What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NCAA quarter draft - getting the band back together (1 Viewer)

Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello

BREAKING: Oregon vs. VCU has been declared a no-contest due to COVID protocols with VCU, per the NCAA. Oregon advances to the second round.

The worst thing in this format has to be knowing that no matter what a 10 or a 14 will advance and the outcome of that game either way is enough to keep you in the red throughout.  

Rough day here so far.  Tech taking a dump doesn't help. Could easily be down to Baylor by tomorrow who can't even get me a car wash if they win the tournament

wasn't Prince the one that took forever to pay last time?   And he hasn't been on in 3 weeks
😡 I have always paid my debts...and always lose 😂

But I have gotten out of the habit of checking this place and forgot all about the quarters draft. Oh well...good luck to all. Not nearly enough trash talk going on in here though!!!

I’ve only had to pay once in all the years I’ve done this, but I’ll be paying this year. 

UCSB should have won and I knew that miss of a 2 foot bunny would mean I’d be paying. Bad beats are why I don’t bet daily anymore. 

Love this draft though, not sure why more people aren’t interested. 

I’ve only had to pay once in all the years I’ve done this, but I’ll be paying this year. 

UCSB should have won and I knew that miss of a 2 foot bunny would mean I’d be paying. Bad beats are why I don’t bet daily anymore. 

Love this draft though, not sure why more people aren’t interested. 
Because we’d rather Piss our money away on pretent currency, recycled YouTube hi lights, gamma squeezes, and biotech stocks run by a guy who previously sold fake dream catchers. 

Not sure a quarter draft has had two 100 buck losers before.  I think the ATH win is in the $225 range, but that came pretty distributed.   The Midwest is going to really just crush dreams and savings accounts.  

I think the ATH win is in the $225 range, but that came pretty distributed.   
I won >$330 in 2018.

Gonzaga (4) 2 wins
Texas Tech (3) 3 wins
WVU (5) 2 wins
Loyola (11) 4 wins
NC St (9) 0 wins
Kansas St (9) 3 wins
Marshall (13) 1 win
UMBC (16) 1 win

It's all luck.

I won >$330 in 2018.

Gonzaga (4) 2 wins
Texas Tech (3) 3 wins
WVU (5) 2 wins
Loyola (11) 4 wins
NC St (9) 0 wins
Kansas St (9) 3 wins
Marshall (13) 1 win
UMBC (16) 1 win

It's all luck.

There's something to identifying where to hit the +EV teams and where to just try to not get murdered.  

I mean a 3 seed that makes it to the sweet 16 is worth less than a 9 seed that beats an 8 and loses by 30 to a 1 seed.  That's hard for many to deal with when that 9 seed is a coinflip to win 1 game and the 3 is probably 80% to win one game.  It's what makes the format a lot of fun.  Swing for the fences and maybe hit a couple, or sort of go mid-road and hope everyone plays above their seeding.  

That and the fact that no matter what you have a rooting interest in every game at least up until the final 4.  

There's something to identifying where to hit the +EV teams and where to just try to not get murdered.  

I mean a 3 seed that makes it to the sweet 16 is worth less than a 9 seed that beats an 8 and loses by 30 to a 1 seed.  That's hard for many to deal with when that 9 seed is a coinflip to win 1 game and the 3 is probably 80% to win one game.  It's what makes the format a lot of fun.  Swing for the fences and maybe hit a couple, or sort of go mid-road and hope everyone plays above their seeding.  

That and the fact that no matter what you have a rooting interest in every game at least up until the final 4.  
I agree, I absolutely love the format.  Only downside is that you end up rooting against the underdogs late in the tourney if you don't have them. 

shuke said:
I agree, I absolutely love the format.  Only downside is that you end up rooting against the underdogs late in the tourney if you don't have them. 
You can root for mine.  :D

Yep. 

Although I share Sister Jean’s disappointment today. 

Since this is winding down, here's who I ended up with.  Got the top pick, which I didn't really want, would have preferred probably 5 or 6. I'm either going to score 0 or a lot.

• 6 Texas Tech
  • 11 Sparty/UCLA
  • 9 Wisky - This is the one I wasn't thrilled with although I think they beat UNC
  • 9 St. Bonnies
  • 12 Oregon St
  • 14 Colgate
  • 5 Creighton - Decent value in the 7th round
  • NORP/App St - Mr. Irrelevant
This turned out pretty good.  Would trade it for Bama beating UCLA though.  Can't hit a free throw, terrible end for a fun team to follow.

Will lock our 20 man $100 a team pool tonight if USC holds on. Pick 1-10. Can play a team as many times as you want at or above their seed. I had Gonzaga 1. USC at 5 and 6. UCLA at 8, 9 and 10 slots. $$$

I won >$330 in 2018.

Gonzaga (4) 2 wins
Texas Tech (3) 3 wins
WVU (5) 2 wins
Loyola (11) 4 wins
NC St (9) 0 wins
Kansas St (9) 3 wins
Marshall (13) 1 win
UMBC (16) 1 win

It's all luck.

Cav won $1200+ in a $1 pool back in 2011

It was a run  :kicksrock:
Yeah I was surprised they got by Loyola. Definitely the surprise team of the tournament for me as I thought UCLA had the raw talent and Oral Roberts was a better than average 15 seed. 

Pac12 really showed up. Somewhere @LHUCKS must be smiling through sips of White Claws. 

Users who are viewing this thread