What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Madonna with a lesson on how not to be a content creator (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Obviously, Madonna is hyper successful in her career. But a good lesson here on what not to do as a content creator.

She felt compelled here to call out and shame a person at her show who wasn’t standing up. Turns out the person was in a wheelchair. Ouch.

As content creators, not every person or customer will cheer for or stand up for our content. And that’s ok. Focus on the people who are getting value. And don’t think everyone has to cheer.

Last edited:
I've long disliked Madonna and thought that her whole sociopolitical schtick of what they called (even in the universities and colleges) "**** me feminism" did a ton of damage to younger women who emulated her and basked in her celebrity like they do now with Taylor Swift (only the girls weren't quite as perfervid about it as they are these days, and T. Swift is a better role model to the nth degree). But I thought she actually helped coarsen and worsen our society by bringing that which was promised as sexual liberation but was really masquerading as pain, heartbreak, and a general loosening of morals that, among other things, coincided with (some would say helped cause) illegitimacy rates among whites skyrocketing in numbers that almost leave one breathless once one assesses and begins to understand the impact of fatherless homes on children born to single parents.

Frankly, her shaming a disabled woman is the least of the beefs I have with her and it is quite honestly apparent (if people will look at our recent, modern history fairly and clearly) that she has been some form of evil incarnate and a pox on decorum, decency, and family stability when all is said and done. She's been nothing but uncivilized and encouraged women to engage their urges and instincts rather than cultivating reason, intelligence, and the intellect. Shaming a disabled woman? My God, we've let her attitudes become mainstream and mocked the people objecting to her act as uptight and backward—what a toothless and futile act to condemn our blasphemous-down-to-her-chosen-name Madonna as she slides into a useless old age that renders her completely and ironically irrelevant, an irrelevance cemented by her own former glorification of the urgency of youth and the carnality of pleasure that glorification necessarily entailed.

Move over, Madge. You've had your cabaret on our country and on the house long enough. Sit down, please.

Last edited:
Im naive about this.... She's the content creator here by having a concert? What's the content? This video? The shaming? The concert? Am I wrong in thinking whoever filmed this and posted it- they're the content creator? Sorry, I know I'm hung up on the wrong thing here.

About her and her actions..this is where I'd post the peewee link- I say we hang em!

Im naive about this.... She's the content creator here by having a concert? What's the content? This video? The shaming? The concert? Am I wrong in thinking whoever filmed this and posted it- they're the content creator? Sorry, I know I'm hung up on the wrong thing here.

About her and her actions..this is where I'd post the peewee link- I say we hang em!

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I meant it from the aspect of a person creating content for something like Fantasy Football.

Sometimes I see content creators frustrated with criticism. Sometimes that looks like most everyone likes the content but a few people do not.

That would be like Madonna looking at the audience where almost everyone is standing up and instead of being happy 99.99% were standing up, she chose to shame the one person who wasn't standing.

I'm saying I think it's best if you don't act like that.

I don't think anyone will ever accuse Madonna of being classy. Even if that person wasn't handicapped, as a paying customer, they have the right, so long as they aren't being disruptive to other fans, to sit for all or parts of the show without being called out by the performer.
Agreed - no need to embarrass someone for sitting down, disabled or not. At this stage, I would rather sit (or, ideally park myself in a lounge chair) if at all possible during concerts.

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I meant it from the aspect of a person creating content for something like Fantasy Football.

Sometimes I see content creators frustrated with criticism. Sometimes that looks like most everyone likes the content but a few people do not.

That would be like Madonna looking at the audience where almost everyone is standing up and instead of being happy 99.99% were standing up, she chose to shame the one person who wasn't standing.

And the irony is that Madonna has always (allegedly) been about individualism and marching to the beat of her own drum, yet she was ready to shame a fan who wasn't standing because she apparently requires all her fans to march to the same beat and stand when she demands it. The hypocrisy is just so obvious.

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I am a little confused - if your message is: "Don't single someone out and shame them" why would you single someone out and shame them?

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I am a little confused - if your message is: "Don't single someone out and shame them" why would you single someone out and shame them?

I think he's saying "Don't single out one of your customers/consumers and shame them."

Sorry I wasn't clear.

I think he's saying "Don't single out one of your customers/consumers and shame them."
Hopefully Madonna isnt an FBG subscriber.

Thanks. And yes.

And maybe even more. Not just not singling them out to shame them. But just not worrying about them.

There will always be some percentage that doesn't "stand" with what you're doing. It's ok. Way better to focus on bringing value to the rest of the people who do seem to be with you.

Sorry I wasn't clear.

Probably should have lead out with that instead of playing gotcha journalism

:confused: what is "gotcha journalism" on this?

I lead with: "Obviously, Madonna is hyper successful in her career. But a good lesson here on what not to do as a content creator."

I lead with: "Obviously, Madonna is hyper successful in her career. But a good lesson here on what not to do as a content creator."
she’s not a content creator so while you can sub in a content creator into her position it’s still not the same. The mindset of a diva is ME and a content creator knows that they need the others so their mindset should never be the same as madonna’s

IDK, she seemed genuinely curious why someone was sitting. I don't sense any shaming in her tone or words. She even apologizes and thanks the person for being there. I assume, as far as Madonna could see, this was the only person not standing. That was noticeable. This is different than someone putting out content and not everyone likes it. This is a concert where people pay a cost to be there. Maybe she just wanted to make sure that person was having a good time.

I think Joe's point is a good one for people in certain lines of business, but I'm not sure how relatable this video is to that point.

