What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mom speaks out against Delta Air Lines passenger who allegedly fat-shamed her during flight (1 Viewer)

If they are together? Of course. Unless they absolutely hate each other and wont be passing twinkies or talking to each other. 
So a multitude of people who board earlier should volunteer to be uncomfortable so you ...who boards later, can roll in and have a more comfortable seat?   :confused:

Even though the entire SWA seating system is based on boarding sooner rather than later earns you a better seat? 

If you don't want to be bothered reserving your place in the boarding line by logging in 24 hours before flight time - why don't you just pony up the extra $ for priority boarding Mr. Prestigious.  

So a multitude of people who board earlier should volunteer to be uncomfortable so you ...who boards later, can roll in and have a more comfortable seat?   :confused:

Even though the entire SWA seating system is based on boarding sooner rather than later earns you a better seat? 

If you don't want to be bothered reserving your place in the boarding line by logging in 24 hours before flight time - why don't you just pony up the extra $ for priority boarding Mr. Prestigious.  
It is rude for a husband and wife to sit apart and then carry on a conversation over you. I am sorry you cant see how rude that is. 

I can see that if they are really chatty - let's go with that.  
I have only seen this scenario unfold on southwest a few times. Usually i see aisle aisle. That is perfectly acceptable. 

I have never seen a couple sit aisle/window and not talk to each other or pass stuff to each other several times during a flight. I find that extremely rude. 

I have no issues with them taking those seats right away on a non full flight and like fc42 move when somebody shows up for the middle seat. 

ETA: i have been an alist member and had a companion pass on southwest for 4 years prior to this year, so i have flown quite a bit. 

Last edited by a moderator:
parasaurolophus said:
I have only seen this scenario unfold on southwest a few times. Usually i see aisle aisle. That is perfectly acceptable. 

I have never seen a couple sit aisle/window and not talk to each other or pass stuff to each other several times during a flight. I find that extremely rude. 

I have no issues with them taking those seats right away on a non full flight and like fc42 move when somebody shows up for the middle seat. 

ETA: i have been an alist member and had a companion pass on southwest for 4 years prior to this year, so i have flown quite a bit. 
fair enough - and yeah, I flew SWA pretty much every week from mid-1999 through fall of 2006 and had a companion pass from 2000 until 2011.  I still have a SWA credit card as my main card ...probably time to switch.  I miss the days when you got a free ticket for every 4 flights (8 segments), you could also do it in 2 flights instead of 4, if you broke up your flight into 2 flights. 

You got a paper ticket that could be easily sold.  There was a market for the tickets with a daily price - generally, they were between $300 - $350 each.  I made some nice spending money on those for a couple of years.  10 tickets - $3500 ...tax-free.  

fair enough - and yeah, I flew SWA pretty much every week from mid-1999 through fall of 2006 and had a companion pass from 2000 until 2011.  I still have a SWA credit card as my main card ...probably time to switch.  I miss the days when you got a free ticket for every 4 flights (8 segments), you could also do it in 2 flights instead of 4, if you broke up your flight into 2 flights. 

You got a paper ticket that could be easily sold.  There was a market for the tickets with a daily price - generally, they were between $300 - $350 each.  I made some nice spending money on those for a couple of years.  10 tickets - $3500 ...tax-free.  
You are bidding one one white envelope. As a bonus you will receive one voucher...

You are bidding one one white envelope. As a bonus you will receive one voucher...
never messed with ebay ...but wow they were all over the place there, I'm sure that is the reason for the change to their free ticketing process.

Then ...they went to pts like every other damn program.  It just keeps getting crappier every year.   :rant:

Their fares were a lot cheaper back then to. I’d fly from Philly to Tampa for $49 each way, and then I’d use my free flight to go to California or somewhere typically much more expensive. 

Back in the late 90s when Jetblue (I think it was,) had a deal where you could get a 1 way ticket anywhere if you were <24 and only had 1 carry on for $40. I took full advantage. 

Last edited by a moderator:
parasaurolophus said:
It is rude for a husband and wife to sit apart and then carry on a conversation over you. I am sorry you cant see how rude that is. 
That’s why you save up farts for flights. 

“Ok guys, here’s the deal. I gave you a little taste just now. So are you giving me the aisle or do I leak this out for the next three hours?”

parasaurolophus said:
What about across an aisle.  Asking for a friend. 

I can't be bothered to scroll up that high. 
i advise always being mindful of larger people walking down aisle though while carrying on conversation. i cant believe the force my arm/shoulder gets hit with sometimes and I am not even leaning in. A taller very heavy woman is like a battering ram.

Users who are viewing this thread