (oxymoron, I know), the balloon animals are essentially real animals and it's Dan Zanes or the Wiggles playing. we walked out of the last one and the wife was convinced they spent 15k+... for a 4yo's bday that they'll never remember.

fantasycurse42 said:
Eastern European, tight tight body, dirty blond hair, perfect boobs (which is amazing bc she breastfed for 2 years), prob about 5'8... Feels very warm when she talks to you, kinda puts her hand on your shoulder like she's really interested in what you have to say.
Oh, for ####'s sake.

On your deathbed, are you more likely to think "I can't believe I gave that hot chick $40" or "I can't believe I didn't give that hot chick $40 and found out later that she blew every guy who gave her $40 just to get back at her husband for making her ask for it"?

Oh, for ####'s sake.

On your deathbed, are you more likely to think "I can't believe I gave that hot chick $40" or "I can't believe I didn't give that hot chick $40 and found out later that she blew every guy who gave her $40 just to get back at her husband for making her ask for it"?
  That right there is a line you may want to get in twice, depending on her oral hygiene practices, of course.

Throw another party and charge them $80 a pop. It must be fun to live in a rich world where you guys are always jabbing elbows.

I've got money because I don't like to spend money.

They embarassed themselves by asking for money, don't one up them by making a fuss over it. 

What probably happened is the husband paid for all of it but then the wife saw an opportunity to get a bunch of cash in her pocket. She'll be shopping at the Gap the next day.

I don't understand how people have the gall to ask for money.  If you agree to host and you blew through the budget, why on earth would you ask others to bail you out?  What an embarrassment.  You'd think their pride would be worth more than that.  

I don't understand how people have the gall to ask for money.  If you agree to host and you blew through the budget, why on earth would you ask others to bail you out?  What an embarrassment.  You'd think their pride would be worth more than that.  
Some people, no matter how rich, have none. 

Users who are viewing this thread