What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Must See Shows If In Vegas (1 Viewer)

cudjoekey10

Footballguy
The wife and I are thinking of heading to Vegas for a few days after Thanksgiving to see Miranda Lambert. Are there any can't miss shows we should take in while there? Pre-covid we visited Vegas every few years and have seen a lot of the Cirq shows, Absinth, the ventriloquist guy, etc.

Has anything new popped up that's really good?

Seen O. What kind of magic does Shin Lim do?

How about those shows like Jabberwocki and the troupe who perform in the dark with lights?

Seen O. What kind of magic does Shin Lim do?

How about those shows like Jabberwocki and the troupe who perform in the dark with lights?

Close up magic / sleight of hand, mostly with cards. He has another guy performing in the show that is more interactive.

Currently my favorite show in Vegas is the Michael Jackson One show at Mandalay Bay. I really enjoyed the blend of music, acrobatics, the lighting, the sets, and choreography. I thought “O” was okay but overrated. I had heard soo many good things about it and how it’s one of the better shows—but I just thought it was good to decent.

Another experience to consider is Meow Wolf. It’s not a traditional show—it’s basically an interactive Art Exhibit that you walk through. It’s like a labyrinth/maze of different visuals. Its at a spot called Area15 just off of the strip—which is kinda an interesting place to see. They have bars and other exhibits there—so it’s a spot where you can spend several hours. My only advice if you see Meow Wolf is request a really late start time. If you go too early—there will be lots of kids/families there.

Edit: removed what I wrote about absinthe as I missed the part saying op had already seen it

Last edited:
Currently my favorite show in Vegas is the Michael Jackson One show at Mandalay Bay. I really enjoyed the blend of music, acrobatics, the lighting, the sets, and choreography. I thought “O” was okay but overrated. I had heard soo many good things about it and how it’s one of the better shows—but I just thought it was good to decent. I also thought that Absinthe was good—-but it seems to be very polarizing (people either really enjoyed it or really hated it). Another experience to consider is Meow Wolf. It’s not a traditional show—it’s basically an interactive Art Exhibit that you walk through. It’s like a labyrinth/maze of different visuals. Its at a spot called Area15 just off of the strip—which is kinda an interesting place to see. They have bars and other exhibits there—so it’s a spot where you can spend several hours. My only advice if you see Meow Wolf is request a really late start time. If you go too early—there will be lots of kids/families there.
Wife and I really enjoyed One

I really enjoyed the Shin Lim show, but you have to like his style of magic.
I went to that show a couple weeks after it opened. It was decent and family friendly imo. I got called onto stage during one of Colin Cloud’s performances—which was a pretty cool experience.

The more expensive shows were actually the most disappointing, imo. Wife and I thought the Cirque show O was kinda slow and a little boring. Our favorite was actually the cheapest…Mike Hammer magic/comedy at the Four Queens. Great show but keep in mind that he gets the audience to participate. Piff the Magic Dragon was pretty good too.

One of the best shows we went to last time was "Paranormal Mind Reading" with Frederic Da Silva. Cheap too!
Not sure if he still does this, but after the show each and every person that wanted to was able to talk to him. He asked me to pick any number in my head and he wrote it down on a pamphlet right in front of me. I was pretty blown away.

Here are two daytime shows worth checking out:

Mac King at the Excalibur - He's a magician and he's hilarious. Have seen him twice and loved it both times. Just a fun show with great tricks.

Big Elvis at Harrah's - this is a free show and just a fun one to stop in and hear great Elvis tunes in the Piano Bar. He's good and his performances are fun. If you're walking around the strip, he plays 3 sets on certain days of the week (2:00, 3:30 and 5). Just check for his dates if you're hoping to catch him.

Good options already suggested... Mac King is a great mid-day show... cheap, funny, and fairly good magic (especially his famous rope cutting trick), and Meow Wolf's Omega Mart is a trip. Not sure I'd go back again, but I'm really glad I did it once. I thought Shin Lim was a bit of a letdown. He's one of the best closeup magicians in the world, but that doesn't work so well on the big stage. You're basically just watching what he's doing on the projection screen, so it's a bit like watching him on TV. Every trick he does is also all over YouTube. But his magic is unreal. I think Penn and Teller or Piff are better options.

If you're a Beatles fan and haven't seen Love yet, you may want to do that. It's unlikely Hard Rock will keep that going too much longer.

There's a brand new topless show at The Strat called Rouge that was actually really entertaining. My wife liked it more than I did. But you have to go all the way up to The Strat, so...

Good options already suggested... Mac King is a great mid-day show... cheap, funny, and fairly good magic (especially his famous rope cutting trick), and Meow Wolf's Omega Mart is a trip. Not sure I'd go back again, but I'm really glad I did it once. I thought Shin Lim was a bit of a letdown. He's one of the best closeup magicians in the world, but that doesn't work so well on the big stage. You're basically just watching what he's doing on the projection screen, so it's a bit like watching him on TV. Every trick he does is also all over YouTube. But his magic is unreal. I think Penn and Teller or Piff are better options.

If you're a Beatles fan and haven't seen Love yet, you may want to do that. It's unlikely Hard Rock will keep that going too much longer.

There's a brand new topless show at The Strat called Rouge that was actually really entertaining. My wife liked it more than I did. But you have to go all the way up to The Strat, so...
I agree with a lot of this. I do feel like Meow Wolf is definitely an experience worth doing at least once. It’s probably not worth it for most to do it a second time. Unfortunately for me—I probably will end up doing it again. When I was in Vegas a couple months ago and went to Meow Wolf with my GF that flew in from Canada—I made the mistake of booking our tickets for the evening that she arrived. I booked our tickets for like 8pm (which was supposed to be 7 hours after her arrival)—but her flight got delayed—and she ended up getting to Vegas at like 4pm. Between her being tired from being stuck at the airport and tarmac for hours, jet lag—she was pretty exhausted. My plan was to take an edible before us grabbing an Uber to Area15–but that got nixed when it became apparent that it would be easier if I just drove us there in my vehicle. With that said—I still very much enjoyed the experience—but we were only there for maybe an hour and a half. I would have loved to enjoy it with more energy, time, while under the influence of something that could magnify the overall psychedelic experience.

