What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jeremy Hill will be the #1 fantasy RB this year (1 Viewer)

When your running game is struggling and both backs look strong early, you definitely want to shut it down completely while you defend a lead. Football 101.

#BitterHillOwner

Hi, my name is Jeremy Hill. All I do is score touchdowns......oh, and the occasional two point conversion.

Last edited by a moderator:
5 TDs through 4 games (pacing for 20 :) ).

I think 8 rushing TDs in his last 7 regular season games (he had 9 total as a rookie, only Murray and Lynch had more, and that was starting roughly half the season, though the RBBC carry distribution is more evenly divided now than during his strong close last season - when he had multiple 20 carry games).

How many people benched him today? It sure sounded like a lot of people were going to, before the game. The op even changed the thread title.

That's what sucks about guys like this - if you start him every week you eat some terrible games. Bench him and you find yourself chasing points and starting him the week after he does well.

Gio had 20 more rushing yards in a game they controlled the whole time

How many people benched him today? It sure sounded like a lot of people were going to, before the game. The op even changed the thread title.

That's what sucks about guys like this - if you start him every week you eat some terrible games. Bench him and you find yourself chasing points and starting him the week after he does well.
I haven't benched him in any of my leagues all year.

I haven't benched him in any of my leagues all year.
Me either. 3 weeks is too small of a sample size to bench a 1st/early 2nd rounder.

Don't get the excitement, he's just not very good at all. I get the fantasy goodness with 5 td's but 150 or so yards on about 50 carries to date? Pretty poor, he'll be splitting with Gio plenty this year. That said, multiple TD games are all it takes to make for good fantasy days. Own him in one of 4 redrafts and will continue to start him but hardly shouting from the rooftops about his production to date.

Don't get the excitement, he's just not very good at all. I get the fantasy goodness with 5 td's but 150 or so yards on about 50 carries to date? Pretty poor, he'll be splitting with Gio plenty this year. That said, multiple TD games are all it takes to make for good fantasy days. Own him in one of 4 redrafts and will continue to start him but hardly shouting from the rooftops about his production to date.
Last I checked TDs were worth more than rushing yardage

Yep and some of us play in TD heavy leagues as well.

Indeed so today is a good day. I'm happy for the one team I have him on, just not particularly excited or bullish about his YPC or his occasional fumbling either.

3 TDs. Hi, haters.
Okay hope to see you later this season after he has his stinker games as well and his other half gets more of the TDs.

Remember this THREAD is labeled #1 RB in 2015, this is not the Hill thread so there is a different level of requirements to gloat.

Did you know that Hill wasn't even the #1 RB this week with his 3 TDs?

Freeman says hello from my lineup.

3 TDs. Hi, haters.
Okay hope to see you later this season after he has his stinker games as well and his other half gets more of the TDs.Remember this THREAD is labeled #1 RB in 2015, this is not the Hill thread so there is a different level of requirements to gloat.

Mmmm... Salty

Indeed so today is a good day. I'm happy for the one team I have him on, just not particularly excited or bullish about his YPC or his occasional fumbling either.
Occasional fumbling :unsure:

Out-carried and pretty much out-performed by Gio again. 3 short tds isn't making me feel very confident going forward.

He had two good scoring games and two non-good games. Of the latter, one he was benched at halftime for 2 fumbles. So in games where he isn't benched, 2/3 this year (5/6 dating back to the last three regular season games of his rookie year). But the season is young, trends are still developing.

The bizarre, inexplicable hatchet job mantra that Hill was useless unless he was one of the top RBs in the league was annihilated last year, it was deader than disco by the end of the season (I'm not talking about Hill being the #1 overall RB, though I realize that was the thread title - this has just become the defacto Hill thread, a better question is, can he be a RB1, with more games like this week, it is still possible).

I haven't benched him either in any of the three leagues I have him (of course, teams with Peterson, Charles and Lynch rounding out their RB corp might, but how many teams are like that, .001%?). Obviously those that believe in his talent are more likely to stick with him. Point taken there is legit and understandable variance in the concern level based on the presence of Bernard, and how that might impact Hill's usage. IMO, that is still indeterminate, and possibly will continue to be partly game script-dependent. On the bonus plan, as noted, the 4-0 Bengals look really good, and Hill could be well positioned to be the beneficiary of many favorable game scripts going forward, this season, and beyond (the core of Dalton, Green, Hill/Bernard, Eifert, etc. is young). Plus the great Jermaine Gresham is no longer with the team. :)

3 TDs. Hi, haters.
Okay hope to see you later this season after he has his stinker games as well and his other half gets more of the TDs.Remember this THREAD is labeled #1 RB in 2015, this is not the Hill thread so there is a different level of requirements to gloat.

Mmmm... Salty
So you think Hill is the best RB in the NFL right now?

Yes or No is all I require.

Since nobody drafted him as the #1 overall RB, the question is academic and moot (the ongoing discussion doesn't have to be chained to the parameters of a sensationalist thread title).

3 TDs. Hi, haters.

Mmmm... Salty
So you think Hill is the best RB in the NFL right now?

Yes or No is all I require.
Let it go. I don't think anyone other than the OP thinks he's the #1 RB in fantasy. Do we really need to start another thread on Hill so we can't discuss him without a bunch of posters saying that he's not #1?

3 TDs. Hi, haters.

Mmmm... Salty
So you think Hill is the best RB in the NFL right now?Yes or No is all I require.
Let it go. I don't think anyone other than the OP thinks he's the #1 RB in fantasy. Do we really need to start another thread on Hill so we can't discuss him without a bunch of posters saying that he's not #1?
Actually there is a normal thread and is referenced in the index of players.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/705057-jeremy-hill-rb-cin/

If someone is going to call people in this thread haters it's on the premise of not liking him as the top back. Every post I have made in this specific thread has that as the basis of discussion.

You can't come in and change the topic mid stream and act like all the comments on the negative side were not tied to that premise.

More people seem to be discussing Hill in this thread, for whatever reason (lately, I mean, the older thread likely has more posts, but most from 2014). A lot of mischief has been created by many not making clear whether they were talking about a Hill in the sense of #1 overall, OR as a RB1, so I commend your clarity and making this explicit.

You are being consistent, and that is fine if you want to have that discussion, but it has become a fringe one at this point. Most people in THIS thread aren't having that discussion, or engaged any longer by the initial premise (if they ever were). Threads evolve.

* Needless to say, Hill could fall short of #1 overall, and still be valuable. This was an oddly contentious point last year in the other thread, and seems as if it is being revisited.

3 TDs. Hi, haters.

Mmmm... Salty
So you think Hill is the best RB in the NFL right now?Yes or No is all I require.
Actually there is a normal thread and is referenced in the index of players.

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?/topic/705057-jeremy-hill-rb-cin/

If someone is going to call people in this thread haters it's on the premise of not liking him as the top back. Every post I have made in this specific thread has that as the basis of discussion.

You can't come in and change the topic mid stream and act like all the comments on the negative side were not tied to that premise.
Consider loosening up a bit man, a bong hit, a shot of whiskey, whatever it takes.

Users who are viewing this thread