Well you lead with: "Madonna with a lesson on how not to be a content creator"

And it comes across as less of a lesson on what to do as a content creator, and more a chance to say: "Hey look at how awful Madonna is"

I am not sure there are any lessons for content creators in the video.

My advice to content creators - stick with your passions, and you will enjoy content creation a lot more than if you try to be everything to everyone.

And it comes across as less of a lesson on what to do as a content creator, and more a chance to say: "Hey look at how awful Madonna is"

My advice to content creators - stick with your passions, and you will enjoy content creation a lot more than if you try to be everything to everyone.

I mean......that's pretty similar to Joe's conclusion too.

As content creators, not every person or customer will cheer for or stand up for our content. And that’s ok. Focus on the people who are getting value. And don’t think everyone has to cheer.

IDK, she seemed genuinely curious why someone was sitting. I don't sense any shaming in her tone or words. She even apologizes and thanks the person for being there. I assume, as far as Madonna could see, this was the only person not standing. That was noticeable. This is different than someone putting out content and not everyone likes it. This is a concert where people pay a cost to be there. Maybe she just wanted to make sure that person was having a good time.

I think Joe's point is a good one for people in certain lines of business, but I'm not sure how relatable this video is to that point.
While this is a fair point, Madonna has such a long history of treating her fans like crap (see: her decades of showing up hours late to shows) that it is hard to give her the benefit of the doubt.

And I like a fair amount of Madonna songs. Live to Tell and Borderline are two of my favorite songs from my 80s playlist, Ray of Light is a terrific record from start to finish, and she has plenty of other good songs scattered about over the years, but she's just really hard to like as a person.

Yea this thread reads like gotcha ragebait ads on Facebook. I didn't watch the video until I had read like half this thread and the video is very different from what I was expecting after reading the tone of the OP and responses here.

I know less than zero about Madonna though so maybe there's more to it.

I guess I don't follow the analogy. Madonna is onstage with lights in her eyes. I'm assuming it's a big moment in the show. She asks the fans (I think it's safe to assume they are all fans if they're in the first few rows of the concert) to stand up. She makes out a silhouette of someone sitting and asks why. The woman motions that she can't stand. Madonna walks over to see her better and without the lights blinding her sees the wheelchair. She apologizes and says she's glad the person is there. Seems like an honest mistake that she instantly rectified. So now what does this have to do with content creating? Is pointing out her mistake and shaming her the "content"? Very confused.

Last edited:

That's a bummer if you choose to twist it that way. It should come off exactly as I wrote it. A lesson on what not to do. This has very little to do with Madonna and I'm pretty sure I didn't say she was "awful".

BUT, taking my own advice, it seems most people understood or get what I meant. So you do you and rock on.

i think sadly the lesson that a lot of the lets be influencer set will pick up from this is that if you do something awful it will get a lot more views than something positive which is pretty sad in my opinion take that to the bank bromigos

That was my impression to. I'm sure there are a lot of things we can rail about regarding Madonna. This isn't one of them.

New lesson: it can be very easy to make assumptions about a person’s motivation without knowing enough information. We should be careful about how we react to our assumptions.

I am confused why we are using the phrase "content creator" in this context
How is it confusing at all? If you have a limited definition of content creator as someone who uses newer social media as a medium, that's fine. But it is not confusing and it is in the title. Content creator. Elvis was a content creator. Mark Twain. Elizabeth Taylor. Jake Paul. A content creator is anyone who delivers any type of communication for public distribution.

How is it confusing at all? If you have a limited definition of content creator as someone who uses newer social media as a medium, that's fine. But it is not confusing and it is in the title. Content creator. Elvis was a content creator. Mark Twain. Elizabeth Taylor. Jake Paul. A content creator is anyone who delivers any type of communication for public distribution.

Okay, but to be fair, not once in my life have I ever heard somebody refer to Elvis, Mark Twain or Elizabeth Taylor as a 'content creators'. Not until today, that is. I've heard Elvis referred to as a singer, actor, model, star but content creator? Not once.

Here's Mark Twain's first paragraph in wiki:
Samuel Langhorne Clemens, known by the pen name Mark Twain, was an American writer, humorist, essayist, entrepreneur, publisher and lecturer.

You know what it doesn't say? 'Content creator'. I mean, I could call Twain a 'creator of words' and that would be correct, but it's superfluous given that we can just call him an 'author'.

Okay, but to be fair, not once in my life have I ever heard somebody refer to Elvis, Mark Twain or Elizabeth Taylor as a 'content creators'. Not until today, that is. I've heard Elvis referred to as a singer, actor, model, star but content creator? Not once.

Samuel Langhorne Clemens, known by the pen name Mark Twain, was an American writer, humorist, essayist, entrepreneur, publisher and lecturer.

You know what it doesn't say? 'Content creator'. I mean, I could call Twain a 'creator of words' and that would be correct, but it's superfluous given that we can just call him an 'author'.
I like the content you just created.

:shrug:

I'm still confused

I like the content you just created.

You should have seen the content I created this morning after my coffee. :bag:

It's a crummy marketingdroid type term to begin with, but if you (or other people) are going to stretch it to cover non directly digital products, it's almost meaningless. Please don't use it this way.

I honestly wasn't confused until everybody else was. I assumed Joe meant that Madonna was the content creator and that his message was directed at people who are writing, filming, etc. Don't do what Madonna did to her seated fan.

It's probably a poor word for what Madonna does, but give a guy a break, huh?

Users who are viewing this thread