I also agree on Shim. The show is fine/solid. I booked an entire row when we went—and probably 3-4 of my guests were remotely familiar with Shin Lim before the show. While we all generally enjoyed the show—the people in my group that weren’t familiar with Shin’s stuff on YouTube/tv were far more mesmerized than the ones that were. For the people that have seen his stuff online-I also agree that you’d want to have closer and better seats if you do see Shin as you’re basically watching it on a screen if you are further back.

I agree with a lot of this. I do feel like Meow Wolf is definitely an experience worth doing at least once. It’s probably not worth it for most to do it a second time. Unfortunately for me—I probably will end up doing it again. When I was in Vegas a couple months ago and went to Meow Wolf with my GF that flew in from Canada—I made the mistake of booking our tickets for the evening that she arrived. I booked our tickets for like 8pm (which was supposed to be 7 hours after her arrival)—but her flight got delayed—and she ended up getting to Vegas at like 4pm. Between her being tired from being stuck at the airport and tarmac for hours, jet lag—she was pretty exhausted. My plan was to take an edible before us grabbing an Uber to Area15–but that got nixed when it became apparent that it would be easier if I just drove us there in my vehicle. With that said—I still very much enjoyed the experience—but we were only there for maybe an hour and a half. I would have loved to enjoy it with more energy, time, while under the influence of something that could magnify the overall psychedelic experience.
That place is made for the right altered state for sure. I'm heading back to Vegas in early November with a friend who hasn't been there... this has me a bit tempted to go back...

If you like the Beatles at all, Love is cool. Good music combined with a Cirque show, made it enjoyable.

I heard good things about Meow Wolf was gonna do it last time in Vegas but didn't happen

Another vote for LOVE, if you like the Beatles.

Just saw Piff the Magic Dragon last weekend. Was not 100% sure going in, but he puts on a very entertaining show. Lots of audience participation. Very funny and some well done 'magic'.

Another experience to consider is Meow Wolf. It’s not a traditional show—it’s basically an interactive Art Exhibit that you walk through. It’s like a labyrinth/maze of different visuals. Its at a spot called Area15 just off of the strip—which is kinda an interesting place to see. They have bars and other exhibits there—so it’s a spot where you can spend several hours. My only advice if you see Meow Wolf is request a really late start time. If you go too early—there will be lots of kids/families there.
I was underwhelmed by Omega Mart. I appreciate the time and effort that the artists went to, but the experience itself felt like a merging of Wacky Packages and a science museum.

But I'm not really the target demographic for that exhibit. I think people who fit into any of the following categories would probably enjoy it:

1. people under the influence of mind-altering substances.
2. people who really, really, really enjoy modernist alternative art.
3. children under the age of 12.

Beatles Love is great as others have said. The Michael Jackson one is good too. Too bad he was a despicable person. Ruins all of his legacy.

One of the best shows we went to last time was "Paranormal Mind Reading" with Frederic Da Silva. Cheap too!
Not sure if he still does this, but after the show each and every person that wanted to was able to talk to him. He asked me to pick any number in my head and he wrote it down on a pamphlet right in front of me. I was pretty blown away.
how is this possible? anyone?

How do you guys get your tickets. The last time I went about 5 years ago, I got a tip from the LV thread to use the ticket kiosk vendor guys for a discount. Is that still the shark move?

Generally, and statistically, people pick the same "common" numbers (e.g. 7). Pretty brazen to do it where he may have been wrong, but that's my understanding of how it's done.

Generally, and statistically, people pick the same "common" numbers (e.g. 7). Pretty brazen to do it where he may have been wrong, but that's my understanding of how it's done.
I picked 13 and he literally wrote it right in front of my wife and I. He turned the pamphlet as I stated what my number was. Insane

Not a show, but I second the Area 15/Meow Wolf/Omega Mart idea. Lots of things to do there.

Charger/Raider game on 12/4. VGK hockey. Aerosmith residency at Park MGM, Annie at the Smith Center, Freestyle Love Supreme all sound that time. Just depends on what you like.

Absinthe my favorite if you like gross humor
Aerosmith still really good although a short show
All the Cirque shows good although Ka didn’t quite grab me like O did.
Le Reve was amazing, sad to see it close but excited for Awakening
Shin Lim amazing but large theatre not the best for that kind of magic
Copperfield seems tired but still amazing show
Lost Spirit Distillery looks great but have not been yet
Particle Ink also unique but I think is just wrapping up
Carrot Top still hilarious
Meow Wolf is a tough one for me because it’s an amazing concept but you end up waiting in line to use computers and other things to advance the story, and there’s so many people in there that you’re usually not discovering a cool passageway on your own

I picked 13 and he literally wrote it right in front of my wife and I. He turned the pamphlet as I stated what my number was. Insane
There are a few methods to do this, so I'd have to watch it to have a guess (which I may have no idea... I'm a dork and have even done a bit of magic :-)nerd: & :bag: I know)). But also remember that when people deconstruct a trick, they often lose/leave out crucial parts from their memory. It's why you shouldn't do a trick for someone twice... things they missed, and would have left out had they told a friend what happened, become more apparent.

Oh, and as 3 hour lunch mentioned above, Carrot Top... somehow... still rules.

Reactions: Zow

Users who are viewing this thread