What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jameis Winston (1 Viewer)

I do think he will do something pretty bad again before he's out of here. There's a pretty terrible pattern here and he's probably being told none of this is his fault by all the program backslappers.

And worse, he's getting away with it all. He has no reason to think anything will stop him.

Edit: I don't consider the BB gun shooting and taking coke at Burger King a big deal. But getting caught up in a rape case, beating it, then walking out with food at publix 5 months later is pretty ballsy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do think he will do something pretty bad again before he's out of here. There's a pretty terrible pattern here and he's probably being told none of this is his fault by all the program backslappers.

And worse, he's getting away with it all. He has no reason to think anything will stop him.

Edit: I don't consider the BB gun shooting and taking coke at Burger King a big deal. But getting caught up in a rape case, beating it, then walking out with food at publix 5 months later is pretty ballsy.
What kind of homer are you? Jameis is the victim here. Once you become the best player in the country the haters come in all shapes and forms. You get rich, you get sued. You have a one night stand, and all of a sudden your a rapeist. Some groupie hooks you up with crab legs, and all of a sudden he's a theif.

Jameis is a leader who stands up for fellow students, and won't snitch no matter how much it tarnishes his image. Jameis tells the truth no matter what, as he could of easily lied about the crab legs or thrown someone under the bus.

Publix should have worked some terms into this. We'll let this slide if you endorse our crab legs when you go pro.

"Publix crab legs, good enough to ruin your draft status for."

Play along with me here. We don't know for certain, but if he was given a pass by employees how is this any different than free coffee, meals, etc for law enforcement officers, etc.

He's obviously not a "hero" in the classical definition of the word, but would it be terribly unusual for people to give him free stuff? I bet he's heard things like "you're money's no good here, go ahead" or "don't worry about it Jameis" often the last couple years.

If he just tried to hide it and sneak out, then he's a fool. But if he had any slight amount of encouragement I can't really fault him anymore than the police officer that goes to the store and doesn't get charged for coffee or soft drinks.

I think it's ok if it's at the mom and pop where the owner OKs it (obviously) or at a fast food place where they give you a free soda, or even some guy behind the counter who says you know this ones on me.

But you just can't be walking out of a major corporate grocery store with free 30 dollar crab legs. Even if the cashier is good with it (I am sure that's what happened) I highly doubt the manager is.

The downside to this for him is he will probably have to decline any of those free offers, even if legit going forward.

After Jameis Winston won the Heisman Trophy and led Florida State to the BCS National Championship a season ago, many wonder what's left for the young quarterback to accomplish at the school.If you ask his father, quite a bit apparently.

In an interview with AL.com on Wednesday, Antonor Winston told the paper that despite speculation that 2014 would be Jameis' final season for the Seminoles before declaring early for the 2015 NFL Draft, the plan is for the young signal-caller spend more time in Tallahassee before moving on to the pros.

"We want Jameis to succeed with one more year in baseball and two more years in football," the elder Winston said. "We've never strayed from our plan that he is going to be in college until he gets that degree."

That would give Winston three seasons of college football before he would declare early for the 2016 NFL Draft as a redshirt junior. While that may cause a few eyebrows to raise around the league, Seminoles fans may already be getting up their hopes of seeing him in gannet and gold longer than anybody thought.

Perhaps the most interesting part of the article -- and a sharp contrast to Winston's reputation after incidents off the field -- is that the quarterback is studying to get an engineering degree and originally went off to college with dreams of becoming a podiatrist.

Yes, a podiatrist. He's scheduled to graduate in December 2015 according to his father.
I'll believe him not being in the draft next year when I see it.

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Normally I would say there is no way he comes back, and I still highly doubt it, but the baseball love on his part is real (from what I understand).

Unless he loses a limb, he leaves... No reason not to, none at all... FSU isn't going anywhere and if he wants a degree, he can go back.

"@FSU_Football: Do you have a question for QB Jameis Winston? #AskJameis." Do you know that you have to Buy One to get One Free at Publix?

10:25 AM - 10 Aug 2014

:lmao:

:lmao:

From another story covering the AskFSU debacle: Someone responded and tagged the Tallahassee Police Department and remarked, "Here's your cahnce to finally question Jameis Winston!"

Johnny Football ‏@JohnnyCleveIand 18h if the Publix employees at check out are in zone coverage and you're running a read-option with the crab legs, what do you do?

For the record, My appreciation of the humor around this doesn't mean I don't appreciate the kid's talent. He's a helluva athlete. :thumbup:

He should of wait until they are asking him if he is going to declare for the NFL draft after winning his 2nd NC, then say it on national television. That would be heisman level trolling.

Is this latest move a big deal in a vacuum? Hell no. He's a damn college kid.

Is it a pretty big red flag that he still just doesn't get it? Sadly, yep.

Colossal bust for the NFL team dumb and desperate enough to pick him.
Too much talent... If he can stay on the field, I almost think this is impossible.
I don't know how smart your dog is but I guarantee it is smarter than Winston..He won't be able to learn the plays or defensive schemes.
I hate to keep typing this but he's allegedly extremely book smart. Got into Stanford. On conference all-academic team. Is able to break plays down on the field like few college QBs I've ever seen. Him learning a playbook is literally the last thing I would be worried about. It's everything else he does that is dumb.

Too much talent... If he can stay on the field, I almost think this is impossible.
I don't know how smart your dog is but I guarantee it is smarter than Winston..He won't be able to learn the plays or defensive schemes.
I hate to keep typing this but he's allegedly extremely book smart. Got into Stanford. On conference all-academic team. Is able to break plays down on the field like few college QBs I've ever seen. Him learning a playbook is literally the last thing I would be worried about.It's everything else he does that is dumb.
:goodposting:

I don't see how you pass on him at number 1 in the draft. You take the gamble and try to surround him with the proper support.

I hate to keep typing this but he's allegedly extremely book smart. Got into Stanford. On conference all-academic team. Is able to break plays down on the field like few college QBs I've ever seen. Him learning a playbook is literally the last thing I would be worried about.It's everything else he does that is dumb.
As dumb as he is off the filed, I find it very hard to believe that he magically is smart on the field.

I don't see how you pass on him at number 1 in the draft. You take the gamble and try to surround him with the proper support.
I'd pass. Mariota, and possibly Hundley, are close enough in talent and lack the baggage. Winston should justifiably be drafed high, but the top? I don't think so.

As dumb as he is off the filed, I find it very hard to believe that he magically is smart on the field.
There's a ton of athletes throughout history who are "sports smart" and stupid every other way. A good recent example is Floyd Mayweather. He may be the smartest boxer I've ever seen. But outside of that, he's a real idiot.

I don't care what you believe. You don't get accepted into Stanford unless you are of fairly high intelligence.

Why is "he is too stupid to be a QB" the go to with black quarterbacks so often? Winston took AP courses in high school and was honored by the ACC for his academics last year. He is immature at a minimum. He often throws the ball late which limits YAC and will get him picked in the Pros. But lack of intelligence doesn't seem to be the problem.

I'd pass. Mariota, and possibly Hundley, are close enough in talent and lack the baggage. Winston should justifiably be drafed high, but the top? I don't think so.
No they're not, Winston is a special talent. On the field, this guy is above and beyond the best in college right now.

Why is "he is too stupid to be a QB" the go to with black quarterbacks so often?
You already know the answer to this.

I feel bad for the team that selects Mariotta over this guy. Hundley probably doesn't crack the top 10.

Users who are viewing this thread