What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mass shooting in chicago (3 Viewers)

I am talking about an actual specific crime that just happened. The media has largely ignored it, but where it has been covered it isnt being referred to as a hate crime. 

You yourself admitted that if two white guys burned a black guy it would probably be labeled that way by the media. 

I know the definition of a hate crime. The media obviously doesnt rely on the actual definition. (Except when it is black crime, then they wait for police coding)
Yeah, we are talking in circles a little bit.   I agree largely with this post.   This line of discussion started with somebody claiming that all crimes are hate crimes and are only committed by white.  That is what I was addressing, and was my mistake to do so and get sucked into that.  

Like I said, I am curious to see a further breakdown in stats (again, it could be on there and I just didn't look in the right spot).   The chart that I posted had by race of perpetrator, but I didn't see it broke down any farther.  IE - do the %s change at all for people committing a hate crime bases on race vs. based on sexual identity vs. religion?   Probably hard to parse some of that out, but I am just curious to see those stats if they do exist.  

Never understood the "carjackings"   I mean how long can you actually drive a car that has been jacked without getting caught? The people who do it are probably too stupid to actually steal a car the correct way but still.
:shrug:   They steal them just to joy-ride (and often crash) or to commit other crimes.  It's a weird/scary dynamic.

Users who are viewing this thread